#28: The man's a joy magnet!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. WEEEEEEEEEE How many mods does it take to put up a new thread title...and which one do you want?

• Winning people over all the time
    • More kool-aid for me, please.
    • WHERE'S THE SMUT???!!!!!
    • ....having a verra verra good time!
    • Things are progressing!
    • Hannah is My Hero
    • Be warned. He's quite lethally cute!
    • My pocket book is groaning but I'm happy. Sigh.
    • songs chosen by Clay
    • EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!
    • he's teasing us, ya'll!
    • Put the kiddies to bed; this is gonna get good.
    • Holy mother of GUH!!!!!!!
    • I don't give a s**t what Clay chooses to sing on his CD. It's his choice. I'm happy with that.
    • Did you know GUH was not an acceptable scrabble word?
    • He sings, he dances?he drinks tap water?
    • in my mind I will cheerfully add "all the way to the bank".
    • I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? shrug.gif Thanks fer the koolaid?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Track listing! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! We found us some row G tickets for Sat. May 3rd matinee! (Now JetBlue just has to run on time so we don't miss it!)

I doubt that any of the songs listed will be "covers" meaning the definition of a song that is well known. So I'm not gonna go digging things up to listen to, I'm good to just wait until we get some sneak peeks (and hee, couchie, whatchoo got against the sneak peek lady anyways?)

The Page 6 thingie from the CH:

Take No Chances, Clay

IS Clay Aiken afraid of big bad Diane Sawyer? It's the only way to explain why he brought a hulking, 7-foot tall bodyguard to the celebrity-heavy "Spamalot" third anniversary party at Pigalle on Wednesday night, which Sawyer attended with husband Mike Nichols. "Clay stood there with the bodyguard all night," said our spy. "He stays a few feet away from him and follows him around. Apparently, Clay gets mobbed by fans, but this party was just other celebrities, so it was peculiar."

Looked like a whole lot of nothin' to me.

And let the angsting begin! :cryingwlaughter:

JMO and all that and people have to do whatever makes them happy, but all we have is an alleged track list (only somewhat cautious because of the 2nd official track list from ATDW). Names of songs. Not even songwriters. I read on one board for one of the titles there were something like 47 songs with that title listed at ASCAP! With the teeny tiny bit of information that a track list provides, some have decided that this album is pop/CCM/country or mostly CCM or mostly country and mostly ballads.

All righty then.

Me? I think I will wait until, oh, until I actually HEAR the actual songs before I start to angst (and believe me if by any remote chance it is heavily CCM, I WILL angst!)!

Seems like a lot of wasted energy. I don't have any energy to waste on something like this.

We'll know soon enough.

I for one cannot wait!

Bwah, ha, ha I just got an email from Clay Online telling me they are missing me and I should join for 3rd year. Oh well I guess the Chapstick & tote are figments of my imagination.

Bwah, ha, ha I just got an email from Clay Online telling me they are missing me and I should join for 3rd year. Oh well I guess the Chapstick & tote are figments of my imagination.

BWAH! heee

Well while I'm here on main and since nobody uses VIEW NEW POSTS because evidently only Play and I will be at Spamalot for the final show so are the only two interested in a get together ...so I'll just let ya'll know here that my mom is doing VERY well at the rehabilitation center. Amazingly so. And she's smiling and happy all the time and cares about her hair and clothes, and she had her nails done today. Like night and day! Hell she's doing so good they'll probably kick her out soon. So whatever they are doing there I'll just have to find a way to carry over at home.

To me the excitement about the new album is that it is Clay's vision. I want to see what he wants. And from what little we know it will have a variety of stuff. I'm good. But I don't know how anyone can get anything definitive off a bunch of song titles. If anyone knows anything about any of the songs..if you heard any demos or anything..can you let us know the style of the song. Thanks.

I hope it is fall, really!! Not just to give my bank account time to replenish..but Clay needs time to really push this CD and if he's on the road every night starting in July-- just think it's too fast. I'll be there either way.

CG I get where you're coming from for LAA..for me, yeah I'd prefer a new song. But I'm willing to sacrifice just a little bit for this song to be a bit more available to the masses. Because it's a pretty great song and because he wrote it. It's time he got some props for that.

CG, Couchie... I am THRILLED LAA is on the cd. As a bonus track from itunes on ATDW, it had zilch opportunity for any nominations/chances for soundtracks and got heard by very few. Now, it's gonna get heard... the fact that Clay wrote the lyrics will get noticed, and he'll get more money as a songwriter than he does as just the singer of it. All good stuff! Now, when I give the new cd to friends they will actually hear the song I LOVE and am so proud of Clay for the lyrics.

I have not been listening to any of the demos, but I have been reading the lyrics. One of the songs, and I forget which one, just breaks my heart to think it resonates with Clay. Especially partnered with LAA. It talks of him having a guard around his heart to keep out the hurt and someone will have to be really strong to break that guard. :cry4: I hope it touches him cause he's been there, done that and has found someone who broke that guard and that's why he can sing about it.

merrieeee... :cryingwlaughter: The wonderfulness of Clique just never ends!

I have seen people complaining aboutthe album again, a deffinite sin it is time for me to start avoiding boards again toavoid disagreeing with people who are talking out oftheir asses.

CGDid you not like Kyrie ? I think some CCM are subtle and you wouldn't mind. As I recall from a summer meet and greet, Clay said he would never make a CCM album. I often wonder if that is what he presented for hissophmore album and ended up doing covers. Well, I will never know, so eh.

OK, have good tickets for LdyJocelyn for Sunday night. See who ever is there, other good tickets are available.

I'm just excited to hear the new album. Period. :)

Report from tonight's show is the Eric Idle was in attendance & headed back stage afterwards.

Sending healing vibes your way, Claygary. Glad to hear your mom is doing so well, Couchie.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Just heard from LdyJ...she's on cloud nine. She got her autograph from Clay. She described his clothes but I kinda tune out at that kind of thing :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: She's extolling his everything...she's heading out to partay a bit and I'm sure they'll (Muski) will be in touch later tonight. She's going to the show again tomorrow night and both shows on Sunday. She sounds like she's having a blast! And yes she saw Eric Idle...so she was also thrilled about that.

And let the angsting begin! :cryingwlaughter:

JMO and all that and people have to do whatever makes them happy, but all we have is an alleged track list (only somewhat cautious because of the 2nd official track list from ATDW). Names of songs. Not even songwriters. I read on one board for one of the titles there were something like 47 songs with that title listed at ASCAP! With the teeny tiny bit of information that a track list provides, some have decided that this album is pop/CCM/country or mostly CCM or mostly country and mostly ballads.

All righty then.

Me? I think I will wait until, oh, until I actually HEAR the actual songs before I start to angst (and believe me if by any remote chance it is heavily CCM, I WILL angst!)!

Seems like a lot of wasted energy. I don't have any energy to waste on something like this.

We'll know soon enough.

I for one cannot wait!

Did you not like Kyrie or all about love? I think some CCM are subtle and you wouldn't mind. As I recall from a summer meet and greet, Clay said he would never make a CCM album. I often wonder if that is what he presented for hissophmore album and ended up doing covers. Well, I will never know, so eh.

OK, have good tickets for LdyJocelyn for Sunday night. See who ever is there, other good tickets are available.

Don't tempt me with good seats for Sunday night! I MUST go home after the matinee!

Never got where Kyrie was CCM. What is religious about these lyrics:

The wind blows hard against this mountain side

Across the sea into my soul

It reaches into where I cannot hide

Setting my feet upon the road

My heart is old it holds my memories

My baby burns agem like flame

Somewhere between the soul and soft machine

Is where I find myself again

*CHORUS*

Kyrie Eleison

Down the road that I must travel

Kyrie Eleison

Through the darkness of the night

Kyrie Eleison

Where I'm going will you follow

Kyrie Eleison

On a highway in the light

When I was young I thought of growing old

Of what my life would mean to me

Would I have followed down my chosen road

Or only wished what I could be

Oh...Oh...Oh

Oh...Oh...Oh

Oh...Oh...Oh

Oh...Oh...Oh

Unless you know Greek or Latin you would have no idea that "Kyrie Eliason" was used in ancient masses or has any religious connotation. Maybe I was just ignorant, but I loved that song in the 80's and until Clay never had a clue there was any religious reference in it at all The rest of the lyrics to me are not remotely religious. And I never thought of Mister Mister as a CCM group. After all, they did my beloved BW!

Never liked AAL. FOR ME the God part ruined the song.

