#28: The man's a joy magnet!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. WEEEEEEEEEE How many mods does it take to put up a new thread title...and which one do you want?

• Winning people over all the time
    • More kool-aid for me, please.
    • WHERE'S THE SMUT???!!!!!
    • ....having a verra verra good time!
    • Things are progressing!
    • Hannah is My Hero
    • Be warned. He's quite lethally cute!
    • My pocket book is groaning but I'm happy. Sigh.
    • songs chosen by Clay
    • EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!
    • he's teasing us, ya'll!
    • Put the kiddies to bed; this is gonna get good.
    • Holy mother of GUH!!!!!!!
    • I don't give a s**t what Clay chooses to sing on his CD. It's his choice. I'm happy with that.
    • Did you know GUH was not an acceptable scrabble word?
    • He sings, he dances?he drinks tap water?
    • in my mind I will cheerfully add "all the way to the bank".
    • I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? shrug.gif Thanks fer the koolaid?

Look out! It's right behind you!!!!!

That must be what one of the kitties just took off after! LOL!

Intermission report from ClayIzzaQT at CV:

I just spoke with regaled by clay and IMsnoqueen at intermission. Regaled reports a full house with a good mix of Clay fans and a Spring Break, younger type crowd. She said the audience is livelier tonight and that every single time Clay has made a solo appearance, the young girls have been screaming in a high pitched, fangirly way...the tower scene, the Not Dead Yet scene, the Idol of my age line and so forth. She said it's so cute to hear that. She is in the front row and she said the new Galahad is even better than last night and they seem to have gotten his wig under control...no problems with it tonight. She said Galahad's singing is wonderful.

She could hear two of Clay's off mike comments. In the Find Your Grail scene, when the King tells Sir Robin that the grail is a symbol and the drummer then bangs his cymbal, Clay looked at the orch. pit and said, "Stupid." And during the Camelot scene when the LOTL strips off her armor/glove, Clay yelled "Throw it to meeeeeee!" in a really high, fangirly voice. Very cute!

IMsnoqueen's 2 sisters are with her tonight and the one seated with her is enjoying it allot and laughing all the time.

Regaled said she will call after the stage door tonight as she is going to try for an autograph and needs to FOCUS!!!! hee!

Just spoke to muski. She and Mr. Muski and Gibby and Mr. Gibby are at a bar having a drink (although I see Gibby down below.... How did she do that???).

Guess what? They loved Spamalot! Muski said that Clay Aiken guy was pretty darn good. She also said when he fell down as the drunken card, his tunic flew up and they had a lovely view! :hubbahubba:

The house was either sold-out or darn near close to it. It was hard to hear, but suffice it to say they had and were having a verra verra good time!

Crap, I'm SO not caught up, but wanted to post the following, and I'll see y'all tonight after work!

I would do a recap, but as many others have already said, it’s all been said….so, let me just say:

Thanks to JetBlue for ontime, comfortable, friendly flights! This message not brought to you by Elliot Spitzer.

Goldarngirl and I would definitely fly JetBlue again.

Not too many thanks to Carmel Limousines who took over an hour and two phone calls to pick us up at JFK; and were on time but not very pleasant taking us from the hotel back to JFK. I would not fly Carmel again, and next time will take the hotel’s (likely more expensive) solution.

Thanks to the Milford Plaza Hotel, which is old but pretty clean, is in a great location relative to the theatres, restaurants and Times Square, and whose staff is just wonderful. Even the “foney people”, eh me myb and goldarngirl?

Would definitely use them again too.

And we believe Clay has slept there.

Thanks to the Europa Deli/Restaurant on 8th Ave between 43rd and 42nd streets (?) approx. It hosted us several times on the weekend, and the staff and food and selection are great.

Definitely recommended for inexpensive breakfast/quick lunch/after show dessert.

Junior’s is in a prime location for stagedoor watching, but was only OK for me. It’s very, very, very busy and noisy and quite expensive; if you’re like me and can’t eat huge portions, it’s a waste of money IMHO.

