#28: The man's a joy magnet!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. WEEEEEEEEEE How many mods does it take to put up a new thread title...and which one do you want?

• Winning people over all the time
    • More kool-aid for me, please.
    • WHERE'S THE SMUT???!!!!!
    • ....having a verra verra good time!
    • Things are progressing!
    • Hannah is My Hero
    • Be warned. He's quite lethally cute!
    • My pocket book is groaning but I'm happy. Sigh.
    • songs chosen by Clay
    • EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!
    • he's teasing us, ya'll!
    • Put the kiddies to bed; this is gonna get good.
    • Holy mother of GUH!!!!!!!
    • I don't give a s**t what Clay chooses to sing on his CD. It's his choice. I'm happy with that.
    • Did you know GUH was not an acceptable scrabble word?
    • He sings, he dances?he drinks tap water?
    • in my mind I will cheerfully add "all the way to the bank".
    • I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? shrug.gif Thanks fer the koolaid?

Love the article though!

Yeah that! EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening! :woohoo:

Oh happy day!!!! I finally got to see the new video. I can.not wait for the new CD. It is going to be fabulous!!!!!! Yes it is...cos I said so.

It was fun getting an instant message even though I couldn't stream :cry4: ...I could dream!!! Thank you :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Now, that is as much as an over the top press release that anyone could want! heh.

looks around interestedly - I wonder who vetted and approved the "he’s known for his signature ballads", even through the first single will be "pop-rock"? I can live with signature ballads, because he's got a handle on that like no one else...

I wonder who are the other three artists whose first three albums debuted in the top five? Somebody google that for me.

Except it isn't a press release, and there was an even more over-the-top album bio for ATDW that a lot of people have forgotten. It's still up at Clay's MySpace at the moment.

I don't think we ever found out who the other artists are. Maybe we'll find out something when this album also debuts in the top five?

Wow, this appears to be a collaborative effort, well thought out and moving forward in a well orchestrated plan. I hope he sells lots of albums and gets lots of critical acclaim but the most important thing for me has already happened. Clay is happily working on a project with mucho support from his producers and record company and he's happy. He's exploring his musicality..whatever that means and really being creative not just with the album but with Spamalot. I'm really enjoying this.

If that write up is going to form the basis of his press release I think it's wonderful. It's not over the top..it's pretty straight forward and not overly embellished. I love that the 8 tours is in there. To me that spells success. Sometimes if people don't see you on tv or hear you on the radio they think you aren't doing anything. But he has been quite busy since Idol ended. I'm so proud of him.

I'm hoping this roll out for the new album will heal the wounds of the fandom. 2006 is OVER. We have so much to enjoy right now and look forward to. And I hope we as in the fandom don't get caught up in numbers that bitterness ensues if it doesn't meet our lofty expectations. It's all about the music for me. And this my sistahs... it's going to be a great ride.

Intermission report from CV:

She says Clay is showing no signs of the hip injury. If it's bothering him, there is no evidence of it in his performance. From her A2 seat, she was able to see Clay climb into the tower for his first scene and also change into the other hat for his "Not Dead Yet" scene. She loves all the little nuances Clay has added to his performance just since the last time she was there. He's quite the actor!

She says the new Galahad (Bradley Dean) is really great and not to worry about the change in casting. She said his voice is phenomenal, he's a very good dancer and so far has done great with the comedy. He seems to have a cleft in his chin and plays up Galahad's 'hair flips'/'I'm so handsome' bit in a big way. She said he was really into the slo mo scene and really rocked out on the "Find Your Grail" dancing. One cute thing...in his first big scene with Brad as Galahad's Mom, his hands were visibly shaking. But then after he delivered his first couple of lines, the shaking stopped. And when he did the "Phantom of the Opera" scene with Hannah, two strands of his wig got stuck to his lips/face and he had a hard time freeing himself from their hold on him. She said it seemed like the wig hadn't quite been 'broken' in yet.

More after the stage door...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Love that RCA bio, love the demos to the songs. Yep, I am a spoiler whore.

LOVED the interview from the RCA Music Group Press Site!! It has really gotten me excited about the album!

(And the fact it came from RCA makes me smile for some reason.... :imgtongue:)

Not that I wasn't before, but I was biding my time, tempering my excitement so as not to peak too early. :D

Have to go back and watch the AOL interview with sound. I couldn't resist watching it at work, but had the sound down so low I couldn't hear it.

