#31: The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title Poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man with the titanium balls - and the voice to back them up!
    • OMG, chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills
    • They are seeing what WE see ? a brilliant, intelligent, and genuinely funny and lovely man.
    • Clay Aiken, I love your mad talented, tender-hearted, freakin' Broadway star, soul!
    • I'm totally jonesing for Clay Aiken's voice right now. God! I need to be sedated.
    • I could listen to that Raleigh son rattle on all day long. He makes me smile.
    • The whole damn thing was perfect!

Happy birthday Clayzor!! Woohoo!!

{{{{{{keldanker}}}}}

I think this got lost in the shuffle of yesterday's excitement....but could someone rip the audio interview from this site? This was a really cute interview with him (look for the OMWH clip, but with no video attached, hee), and I'd love to load it into my iPod. kthnxbye.

i'm going to agree with clazorback on it's in everyone of us. its probably my least favorite also. it just has a churchy feel to it and being the anti-religious person that i am, doesn't work too well with me. it's not something that i'd skip because i love his voice, but its not a favorite. however, i have no favorites because i love the rest of them, including forget i ever knew you, which i didn't think i'd like from the clips. i'm even getting used to the weird sound in falling.

I think this got lost in the shuffle of yesterday's excitement....but could someone rip the audio interview from this site? This was a really cute interview with him (look for the OMWH clip, but with no video attached, hee), and I'd love to load it into my iPod. kthnxbye.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i629lv

Well, while Everyone (hey, I'm sticking with my names of few words!) does strike me as very gospelly, it's my least favorite (prepare yourselves for some heresy here) because I really dislike Muppet songs. All Muppet Songs. Even It Ain't Easy Being Green. Like the Muppets. Hate their music. And this sounds like an iconic Muppet song, John Denver or no John Denver.

Favorites? :huh: We're supposed to pick favorites?! :o

Ok, WIDTL is still getting me each time it comes on. And SAU with my new headphones is verra, verra, verra, verra niiiice. SL gets me, too...... :flirtysmile3:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i629lv

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Well, while Everyone (hey, I'm sticking with my names of few words!) does strike me as very gospelly, it's my least favorite (prepare yourselves for some heresy here) because I really dislike Muppet songs. All Muppet Songs. Even It Ain't Easy Being Green. Like the Muppets. Hate their music. And this sounds like an iconic Muppet song, John Denver or no John Denver.

Crap. I thought KAndre and I were so much in sync with our musical choices...and then she springs this on me. I love the Muppets, and love their music. As a matter of fact, I'd love it if Clay would do "Rainbow Connection," but I'd get shot by KAndre and probaby the rest of the fandom. Hee. I really do love the gospel feel of the song, and find myself singing it almost all the time at this point.

My favorite at the moment is still WOTW, with SAU and WIDTL both close seconds. But I really do like every single song; I'm just mad passionately in love with WOTW the most.

Thread title poll at the top of the page!!!!

As a matter of fact, I'd love it if Clay would do "Rainbow Connection,"

I can soooooo hear him singing that!

Someday we'll find it

the Rainbow Connection

the lovers, the dreamers and me

Well, actually, the version going through my head right now is Kermit's..... time to put the loverly OMWH back on with the headphones......

I'll have to agree with those who like TRM. It's gorgeous! I love the lyrics, the way he sings it, the arrangement, everything about it. But I LOVE the rest of the album, too. Really love it. So much that it seems unfair to exclude any of the other songs, cuz they're all so good! At first I thought that FEIKY was just okay. But then I had the album on shuffle while I was working out last night, and listening through noise cancelling earbuds. Oh, my, I suddenly fell in love with the song! Particularly the ending.

Looks like I'll be able to make the listening party tomorrow night, but not on Saturday night. DD #1 is in a play that I'll be attending on Saturday. Hopefully I won't have to work late tomorrow, and can get home on time for the party!

I think we will all need to bring something yummy to eat or drink. My contribution will be this:

han-solo-chocolate.jpg

And this:

varietes_de_tequila_.jpg

Boy, I am so out of the loop. I have no idea what Muppet Music is.

I finally downloaded and watched both The View and GMA. :hubbahubba: I can't believe anyone would be less than tha-rilled with either performance. Eyeliner? Sideburns? Hair color? Who cares? Didn't y'all see that RIVET????? :hubbahubba: Damn, I love that rivet. Or more acurately, I love what lies beneath.

Seriously, I thought he sounded great on both shows, and love how intelligently he handles every question put to him, I love that his sense of humor shows, and I love how fangirly they were on both shows. Their approval and excitement seemed genuine.

:flirtysmile3: He just makes me so darn happy!

So, you can nominate Clay in two categories and Hannah in one for these Broadway.com awards. If you're so inclined that is. As far as I can tell you have to vote in every category, and only one vote per IP addy. This is for nominations - voting for winners comes later. You can (should?) choose five nominees in each category.

I am sorry not to see Tom or Rick's name anywhere - these two deserve every award there is as far as I'm concerned.

Broadway.com awards

Actually, I think it says you have to pick 5 in each category. I didn't even attempt it because I don't know anyone else, let alone 5! I need help/suggestions.

Happy Birthday Clayzor! :fest30:

Only 2 favorite songs? Well right now my favorites are GOG and Falling. Ask me tomorrow and I'll probably say something else like EIDN. TRM makes me cry. :cry4: I know he told us not to but I can't help thinking of him and what he has gone through the last couple of years when I hear it.

I finally got a REAL CD to fondle! My Walmart copy came. Haven't listened to it yet, but how nice to have an actual CD. Now when I get my QVC order, I'll have both covers!

