#28: The man's a joy magnet!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. WEEEEEEEEEE How many mods does it take to put up a new thread title...and which one do you want?

• Winning people over all the time
    • More kool-aid for me, please.
    • WHERE'S THE SMUT???!!!!!
    • ....having a verra verra good time!
    • Things are progressing!
    • Hannah is My Hero
    • Be warned. He's quite lethally cute!
    • My pocket book is groaning but I'm happy. Sigh.
    • songs chosen by Clay
    • EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!
    • he's teasing us, ya'll!
    • Put the kiddies to bed; this is gonna get good.
    • Holy mother of GUH!!!!!!!
    • I don't give a s**t what Clay chooses to sing on his CD. It's his choice. I'm happy with that.
    • Did you know GUH was not an acceptable scrabble word?
    • He sings, he dances?he drinks tap water?
    • in my mind I will cheerfully add "all the way to the bank".
    • I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? shrug.gif Thanks fer the koolaid?

This is my first post here and it is to give a huge THANK YOU to DesertRose (hope I got that right) for her kindness at the stage door on Tuesday night 3-18. Clay sort of passed by my daughter Chris as she was seated in her wheelchair and the playbills came sailing over her head. DesertRose gently called Clay's attention to Chris and he very sweetly spoke to her and made sure we had gotten his autograph (We had brought Learning to Sing for the occasion).

It was terribly sweet of her to do this for a total stranger, to take the risk of tugging on the Aiken in a way he might not have liked, but it went beutifully, so I came here to let you all know - she rocks!!.

But you probably already knew that.

ETA Desertflower!!! Damn! I knew I'd get that wrong.

Blame Clay,

Hi IU Gal,

You got it right the first time it is Desertrose. I saw that Clay could not see your beautiful daughter since some rude people were reaching over her and sticking their cameras and playbills right in Clay's face. I could tell that they were keeping him from looking down, so I just decided to ask him to look down so that he would not miss her. I am sure that he appreciated my heads up since he was very attentive to your beautiful daughter. You are very welcome.

Hi IU Gal,

You got it right the first time it is Desertrose. I saw that Clay could not see your beautiful daughter since some rude people were reaching over her and sticking their cameras and playbills right in Clay's face. I could tell that they were keeping him from looking down, so I just decided to ask him to look down so that he would not miss her. I am sure that he appreciated my heads up since he was very attentive to your beautiful daughter. You are very welcome.

:cry4: Awe!! That was so niiiice. Ok you guys, HUGS all around!!

She then proceeded to say she met that Clay Aiken guy who was playing Sir Robin and how talented he was. She said he has a big, warm and engaging personality and she can see why he has been so successful. She also happened to mention that Tyra Banks was backstage looking beautiful.

:hubbahubba: Because smut must follow schmultz!

No?

Thanks ysrn, for fixing my quote.

I can't figure out how to do quotes. DUH I do not post much, just lurk. I appreciate the help.

Yer welcome. If the magic coder thingy doesn't work, just post [ quote ] in front of your quote and [ /quote ] behind it (without the spaces). ~ ysrn

Now THIS is cool!

From ReMiss Mona at the CH:

My boyfriend's sister has done some theater and is pretty connected into the theater world. (She lives in a rent controlled apt. through SAG - it's nice!). Anyway, we were talking theater and before I could say anything she mentions that she had just gone to see Spamalot recently. She went backstage because one of her friends is good friends w/ the star of the show. I wonder who that would be? She said he was the guy who makes up all the adlibs. She then proceeded to say she met that Clay Aiken guy who was playing Sir Robin and how talented he was. She said he has a big, warm and engaging personality and she can see why he has been so successful. She also happened to mention that Tyra Banks was backstage looking beautiful.

The fun part of this little exchange is that she had no idea that I even knew who Clay Aiken was and proceeded to discuss with me how difficult it would be to step into a role like that coming from his background and how impressive it was. So. That was fun.

Now that is great to read!!!

CG.... thanks for bring that over... it made me grin from ear to ear!

