#31: The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title Poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man with the titanium balls - and the voice to back them up!
    • OMG, chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills
    • They are seeing what WE see ? a brilliant, intelligent, and genuinely funny and lovely man.
    • Clay Aiken, I love your mad talented, tender-hearted, freakin' Broadway star, soul!
    • I'm totally jonesing for Clay Aiken's voice right now. God! I need to be sedated.
    • I could listen to that Raleigh son rattle on all day long. He makes me smile.
    • The whole damn thing was perfect!

iTunes hates me! :angry:

Listened to the bonus track first, and I concur with jmh -- definite gospel vibe. Love it.

OK, off to listen to the rest of it....in order. With lyrics in hand.

Love bonus track!!!

and Big thank you to KAndre for the lyrics in our lyrics thread...and all the others that added the lyrics too. I am now symcing my ipod with the lyrics...want to read it as I listen

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Listening to LAA now. I remember being up at midnight before listening to it - and loving it.

After listening to all the other songs on the album, guess what? This one is the best. IMO it has the best production - simple, vocals not overpowered by anything. And the lyrics? Best on the album. And Clay's delivery? Best on the album - lyrical interpretation at its best. Guess it helps when you wrote them!

Clay needs to get rid of that "I'm not a song writer" bit and just let his hand record what his heart feels.

OMG - how gorgeous is this!!??!!?!?!?!?!

The download is fantastic - much more depth musically with the proper speakers etc.

Had to take a picture of this billboard today on Broadway....... (I have more goodies coming too) :D

omfg.jpg

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! My iTunes email FINALLY came through at 12:03 AM!

*Very happy, heartfelt sigh*

:)

I am loving the bonus track!

Surpised me to be sure, but this is a Bic lighter song if there ever was one (ok, I'm really dating myeself....)

Which means I am done listening.

I kind of wish I had waited for tomorrow because I think I am just too tired to appreciate it. My general first impression is very favorable, although I am not getting the Ashes love. My favorites after a very tired first listen - LAA, the SAU and SL and the bonus song! My biggest complaint is too many times I am fighting to hear Clay's voice above the instrumentation. Why does every pop type producer do that? There were a couple of songs I would KILL to hear acoustically but I would have to tell you after I listen again which ones because I can't remember! What is a shame IMO is the last half of the album is much stronger than the first half, which may mean some may start to listen and not listen the whole way through.

But when I am more awake tomorrow, I may think differently. Tomorrow after work I am going to sit down with a glass of wine and Clay and listen again like it was the first time.

Finally read a review where the reviewer is listening to the same CD I am...

http://media.www.udreview.com/media/storag...d-3364895.shtml

On My Way Here

Clay Aiken

RCA Records

Rating: 4 stars (out of 5)

In his fourth studio release, titled On My Way Here, Clay Aiken continues to impress listeners with a soothing voice, sweet lyrics and overall solid songs. Albums like this make it clear why the former runner-up of American Idol is still putting out records - he's talented.

Aiken's first single off the album, title track "On My Way Here," is somewhat autobiographical about growing up and learning from the past. Written by OneRepublic frontman Ryan Tedder, the song is a great way to promote and start an album.

"Where I Draw The Line" is clearly the best track off the album although each one is worth more than one listen. "The Real Me," written by Natalie Grant but sung by Aiken, also adds to the album as a whole.

On My Way Here is filled with easy-listening songs. Whether you're a Claymate or not, his newest effort is definitely worth a listen.

Kandre says to tell everyone to get a decent set of speakers!

Being sober helps too!

You can get a decent pair of Sony headphones for 50 bucks at Best Buy.

Does anyone have a Spork?

I'm stuck on WIDTL. There's just something about us it.

Love bonus track!!!

and Big thank you to KAndre for the lyrics in our lyrics thread...and all the others that added the lyrics too. I am now symcing my ipod with the lyrics...want to read it as I listen

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Being sober helps too!

Solo says a good whack upside the head would probably solve all hearing issues!

Being sober helps too!

Solo says a good whack upside the head would probably solve all hearing issues!

Perusing One says she didn't know CD release parties were this much fun......and they sound good too!

*hands out cigarettes*

Was it good for ya'll? It was for me. I'm glad I waited -- delayed gratification is sometimes the best, you know.

My favorite, sonically, is WOTW. I totally agree with kf from few days ago when she said she got a U2 vibe from it. I certainly could hear Bono singing that song instead of Clay....but I'm thrilled that Clay is doing it. My second choice sonically is SAU. I love that "smoky bar" quality to it. I feel like I should have a martini in my hand when I'm listening to that song.

Lyrically? The song that made me cry was GOG, especially that last little section. Just when you think you're having a bad day -- reality hits and you see that life is pretty damn good. Been there, many times. I can see where Clay could totally identify with that one too.

And I simply love the bonus track. CG, I hear ya on the "bic lighter" moments in that one. I love the gospel flavoring for that one.

I get the Ashes love (very catchy, very astute lyrics) but the don't get the Falling love. To me, that's the weakest track on the album. *shrug*

All in all though, I think this is one gorgeous album, and I'm so incredibly proud of Clay. He's put together something very fantastic, and it's HIM. IMO, I can't go wrong with that.

OK, time to listen again, and then go to bed.

Gratefully accepts a cigarette from ldyjocelyn. What the hey, I've gone 45 years without smoking, might as well start now.

You know that saying, "Clay is my Elvis"?

You know my license plate, CLZMYLVS?

Everything I Don't Need personifies that. OMFG. I think I have died and gone to heaven. This in concert is going to kill the whole crowd.

I FLOVE this album. We have been having a listening party here, me and my daughter crimsonice and her buddy disneykid. They FLOVE this album. They are ecstatic, and so am I. This exceeds my expectations. I am in awe of what Clay, Jaymes & Kipper have done. It is amazing. It is awesome!

I am not sure I will get much sleep tonight. ;)

My only complaint? That the lyrics pages are not included in the iTunes download. :cryingwlaughter: