#31: The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title Poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man with the titanium balls - and the voice to back them up!
    • OMG, chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills
    • They are seeing what WE see ? a brilliant, intelligent, and genuinely funny and lovely man.
    • Clay Aiken, I love your mad talented, tender-hearted, freakin' Broadway star, soul!
    • I'm totally jonesing for Clay Aiken's voice right now. God! I need to be sedated.
    • I could listen to that Raleigh son rattle on all day long. He makes me smile.
    • The whole damn thing was perfect!

I thought it was a great appearance. His singing was great. The interview segments with these gals always seem rushed. I thought his answer to his AI question was good, and they prefaced it with saying that he always acknowledges that he wouldn't be where he is without AI.

I know that Clay's feelings about AI pretty much mirror mine, I do believe that the innocence, wonderment and kid next door element is gone, and like Clay the last season I really watched was season 3. I've caught bits and pieces of other seasons and I read articles about it on the web but that's about it for me.

Shit, I just lost my post. I wish something could be done about the log-off-when-you-aren't-expecting-it thing. It's soooooooo frustrating.

Summary: Wheeeeeeeeeee for QVC starting to arrive! Details! Wheeeeeeeee for the View! Thx for details!

I'm in love with Grace of God and As Long As We're Here this morning. Had a bath last night and took the iPod docking station into the bathroom so I could blast the CD. Was v.v. cool! Definitely get the 'demo' vibe from GOG.

Just watched the TITN video.......

general notes.....

still has the time stamp

cannot be enlarged

color seems somewhat enhanced

and resolution seems a bit better

from the version we had before

SOUNDS GOOD!!

LOOKS GOOD!!

on to the audio - want to hear If I Need You (When I Need You?) :)

eta: watching video again...... :D

Hee. Just had a quick conversation with a co-worker about Bo on AI last night. That brought up a little bit about past contestants. "So, do you ever hear anything about Clay Aiken?' Uh, yeah... "I'm spinning his new CD right now." And I just watched him on The View in the break room, but I didn't mention that. The conversation moved on to Kelly Clarkson's whereabouts after that, who was also off her radar. The exchange was particularly interesting to me, because this woman is a regular tabloid reader (the paper copies, not the online stuff), and all those little disses that bug the fans so must have made no impression on her.

screencaps from the bonus disk

when I put it in the DVD tray - this showed up

titn0-opening.jpg

some screencaps after I clicked Play.........

titn3.jpg

titn2.jpg

titn1.jpg

eta: I had to put it in a CD player to get the CD tracks.... not sure if it will be possible to import into itunes......

WINY is FANTASTIC!

i thought clay was adorable on the view. could have done without watching hot topics though because i always want to strangle elizabeth when she starts talking politics. i can usually tolerate her otherwise but because of some of her idiotic statements in the past, i stopped watching the view once rosie left.

as for the extra piece, i never pay attention to those intro's and i don't think most people do either because they are so stupid. when we actually get to hear him, it was great. he looked gorgeous, sounded intelligent. who could ask for more?

i'm going to try to start posting more, at least for the summer, since i don't have to worry about what test to study for. thank god finals are over. yesterday was my last and i had a great day. right after my test, shepherd had hilary and chelsea speak on campus so i was a part of that. very exciting for me since i've never done anything like that (i had a very repressed life before clay). i would have been just as excited if obama had been there because i like them both, however i would have skipped a mccain speech. and to top off my day, my daughter had flowers sent to me at the house. she's been so great, especially lately. later, i'll have to explain my family rift due to clay. long story. but its brought me and my daughter closer so who needs sisters anyway?

i thought clay was adorable on the view. could have done without watching hot topics though because i always want to strangle elizabeth when she starts talking politics. i can usually tolerate her otherwise but because of some of her idiotic statements in the past, i stopped watching the view once rosie left.

as for the extra piece, i never pay attention to those intro's and i don't think most people do either because they are so stupid. when we actually get to hear him, it was great. he looked gorgeous, sounded intelligent. who could ask for more?

i'm going to try to start posting more, at least for the summer, since i don't have to worry about what test to study for. thank god finals are over. yesterday was my last and i had a great day. right after my test, shepherd had hilary and chelsea speak on campus so i was a part of that. very exciting for me since i've never done anything like that (i had a very repressed life before clay). i would have been just as excited if obama had been there because i like them both, however i would have skipped a mccain speech. and to top off my day, my daughter had flowers sent to me at the house. she's been so great, especially lately. later, i'll have to explain my family rift due to clay. long story. but its brought me and my daughter closer so who needs sisters anyway?

great to hear from you...hope you do post more. LdyJ and I were just talking about this summer...and actually after this promo...it will be pretty quiet in Clay fandom so we will need some distractions.

I agree about Elizabeth...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE its clay again. I know Elizabeth always gush about Clay but reaction to the song was so sincere no polite excitement for the guests.

I think whoopie is pretty ok with clay...she really is more subdued...

oh I forgot to say elizabeth did ask him about working with kids and he mentioned BAF.

screencaps from the bonus disk

when I put it in the DVD tray - this showed up

titn0-opening.jpg

some screencaps after I clicked Play.........

titn3.jpg

titn2.jpg

titn1.jpg

eta: I had to put it in a CD player to get the CD tracks.... not sure if it will be possible to import into itunes......

WINY is FANTASTIC!

Thank you so much for all the info on this--can't wait to get mine, and I can't wait to hear WINY!!!!!

hee I like this part...he says he didn;t listen to his mom growing up...who listens to moms when they were kids then he turns and go...happy mothers day mom.

then he also said that as he got older he realized that some of what mom said was right...and he makes a face as he says right...like it hurts him to admit that...then he asks...is this live??? too cute.