And that picture.... I have been studying it and I have decided I really do not like his hair that light. It washes him out. If there was just a little more depth to the color or if it leaned a bit more toward the reddish tone, I think I would like it better.

Unfortunately, no one consulted me!

But I would still do him in a heart beat!

I haven't listened to the other versions of the songs....ya'll that like to do that, have a good time, though. I mean that.

I think that bio is outstanding. Loved reading about his two families...

Wow, this appears to be a collaborative effort, well thought out and moving forward in a well orchestrated plan. I hope he sells lots of albums and gets lots of critical acclaim but the most important thing for me has already happened. Clay is happily working on a project with mucho support from his producers and record company and he's happy. He's exploring his musicality..whatever that means and really being creative not just with the album but with Spamalot. I'm really enjoying this.

If that write up is going to form the basis of his press release I think it's wonderful. It's not over the top..it's pretty straight forward and not overly embellished. I love that the 8 tours is in there. To me that spells success. Sometimes if people don't see you on tv or hear you on the radio they think you aren't doing anything. But he has been quite busy since Idol ended. I'm so proud of him.

I'm hoping this roll out for the new album will heal the wounds of the fandom. 2006 is OVER. We have so much to enjoy right now and look forward to. And I hope we as in the fandom don't get caught up in numbers that bitterness ensues if it doesn't meet our lofty expectations. It's all about the music for me. And this my sistahs... it's going to be a great ride.

Bravo dear couchie!

Actually, I was thinking today (probably a dangerous thought)...and it's something that some will probably not agree with at all. I think the whole RCA stuff in 2005/2006 was probably good for the fandom in the long run. IMO, before that point, Clay had a pretty charmed existence, and the expectations from some fans was that Clay would continue to have things handed to him on a silver platter. Well, that didn't quite happen. Things turned out differently, and I totally think Clay learned a lot from the experience. At the same time, some in the fandom had a "reality check" -- Clay has an amazing talent, to be sure, but business is business, and things do NOT always go the way fans want them to. My hope is that a lesson was learned, and, as couchie says, we can move past that.

But, I'll say too -- please don't trash ATDW in the process. I still love the album dearly. I'm looking forward to the new album, but I love all Clay's albums like children, and I don't want ATDW to be the bastard stepchild.

OK, I'm shutting up now.

couchie -- AOL Webisode about On My Way Here. The link was originally posted about 3 pages ago.

ldyj... I will join you in that wish. I LOVE ATDW sooo much and never want it to become the red-headed stepchild either!

It will probably take a backseat for awhile, but I think one day it will get the respect it so deserves. When Clay wins his first Grammy, whatcha wanna bet that ATDW is no longer called a covers cd, but a cd of classics... betcha! (hope so!) :cryingwlaughter:

Here here, couchie. Forward ho!!!

Who you callin' a ho?

:cryingwlaughter:

heee yeah I didn't catch that. ATDW will always be very special to me. It got me through a very very difficult time and I adore it.

I went back 3 pages and can't find the AOL link ..can somebody help me..I'm missing it somehow.

Thanks LadyJ..I'll stop whining now!

eeek green sweater LOL!!

Don't be dissin' on the Green Sweater. It got laughn through some very difficult times! Apparently. :cryingwlaughter:

jmh123... I have eyes in the back of my head. ;) Hee.

Does anyone know how to convert .mov to .wmv or .avi?

I don't like the green sweater but I can't help thinking how nice it might be to snuggle up with.......well Clay would have to be wearing it of course!

I am in lust with the new pic that surfaced today. All these goodies are going to get me through the next two weeks of hell!

I'm loving my new laptop. I bought it for a couple of reasons but I got it now because I will be moving into a hotel next week so I can be closer to work and they have free wireless. Well I tell you what good is that without a laptop?

If I have a 5 minute commute instead of a 35 minute one I have more time to surf!!!!!

Do you think we will get a press release soon? Is the 5/6 date going to stick? How long before we hear more snippets? I wanna know and I wanna know now!!!!!

I also love ATDW and no-one puts that babee in a corner!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Could someone help a poor working girl out??

The Dream Dinners store had our "Preview" tonight = almost twice thhe number of people we expected showed up!

I worked all day yesterday and 10 1/2 hours today!

My really really good Clayfriend came to the preview and sneak me a print out of the New Picture of Clay :hubbahubba:

and gave me the new interview heads up . . .

could someone please post a link for me??>!!