Thanks to dancermom for her pleasant company at lunch and guided tour of Times Square! Not SO sure I should be thanking her for the suitcase full of multi-colored M&M’s that seems to have followed me home.

Would you believe that’s the only sightseeing we did?

Thanks to neelie and DH, rcknrllmom and Kayla, yoyo4321 (about TIME we met!) me myb and goldarngirl for a great dinner at Sofia’s. If you’re looking for a dinner spot, this one is also recommended by us. It’s on 46th (?) between 8th and Broadway.

Thanks to tsunamimommy and rhustress for their company at lunch, even though I’m sure they’ll wonder WTH I am if they see this! :lol:

<snip>

And of course, the biggest thanks of all to Mr. Aiken; the man who never fails to thrill me, inspire me, make me laugh, make me cry. The man who takes me places I’ve never been, with people I never see enough of, and makes me never want to leave. Thanks for the memories.

I just knew that FromClaygary would write a wonderfully comprehensive recap and if I waited long enough I could just say :iagree::word: (well I wanted a Yeah That emoticon but we all know how challenged I am so you got the closest I could come)

I have come to the conclusion that as Clayfans we are the 'luckiest people in the world'.

Good Morning Everyone,

38 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

40 Days until "On My Way Here" is here!

97 Days until The Summer of Clay!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

24 hours from now....I'll be on a plane to Minneapolis! Which will then take me to NYC! Which will allow me to see my boyfriend! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Tons of recaps (I pull these from getclayaiken, thanks footloose and laughn!):

a boatload of reports from Ms. Marm, bolding interesting parts.

CrazyAboutClay at CV wrote:

I finally have my pictures from the Saturday matinee. I still can't find my USB cable, so I had to get these developed at the store and put them on a disk.

So...hope you like them.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/crazya...ay/DSCF1999.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/crazya...ay/DSCF2002.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/crazya...ay/DSCF2001.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/crazya...ay/DSCF2003.jpg

canuck2010 at CV wrote:

I don't know if this has been mentioned here but I just read at CB that nymom4clay tried to buy tickets for tonight and was told there were none for tonight and only limited view for the next few nights and they were going fast!

regaled by clay at CV wrote:

Heaven help me...I am back from tonight's stagedoor experience. I am usually very level headed and can take in details but not tonight This was the first time I was in a total "Aiken Fog"! I can't even tell you what Clay was wearing tonight at stagedoor. . After tonight's show I had my full focus on jockeying for postion at the stagedoor railing and vying for his autograph. I found the perfect location and was ready to stand my ground. I wanted to have my gorgeous Sir Robin mosaic signed by Clay tonight. Clay did grab my mosaic and then he TRIED to sign it .That's right...he tried to sign it. He stopped signing it and gave me this cute bewildered look... and said " the sharpie won't sign on it" Being the gentleman he is, he took the time to flip the picture over and signed it on the white paper backing. Needless to say from that moment on the fog set in.........Woah.....Clay actually spoke to me! Now, mind you ,it was just a few words but it was enough to make me forget who or where I was. I don't know how you women ever lived through your meet and greets! Mission accomplished....I got my mosaic signed! I just love that man!

AustenFan at CB wrote:

I was lucky to get a ticket but it was partial view and I was blocked for alot of You Won't Succeed On Broadway. I could not see the tunic flip :cry; though it sounded delightful. So I'm missing some details to recap. I still saw and heard lots of great stuff. With Clay you always get great stuff but I digress...

I'm processing some stagedoor video though with such a crowd it's tough to see much. You can barely tell what Clay is wearing. I think it was the puffy jacket but hard to sel since the crowd was so big. At one point someone says something that makes Clay laugh hystericaly though I can't tell what. And he just tosses his head all the way back in pure joy. And then these young girls start screaming with such fangirly excitement. Clay looks back at them wth this huge grin on his face, just lovin it. He's lapping up the screams and cheers ilke a big ole bowl of bottled milk. This one pretty young woman is sitting on some guy's shoulders so she can see Clay. It's so sweet.

