#28: The man's a joy magnet!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. WEEEEEEEEEE How many mods does it take to put up a new thread title...and which one do you want?

• Winning people over all the time
    • More kool-aid for me, please.
    • WHERE'S THE SMUT???!!!!!
    • ....having a verra verra good time!
    • Things are progressing!
    • Hannah is My Hero
    • Be warned. He's quite lethally cute!
    • My pocket book is groaning but I'm happy. Sigh.
    • songs chosen by Clay
    • EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!
    • he's teasing us, ya'll!
    • Put the kiddies to bed; this is gonna get good.
    • Holy mother of GUH!!!!!!!
    • I don't give a s**t what Clay chooses to sing on his CD. It's his choice. I'm happy with that.
    • Did you know GUH was not an acceptable scrabble word?
    • He sings, he dances?he drinks tap water?
    • in my mind I will cheerfully add "all the way to the bank".
    • I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? shrug.gif Thanks fer the koolaid?

Did you girls go to the stage door??

From CV:

When they went to the stage door they found that it was beginning to drizzle rain, but Clay came out and signed anyway. The crowd was pretty small and she felt it was due to so many of the younger crowd having to board their buses and keep to their schedule. He was wearing the burgandy Boston hoodie, burgandy sneakers and wheat or gray sweat pants. Jerome was not at the stage door tonight.

I guess no barricades either.

{{KF}}...hang in there!!

keeping faith I hope you can get a good sleep tonight, falling asleep to the sound of ATDW's Clay.

I'm beginning to think that I need an intervention. I have to prepare for a trip to Vancouver tomorrow and I'm leaving for New York in just 11 days and will be visiting my mum in Ontario and won't be back until may 6th.

So what do I do today, before and after having a long lunch with a couple of friends? I download and burn to DVD the Clay segments of AI2Rewind up to Top 8 and then this afternoon sit and watch them on my tv, cause of course it's an even better experience on a large screen. I still cannot get enough of watching his AI2 performances. I would have thought that after 1 3/4 yrs of fandom I would not get so totally sucked in.

I went to the Amazon UK site and saw 2 books there with the Clay Aiken stuff that I had not seen before. Can anyone tell me about.

1) The Underdog's Guide to Life by Clay Aiken (Hardcover - 15 Sep 2004)

2)Clay Aiken: Second-Place Star of American Idol (Blue Banner Biography) (Hardcover)

by John Torres

Did you girls go to the stage door??

From CV:

When they went to the stage door they found that it was beginning to drizzle rain, but Clay came out and signed anyway. The crowd was pretty small and she felt it was due to so many of the younger crowd having to board their buses and keep to their schedule. He was wearing the burgandy Boston hoodie, burgandy sneakers and wheat or gray sweat pants. Jerome was not at the stage door tonight.

I guess no barricades either.

{{KF}}...hang in there!!

No barricades??? No Jerome??? Hmmm. Think of the possibilities!!! :whistling-1:

I went to the Amazon UK site and saw 2 books there with the Clay Aiken stuff that I had not seen before. Can anyone tell me about.

1) The Underdog's Guide to Life by Clay Aiken (Hardcover - 15 Sep 2004)

2)Clay Aiken: Second-Place Star of American Idol (Blue Banner Biography) (Hardcover)

by John Torres

1) is an earlier title for Learning to Sing, I think. No such book ever surfaced, and LTS was listed shortly thereafter, but the listing lingered around Amazon for a long time (is it still there?).

2) is a children's book--older children. Has lots of minor mistakes. No surprises. Came out in 2004 too I think. I have a copy somewhere just because.

Sure aren't many around here tonight.

I read this over at CV and felt so good reading it....Clay is winning people over all the time.

QUOTE(CLAYPERFECT @ Mar 27 2008, 11:16 PM) *

I know we have great tickets for closing night.. but I just could not be in NYC and hoping for STO on Saturady .. so tonight I tried to get tickets for the afternoon performance.on Saturday.and got kicked out.. they gave me a phone number to call. and I did..I actually talked to a human being.. Brad I love you..he worked with me.. of course he knew I was a Clay fan..we got to talking while he was searching..this is what he said..I honestly have heard very little of Clay. other than the tabloids..then I acutally met him.he made a point of meetin us all..right down to the ticket takers...he blew me away. he was nothing like what I had read..He trully is a great guy..and he is just an average guy that has been blessed with a great talent..he really impressed me..and I have already orderd on Amazon..lol..this guy is truly going places.. and we are all so grateful he is here at Spamalot.. highfive.gif

Goodnight all eleven of you.

