#31: The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title Poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man with the titanium balls - and the voice to back them up!
    • OMG, chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills
    • They are seeing what WE see ? a brilliant, intelligent, and genuinely funny and lovely man.
    • Clay Aiken, I love your mad talented, tender-hearted, freakin' Broadway star, soul!
    • I'm totally jonesing for Clay Aiken's voice right now. God! I need to be sedated.
    • I could listen to that Raleigh son rattle on all day long. He makes me smile.
    • The whole damn thing was perfect!

I'd like to be just like Clay Aiken when I grow up.

I loved and appreciated his blog, but feel sad that he felt he had to do it. Right now, less than 48 hours from the drop date of his new cd, when he and we should be celebrating, he has to deal with his own disappointment in the sales numbers and address fans who think they know so much more about his job than he does. I believe he handled it with class and lots of titanium.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Muah, Clay!

It's been hard reading all the negativity about the CD sales numbers. This morning, I was feeling very happy about the CD, had enjoyed seeing Clay on GMA even tho' that appearance was shorter than I expected and was eagerly anticipating his upcoming television appearances.

Then...I started reading the boards and I felt heartsick and then angry at myself for letting my joy be affected by so much negativity. But dammit, I am still pissed off at all the moaning and gnashing of teeth that has gone on.

And good for Clay to blog and try to set things straight...interesting that the blog is no longer there. Probably a very wise move.

ETA

Okay so I scurry over to OFC and if you're not a member of OFC you can read the blog...strange.

ITA iseeme..unfortunately...some people would rather read the twinkle of his eyes...and look for hidden meanings in his words...

I feel like Clay is starting from scratch. He needs to try and establish a niche in the industry that truly fits. He needs to build his reputation through his music and not because his fans are cra...enthusiastic or because of the speculation about his sexuality. It has to happen because people are liking his music. He needs his label and the people working for him to get that exposure more than his fans at this point cos it has to happen organically. I am very very confident...that his music will touch more hearts and he will gain more fans without much input from us.

I always say lets just be fans and leave the running of his career to the professionals.

The blog appears now to have disappeared from the public side too!

That disappoints me. That blog needed to stay as a daily reminder to people. I hope he didn't have second thoughts about it. I have it saved to Word because I loved it so!

I hope he wasn't 'advised' to remove it.

Nope. I think it's a typical Clique snafu---bet they meant to 'fix" the boo-boo of having it appear on the public side instead of the private side....and instead sent it to some Cyberspace BlackHole. Typcial Clique.

Its possible...he was advised against it. Cos the radio portion was great but in the end was like instructions on what to do with radio. that may not sit well with programers cos I know they do not really trust street teams.

I think Clay took a long time to put that blog together.......I would HOPE that no one talked him in to deleting it. I would prefer to think Clique goofed some how because I always thought you had to be a member to read the blogs! I have the post saved but didn't save the blog.

Yep, the posts are still there.

I think it's just a glitch on the site (Clique does well and truly suck). You have been able to read his blogs 'publicly' since the new site went up. There've been a couple times when the 'You' blog disappeared too. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Don't really see it being taken down over the radio stuff - hell it was anti-street team if anything.

Ducky and I actually tested a theory one day. Posted exactly the same thing (same frickin' words mind you) within 15 or so minutes of each other and someone got modded and someone didn't.

Hmmm. :cryingwlaughter:

:28:

Are you referring to our sturm und drang game? :cryingwlaughter:

Yep. Very funny, to me at least.

I even called a mod on it in PM and got a pat response. I tried to argue the limited points made, but then just realized there was no point.

I sure hope its just a Clique glitch. I can see keeping that blog on the members only side, but it NEEDS to be there.

And I would feel so bad for Clay if someone made him take it down.

I would also feel bad if he calmed down and then felt it was inappropriate. I think it was the most appropriate blog he ever wrote!