Let's face it, if you try hard enough you can make almost any song about God. I remember the very first time I got skewered on a Clay message board was over IWCY. People were insisting the "I" was God. I never did see that. And I was called the anti-Christ and Satan for saying that! :cryingwlaughter:

I just don't want to be preached at. You all probably know how much I hated YWT! But that's just me. Hey, if I don't like the song I will just skip it. There is a song or two on all his albums I skip - even MCWL!

As long as he doesn't show up in concert in a white suit with religious symbols on the jumbotron like a cheap evangelist I will be ok.

Besides, he's just so CUTE!!!

ETA: YAY for Ldyj getting her Spam cherry popped! And I wouldn't have recognized Eric Idle if I would have been sitting next to him!

I think the one thing we know for sure is that RCA would never allow Clay to put out a solely CCM album. And he may want to. I think he will find songs that will feel the need without being obvious. And Kyrie is a great example. I will Carry You is an example of that as well I think.

I have to say I did love All About Love but didn't really appreciate it until later and it was a song I came back to over and over because I could literally feel Clay's joy when he sang it.

And yeah I had no idea what Kyrie meant either..hell, still don't. hee

EEEEEEEEEEe so I just heard from Ansa..she is back in North America and will be home Sunday morning early!!

Kyrie Eleison

Kyrie Eleison (Greek for "Lord have mercy"; the Latin transliteration supposes a pronunciation as in Modern Greek) is a very old, even pre-Christian, expression used constantly in all Christian liturgies. Arrian quotes it in the second century: "Invoking God we say Kyrie Eleison" (Diatribæ Epicteti, II, 7).

Does anyone know anything about the songwriter(s) of IWCY? Were they CCM songwriters? Because if they aren't then I think it is stretching to think the "I" is God. I will never, ever believe it.

Clay's religion is a part of who he is, but not everything he is. Every word he sings doesn't have to have a religious meaning behind it.

I am just very uncomfortable with CCM and those who try and shove their idea of Christianity down my throat and my greatest fear with being a Clay fan is that he will lose his mind and start doing that. It may be an irrational fear, but its there, nagging me in the back of my mind. If he ever puts out a really Christian album, I hope its viewed as a niche album and not a new direction in his career. My gut tells me I have nothing to worry about, but I still worry.

ETA: Hee! From the CH:

Jimmy Kimmel is advertising his 1000th episode with a lead off clip of Clay and "How do you like me now Kimmel?"

Jimmy sure has gotten mileage from that skit!

ETA yet again: I just want to say to me there is a big difference between religious and spiritual. I have known atheists who I would say were spiritual. Not sure how to describe it but one can be spiritual and not be religious IMO. If Clay did spiritual or inspirational songs that were not "Christian" I could live with that. We can all use a little inspiration or a bit of a spirit - whatever that may be - in our lives.

Does anyone know anything about the songwriter(s) of IWCY? Were they CCM songwriters? Because if they aren't then I think it is stretching to think the "I" is God. I will never, ever believe it.

Clay's religion is a part of who he is, but not everything he is. Every word he sings doesn't have to have a religious meaning behind it.

I am just very uncomfortable with CCM and those who try and shove their idea of Christianity down my throat and my greatest fear with being a Clay fan is that he will lose his mind and start doing that. It may be an irrational fear, but its there, nagging me in the back of my mind. If he ever puts out a really Christian album, I hope its viewed as a niche album and not a new direction in his career. My gut tells me I have nothing to worry about, but I still worry.

Well the thing is CG I think a song, any song can be left open to interpretation..that's the point of music I think. It doesn't thave to be god for you but if it's god for someone else it's ok. I never interpreted IWCY as a religious song but just more of a good message song. Oh I do think one day he may put out a gospel or ccm but yeah I don't think RCA will ever let Clay be a CCM artist. He's already said that. And I think it's years away if ever.

And if you start angsting over something in advance I'm gonna smack you.

<snip>

So is Patsy, especially a heavily armed Christian.

I think that while it was originally "jesus music", the term has evolved to include songs that are just "moral" or generic in their terms. I resent the "moral" road to be claimed by any one religion because it is a choice for eveyone. many of the songs called CCM can also be interpreted as just "inspirational" i.e. not about sex or cars or drugs. If you ever get exposed to AA, you will find a heavy dependence on a higher power, many interpret the power to be god, but an undefined god. I thought of it more as inner strength, that shocked many people who were members except the sole atheistsinthat group. Interpretation is an amazing thing.

