#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

Love Clay on that Idol clip...its nice to see the contrast with Tamyra cos it looks like Clay was truly treated like a star on his show...love the marquis shot and the bus shot.

my wonderful son offered to pay the $300 so I could have my picture taken with him. I declined since I know how much he had already spent,

Aw, man...txflwrgrl..this makes me schmoopie. I don't know how old your son is, but I know that whenever either of my young daughters offer to 'buy' something for me with their money, I wanna :cry4: .. Sounds like you guys had a great mother/son evening! :clap:

I never thought I'd ever be SOOOOO excited about watching an American Idol show, other than during Season 2. :imgtongue:

Seeingthe shpow with someone special makes it even bettter,txflwrgrl. FYI, Playbill.com has playbill frames on sale right now.

I ran into a snag mailing out playbills - aparently you cannot insure a letter, they would not let me send it as a package because it was the shape of a letter, I have to repackage it to make it thicker,then I can buy insurance, although I may just mail it priority to get it covered that way.

And my printer is still not working, mysecond printer is out of ink, some times beautiful days don't make up for problems. IthinkI will move my couch downstairs.

Seeingthe shpow with someone special makes it even bettter,txflwrgrl.

This is very true. My mom & I had the time of our lives on our trip. I'm glad you got to share it with your son, txflwrgrl.

Bless gershwip's heart!

From gerwhisp at CB:

full segment

http://www.sendspace.com/file/iyx4ih

this is the part that starts with Clay

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pcxhnl

Thank you! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA: I'm not Playbiller, but here's the link, Iseeme: Playbill Collector's Display Frame

Hopefully - someone on the West Coast will be capping that part of American Idol tonight???????

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!!111/1/1/1/1/1!!?!?!?!!?!?!?

HOW COOL WAS THAT!?!?!?!?!/1?!?!?!/!/1/1?!1?1//!!?

ETA.............THANK YOU GERWHISP!! and annabear!!!!

REQUEST!!!!

Would some talented wallpaper maker PLEASE make a lovely widescreen wallpaper of the banner picture - without any writing????

PLEASE?????????

I am IN LOVE with that picture!!!!!!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

GAH, chach, you are KILLING me with those WPs! :hubbahubba:

I can't wait to get home from work and save them to my laptop. The only probem is - which one will I use as my WP first? Or should I use a program to rotate them every 20 or 30 seconds? Can't change them more often than that - I need tiiiime to stare at and droooool over each one.

how do you program it to change every 20 seconds??? Inquiring minds what to know!!

chach - you can use a program like Wallmaster Pro, which changes the images automatically. That way you don't have to choose which of the deeeliiiiciiious WPs to have on your screen!

Heeeeee, CG, you're in love with that banner pic? Does that mean you've forgiven Clay for his blond hair? :cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks Annabear......

I'm so tempted to download the AI segment but it hasn't come on here in the West Coast yet. I must show some restraint somewhere, right? :cryingwlaughter:

Ditto on the request for the wallpaper. That is ONE gorgeous picture!!!!

Heeeeee, CG, you're in love with that banner pic? Does that mean you've forgiven Clay for his blond hair? :cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hee! Notice the hair is mostly in the shadows.....

Its just completely and utterly Gah-worthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm crashing fast....too much adrenaline earlier tonight, so now I'm hitting a wall. Just wanted to pop in to say that I'm happy to see txflwrgirl and that she has a really great son. Glad you had a great time this past weekend!

"Tritto" on the request! Please? :praying:

I was able to make my own avie, but I have no idea how to make it a widescreen wallpaper....

"Tritto" on the request! Please? :praying:

I was able to make my own avie, but I have no idea how to make it a widescreen wallpaper....

Well - I can try.... but it's not a very big picture and it'll take a lot of finagling (i.e. phoyochopping) to take the writing out.

Give me a little time - would you accept it WITH the writing???

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Please tell me the actual pixel dimensions of your monitors. :D

Please tell me the actual pixel dimensions of your monitors. :D

I'd be happy to, if you'll translate that question into English. :unsure::cryingwlaughter: Where would I find that info? :blink:

is it Wide Screen? or regular??

here's the best I could do so far.

OMWHsunset-WS.jpg

this one is slightly different and bigger.........

hmmmmmmmmm - it was supposed to be bigger! I have to replace that.........

OK - here the second one:

OMWH-sunset-WSs.jpg

O/T I really thought that Ryan Seacrest could not fall lower, but it turns out he is the producer of the Denise Richards reality show, where she will feature her children.

Ugh to all famewhores, is alimony not enough for her?

O/T I really thought that Ryan Seacrest could not fall lower, but it turns out he is the producer of the Denise Richards reality show, where she will feature her children.

Ugh to all famewhores, is alimony not enough for her?

I had no idea who Denise Richards was, so I Googled her name and BOY, I see what you mean! I didn't know she was married to Charlie Sheen .... and by coincidence, just as I was Googling her, I had Two and a Half Men on TV in the background - it has a prime TV slot here in Oz - 7pm weeknights. Charlie's brother Emilio was married to Pawler. LOL how incestious it is in showbiz!!