This is what happens so often. Clay is recognized as the talented, tremendous person he is by professionals he works with but the general public, not so much. I figure that one of these days all this respect from those that count in his field is going to finally translate into a project that is going to get him the public respect he deserves. And, I believe that will happen thru tv or film. JMHO!

Lawdy! I went in to work today, intending to be there for about three hours. I got there at 8:45 am and didn't leave until 4:20 pm. Pissed me off.

But it's over. And I finished 98% of the things I was supposed to deliver after my dressing down last December. So we'll see.

Meanwhile...did I happen to mention yet that I'm going to NYC tomorrow? :whistling-1: Yep...shore am...gonna meet up with Mr.Muski and then meet up with Gibby and Mr. Gibby and then, if we can't find anything else to do, we might catch that silly show I've heard about. They say that American Idol kid is in there. Oh well, how bad can it be, right? :rolleyes:

:DoClay: :kiss: :sleezy::lipstick: :Boss:

Good Morning Everyone,

40 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

42 Days until "On My Way Here" is here!

97 Days until The Summer of Clay!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I remember back in the day when people said Clay's eyebrows looked like catepillars; they thought he needed to tame them down. I file that under the "can't win dept". LOL!!!! I'm loving all the excitement about the picture. Who was it that said????? Looking Good!!! I remember--- EEEWWWW! Today is Tues. and I hope BF is healing nicely.

I don't know if "can't win" is what I would call it. It's Clay! There will always be 20,000 opinions about everything he does, is, says etc. I'm trying to think of one thing where we were all in unison about anything.... Spamalot being a great career move might be one of the first. There may be one or two other things in the past 5 years -- can't think of what they are at the moment. Anyone? Anyway, I love that diversity about the fan base. I would say snowflake hair was one of those consensus things but then we do have merrieeeee pouring cold water on that one :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Just got home from ER... and one good thing came out of this I saw Lawerence Fishburne on Craig Ferguson show and he's bringing a one man show about Thurgood Marshall to Broadway. Opening set for April 30th... Yay..I was interested in something dramatic..and being the history buff that I am this is all the better.

Going to bed.

couchie, you spent the night in the ER again? {{{hugs}}}

muski, heh, we could ship you some of OUR weather if you like. Pretty much a "wintry mix" all week (means snow, rain, ice). UGH.

Hope Clay had a good and restful Monday and is raring to go tonight!

So what the hell is up with the weather forecast for NYC? Showers through Sunday?

WTF?

I mean, look at THIS!

Rain, Rain, Go Away....

:cry4:

Its supposed to be nice Sunday when you meet up with meeeeeeee! :D

Actually, I just watched the NY weather on my satellite and tomorrow looks nice and part of Thursday, so it could be worse. (I'm trying to look at the bright side of life!)

You and the Gibbys have a ball!!! I just wish Gibby was going to be around until Sunday too!

{{{Couchie}}}

I hate going to work. I really, really, really hate it.

Greetings from NY! I'm sitting in a Starbucks with my hubby, posting from my pocket pc.

Muski, I hope your flight today is as smooth as mine was last night. The weather is sunny today; no sign of rain yet.

Treenuts, hubby and I are flying home Friday evening, so I might miss you. Crap!

Couchie, were you in the ER withyour Mom?

Gibby, muski, ldyj, treenuts,, and all other FCAers who are there this week...have tons of fun (!!!*$!!$!!), but remember when you go to leave the light on so I'll be able to find my way there...and please leave some dry towels too, k?

Just sitting here waiting for my taxi. Walked the dog. Packed more clothes than I need. Just turtlenecks, tank tops for layering, jeans, my BAF sweatshirt! :clap: , another pair of sneakers. I have to take a pair of nicer shoes, too, since Im going on to NC for a business trip on the way home. Just talked to hubby. He'll be getting on the train soon to NYC...I won't get there until the evening. Should be interesting finding my way via public transportation from JFK... :blink:

Hey, Gibby! Since you guys are there earlier than we are, it's your job to find a not-expensive place for the four of us to get together for chow and drinks before/after the show Wednesday! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Eyebrows? Clay? Glad he's got some. Would like to make them move with my breath.