BWAH! heee

Well while I'm here on main and since nobody uses VIEW NEW POSTS because evidently only Play and I will be at Spamalot for the final show so are the only two interested in a get together ...so I'll just let ya'll know here that my mom is doing VERY well at the rehabilitation center. Amazingly so. And she's smiling and happy all the time and cares about her hair and clothes, and she had her nails done today. Like night and day! Hell she's doing so good they'll probably kick her out soon. So whatever they are doing there I'll just have to find a way to carry over at home.

To me the excitement about the new album is that it is Clay's vision. I want to see what he wants. And from what little we know it will have a variety of stuff. I'm good. But I don't know how anyone can get anything definitive off a bunch of song titles. If anyone knows anything about any of the songs..if you heard any demos or anything..can you let us know the style of the song. Thanks.

Wait, I'm going too. Did playbiller give away my ticket? :cry4: Just kidding, she did good getting those tickets. Now Mr. Fear wants to go with us. I told him he has to doggysit Hollie.

Hi, ya'll. I'm back for my fix.

CG, I googled and IWCY was written by Jess Cates and the group he works with -- and Eman is one of his frequently co-writers. I was under the impression that Clay didn't pick the MOAM songs anyway. So from what I see Cates writes CCM/Gospel but not exclusively -- he has written for lots of the Idol albums (e.g., Bo and Taylor) and also LeAnn Rimes and Backstreet Boys.

I'll take the word of my FCA buddies that there's angsting going on over the song titles -- and that CMSU! Actually, if I were making assumptions by titles, I would guess that Ashes would be a slow ballad, but we know differently. There's just no way to tell except for the snips/demos. I'm happy for Clay that LAA is on the album. There will be credits with Clay's name on the CD -- and more royalties for him. Question, what is AAL? I don't think I've heard of it.

Back to Spamalot. I had suggested to my sister that she try for an autograph because Tuesdays would be the best opportunity at SD. She told me today that when she turned the corner after the show there were HUNDREDS of people waiting. Must be a Spring Break thing, huh?

Thanks so much for the kool-aid -- the grape hit the spot, jmh! And Kareneh, you knew the only beer I ever drink is ice-cold Corona because??? .... uh, you're psychic in addition to being a brilliant photographer? What a talent! Girlfriend, are you leaving NY on the 25th just as the posse is arriving? WTF?

Sis took Daddy home this afternoon and I stayed on with Mother, who will likely be there several more days. After four days of hanging at Methodist Hospital I want to proclaim to the heavens that everyone I've come in contact with has been extraordinarily warm, kind and helpful, with the most loving consideration for both my parents. Dealing with these wonderful dedicated health care professionals has been a silver lining in this whole experience. I don't throw the word blessing around cheaply -- these people have been a blessing to my family.

Ciao for now, oh chosen ones of the FCA. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Man, I just sold the ticket K1 last night. But I still have the balcony one, if Mr Fear's knees work, heh. Don't expect me to go back up there! Not when I get to breathe the rarefied air up front after haunting the ticket threads so much.

I amdone. I will not buy any toehr tickets, that is it! I am dragging LdyJocelyn into the paying too much for tickets as well. Originally we were going to just do SRO.

Edit, easter is over, I have toedit my avatar, when is the next holiday?

Edit, easter is over, I have toedit my avatar, when is the next holiday?

April Fool's Day?

Kf, I hope both your parents are well soon. I'm glad your dad is out of the hospital and that your mom will be soon. Remember to take care of yourself while taking care of others.

And thanks for looking up the songwriters for IWCY. I get so confused as to who or when someone is considered CCM anyway. Just don't preach at me (like YWT did) and I will be fine.

AAL = All About Love. It was a SCC song that Clay sang during the IT. I'm sure there is clack of it somewhere. Never liked the song but Clay sure did seem to have fun singing it.

ETA: Couchie, he sang it during the NAT too? The whole tour? You mean I sat through AAL AND YWT in one concert????? Damn, he must have been awfully CUTE to make me do that!

Just spoke to muski. She and Mr. Muski and Gibby and Mr. Gibby are at a bar having a drink (although I see Gibby down below.... How did she do that???).