Last night's Spam report, from CV:

talking to BJ on the phone:

Pictures were $250.00 ...It was just Clay tonight

very cute moment Jerome came out and gave some kids autographed programs they were thrilled...

Also tonight Clay was dancing on the dice tonight and not Hannah...

during the finale David, Clay and Brad were doing an Ompaloompah dance...very choreographed b/c Clay would go down and David and Brad would be up and then vice versa...very cute and very funny...

there were some other differences, but she can't remember now, she will fill us in when she gets home ...

And a bunch of great media mentions, including some interviews:

Movers & Shakers on Amazon:

20. 100% Sales Rank in Music: 16 (was 32)

On My Way Here

~ Clay Aiken (Artist)

Release Date: May 6, 2008

Available for Pre-order

List Price: $18.97

Price: $9.99

At Amazon.ca it's now #10 in music and #4 in pop!

Theatre Mania.com

Photo File

Scroll down

Clay Aiken, Tyra Banks, Jonathan Groff, Norm Lewis, Lynn Redgrave, Anthony Rapp, Daphne Rubin-Vega, Stew, Aaron Tveit, and Lillias White are among the stars making the scene this week.

<snip>

Finally, Spamalot star Clay Aiken will make a special appearance the 500th episode of old friend Tyra Banks' talk show, which is set to air on April 30.

They used the Clay and Tyra hugging picture.

EATA

Washington Post.com

Six Questions For ... Clay Aiken

The 2003 "American Idol" also-ran/author/Broadway star/etc. has a new album coming out on May 6. It's called "On My Way Here." It's also the name of Aiken's new single. The singer called during a visit to his hometown of Raleigh, N.C.

In your new single, you sing that your "address has changed almost every year." Why don't you settle down and anchor yourself somewhere? Or is that lyric just a metaphor?

I didn't write the song, so I have to interpret it metaphorically. I have moved a lot - L.A., back to Raleigh, New York - but it's more about changing scenery, changing things in your life and trying to grow personally and professionally.

So it's not that you keep moving because you're afraid that your loony fans might bother you at home?

(Laughs.) No, no, they found me already. They know where I live. You can't beat 'em.

Seriously, though: Some of your fans seem kinda crazy. Do any of them freak you out?

There are very few who do. Most of them are just enthusiastic. I'd say maybe less than a half-percent of them are just woah! But then again, I probably scare some people, too. (Laughs.)

You've been playing Sir Robin in "Monty Python's Spamalot." How does the theater stage compare to the concert stage?

When I'm on stage in concert, it's usually my show and I can do what I want to do. I can't do that in "Spamalot." You have to stick to the script. You have to stand in the right place. But the biggest challenge for me was really having the fourth wall and not being permitted to break it down. We break it and respond to the audience and acknowledge their presence once or twice in the show, but not consistently. It's strange. When I'm in concert, I talk to the audience a lot, I make eye contact with people, and you can't do that here.

When you read for the show and had to show off a British accent, did you just channel Simon Cowell?

Everyone with the show is British, and many of the people I work with are British, like my manager. So [he slips into a British accent] actually, I just talk like him. I didn't have much trouble at all, do you know what I mean?

Do you still watch "American Idol"?

I have not watched in three years now, since I saw Carrie Underwood win. I've been so busy, but the show is also a little different now. When Kelly was on, when Ruben and Fantasia and I were on, it was kids next door who didn't have a chance to get a contract. Maybe Kelly would have, but Ruben and I were kind of outcast-y. I was a special-ed teacher. Ruben sang in clubs in Birmingham. Kim Locke was a lawyer. Fantasia sang in church. It was more organic, I guess. Now, my understanding is that a lot of them are coming up from having contracts already. They're pretty successful people already. And hey, if you have the talent - do it. Great. But I think one of the special things about the show was that it gave a chance to people who wouldn't have had one. It's different now.

From Clay Aiken, the Same Old Refrain

It's been two months since we blew the lid off the simmering Clay Aiken scandal, revealing that the most successful "American Idol" runner-up ever has skipped all but one of the quarterly meetings of the Presidential Committee for People With Intellectual Disabilities since he was appointed in fall 2006. Much scorn was heaped upon our story by the fanatical Claymates community -- but silence from the crooner and his reps.

So we asked our colleague J. Freedom du Lac to confront Aiken during a scheduled Q&A for the Post Rock music blog. Aiken explained he's just so busy :"The last time I had two days off in a row was October. I was on tour throughout the country through Christmas, then I went straight to Mexico for UNICEF. [Then] I went straight to New York for 'Spamalot' . . ." Okay, gotcha. He added that "if there's something I can do remotely, I would've been happy to do it." Well, guess no one told him about the conference-call option.

Aiken also told du Lac that "Idol" has lost its charm, with fewer finalists that possess the oddball "kids next door" quality of Ruben Studdard, Fantasia and himself. "Now, my understanding is that a lot of them are coming up from having contracts already," he said. "It's different now."