And yes this was not only sold out but when I got to the theater there were a bunch of people waiting on a 'CANCELLATION' line. Not only did the show fill up but people who were turned away were willing to wait on line in hopes they might get a seat. Amazing. Folks must really have hoped to see this show and not just any show....the bees don't got this much BUZZZZZZ!!!!!

I usually prefer the half price ticket booth as they're cheaper than the online discount codes $60 instead of $80 for orchestra/front mezzanine and $45/$38 insead of $54 for mezzanine/balcony. But these days I can't even count on crappy seats at the booth. So I'd go for the discount codes and in advance.

This was a spring break crowd and the screams every time Clay entered the stage were concert like. Clay got the biggest ovation/screams at the end by far. It was just electric. And even more wonderul is those screams came from the back of the theater which likel means young folks and students.

ClayIzzaQT at CV wrote:

Sorry this is late. Regaled by Clay just called. Some more tidbits from tonight's show...When Clay came out in the white tux and said "And I've found MY grail." The screams were so loud for him that he had to shout the "Musical Theater!" line. In the King/drunken guard scene, he seemed to be almost helping the new Galahad actor and drawing him out somewhat. She said the scene was much funnier tonight than last night and last night was funny. When he 'died' and fell to the ground, his tunic flipped up so high, that she could see the waistband of his pants. But she said everything was "calm" if you know what I mean and I think that you do, so she watched him breath.

At curtain call, Clay was very bouncy and bubbly and gave his special salute to the fans. At the stage door, the crowd was about 4-5 rows deep and Clay was chatty and laughing and seemed to be in a great mood. Funny thing though, when I asked her what he was wearing she thought and thought and couldn't remember for sure. I guess it's that Aiken Fog. She said he was definitely dressed more casually than last night. She thinks it was a NC hoodie and the white track pants.

AustenFan at CB wrote:

Clay missing a button huh....maybe when he mentioned fans in the audience with misbuttoned shirts he was seeing a reflection of his own missed button..sloppy dressing has its benefits....

When Clay parks his 'horse' for the French Taunter scene he lifts his leg so high dismounting the animal. Oh yes....(big Clay musical theater like but NOT about musical theater evil grin). And then he ties up the horse (yeah I know...hold on ladies) and pats and caresses....

Clay tower scene got laughs at every moment. And the 'quail?' not grail scene was also a laugh at every turn. Clay's confuzzled look was priceless. The new Galahad did very well. He was great in the 'grail scene' and even found some laughs and added some adlibs that Chris Seiber didn't have. Where the 'newness' of Galahad showed I think was in the duet with Lady Of The Lake and the Guard/Tower scene. I think he and LOTL need to get used to each other and the timing. At some point LOTL was singing over Galahad who was a nice voice but not quite the power. And they didn't seem to be looking at each other so much. LOTL was looking straight out to the crowd rather than Galahad I thought.

At the guard scene the new Galahad (Brad Dean) didn't leave enough room for some laughs maybe because in rehearsal they didn't get the non-stop belly laughs, side splitting till it hurts, gut laughs. Clay added these new confused yet overly serious about is task 'faces'. At some point widening his eyes till they looked like they would roll out of his head. Yet so mock confident, "I've got it under control'. Just brilliant. Pursing his lips in seriousness.. The swaying....Chris Seiber would hold his hand out almost like he was waiting to steady Clay and be sure he was not going to get more clueless responses...and he'd keep doing holding out his hands while Clay made faces. The new actor is cutting off a bit quickly on that. He'll find the timing and more laughs as time goes on. It was still belly laugh hysterical with Clay's ever increasing hysterical 'faces'. And Patsy (David Hibbards) little, drunken smiles and waves. The new Galahad also didn't do the 'He He He' laugh when he cuts Herbert's rope with a knife and Herbert falls. That little laugh helps the audience realize the rope was cut intentionally and the father is happy about it as that's not always clear without the little laugh. That makes a difference because that sets up the scene to follow with Lancelot and it jump starts the big laughs there. The new Galahad is doing a great job but does need to settle in.

