#28: The man's a joy magnet!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. WEEEEEEEEEE How many mods does it take to put up a new thread title...and which one do you want?

• Winning people over all the time
    • More kool-aid for me, please.
    • WHERE'S THE SMUT???!!!!!
    • ....having a verra verra good time!
    • Things are progressing!
    • Hannah is My Hero
    • Be warned. He's quite lethally cute!
    • My pocket book is groaning but I'm happy. Sigh.
    • songs chosen by Clay
    • EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!
    • he's teasing us, ya'll!
    • Put the kiddies to bed; this is gonna get good.
    • Holy mother of GUH!!!!!!!
    • I don't give a s**t what Clay chooses to sing on his CD. It's his choice. I'm happy with that.
    • Did you know GUH was not an acceptable scrabble word?
    • He sings, he dances?he drinks tap water?
    • in my mind I will cheerfully add "all the way to the bank".
    • I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? shrug.gif Thanks fer the koolaid?

Karen... by George, I think you've got it! :cryingwlaughter: They won't want a woman to beat them, so they'll work like crazy to get the best seats for little ole female you!

Did you see the Page 6 blurb about Clay? Sorta, kinda dissing him cause he had Jermone with him at the 3rd Anniversary Spamalot party. I figure Jerome is Clay's new Paxil... making him feel safe in crowds. And, he doesn't cause Clay to gain weight! Works for me! Plus, someone mentioned that with Jermone around all the time, no one can claim Clay did such and such. :F_05BL17blowkiss: to Jerome!!!

I thought maybe Jerome was actually invited - you know - as a guest. He has been around the cast and cruise since January. They may actually think of him as one of the family!

I find it funny no one ever considers that possibility.

Besides, Jerome is very CUTE too, so why wouldn't he be invited??

I thought maybe Jerome was actually invited - you know - as a guest. He has been around the cast and cruise since January. They may actually think of him as one of the family!

Besides, Jerome is very CUTE too, so why wouldn't he be invited??

Was it sort of a dinner cruise? :imgtongue:

:cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I also thought that Jerome would have been invited.

Here are my pics if anyone would like to see (no decent pictures of Clay):

NYC pics

Oooh, I look forward to seeing these when I get out of this hellhole home from work. :) Hope you are feeling ok - was this unexpected surgery?

Thanks, yes, a bit of pain but nothing I can't take Aleve for. I love Aleve.

Very unexpected surgery. I had had a biopsy done of a small mole on my left arm just prior to going to NYC. Heard nothing further until I received a phone call yesterday morning that I was expected in surgery. Immediately. Called the dermatologists's office (it was the surgeon's office that called) and was told to get there NOW. They took me over to RVH and in less than two hours I had a goodly chunk of my arm taken off. Wow. I think I was kind of in shock.

WOW. Well, I just spent a productive :cryingwlaughter: hour and a half catching up on all I missed while I was away in NYC and the last couple of days.

I'm home today because I was at the door yesterday on my way to work when the phone rang...and instead of going to work, I ended up having minor surgery instead. That's how life works sometimes I guess.

So, I've spent the day schmoozing around on the boards and editing my pics and movies from NYC.

Here are my pics if anyone would like to see (no decent pictures of Clay):

NYC pics

ETA: goldarngirl has LOTS more if she will share.....shameless begging, because I'd like to have them!

(((keepingfaith)))

Claygary... Glad you got the surgery over and done with. Thanks for the pictures! It's nice to see more of NYC than the stagedoor. LOL

CG... some fans did think of that in their response to Page Six. Page Six sure wouldn't, tho.

I hope ldyj and hubby are happily in NY at the moment. :)

HUBBY?!?!?!? Why on earth did you think I was bringing my hubby? ;)

Actually, I would have brought him if we could have afforded it. *g*

I'm in the hotel lobby, using the hotel's business center, to say "HI!" from me and muski! muski is actually snoozing at the moment in the room, but we'll be out the door shortly to catch the subway for Times Square, the Shubert, and CLAY!!!!! muski says that she had a fabulous time with Gibby the other night, and had a blast at her virginal time with Spamalot. Meanwhile, I break my Spamalot cherry tonight. I'm so excited I can't contain myself. Although, I do need food first!

FromClaygary, sorry to hear about your surgery....hope you are feeling better soon!

