#31: The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title Poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man with the titanium balls - and the voice to back them up!
    • OMG, chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills
    • They are seeing what WE see ? a brilliant, intelligent, and genuinely funny and lovely man.
    • Clay Aiken, I love your mad talented, tender-hearted, freakin' Broadway star, soul!
    • I'm totally jonesing for Clay Aiken's voice right now. God! I need to be sedated.
    • I could listen to that Raleigh son rattle on all day long. He makes me smile.
    • The whole damn thing was perfect!

WINY is FANTASTIC!

EEEEEEEEEEE, I knew it would be! Wonder how long it takes QVC to deliver to Canada?

and can someone explain why i keep getting logged out. i go to post something and it says i'm not logged in. i did catch where it said i could copy the post so thankfully i didn't have to retype it again.

ARGH, I wish I could explain it. It's the most.frustrating.thing.ever. Happens when I try to send a PM, too. I mean, obviously I was LOGGED IN if I was in my PM box, right? Grrrrrrrrr......

I love Ashes, but I love Falling even more, despite that freakishly annoying synthy-thing sounds effect in the middle.

Oh no you didn't diss that cool effect in the middle of Falling! GAH, I love it!

I wish these "fans" who are trying to "help" Clay would just shut the frak up.

Clay was PERFECT on the View. PERFECT, and I don't want to hear from anyone who thinks otherwise.

His hair was perfect, his eyelashes were perfect, his smile was perfect, his pants were perfect, and OMWH was PERFECT.

Quiana and Angela were perfect too.

The whole damn thing was perfect.

Hee, I haven't even seen it yet, and I KNOW it was PERFECT. :lilredani:

*copies post to clipboard, just in case, and hits 'add reply' cautiously*

ETA: Freaking good thing I did, too.

justclay12 -- so.much.word. Clay's a big boy (heh) and he doesn't need a bunch of mother hens trying to run his career. Or a bunch of armchair quarterbacks either -- although I hear in that case, the pizza and beer is pretty good.

Claygasm and cindilu intersecting anywhere on the thought grid is a good sign, y'all. Can KAndre's successful world domination be far behind?

I'm thinking the three horses of the apocalypse are going to be showing up at my door real soon...

From the Nightline article:
Probably the first thing I ever won; only thing really
Can't you just hear him say this? "...first thing I ever won (beat - smirk) only thing rilly" (laugh) I've got it so bad for this guy! hee!

I do that all.the.time. I can read many articles of his and hear him saying everything that is written. I think I've internalized his speaking voice.

Called merrieeee this morning from the dentist's office, ecstatic that I had made it through my cleaning without tears. By listening to Clay's new cd, people! Those who don't like "On My Way Here" should try listening to it when they're trying to relax for dental work! Aaaahhh...Loved the song before...now, I really love it. It's a good song, y'all. Well constructed, meaningful, beautifully sung. It's definitely not radio UNfriendly, in my opinion.

Ah. So that's the key for the people who don't care for the song as a single...just give them some laughing gas first. I think I can figure out a way to do that. Maybe we can send the gas through the internets....

It kind of reminds me of the king and the drunken guard scene in Spamalot! :cryingwlaughter:

I love the analogy! :cryingwlaughter:

"..If 'e were to leave the room and we were wif 'em..."

"Nooooooooooooo."

If you start braiding the ribbons on your spear, I'm so out of here....

Clay is on Yahoo's home page. Some ditz doing a piece on his makeover. Naturally the comments are less than flattering. Gahhhhh...

Why can't people focus on the MUSIC.

It kind of reminds me of the king and the drunken guard scene in Spamalot! :cryingwlaughter:

"Nooooooooooooo."

Too freakin' funny! :lmaosmiley-1: :lol2::cryingwlaughter:

and true :rolleyes:

Let's continue it:

"...mmmehmehmehmeh....I understand that you said OMWH is the first single and we should support IT instead of Ashes we'll keep 'im here all raiht, but can we ask DJs to play Ashes instead because it's more radio friendly? could 'e leave the room wif US?"

"NO! Just OMWH is the first single for a reason! keep him HERE!"

on the cb is a link to a cbs interview with clay. i don't know how to bring links over or i would because he is so cute in this. he's laughing a lot and looks so good in a suit and purple tie. god, i love that man.

OK - I haven't been "out there" to see what is happening...

BUT ---- just for the record....

I never said OMWH was a bad song or should not be the first single

and I never said I thought Ashes should be the first single, either

So I hope I am not one of the people that fingers are being pointed at.

All I said......... was that I really liked Ashes and it deserves to be a single.

PERIOD.

Also, I didn't think up the plan to get the 99¢ version of Ashes to boost the rating.

As for all the marketing crap, it's Greek to me, so I was just repeating it here.

And what actually happened is when I went to Amazon to buy Ashes I ended up buying every song the whole album for 99¢ each.

So please, don't blast the messenger. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

"Roight then!"

KAndre dances around the synthy sound thingy in the middle of her precious "Falling", hissing at it..."Bad synthy sound thingy! Bad!"