Clay was shimmying and bumpin and grinding like mad today. He changed up his Find Your Grail. Instead of the side to side shimmy he pumped his arms up in the air and did sort of a finger point. Lots of emphasis to the sky. The arm pumps were strong and confident and Clay was so into it. He did look under the girls skirt in Camelot and did a high kick while.imitating them.

Clay got squeals and big time screams and applause when he started the Bottle Dance. Since I was blocked I couldn't see the tunic flip or any of the piano moves. But his 'Oy's were oy vey amazing. And his ham it up (yes ironic for that scene) enjoyment at seeing the piano and when the scene was over when he's facing the King is wonderful. And his 'soiling' moments get huge, extended applause. Brave Sir Robin got a great reaction as well. His 'that's enough music for now lads' at that organ getting split...wow....and the mock brave face and stance he does are fantastic.

Brother Maynard got great laughs as Clay stuck his lips out and down and adusted his glasses to read that 3 was the number of the counting which of course he'd read five times already. He was raising his eyebrows and reading the silly text in a way overly important way which got a great audience response. Very animated.

The peasant was a very enthusiastic man. He ran up to the stage very quickly without help from Patsy. The King made some comment about him being really ready and the guy started to do a little 'endzone' type victory dance and the King let him know to stop. The man was having a ball. Clay did the 'missed handshake' thing. Lancelot flirted with the man as he was leaving the stage and Clay shook his head no and wagged his finger at Lancelot scolding him for his 'forwardness'.

Huge screams and a complete, full house ovation at the end. Another wonderful show.

BTW those white pants stilll don't shade things all that well...(thank you costume people). Clay put his fingers to his face, to his lips and pursed them to indicate we should sing and whistle....lots of folks stood up for Clay's bow and the screams for him were huge.

bbandit31 at CB wrote:

Recap 26 March:

This recap will not be as detailed as I was in SRO and standing next to a pillar which blocked a quarter of the stage to the right. While I was grateful to be in the house, I felt very far removed from what was happening on-stage. I could hardly see Clay's facial expression. It was all just a blur. I blame my bad eyesight partly for that too. AND only 2 hours sleep last night as I wanted to get Tuesday's SD vid out to y'all.

The exciting part of the evening happened at the stagedoor. I managed to get out quickly from my standing spot behind the theater. Still I didn't make front row of the barricade as people who had not seen the show had parked their butts throughout the front of the line. As I said in my recap yesterday, I wasn't going to take vids or pictures today as I wanted to savor the moment and drink in OMC. I waited till after he went past me and had signed my stuff, that I started the recording.

I had printed the cover of his new CD and had presented it to him to sign. He looked at it, scrunched up his face and immediately I said to him that it was a gorgeous picture. I know Mr Modest probably thinks he looked awful in that and I wanted him to know that he was most definitely thudlicious. He proceeded to sign it and realised the black sharpie ink wasn't gonna show on the dark background. He looked up at me and said something to the effect of we need to look into how we can make his autograph show. He said perhaps a silver sharpie would work and I think he mentioned for me to get it and he'll sign it again another day. I hope someone else has a vid of this as I believe my mind checked out when he spoke to me. I never expected him to say anything to me as he has never said anything to me before. I feel so stupid now that I think about it. I must have looked like an idiot to him. I think I opened my mouth to reply but no words came out. My mind said - "Information overload. Does not compute. Does not compute. Please re-enter data." Of course that was not to be. Clay had moved on and all I could do now was pick up my camera and start recording the rest of the line.

I do remember when he came out he looked stunning. Really seemed to be in a very good mood. Lookiing undeniably handsome in his carolina skyblue hoodie, his bubble black coat and grey track pants I think. I'm processing the vids now but they are not good as there was another security guard standing to Clay's right and getting in my way throughout the line. Also alot of the cast came out at the same time and that made the whole scene even more chaotic for me. Austenfan said Clay laughed hysterically at one point and I have that on the vid, but can't hear what he found so funny. Jerome was laughing too. I love it when Clay is happy. He has that twinkle in his eyes. I thiink he is enjoying the crowds and their appreciation of him. Or maybe he is glad that spring is finally coming.