Guess what? They loved Spamalot! Muski said that Clay Aiken guy was pretty darn good. She also said when he fell down as the drunken card, his tunic flew up and they had a lovely view! :hubbahubba:

The house was either sold-out or darn near close to it. It was hard to hear, but suffice it to say they had and were having a verra verra good time!

Thanks for posting that we were having a great time, CG! You're absolutely right - we all loved Spamalot. Heee - I was skimming FCA a bit from the bar with my pocket pc, which is why my name showed up at the bottom of the forum while I was there.

Okay, here's what I thought of Spamalot - it's a fantastic show! I was there on the 26th and the 27th. The show is extremely funny, every member of the cast is excellent, and the staging is really good. The new Sir Galahad is verra, verra easy on the eyes, and it's so fun to watch him flick his hair around when he's showing off how good-looking he is! I ADORE the LOTL's voice - wow, it is fantastic! I like the King's voice, but it seems that he plays his part in a bit of a perfunctory manner; I'd like to see a bit more enthusiasm from him. Both Lancelot and Sir Herbert are fantastic. I met them at the stage door and was able to tell them so! The dancers, chorus and pit orchestra were good, and I enjoyed the sets.

Oh, yes, that Clay guy! I almost forgot! Heeeee. He was excellent. Wow, he really can dance! I was quite impressed with the vast improvement in his dancing. My only complaint about his part is that it doesn't have enough singing! He sang a few notes here and there, which only made me want more, because I love his voice so much! And there were a few times where I thought he might be over-acting just a tad. Otherwise, I think he's doing an marvelous job in all of his roles. He has really learned to convey a lot about his character with hysterical facial expressions. Other than the lack of singing for his part, I think this role and this musical are excellent for his Broadway debut.

On the 26th I sat in Row B, and was soooooo excited as the show was starting! It was wonderful to be so close because I was able to see Clay's every expression and hear his voice clearly from the stage just before hearing it over the sound system. In the guard scene Clay seems to fall dead in such a way that his tunic flips way up. Yummm, that provided a nice view!!! :) And wow, the bottle scene from that perspective is amazing! There were several Clay fans that hooted and whooped every time he came on stage. That was fun! Clay got the most applause at the end. So many people went out to the stage door that there was no way I could get close enough for an autograph. I enjoyed watching Clay anyway, and the belly laugh was fun to see in person!

On the 27th I sat in the mezzanine, and it was great to see the show from a different perspective. When I was in Row B, I mostly concentrated on Clay, but from a bit further away I could watch the whole show a little more easily. From that perspective I was able to see how well Clay fits in with the rest of the cast. There were lots of kids on spring break at the show, and it really wasn't a Clay crowd. It was funny to hear them gasp whenever someone said "shit" or other swear words, and their reactions to the French taunter was hilarious! Lots of gasps, OMGs and giggles. Though the audience wasn't there necessarily for Clay, they were still quite appreciative of him. There was lots of applause after Clay's "idol of my age line," and he got lots of applause at the end of the show.

I practically ran down the stairs at the end of the show to get to the stage door, and was rewarded by being in the first row, all of the way over on the left. Clay came out very quickly, and signed my playbill first because of where I was standing. Happy day!!! The crowd was much smaller than the night before, probably because the kids at the show had to meet up with their transportation. Clay was very quick with the autographs, and was back in the theatre after only a few minutes.

My hubby went to the show with me both nights, and enjoyed it a great deal! He's a Monty Python fan, so of course he enjoyed the humor. His impression was that Clay's acting is 'on par' with everyone else on stage. He really enjoyed Clay's big number, the French taunter, and, of course, the LOTL! :)

Hubby and I had so much fun hanging out with Muski and Mr. Muski! We went to Roxy's for before the show on the 26th, and had great food and good service. We went out for drinks afterwards, and then the next day hung out at an art museum for awhile. Both Muskis are agreat conversationalist and lots of fun to hang out with!

Hubby and I also had a great time in New York. Wow, looking through my pictures now I'm realizing that we did a ton of things while we were there! I'll post a few of my pictures once I have a chance to get them in an album. I have a few stage door pictures that I'll post later, too!

BTW, I bought some killer rabbit slippers, just for the fun of it! They're very silly but extremely comfortable. Heee, it was interesting trying to fit those big fluffy things into my suitcase before our flight home!