"The whole damn thing was perfect" is a GREAT thread title.

cha cha t, "out there" is looney tunes re: Ashes vs. OMWH - which is what we're bitching about.

cha cha, I didn't see any blood around you, so I think you're OK...

justclay12 -- luckiest1 posted the link for the CBS interview in this post earlier this morning. (Man, I just realized we've burned through 6 pages this morning!)

And of course, I had to watch that clip again, 'cause I like that cute singer man. Looks like a business executive there, one I'd do on a desk in a corner office. *g*

I just caught the interviewer's last line too for the first time with this viewing...

"Along with the voice, Aiken has that comedic timing."

Amen sister.

*joins KAndre in the hissing-at-synth-in-Falling dance* Really like the song -- but that one section is very jarring to me. I want the voice unadulterated, demmit!

So please, don't blast the messenger. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

People aren't picking on you, hun. Some just will not get the message that Clay gave--that OMWH is the current single and if we want to support him, support the current single. I doubt you'd still be arguing for the Ashes idea (which wasn't yours originally) after Clay's blog/posts yesterday!

That yahoo thing has been up since Monday. There are over 4000 replies. Good thing so many people 'hate' him. It really does make me laugh. They are just as invested as we are. And it's just a tad more weird to spend that much time on someone/something you 'hate' than something you love. But yeah, we're the freaks. BWAH!

And the blogger claims to LOVE LOVE LOVE him - as she's mocking and rolling her eyes and being frightened of his photograph - the 'floor' shot from the new photoshoot no less. You really do have to laugh.

Whatever, hon!!

*joins KAndre in the hissing-at-synth-in-Falling dance* Really like the song -- but that one section is very jarring to me. I want the voice unadulterated, demmit!

The first few times I heard that I thought it was something bad in the recording, it doesn't seem to fit. I'm getting used to it though and still love the song

ETA from Cindilu's post

That yahoo thing has been up since Monday. There are over 4000 replies. Good thing so many people 'hate' him. It really does make me laugh. They are just as invested as we are. And it's just a tad more weird to spend that much time on someone/something you 'hate' than somehing you love.

-------

This is something that has always puzzled me, Clay's fans being OTT and ridiculed in some circles and by media, but man, I find it far more "crazy" for someone to spend so much time on someone they hate, how can they justify that even in their own minds and I find it rather scary.

boy, this board has been chatty today. i hadn't had time to go back to read all the pages but i'm glad the link was posted. i keep wanting to re-watch it because he's so cute, and i think the interviewer really thought so too. i love watching him laugh and be silly.

While we are at it, Can you guy please write reviews and rate the album on I tunes? The trolls are out in force. You can use the same review for both places.

I think I am going to waste the 99 cents someone saved me by giving me a coupon in a store to download OMWH on Amazon, just to prop up its ratings a bit.

From the CH:

RockOnTV update

Show: Nightline

Episode: 2008/05/08

Network: (ABC) ABC Television

Date: Thursday - May 8, 2008

Time: 11:35/10:35c PM

Duration: 0:30

About: Nightline: 2008/05/08

Myanmar Aid Challenges -- Five days after Cyclone Nargis hit Myanmar, shipments of international aid are finally getting into the country. But the junta is still making it difficult for emergency relief workers to get visas to enter the country. The most dire estimates suggest the death toll could hit 100,000. Will aid get to the survivors before it's too late? ABC's Elizabeth Vargas reports.

The Guardian of Food -- Michael Pollan's philosophy of eating is simple: Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants. Americans are too eager to follow the latest diet trends, he says, and many suffer from an unhealthy obsession with healthy eating. ABC's John Donvan sits down with Pollan to discuss his new book, "In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto."

Clay Aiken -- Fresh off his stint playing Sir Robin in "Monty Python's Spamalot" on Broadway, Clay Aiken is back on the music scene with a new pop album. "On My Way Here" is the 29-year-old's second album of all-new material. What music inspires this successful "American Idol" runner-up? It's another installment of the "Nightline Playlist."

So I guess his MySpace is wrong! More Clay on my TV today!

has anyone ever seen the nightline playlist? i don't usually watch so don't know what it is. i really liked the nightline article so i hope some of that is included.

and i checked out the yahoo site. could have done without that. only read the first page of comments because that's usually all i can stand, not only with clay, but anything posted on the internet. a lot of weirdos out there. at least on the first page of comments, most said good things about his voice, even those who didn't like his looks, although i think they must have trouble with their eyes because i think he is and always has been gorgeous.

I saw the Yahoo thing the other day and honestly I still don't know what that chick was getting at..read a few comments and backed the hell out...some people really need to get lives.

Kim

Oh hey...off-topic, but I'm considering getting a SmugMug account for my family (and other - heh) pictures. Anyone need to warn me off from using this service? Is there something better?

Thank you for posting your reviews on amazon, they are great, I said you were all helpful.

Now Holly needs some serious attention

ETA - I can't view anything in Smugmug, don't know why.

ETA - On My Way Here is the 91st most popular download in Amazon MP3

I have to drink some more pepsi!

Clay is on Yahoo's home page. