#28: The man's a joy magnet!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. WEEEEEEEEEE How many mods does it take to put up a new thread title...and which one do you want?

• Winning people over all the time
    • More kool-aid for me, please.
    • WHERE'S THE SMUT???!!!!!
    • ....having a verra verra good time!
    • Things are progressing!
    • Hannah is My Hero
    • Be warned. He's quite lethally cute!
    • My pocket book is groaning but I'm happy. Sigh.
    • songs chosen by Clay
    • EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!
    • he's teasing us, ya'll!
    • Put the kiddies to bed; this is gonna get good.
    • Holy mother of GUH!!!!!!!
    • I don't give a s**t what Clay chooses to sing on his CD. It's his choice. I'm happy with that.
    • Did you know GUH was not an acceptable scrabble word?
    • He sings, he dances?he drinks tap water?
    • in my mind I will cheerfully add "all the way to the bank".
    • I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? shrug.gif Thanks fer the koolaid?

I saw William Hung in the airport once and he already knew how to deal with us common folk..he just kept moving saying No Autographs No Autographsl. I cracked up. I can't believe he's still touring. Really? Thought he was cute and was happy he made money before 19 realized there was money to be made in bad singers..but really...it's 4 years later!

Oh couchie, how cool. I'd do that in a heartbeat too....

"Daddy always gets the big piece of chicken" is still one of the funniest comedy lines for me ever.

*watches the clock tick to get out of work* Boyfriend is waiting for me!

Nope, I'm not excited. Not at all.

:manynanas: :manynanas: :manynanas:

Oh couchie, how cool. I'd do that in a heartbeat too....

"Daddy always gets the big piece of chicken" is still one of the funniest comedy lines for me ever.

*watches the clock tick to get out of work* Boyfriend is waiting for me!

Nope, I'm not excited. Not at all.

:manynanas: :manynanas: :manynanas:

:cryingwlaughter: nah. not excited at all. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

OK Chris Rock is basically sold out..a few scattered single tickets. But of course thanks to my experience in this fandom I'm not worried in the least about finding a ticket. But I just thought I'd let ya'll know and get prepared for the next round of Clay concerts... Ticketbastard makes you put in TWO separate words now with a space between each word. WTF? One nonsensical word wasn't enough? This is gonna be fun, only NOT.

Ticketbastard makes you put in TWO separate words now with a space between each word. WTF? One nonsensical word wasn't enough? This is gonna be fun, only NOT.

I ordered from TicketBastard the other day for the touring version of Spamalot (which will be here on Clay's closing weekend.. I guess I can "pretend"....). Yep, two words, often times with a frickin' line through it so it was even harder to read... I had the best luck when I guessed than when I actually tried to read the damn words... frustrating is a definite understatement!

LdyJ I'm really excited for you as you head off to NY. You're going to get to see a smiling Clay you've never seen before!! Can't wait for the reports from Gibby & Muski as well.

RL has been kicking my rear end a bit, and I can't think of anything interesting to say, but I'm enjoying reading.

I have a technical question. When I send a PM to someone, it never shows up in my "Sent" box. I don't know if it went through or not. If the person doesn't respond to me, I'm not sure if it means they never got the message or they just don't want to talk to me. I don't want to pester anyone by sending a message more than once.

What am I doing wrong???

TIA

Perma, you aren't doing anything wrong. I keep meaning to try to fix that but if you want a PM you sent to show up in your sent mail you have to check a little box under the big message box. Otherwise? Ozone. I'll try to make it a default becuase it really bugs me too.

Spikesmom..I know..before I read the instructions I was going..hmmm that one has a line through it so they must want to type in the other one. DUH.

Spikesmom..I know..before I read the instructions I was going..hmmm that one has a line through it so they must want to type in the other one. DUH.

:cryingwlaughter: Well, you're smarter than moi as I didn't read any stinkin' instructions - I just kept typing words (often incorrectly, I might add) until I finally hit the jackpot! As if it's not already too much fun trying to get good tickets...

Greetings from the Schubert! The show is starting in a couple of minutes, so I can't post much. I loved the show last night, and row B center tickets were awesome. Mr. Gibby and I had a blast with Muski and Mr. Muski last night and today. The show is starting - I'll try to post again at intermisson!

OMWH is now showing up on Amazon UK & Amazon Japan! :clap:

And the extra forehead has been removed. :cryingwlaughter:

It's intermission. Very full; lots of young people in large groups - perhaps they are on spring break. The crowd is very responsive and appreciative; lots of laughing and applauding. Clay is animated and happy. He's dancing quite energetically.

After being in row B last night it's great to see the show from the mezzanine and see an overall view of the stage. It gives me a better appreciation of how well Clay fits in with the cast , because I mostly focused on Clay last night when I sat so close. Clay got lots of cheers when he sang the 'idol of my age' line both last night and tonight.

Well, I'd better stop posting - show's about to start again.

Whooo hoooo, gibby and muski recaps with comments by mr.gibby and mr.muski. Should be very interesting! :cryingwlaughter:

I got the Monty Python Quest for the Holy Grail from Amazon yesterday. A special 2-disc set was on sale for $11.49 and I could not resist. I really laughed out loud cause it came up when I ordered OMWH! Now, how do you think they got Monty Python cyberly connected to a new cd of Clay Aiken's???? :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

{{{{Perma}}}}

I think I'm going to try going to bed now. As if I can sleep. Heh. As far as I know, everything is packed. I'm not taking the laptop, but will confiscate muski's for a few times, and I can post from my PDA too.

CG, see how close that Better Burger place is from the theater. I thought that menu sounded great, and would love to go there if you and muski are agreeable! See you Sunday! And I get to see playbiller Sunday too!

EEEEEEEEEEE!

I think I'm going to try going to bed now. As if I can sleep. Heh. As far as I know, everything is packed. I'm not taking the laptop, but will confiscate muski's for a few times, and I can post from my PDA too.

CG, see how close that Better Burger place is from the theater. I thought that menu sounded great, and would love to go there if you and muski are agreeable! See you Sunday! And I get to see playbiller Sunday too!

EEEEEEEEEEE!

The Better Burger at 9th and 42nd isn't far. The theater is on 44th between 8th and 9th (or is it 7th and 8th?) so its doable. I would be happy with it because there are things for meeeee!

You and muski talk and figure it out. My lurker friend and I are easy. Who knows, maybe muski has found something fabulous too! Just let me know and we'll be there!

Can't wait!

I just read through quickly and don't have long but things have been to the wall for me -- last night I spent the night with my mother because she was too weak to be at the hospital and didn't want to spend the night alone. This morning she passed out cold in the kitchen making coffee and fortunately I was right there to catch her. Called 911 and she went to the hospital in an ambulance. Having two parents in the hospital at the same time in separate buildings is ka-razy and killing. Fortunately my sister arrived back from NY tonight and I got to come home and shower the hospital off of me -- YAY. But it starts again for me in the morning. My mother weighs about 90 lbs and is a stickler for fat-free, no salt diets, and eats like a bird -- so she has a serious deficiency in salt, potassium and all that good stuff. The doctor wants to keep her hospitalized for four or five more days. Daddy may come home this weekend if he continues to improve. So far he has averted some really horrible surgery and it looks good for him right now.

I haven't talked much to my sister about Spamalot other than a quick conversation over the phone yesterday. She loved it. She saw Spamalot on opening night in 2005 so she was able to compare casts-- and she thinks the show is way funnier now -- and she loved it in the first place. I told her absolutely nothing about Clay's performance before she saw it, so I think she was a little confused at the beginning because Clay plays a different Robin than David Hype Pierce. DHP was an arrogant Robin who was a chicken at heart, while Clay plays Robin as an innocent, and she at first thought that Clay was "shy" in the role, but she soon figured it out. She loved Tom Deckman in all of his parts -- and she thought Rick Holmes was the very best Lancelot and that he was brilliant as the French Taunter. She LOVED You Can't Succeed and the Drunken Guard scenes. I'll get more in-depth with her at the hospital tomorrow because we didn't discuss it longer than three minutes.

When I got in my car tonight to come home and sleep in my bed for the first time in three days (woo-hoo), exhausted, wiped out, all that ... the song playing on the CD was Everything I Have -- and it enveloped me like a warm blanket. ATDW is a very special collection of songs sung with such love and care that I felt loved just listening to it all on the drive home. I'll love it forever.

And speaking of former idol contestants, I read an article in USA Today yesterday that Kevin Covais dropped out of college to make a 80's era, R-rated college road trip film and that's he going for a career in acting. I think I'll avoid that flick.

Thanks for all the warm thoughts. Even preoccupied with all this stuff, I missed being here and keeping up with Clay and the album developments. This is a serious addiction -- and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

More kool-aid for me, please.

When I got in my car tonight to come home and sleep in my bed for the first time in three days (woo-hoo), exhausted, wiped out, all that ... the song playing on the CD was Everything I Have -- and it enveloped me like a warm blanket. ATDW is a very special collection of songs sung with such love and care that I felt loved just listening to it all on the drive home. I'll love it forever.

I love your description of ATDW......... it is special.