Oh, I talked with hubby this morning and when I told him that the weather called for rain the whole time we're there, he did an 'Oh, MAN!' lamentation and then he said, 'Well, you and me in the rain in NYC is still the best, you know?"

:wub:

Hubby has eyebrows, too. :whistling-1:

Later, peeps! I don't think my hotel has internet...but if I hook up with Gibby (I have your cell number), she can say hi to you from me via her fancy equipment....heh.

Later, peeps! I don't think my hotel has internet...but if I hook up with Gibby (I have your cell number), she can say hi to you from me via her fancy equipment....heh.

Bryant perk has free wireles, as does the library if you want to sit indoors. That is not too far away from most hotels in the city.

blows kisses toward the Land Down Under...

They have good stuff in Australia, yo!

I get to see my boyfriend again in a month, then a couple of weeks after that he'll give me some music, then a couple of months after that, he'll give me a tour...

It's obvious - he just loves me to death!

Eyebrows? Clay? Glad he's got some. Would like to make them move with my breath.

Oh, I talked with hubby this morning and when I told him that the weather called for rain the whole time we're there, he did an 'Oh, MAN!' lamentation and then he said, 'Well, you and me in the rain in NYC is still the best, you know?"

:wub:

Hubby has eyebrows, too. :whistling-1:

Now, all that eyebrow talk really made me smile. Thanks :)

You also reminded me that I really don't know what kind of clothes to pack yet....sweaters, coats, boots, long sleeve, short sleeve...??? *looks outside at snow cover and goes back to thinking* I guess I'll wait till my time is a little closer.

Now...for some new CD talk...

The Insider just picked up the new CD promo and posted it along with an old AMA pic, but I still like that look.

ET picked it up woth All is Well photo - this is where I wonder if the contantly changing looks isa negative impact on Clayh's sales - like people don't recognize him. I understand wanting to get rid of the overprocessed Ai hair, if he didn't want to go bald, The bangs were cute, but killer for the summer concerts - hope some hair ticks some day.

I'm up! YAY. OK my mom fell last night so we were more or less parked in a hallway in ER for 3 hours and then a room for 4 hours while they made sure her back, neck and head were ok. Then they decided after keeping me up all night, that they'll keep her for 24 observation. All tests were negative. I was prepared this time so wasn't bored staring at the walls. Had my laptop and played Scrabble! Plus hallway held some interest for me as there was this one patient that kept screaming FUCK! SHIT! FUCK! It was slightly comical. He wasn't really communicating what was wrong with him..then he had a moment of clairty by saying...why did you bring me here if you aren't going to help me. I think everybody in the hallway said..yeah that! Then he started screaming something about giving someone a mix tape.

Off to work!!

eeeeeeeeeeeeee yay for Gibby, Treenuts, Muski..and everybody else going to see Clay!!

ET picked it up woth All is Well photo - this is where I wonder if the contantly changing looks isa negative impact on Clayh's sales - like people don't recognize him. I understand wanting to get rid of the overprocessed Ai hair, if he didn't want to go bald, The bangs were cute, but killer for the summer concerts - hope some hair ticks some day.

You know play, I've wondered how the different looks would influence Clay as well, but then when I see Brad Pitt, he looks different constantly. of course that's probably comparing apples and oranges since Brad does not have a singing career. Don't know.

I do think Clay really has his favorite style of hair right now. If you look at that old AMA shot (and yes, even some of the Snowflake shots) and compare them to now, the color is different, but the style and length is pretty much the same. I remember him saying that he hated the bangs in his eyes, but I think he likes the length. I think sometimes he goes too long between trims and the length gets away from him...like in the Snowflake shots...but I think what we're seeing now is 'him.'

eta...well that was a whole lot of talking just to say I think Clay likes his hair, wasn't it? I'm going to get another cup of coffee.