The band has the QVC piano player again ...sean's twin..hee

so the band has 5 members and the two girls. I guess Angela's hair is just pulled back in a bun..yesterday i thought it was short hee.

CUTE pics from the View and GMA.

We have a verra,verra CUTE boyfriend!

And he sings purdy too.

There are some very GAH-worthy pics at this link:

Yummy GMA pics

Ok, look at the one with Diane and Robin and look at their faces - especially Diane's. Those are very fangirly faces!

I have OMWH running around my brain! That song needs to get radio play! Its catchy, has an earworm and grows on you. And it is NOT slow! I hope slowly but surely it gets radio.

Actually, I kind of like Elizabeth, of course I kind of liked her when she was on Survivor. I'm not a regular watcher of The View but she is way out numbered in her political view on that show and I think some of the other panel members come off just as ding-y sometimes. JMO

Plus, she's the only one on the show who ever really acts excited to see Clay, so that give her a couple extra points from me.

I have OMWH running around my brain! That song needs to get radio play! Its catchy, has an earworm and grows on you. And it is NOT slow! I hope slowly but surely it gets radio.

I so agree about OMWH..it's one of my favorites on the album and imo it's quintessential Clay.

Atinal..agree about Elizabeth. I was a big fan of hers on Survivor. I don't watch the View but I'm so apathetic that I rarely get upset that someone's political views are different than mine. Being a lone opinion can't be fun.

ETA: to respond to CG below me. OH GOD. If people don't like the song I'd rather they shut up and dont' even call their DJs. Why are they talking to DJs anyway...why not just the person that answers the phone or send a damn email. People are still apologizing for ATDW and that bugs the shit out of me. Or why don't they practice this if they don't feel it... ooh I'd LOVE to hear the great new song by Clay Aiken. Maybe after saying it 100 times they can lie convincingly to their DJs. GEESH.

I so agree about OMWH..it's one of my favorites on the album and imo it's quintessential Clay.

But get this! This is absurd! I read where someone had emailed a DJ on their HOT AC station that takes requests. She requested OMWH but then almost apologized for it telling the DJ that there were more upbeat, radio friendly songs on the album but since this was the single she thought he should play that!

Great, request a song but tell the station it isn't radio friendly! Yup, that will help get it air time!

Great pictures from Tsunamimommy. I kind of like his hair cut - that layered look is good.

I think Joy is happy to see Clay - she jokes with him, usually puts her hand on his leg, etc. She's just not a very effusive person.

OOPs - The View is on here.

But get this! This is absurd! I read where someone had emailed a DJ on their HOT AC station that takes requests. She requested OMWH but then almost apologized for it telling the DJ that there were more upbeat, radio friendly songs on the album but since this was the single she thought he should play that!

Great, request a song but tell the station it isn't radio friendly! Yup, that will help get it air time!

I agree with both of you on OMWH, I really think it sets the tone of the album, and Claygasm, I read that post too, and had a wtf reaction to it. Dang, if you're going to request it, just request it, no editorializing needed.

Great pictures from Tsunamimommy. I kind of like his hair cut - that layered look is good.

I think Joy is happy to see Clay - she jokes with him, usually puts her hand on his leg, etc. She's just not a very effusive person.

OOPs - The View is on here.

yeah I really do think the women on The view generally like Clay. I don't know if clay has ever been on with Barbra there...but in general he gets a good reception.

i wish i could say that comment to the dj suprised me but it really doesn't. i don't think craziness is exclusive to this fandom though because i'll occasionally check out other message boards for shows that i like, and there are nutty people everywhere. i do understand people caring and getting frustrated because i feel the same way, but i basically ignore most of the crap, or at least try to. i'm not always happy about things, like the low sales projections, or some dj's or critics being butts, but i'm going to stay happy. i have a cd that i think is the best that i have ever heard and lots of appearances coming up and hopefully a fall concert to look forward to. i'll let other people stress over the negative stuff, i have enough of my own. and i love omwh also, as well as every song on this cd. although i loved atdw's and moam, this cd is so much better, in my opinion. the vocals, the music, the variety in tones and emotions are all amazing. and parts of all the songs keep running through my head, which is unusual for me because i have a really short attention span so remembering even parts of songs is a big deal for me.

oh, and thanks for the responses. makes me feel welcome.

I agree with both of you on OMWH, I really think it sets the tone of the album, and Claygasm, I read that post too, and had a wtf reaction to it. Dang, if you're going to request it, just request it, no editorializing needed.

WORD...this is how the boards and the group think can sometimes back fire on clay. Some people say that what the post are only for the boards and since clay does not read won;t really affect him. But it becomes a mindset for some people and some of these pronouncements my these pseudo experts become fact in people's minds...very dangerous.

I also think this will have a hard time on Hot AC cos they usually wait for the song to be a hit...so start with AC stations. But of course some people just need to push the coolness factor...and hot AC is more cool than AC...sigh.

Quick message, if you have an Amazon account, you can review and rate the cd - a troll is there, you can reate and/or report others reviews as well.

If you want to help Clay, positive reviews can't hurt, reviewing other reviews helps as well. Just please, no RCA stuff, I see somepeople still thinkthat has a place in an album review sigh. While the album is pon the first page it is the best time to have reviews out there for the real NJU

And you might want to get On My way Home with some pepsi points if you drink pepsi to ehlp it up billboard charts.

OMWH MP3

Does anyone have pepsi points to provide? I have 2, I need more caffenine to get more points.