Ok I know I won't get any sleep tonight as well as I will be replaying the SD incident again and again. Mind Clack so to speak. I remember looking at him. He was so very close. ....yet not really processing the image in front of me. AAARGGGHH. I wish I could turn back time and relive the moment. I might never have a chance to talk to him again. Sigh.

Vids coming soon. Watch for it.

There were some great recaps from last night. Here's one that's a little different....from eandpmommy who posted this at CV

I don't post here all that often, but I do read

I went to the show this evening and got one good stage door picture

th_spamalot1.jpg

I am bringing over a little story about my kids and their experience at the stage door tonight that I posted over on RHT

Last night-Tuesday I took my two kids to the stage door and since we got there right as the show was letting out they only got to see Clay and didn't get an autograph which they both really wanted.

Well this evening dear hubby took them to the stage door around 10:00 while I was at the show and the crowd was only one line deep so he asked two ladies who were upfront if they wouldn't mind if the kids could stand upfront and they said not a problem.

So When I came out from the show I was so excited to see their little smiling faces right up against the barricade and hubby standing tall behind him with his video camera in hand (won't be able to post video until we get back because he didn't bring the right equipment to download it to the computer.) Anyway both of the kids drew their pictures of Clay in hopes he would autograph them. Right when I got up to the kids my 8 year old daughter told me she had to go to the bathroom real bad. I asked her if she could hold it for just a few more minutes because I had just seen Jerome and had a feeling Clay would be coming out soon. She did for a little bit longer and couldn't hold it anymore. I knew once we left he would show up. We gave her picture she drew to her brother so he could have Clay sign if we weren't back in time which I knew we wouldn't be. We ran our asses off to the bathroom in the theater and ran out-and yep just like I thought Clay was already out there signing autographs and the crowd was quite big. I did my motherly thing and very politely pushed her up to the barricade so at least she could see him. The great news is he did indeed sign her picture along with her brothers. When Clay came by Hubby told Clay that they drew these pictures of him and would he mind signing them for him. He said Oh Thank You so much and signed both.

Then the coolest thing happened when Clay was saying goodbye heading back in Jerome came over to both of the kids and gave them a autograph CD of The Way/Solitaire. To see the joy in both of their faces was priceless.

So even though "P" didn't actually get to see Clay sign her picture she got to see him up close again and got his autograph which is what she really wanted. We stayed up there for a bit while the other actors came out and I got Tom Deckman and Rick Holmes autograph. All I have to say is I ADORE Tom-he by far is one of the funniest actors I have ever seen-I just love him. Anyway it was an amazing show I am horrible with recaps so I will leave that up to all the other Clay fans who write so eloquently. All I have to say is the show was soooo much more than I expected-I have never laughed that hard in my life and Clay was absolutely fabulous-never out of character and was born to be on that stage. I can't wait to see it again on Saturday.

Here are the pictures my kids drew along with Clay's autograph

Here is "p" picture.-not sure if you can see his autograph because she actually circled it but it's on the top left corner near his head

If you are wondering what the picture actually is well last night when we were at the stage door she noticed all the people with their hands in the air waving and trying to get autographs and taking pictures.

So those are cameras and camera phones she drew around his head and hands holding playbills Too funny

th_piepicture.jpg

Here is "e" drawing of Clay in his costume

th_EPicture.jpg

All I can say is it was an amazing night and the best thing about it was my little ones also got to experience the fun and joy with their dear ole mommy.

It's a night they will never forget and that brings me such happiness

Thanks for letting me share my little story-I must get to bed now

Hugs,

Lisa

LOVE THE GRIN PICTURE!!!

Glad to hear muskie and Gibby had a great time last night!

Glad to hear muski & gibby are enjoying themselves. Safe travels ldyj!

