#31: The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title Poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man with the titanium balls - and the voice to back them up!
    • OMG, chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills
    • They are seeing what WE see ? a brilliant, intelligent, and genuinely funny and lovely man.
    • Clay Aiken, I love your mad talented, tender-hearted, freakin' Broadway star, soul!
    • I'm totally jonesing for Clay Aiken's voice right now. God! I need to be sedated.
    • I could listen to that Raleigh son rattle on all day long. He makes me smile.
    • The whole damn thing was perfect!

I would love to join the CD discussion this evening and tomorrow but...it's my birthday and Mother's Day on Sunday, party for the 65th tomorrow, family arriving late this afternoon, so cannot.

But would you please repost the link to the discussion and I can read it later tonite when all are in bed.

Thanks.

That Benihana interview is the BEST.INTERVIEW.EVAH.

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

I'm STILL laughing....

BWAH! We Clayfans are "nomadic, omnivores and our cycles are synched!"

BWAH! :lmaosmiley-1: :lmaosmiley-1: :lmaosmiley-1:

Lotus -- the listening party thread is here! I hope as many of you can try to make it this evening -- we'll be doing the first seven songs of the album tonight! The last 5 plus the two bonus tracks are tomorrow night. Everyone bring drinks and munchies!

Off to watch Mo Rocca, even though I'm at the reference desk!

I'm STILL laughing....

SO FREAKIN' FUNNEEEEE!!!

And as a special bonus, Clay runs his fingers through his hair at about 1:11.

Except for the paychecks, work certainly interferes with Clay time! I wanna see/hear the Mo Rocca interview!!

From berkley at the CH:

Funny-as-hell video interview with Clay at Mo Rocco 180m - Clay Aiken at Benihana!

This is an AOL News Blog.

Didn't listen because I am work, but it sounds like it would funny!

Thank you! That was great!! We were there just the other night....wish Clay had been!

ETA: he knew he was a dead man when the conversation turned to "cycles" and he knew he was being video'd.... :cryingwlaughter:

Oh my freakin' GOD!

Clay Aiken actually TELLS Mo Rocca that the Claymates travel enough together that we are probably all on the same cycle!

BWAH HA HA HAHAHAH!

Claymates are also omnivores.

I think my favorite part of the Today show clip is when he laughed that adorable laugh of his...and both Kathy Lee and Hannah (isn't that her name?) picked up on it, and seemingly thought it adorable too. Love, love, love it.

Actually, I got the impression they thought his laugh was "wicked" -- not sweet or adorable!

And ... word of the day .......

"haunted"

as in

Shadows of shattered dreams

They follow me

They've haunted me

Yeah that kills me.

Was that interview done the same day as the now-infamous-and-missing blog? 'Cause maybe he thought we were all PMSing at the same time....

Um, he has seen his audience hasn't he? I think most many are past PMS and into menopausal mood swings!

:cryingwlaughter:

I hope you all appreciate that I selflessly brought that interview over even though I personally cannot listen to it yet!!!!

And its driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

That had of been one of the funniest interviews he has ever done. It was so funny when he tried the beans. I did notice the shrimp on the grill but I am not sure it was on his plate. Maybe they removed it when they were not filming him.

I have listened to the CD many times. Still can not determine my favorite. When some critics say these are all ballads I wonder what they are listening to. I am hoping the total amount sold increases this weekend and he can come closer to number 1. You know he will comment on being number 2 again.

:cryingwlaughter:

I love his reaction to the statement by Mo Rocca that there are dirt eaters in Georgia. Fun conversation! Who needs interview questions?

And the part when Clay drops the edamame and can't quite figure out what to do with it. Priceless!

Help!!!

I gotthe QVC bonus disk and the only thing I can get it to play is the TITN video - the songs do not seem to be on the disk or playable. They are listed on the disk, but nothing will allow me to play them.

Under the category: "Nobody Reads My Posts"....

Play - I posted yesterday, that you have to actually put it in a CD player to play the audio tracks. This may make it virtually impossible to import to itunes. :cry4:

Eventually, there may be a way to copy the files to another disc and delete the autoplay.... but I am just theorizing now so I don't know if that will ultimately work.

Do you have a stand alone CD player? Try that! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

That is just the funniest interview ever!!!

I love how real he is...and I wish we got the whole conversation cos apparently they talked about food...hee

Nope, CD does not play in my CD player either, it keeps ejecting as not a CD.

Now, even if I couldn't play them, I should be able to see hidden files when I read the disk. I have see hidden files set up as my option and there are no aural files there.

WHat show does Mo Rocco appear on? It used to be Jon Stewart. I was worried about the shrimp when Clay was trying to pick them up.

Well, fans that hang out together seem to be on the same mood cycles for the most part. Who knew men liked to talk about our synching?

I think we have herbavores, carnivores, omnivores and cannibals.

I'm STILL laughing....

That was fabulous - he looks so good!!!

I loved it when he stood up and leaned over the grill.

onionpyramid.jpg:hubbahubba:

play - sorry - don't know what to tell you! I couldn't find any audio files on the disc either.

Well, guess I will jump in on the favorite/least favorite discussion and hope this won't be considered sacrilage, but The Real Me is actually my least favorite on the CD. I think it has a lot to do with the background of the song and maybe if I had heard it without knowing that it was written by a woman about her struggle with bulimia, I would like it. But when I hear him singing it (and especially since he uses his falsetto, which I am not that fond of), I hear a song that I think should be sung by a woman and not a man. I know that sounds really sexist and I wish I could get past my pre-conceived notions about the song, because it is a beautiful song. I don't skip it on the CD, I listen to it and am really trying to like it, but so far I am having a hard time.

Takes a deep breath and hits reply...

Kim

I kept waiting for someone to say this. I feel the same way about the song. Clay turned this less than stellar song into something better than Natalie Grants version. But really, words like"frailty" are not words you expect to hear men use when describing their feelings. The lyrics are more femine in nature, to me. I have tried but I just can't get into this song. Even though Clay sings it purdy............

Thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes. Getting ready to go out with the kids for a late birthday lunch. I think I even won dinner for two and flowers from the local radio AC station. Someone turned my name in for birthday's and my niece heard it and her mom (my sis) told me.

Word for the day? Hmmmm. I'll say "Remind" I like when he sings the line, "Try and remind me now."

Loved all the TV appearances and I think Ken Barnes review was pretty good.

Later peeps. Gotta run..............Thanks playbiller.

You tell me you're here for forever

But act like you're passin' through...

I see you lying beside me

But I feel you're movin' on...

gah...and :cry4: and :wub:

I fuckin' LOVE Sacrificial Love...I swear, he really, REALLY sings this with...REAL connection, emotion...gah....oh.

I was good for the moment

But now something's gone from your kiss....

My heart breaks....

I truly do love Clay Aiken's voice.

But....

...that interview is a perfect example of what made me fall in love with the MAN. He's funny. He's quick. He's smart. He seems to love to laugh. He seems to love to eat at chain restaurants. He's a regular guy.

What a great boyfriend.