HUBBY?!?!?!? Why on earth did you think I was bringing my hubby? ;)

Actually, I would have brought him if we could have afforded it. *g*

See, and here I thought you were one of those really 'good' women who go to Spamalot with their husbands instead of friends. Now that I know muski is there, I understand. :cryingwlaughter:

Speaking of husbands, my husband's birthday is the day I leave for NY. I told him that's my present to him this year...leaving him alone and not bugging him about stuff that needs to be done for a couple days. He seemed happy.

fromClaygary, I hope your arm feels better soon. I had a similar experience, not as big, but just as sudden. It sort of throws you. ((hugs))

Kareneh, You always impress me with how well you adapt to the changes in your world. I'm glad to see you're going to NY.

Tracklist for OMWH, via stripedshirts at the CV:

1 On My Way Here

2 Ashes

3 Everything I Don’t Need

4 Something About Us

5 Falling

6 Where I Draw The Line

7 The Real Me

8 Weight Of The World

9 As Long As We’re Here

10 Sacrificial Love

11 Grace Of God

12 Lover All Alone

This was sent to me today by my marketing contact at Virgin Megastore Times Square

Yikes. {{{FromClaygary}}} Heh, maybe it was better that way, you know, so you didn't worry yourself silly over it while you were in NYC. ;)

Yes, I think so too!

One more of "those things" taken care of!! :goaround: {{{{FromClaygary}}}} :hugs-1:

Thanks for the pictures - makes me want to hop on a bus and go again tomorrow!!

Hubby and I are going on April 19th, so I'll have to wait till then! I particularly liked the Shubert Alley sign and the Theatre District map! I hadn't seen either of those!

HEY K'eh!! Lots of Broads will also be up there on the 19th! Check the Broafest thread!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

1 On My Way Here

2 Ashes

4 Something About Us

5 Falling

6 Where I Draw The Line

7 The Real Me

8 Weight Of The World

9 As Long As We’re Here

10 Sacrificial Love

11 Grace Of God

12 Lover All Alone

This was sent to me today by my marketing contact at Virgin Megastore Times Square

OMG!!!! Falling is definitely a shout-out to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! [/delusional]

When he asked on one of his blogs (ages ago) - I said I was listening to Richard Marx and 'Falling' was one of my favorite cuts.

Definitely a ballad - but BEAU-TI-FUL!!!!! (if it's the same song..... and if it is.... what is he trying to tell us????) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

OMG!!!! Falling is definitely a shout-out to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! [/delusional]

When he asked on one of his blogs (ages ago) - I said I was listening to Richard Marx and 'Falling' was one of my favorite cuts.

Definitely a ballad - but BEAU-TI-FUL!!!!! (if it's the same song..... and if it is.... what is he trying to tell us????) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

...and you see, the first one MY mind went to was this one.....

Fallin'

:cryingwlaughter:

...OR, there's

1 On My Way Here

2 Ashes

4 Something About Us

5 Falling

6 Where I Draw The Line

7 The Real Me

8 Weight Of The World

9 As Long As We’re Here

10 Sacrificial Love

11 Grace Of God

12 Lover All Alone

Ok, I'm a pig. I admit it. With only 12 songs I was hopin LAA would NOT be taking up one of the spots. I want all new music! I was hoping it would be a bonus track - just on the physical CD rather than just with iTunes and we would still get AT LEAST 12 new songs. AND to be even piggier, I hope there is still an iTunes bonus track and even more because I just can't get enough Clay!

I love the Richard Marx song "Falling" but I honestly don't think that's it because that would be a cover and I think he said no covers this time. Of course, maybe his definition of cover isn't mine, so maybe he doesn't consider it a cover? I hope its not that song, though, because I know that song and I don't want him to sing more songs I already know! That said, if he ever sang it in concert I would definitely fall for him all over again!

Now, of course I am taking this list with a HUGE grain of salt because didn't we have dueling track lists last time both of which were from good sources????

TGIF!!!!! I think maybe I won't work late tonight and get the hell out of here really soon!

ETA: Saw this at CH:

From BWW:

WABC-7 TV will present Broadway Backstage: Spring Preview, to air Saturday, March 29th from 7:30 to 8PM. It will be hosted by WABC-7 News anchor Michelle Charlesworth and actor Harvey Fierstein

<snip>

Monty Python’s SPAMALOT - The Tony Award-winning musical now starring “American Idol” finalist Clay Aiken and Oliver nominee Hannah Waddingham will also be highlighted.

EEEEE! I get this station on my satellite!

...and you see, the first one MY mind went to was this one.....

Fallin'

...OR, there's

interesting! I've never heard that song either.....

Oooooooooooooo!

Those mostly look like nice ballady titles to me! And just enough to annoy a number of people...

Yes, I'm messy. But semi-lovable.

And here is an example why there is an e in the eHP! Love it!