Oh my goodness - those drawings & the story that goes with them are too CUTE! :wub:

Off to grab a very large cup of coffee & then get to work.... Happy Friday Eve, everyone! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

You beat me ldyj...don't you love the drawings? (well, that photo is fantastic too :hubbahubba: ) but the kids drawings are wonderful. Sounds like everyone had a great time last night, including Clay ...muski & gibby :F_05BL17blowkiss:

this is from demeter at CV...

Watching last night's video by bbandit... I sure wish I knew what made Clay laugh so hard... bendy Clay bent all the way back with that laugh. So cute.

I also saw eandpmommy's little boy with his drawing right up front and Jerome handing them the bag as he went back in.

I saw claysbabygirl right up front. I saw the girl on her boyfriend's shoulders that was reported in one of the recaps.

I also noticed a little boy right up against the wall at the very end. Clay saw him and took his playbill and signed it. The boy was thrilled. Clay ordinarily doesn't sign anything by anyone on that end that is up against the wall. He sure has a thing for kids, doesn't he. wub.gif

I also heard an uproar when the other actors came out. I'll bet they enjoyed that.

That last part just made me smile. I know Clay fans have a reputation....hee. no, not like I did in high school...the other kind...for kind of being 'over the top' at times...but I think we know how to appreciate talent....and that cast is one talented bunch.

ldyj... That gorgeous man is just so dang gorgeous in the inside, too. That story is just so kewl! This is part of the reason we love him. He is just flat out a good man with a boatload of talent!!!

laughn... I totally agree that the Spamalot cast is top notch and nice, to boot.

*nudges 00lsee out of the way*

That smile is MINE, darn it! Hee. Glad you have a new avatar. (And I'm surprised that my avatar, from the picture discovered the other day, ISN'T Clay smiling....Hmmm....what's wrong with me?)

The March 26 Stage Door video from Austenfan (last night's show) is worth it for the 2:15-2:30 segment of the clip. I would love to know what made him laugh like that. (If anyone sees that on a different board, please post it!)

I was just reading the paper and saw that Jon Peter Lewis (remember him from AI?) is going to be singing at a local niteclub--$15. The article says that he has a CD coming out in June. A few months ago, Mandisa and George Huff gave a concert at a church in Salinas (about 20 miles from here), and as I recall the tickets were $6-8. So, I guess AI dropouts are still out there but no necessarily hitting the bigtime.

The March 26 Stage Door video from Austenfan (last night's show) is worth it for the 2:15-2:30 segment of the clip. I would love to know what made him laugh like that. (If anyone sees that on a different board, please post it!)

I read on another board that it was one of the McVargas girls who gave him something. I can't remember exactly, if I find it again I'll bring it over.

Love that smiley picture!

ETA from claysbabygurl333 at CV:

One of the McVarges gave Clay this best friends heart necklace.

Then she said it was from Tiffany's.

Clay said really?!?!

She then goes and says Nope it's from Claires

And this from DelaClay:

On bbandit's SD video from last night, the necklace is offered to Clay but he clearly doesn't take it. The girl is left holding the necklace as he moves on.

I was in NYC yesterday, but not to see Spamalot. :cry4: DD#1 and I took DD#2 to see the matinee of A Chorus Line for her 16th birthday. She's been wanting to see it for a couple of years. We took a bus up in the morning, walked up to Central Park and over to Columbus Circle, then down Broadway to have lunch at Ellen's Stardust Diner. That was lots of fun. Took in the sights in Times Square, grabbed some cheesecake to share from Junior's Bakery and ate it outside while we people watched.

A Chorus Line was playing at the Schoenfeld on 45th St. right down from Juniors and around the corner from Shubert Alley, so we took a little stroll down the alley by the Shubert...just to breathe the air. Hee!

Had to catch the bus home at 6 p.m. and it was really hard to be heading out of the city when I knew Clay would be performing in a couple of hours. But, I did finally get to see a couple of buses with the Spamalot ad on them. The other 2 days I was there, I never saw them.