{{{{{{keepingfaith and whole family}}}}}} Hang in there... sis is there now and sounds like mom needs a talk on nutrition. Hopefully her doctor will oblige and she will listen. So glad your dad didn't need surgery. Listen to your FCA sisters and take care of yourself!!!

Sure aren't many around here tonight.

I read this over at CV and felt so good reading it....Clay is winning people over all the time.

QUOTE(CLAYPERFECT @ Mar 27 2008, 11:16 PM) *

I know we have great tickets for closing night.. but I just could not be in NYC and hoping for STO on Saturady .. so tonight I tried to get tickets for the afternoon performance.on Saturday.and got kicked out.. they gave me a phone number to call. and I did..I actually talked to a human being.. Brad I love you..he worked with me.. of course he knew I was a Clay fan..we got to talking while he was searching..this is what he said..I honestly have heard very little of Clay. other than the tabloids..then I acutally met him.he made a point of meetin us all..right down to the ticket takers...he blew me away. he was nothing like what I had read..He trully is a great guy..and he is just an average guy that has been blessed with a great talent..he really impressed me..and I have already orderd on Amazon..lol..this guy is truly going places.. and we are all so grateful he is here at Spamalot.. highfive.gif

Goodnight all eleven of you.

Lotus... thanks for bringing this over. What a great comment! That Clay Aiken guy... he's pretty dang special, ain't he! We have good taste in men and in entertainers!

More kool-aid for me, please

Tonight I recommend something a teensy bit stronger than Kool-Aid :whistling-1:

I've got a tub of something stashed in the garage for just such occasions.... come on down!!

{{{{{{{keepingfaith & fam}}}}}}}}

:hugs-1: & :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Have a great time, ldyj!

{{{keepingfaith}}}

ETA recap of last night from RunningFree of CH. Seems as though the stage door was as usual.

So Clay spammed me again last night, but good. My DH told me he'll pay for the tickets, but I'll need to do the buying. I could not find two seats together so we sat separately. I got a ticket for third row orchestra left, 5th seat from the aisle, but since the first 3 seats from the aisle stayed empty, I suggested to the lady next to me that we move over to them, so everybody in row 3 orchestra left moved over and I wound up in second seat from the aisle. It was a wonderful. I had a GREAT view. I'll post a bit more about the show later.

On my way out, the traffic up the right aisle was moving slowly. After I went up 3 or 4 rows, a man walking down asked the people to move over and make way for a group of people to follow him toward the stage. As they passed me single file, I saw that one of them was Marie Osmond. I gave her a big smile and she smiled back and went on toward the stage. "Wow, was that Marie Osmond? Yes, that was her" type comments could be heard. I then cut across the orchestra center to the stage door, where I was to meet my DH. I folded over my colored Playbill with the Clay article and stuck my hand out from behind a lady filming the whole thing. I'm tall, so I can do that. Shortly Clay came out without Jerome, looking great and happy and signed some items. I shouted "You were fantastic!" to him, he smile and said "here you go" handing back my playbill. He was really quick going to the other side and getting back in. As soon as he left the crowd quickly dispersed. No surprise, really, since it was beginning to drizzle very lightly.

Good Morning Everyone,

37 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

39 Days until "On My Way Here" is Here!

94 Days until The Summer of Clay!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Gooooooood morning! :flirtysmile3:

CIMG3304.jpg

{{{{{keepingfaith & family}}}}}

Thanks for the real-time updates, Gibby! Have fun, ldyj! :00000441:

When I got in my car tonight to come home and sleep in my bed for the first time in three days (woo-hoo), exhausted, wiped out, all that ... the song playing on the CD was Everything I Have -- and it enveloped me like a warm blanket. ATDW is a very special collection of songs sung with such love and care that I felt loved just listening to it all on the drive home. I'll love it forever.

And speaking of former idol contestants, I read an article in USA Today yesterday that Kevin Covais dropped out of college to make a 80's era, R-rated college road trip film and that's he going for a career in acting. I think I'll avoid that flick.

Thanks for all the warm thoughts. Even preoccupied with all this stuff, I missed being here and keeping up with Clay and the album developments. This is a serious addiction -- and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

More kool-aid for me, please.

Here, let me pour the kool-aid for you. You need to get some rest. (((hugs))) I hope things will calm down for you and your family soon.

ATDW....It's HYCA for me. I can be in a terrible, horrible mood and all I need is to hear the first three notes of that song and I'm smiling. I'm not sure how or why, and I don't care, but for me that song is the musical equivalent to the sun breaking through on a cloudy day.