Now when I thing of Fallin' I think of Kim's new single, heh.

Is it possible for an 11 gallon tank to take 12 gallons of gas? I admit I was driving on fumes as I passed some gas stations that wanted specific credit cards instead of cash, ones that I do not have in my 6 credit card collection. I guess I should look and see ifthere is gas up to the cap sitting in the pipes, but I will call the place Igo for service and ask them.

Ready for another EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE????

ABC-7 To Air Broadway Spring Preview Special 3/29

WABC-7 TV will present Broadway Backstage: Spring Preview, to air Saturday, March 29th from 7:30 to 8PM. It will be hosted by WABC-7 News anchor Michelle Charlesworth and actor Harvey Fierstein

<snip>

Monty Python’s SPAMALOT - The Tony Award-winning musical now starring “American Idol” finalist Clay Aiken and Oliver nominee Hannah Waddingham will also be highlighted.

Fallin'

...OR, there's

interesting! I've never heard that song either.....

Current big hit in Canada from last year's (?...I've lost track) Canadian Idol Eva Avila. I love it, but don't think it's Clay, and he DID say he wasn't doing covers. Although, if it's only in Canada, he may not consider it a cover....?

I'm not serious, really...I don't think that's it.

ETA: THANKS!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: for all the get-well wishes! Yesterday was a little shaky after the shock, but I'm much better today.

I really must go home, but I saw this:

From berkeley at the CH:

<snip>

A couple of details on the tour comment: Wednesday night, as my sister and I were standing in the Shubert lobby during intermission, Jerome came in from outside and walked over to us to say hello. (We have a mutual acquaintance. We first met Jerome during the AI2 tour, then again during the IT when we attended with that friend, so Jerome knows who we are.) The conversation was mainly non-Clay and nothing I'd repeat, but add me to the people who think that Jerome went to the "Spamalot" party as a guest --- he said a few words about everyone missing Chris now that he's left and about Bradley moving into the Galahad role, and I remember thinking that Jerome had become part of the "Spamalot" family, too.

After a five minute conversation, a woman walked up and asked Jerome if she could speak with him when he had a moment, so we wrapped up our conversation and went back inside. In parting, I said, "We'll see you again during the summer tour." Jerome said, "It will be fall." It definitely struck us as a correction of my use of the word "summer."

Anyway, the fall tour remark was very casual and said loudly enough for anyone standing near us in the lobby to hear, so it was not something I felt necessary to keep in confidence.

<snip>

Now, I suppose it could mean Jerome may be taking some time off and won't join Clay until fall, but I think it most likely means the tour won't be until fall which would make me and my bank account verra, verra happy!

I hope it is fall, really!! Not just to give my bank account time to replenish..but Clay needs time to really push this CD and if he's on the road every night starting in July-- just think it's too fast. I'll be there either way.

CG I get where you're coming from for LAA..for me, yeah I'd prefer a new song. But I'm willing to sacrifice just a little bit for this song to be a bit more available to the masses. Because it's a pretty great song and because he wrote it. It's time he got some props for that.

Greetings from New York! I'm in the shuttle to the airport, on my way home. Wahhh! I've had such a fantastic time here that I don't want to leave, but I guess it's time to get back to real life.

I'll wait till I'm back home to write reviews of my Spamalot experiences, since posting from my pocket pc doesn't lend itself to longer posts. I will say, however, that I loved the show, thought that Clay was amazing and enjoyed all of the other actors. Hubby said that Clay's acting was "on par" with everyone else on stage. He really enjoyed Clay's big number, the French taunters, and of course the LOTL. :-) FWIW, he thinks that Clay looks like David Bowie on the new album cover.

One quick comment about the stage door last night - there definitely were barricades, and there was a security guard with Clay , but not Jerome. I got the first autograph of the night as I was in the front row and all of the way to the left of the stage door. YAY!

Gotta go, but I wanted to wish all of the FCAers in NY this weekend a most excellent time!

*raises hand*

I did. It was my first thought.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad Clay has him there in NY.

---

Nice to see the track listing. :)

I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? :shrug:Thanks fer the koolaid?

I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? :shrug:Thanks fer the koolaid?

variation on the kool aid - thread title?

Gibby glad you had a great time! Can't wait for your recap.

I must say I'm very curious about Grace of God... I'm thinking one of those... I'm surviving and avoiding the traps by the grace of god... maybe a song about celebrity. The song titles really do point to a cohesion. Can't wait to hear each and every one. And I don't want to hear anybody screaming SNEAK PEAK in the middle when I hear them for the first time. hee.