It's In Everyone Of Us......This is probably the only song I would skip.

Don't go dissing my Muppet song!! I LOVE it!!!

Oh, by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. Have a good evening.

:00003653: osh, Clay gave you a new CD in time for your birthday! Lucky you!

I didn't think The Real Me would hit me like it did - but boy did it. I don't care what the songwriter had in mind. Maybe it helps that I never listened to anybody else sing it, and never intend to. But I doubt it. I only care about the incredible sound of Clay's voice singing those words/notes. The word 'frailty' each time about slays me. Reaches right into my chest and squeezes my heart. He makes some of the most beautiful sounds I've ever heard him make during this song. I am totally his bitch while it's playing.

This has GOT TO STOP!!!! I am agreeing with you again!!!!!!

I thought knowing what Clay thought of with TRM would ruin it for me and I didn't particularly like it at QVC (and I heard the whole song), but damn if it didn't hit me like a ton of bricks on the CD. His voice is sublime. The song rather poignant. Just beautiful.

So, you can nominate Clay in two categories and Hannah in one for these Broadway.com awards. If you're so inclined that is. As far as I can tell you have to vote in every category, and only one vote per IP addy. This is for nominations - voting for winners comes later. You can (should?) choose five nominees in each category.

I am sorry not to see Tom or Rick's name anywhere - these two deserve every award there is as far as I'm concerned.

Broadway.com awards

Voted, but that was a lot of work!! I just picked names at random and voted for Spamalot when I could. David Hibbard was on the ballot too I noticed.

i'm going to agree with clazorback on it's in everyone of us. its probably my least favorite also. it just has a churchy feel to it and being the anti-religious person that i am, doesn't work too well with me. it's not something that i'd skip because i love his voice, but its not a favorite. however, i have no favorites because i love the rest of them, including forget i ever knew you, which i didn't think i'd like from the clips. i'm even getting used to the weird sound in falling.

STOP DISSING THE MUPPET SONG!!!! No one is more anti-religious than me but it doesn't mention anything religious and I just LOVE it! Although I do keep seeing the KNights swaying with their torches like they did during "Find Your Grail"

What's with all this Muppet hate?? That is just so wrong!!!!!

**Pets pretty Muppet song... There, there. Its ok. Starts humming Rainbow Connection to make it feel better...**

Off to download The View!

ETA: While The View is downloading I opened my Walmart CD, popped it in and listened to FIEKY and GAH! LOVE IT!. And now somehow I am listening for the first time with my lovely lyric booklet where I can lick the pretty pictures read the lyrics as I listen.

I feel happy!

Went to dinner with three of my neighbors tonite and we listened to the CD. Hands down, everyone of them loved The Real Me. My favorite is still Sacrificial Love. My neighbor took the CD to burn it - grrrrrr - so now I'm purchasing another one on Amazon to make up for it!!! She had it out of the player before I could even say anything.

:bday2: CLAYZOR!!!

The songs that were always my faves from the clips were WOTW and Sacrificial Love

and am I the only one that hears Touch in the intro guitar of Falling?

I also get enthralled by different songs...Tonight its FIEKY, this afternoon it was WIDTL and this morning Ashes.

Opps, Happy Birthday Clazor. If my computer were working better, I would give you a picture. One for tomorrow.

They showed a bit of the invisible video, I think he is being interviewed, with some possible music. Let you know after malimar.

Waiting for Clay......

Let's face it, this whole freakin album is good! While there are songs I like more than others, I can honestly say there is not one song I want to skip.

Its been a long time since I could say that about an album.

And I never said it about any of Clay's before.

Clay's lead in on Nightline:

...Clay Aiken. He may have come in second on American Idol, but now he's topping the charts. Who's laughing now?

BWAH! It's almost as if they heard Simon on Extra tonight, saying, "We used to laugh at him every week."

BWAH! :lmaosmiley-1:

Still waiting on Clay in the CDT -

Isn't it terrible that I want the "organic" dude with his sound bites and claims that you shouldn't eat whatever your grandma would recognize to get a good case of botulism (as that was something my grandma recognized and was thrilled with better preservative methods. I hate the way science and scientists is sneered at using a few sound bites - bah humbug. There are problems with current diets (and more than anything, Westerners simply don't do as much manual labor as our grandparents), but hell, if you think things were all perfect and hunky dory then, you're deluding yourself. Hell, it's only been in the last 50 years that many of the underlying causes of nutritional diseases - which killed children in the thousands - were discovered by scientists and modifications made to diet recommendations. Grrrrrr.

OK, I got my Clay fix and I'm happy again!

That man is sweeter than sugar! And sentimental as all hell.

*high fives CG*

I'm sooooo glad you love the album, and I'm sooooooo glad you love the Muppet song! EEEEEEEEE!

Nightline is usually only interviews -- I don't think there's ever been a performance. Gotta say, though -- ABC is trying it's best to do Clay well. GMA. Nightline. The View. That Radio interview.

EEEEEEEEE! Clay time!

After 2 days of sales, it looks like a hit?

Islands inthe stream, won him first place for the only time

Chapman favorite performers, writers, etc Sang great adventure

going to be a lovely day - a camp song

Don't let the sun go down on me because of AI, someone on the show asked Elton John

Carolina on my mind - quintessential Carolina song

On my way here - songs are all differnet on the album - different styles

Ah, Clay's playlist

I only wish they had shown the album cover, but at least they played part of OMWH in the background.

He looked quite handsome.

It exposes him to probably a new audience. Maybe someone will say "Yeah, I remember him and that song of his playing in the background is catchy. Think I'll check it out!"

Couldn't hurt!