I hope ldyj and hubby are happily in NY at the moment. :)

I'm on my way to New York City and my date(s) with my boyfriend! So....what are a few stops along the way? I'm in London tonight. When I checked at the desk my invitation to tea at the palace hadn't arrived yet, so I went the coffee shop here in the hotel and had a club sandwich that tasted just like the one's my mama used to make. Last night we went to Ali's for dinner and even though I ate dolma and a lovely fruit salad, I also ate some fish with little tiny bones in a sauce that cures for two years.....unless something there was lost in translation. I've got a stop over in Halifax after this and then I'm on my way to the big apple and a triple decker Spam sandwich! I just bought my very last set of tickets. This time for April the 24th. My aunt really wanted some close up seats since she has never seen Clay close up and she figures this is her best chance to do that. I got Rt. Orchestra just one seat in from the aisle on Row D. I think these will be good. I hope, I sure don't want her to be disappointed in them. I'll be in NYC from the 19th to the 25th doing 2 shows that week. I'm biting the bullet and passing on the final weekend in case the overwhelming urge to do something crazy for the CD drop hits me. I really should stay in Halifax and have a nice little local gathering with a few fans, right? We'll see...... :D

{{{{{keepingfaith}}}}}} as soon as you get some time to yourself, round up the posse for dinner. Have a Corona for me and forget all of your troubles for a few hours. It works like a charm....and if you end up on a plane to New York or some as of yet unknown tour destination....well then it works even better.

Now, I'll go back to counting those chest hairs with the magnifying glass I borrowed from the front desk. I do believe that boy has two Carolina hoodies and I pray I get the one that's too big for him when I hit the stagedoor next week. It might be too big for him but it could never be too big for me.

:hubbahubba:

I wonder what time zone I'm in......must be Greenwich because I feel like I'm straddling but balanced all at the same time. Halfway in between two worlds as it were.

OK Chris Rock is basically sold out..a few scattered single tickets. But of course thanks to my experience in this fandom I'm not worried in the least about finding a ticket. But I just thought I'd let ya'll know and get prepared for the next round of Clay concerts... Ticketbastard makes you put in TWO separate words now with a space between each word. WTF? One nonsensical word wasn't enough? This is gonna be fun, only NOT.

WTF!!! I could never read even ONE word. Sometimes, it took me 3 tries. I hate those sonofabitches.

I have totally sucked at planning my Spam trips. When the dates were announced I just clicked on the links and chose arbitrary dates that I figured would be back in North America. I never even thought to ask who was going when and as it turns out, in April...over two trips to NYC I am missing a lot of people I had really hoped to see. I am going to be a much better tour planner....yes, I promise myself that. I was thinking of doing dry runs at the internet cafes in Baku to see if anyone of them had real genuine broadband and a faster connection than I have at the house. You should see some of these places.....very interesting spots....mostly in basements....of very old buildings....where smoking is allowed. Ya know.....I bet I could set up a little competition among the boys in the internet cafe to see who has the best ticket karma. I will tell them I need seats in the first five rows and I won't take "inshala" for an answer. They're not all that religious anyway.

Karen... by George, I think you've got it! :cryingwlaughter: They won't want a woman to beat them, so they'll work like crazy to get the best seats for little ole female you!

Did you see the Page 6 blurb about Clay? Sorta, kinda dissing him cause he had Jermone with him at the 3rd Anniversary Spamalot party. I figure Jerome is Clay's new Paxil... making him feel safe in crowds. And, he doesn't cause Clay to gain weight! Works for me! Plus, someone mentioned that with Jermone around all the time, no one can claim Clay did such and such. :F_05BL17blowkiss: to Jerome!!!

WOW. Well, I just spent a productive :cryingwlaughter: hour and a half catching up on all I missed while I was away in NYC and the last couple of days.

I'm home today because I was at the door yesterday on my way to work when the phone rang...and instead of going to work, I ended up having minor surgery instead. That's how life works sometimes I guess.

So, I've spent the day schmoozing around on the boards and editing my pics and movies from NYC.

Here are my pics if anyone would like to see (no decent pictures of Clay):

NYC pics

ETA: goldarngirl has LOTS more if she will share.....shameless begging, because I'd like to have them!

(((keepingfaith)))

Heh, I am one of the few that is always around,alhough I amgoing to stop going to so many shows before I start outshouting the actors if they flub a line. But I am available to meet people for dinner The problem we have here is that not everyone is signing up in the representing list and we can't tell when every one is there. Sometimes I go at the very last minute and don't add it in. But I do know I will go for another one soo and have to add it.

We really have to start planning who would be interested in a FCA only last day after party because there are other parties that will be requeswting money deposits soon.