I haven't had time to read a thing!!!

ETA:

Oh - is it the webisode posted above me??!!

thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou

Does anyone see the "ghost" looking over Clay's shoulder in the Hi Res picture?

What IS that?

th_OMWHCover_HiRes.jpg

Look closely -- there's a forehead and some hair... or is it just an illusion? Maybe it's younger Clay on his way "here". :lol:

YSRN... you are right... I do see a hairline and forehead. Wonder who that is? Clay's alter ego??? :cryingwlaughter:

eta... I blew it up and it looks like Clay... honest. They must have used another shot to put the front him in front of and forgot to airbrush the back him out... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Don't be dissin' on the Green Sweater. It got laughn through some very difficult times! Apparently. :cryingwlaughter:

Does anyone know how to convert .mov to .wmv or .avi?

I like the green sweater, but I hated the way he looked at the Chicago book signing in it!

I remember the first time I saw it during the JNT04 in Sewell where I took these pictures. Doesn't he look like a baby?

Sewell30.jpg

Sewell14.jpg

Sewell4.jpg

Sewell3.jpg

Clay-Sewell.jpg

What IS that?

th_OMWHCover_HiRes.jpg

Look closely -- there's a forehead and some hair... or is it just an illusion? Maybe it's younger Clay on his way "here". :lol:

Twin, what have you been drinking?? :trink3: I don't see anything! But just for you I am willing to stare at it until

i do!

(Of course, I was the one who needed diagrams to see Hannah pinch Clay's butt!)

ETA: couchie, I was just going to come back and say I needed diagrams - again!! I can't see a thing!

YSRN... you are right... I do see a hairline and forehead. Wonder who that is? Clay's alter ego??? :cryingwlaughter:

eta... I blew it up and it looks like Clay... honest. They must have used another shot to put the front him in front of and forgot to airbrush the back him out... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

ok this may rival Claygasm and the butt pinch because I don't know what the hell ya'll are talking about. I need arrows and diagrams :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Here here, couchie. Forward ho!!!

Who you callin' a ho?

:cryingwlaughter:

heee yeah I didn't catch that.

BWAH!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

What IS that?

th_OMWHCover_HiRes.jpg

Damn, the eyes in the front of your head are impressive too!

Yes, there does appear to be a Clay forehead behind, uh, Clay's head in the hi-res album cover pic.... :blink:

From ClayizzaQT at CV

From the stage door...regaled by clay reports that Clay was wearing a green cardigan sweater that zips up the front, jeans and a purple shirt with a multi-striped tie. She said his hair looked gorgeous and he was absolutely adorable. Several other cast members came out and signed too and they were all dressed up as well. Perhaps there is a party for the new cast member?

More to come as soon as I get it typed

twoclays.ppt

I've never tried an attachment before, but here one is. I put an circle and arrow pointing to the other Clay behind Clay's shoulder.

Once you see where it is, you can go back to the hi-res and look more closely.

This is my 500th post. YEAH!!!!! Whooo Hoooo!!!! One more and I'm no longer a body guard. Not sure if that is a good thing or not... BWAH!!!

I have a serious question. What defines a "cover"?

I mean "The Real Me" is apparently on someone's album so doesn't Clay having it on his make it a cover?

I know Clay considered my favorite TOA to be an original, but yet it appeared on a Bon Jovi album (was it as a bonis track - I dont remember).

So when is a cover song not a cover????

And is anyone else really curious about the song Kipper brought with him "Everything I Don't Need" that Clay called left of center???

ETA: Liney, thanks for the diagram. I see it now! Obviously, I need these diagrams cause I'm blind! :cryingwlaughter:

Or just distracted by how pretty Clay looks in hi-res..... :hubbahubba:

CG, that actually is a very good question, and honestly, it's one I can't answer. But it leads me to a story -- something my semi-musician husband and I go around and around about all the time. I was telling my husband that OMWH was coming out soon, and it was all "originals." He said, "so Clay wrote the songs?" To him, "originals" means something that the singer wrote; something written for Clay, or something selected by Clay, isn't an original, it's just "songs chosen by Clay."

TOA was a bonus track, if I remember correctly.

And yes, the song suggested by Kipper, "Everything I Don't Need," left-of-center, sounds fascinating to me. Didn't Clay say in the WRAL clip that it had an R&B vibe? Sounds cool to me.

YSRN, you're amazing. And you have good eyes too. *g*