Anyway, we had a great time, A Chorus Line was good (but it wasn't Spamalot), enjoyed spending time with both DDs which does not happen nearly often enough. And dd#2 and I are hoping to go back to see Spamalot on April 13 if I can find us some tickets.

oh bwah... well the laugh would be more special to me than him taking and trashing a $2 necklace from Claire's..if that is the point of the second observation. I haven't watched the video but the description sounds like he thought it was, well, funny. Or am I confused. Or are the two things not related.

Wandacleo..oh yeah I'm sure many of the idols are maintaining a living and keeping a foot in the door. Many have signed with very small record labels which don't really afford the same type of promotion access. And I'm sure they get lots of gigs - some joint AI related things where they partner up for concerts..or parts on Broadway or off broadway or touring shows. And who knows one of these days if they keep at it they might still strike it big.

oh bwah... well the laugh would be more special to me than him taking and trashing a $2 necklace from Claire's..if that is the point of the second observation. I haven't watched the video but the description sounds like he thought it was, well, funny. Or am I confused. Or are the two things not related.

Yes, they are related. The first poster said that the necklace joke was what made him laugh. Someone else wondered if Clay was accepting gifts at the stagedoor now? So that was the point of the second post, to prove he wasn't.

I don't know how much of a hope in hell I have of getting an up-close stage door experience on the final weekend, but I'm thinking of taking something other than a playbill to be signed, just in case. Maybe my LTS or a CD? Haven't decided yet. Probably a moot point anyways. :lol:

Couchie,

I have to agree with you that getting Clay to laugh had to be really special!!!

I loved watching that.

Oh, God, I can't get my rear in gear this morning. I need to be writing--not futzing around the message board.

Discipline. I need discipline.

(And a couple million dollars.)

Well, that was a pretty neat belly laugh from Clay, so I'm thinking he thought the, 'it's from Tiffany's-ONLY NOT!' exchange was funny stuff. That was my take on it also. Actually, it made me laugh too when I read what was said.

editing to add that I just read luckiest's post explaining the exchange at the SD...thanks.

...still funny stuff. I would love to be able to hand Clay something to get that kind of response...I mean besides a marriage proposal. :P

Yes, they are related. The first poster said that the necklace joke was what made him laugh. Someone else wondered if Clay was accepting gifts at the stagedoor now? So that was the point of the second post, to prove he wasn't.

Thank you Lucky...not knowing all the info I jumped to a wrong conclusion that she was being bitchy and trying to prove well he didn't take it so he hates her. What a bitch I am. heh. Oh I didn't even think about stagedoor gifts and things..so he's NOT taking stuff? I think that's for the best actually; stagedoor might be a little more chaotic.

Discipline. I need discipline.

(And a couple million dollars.)

:needclay:

sigh I read too much about Idols and not enough about the world. add to list, must grow up

George Huff said he thought everyone could make a6 figure living after appearing on Idol. Tell that to Charles. Huff is in the minstry circuit and gets paid fromthat rather than from independent touring, he also appears periodlically on the 700 club. Mandisa is also onteh Ministry circuit.

Kim Caldwell may just be on Cable television and aoccaision short stints inmovies,but she has made enough money to pay for a house in Hollywood.

Kevin Covais is still in school but does a lot of low level Idol appearances, judging local idol contests, Idol soup book signings, occaisional concert tours as the least idol or amusement park apperances.

Trenyce is in touring companies of plays.

And then you have the people who don't make it, like Corey Clark, like Rickey who is a bartender looking for a break, Julia working in her sisters salon, Jessica Sierra in rehab.

I think drive and ambition have a lot to do with success. Personal or talent weaknesses can trip up the best of them. Good management can keep a lesser talent going, like William Hung is still touring.

Thank you Lucky...not knowing all the info I jumped to a wrong conclusion that she was being bitchy and trying to prove well he didn't take it so he hates her. What a bitch I am. heh. Oh I didn't even think about stagedoor gifts and things..so he's NOT taking stuff? I think that's for the best actually; stagedoor might be a little more chaotic.

My fault for not including the connecting post! I believe that Jerome will accept gifts for Clay at the stagedoor.....cindilu2 managed to get a "Doing Clay On Broadway" pin to him that way. *g*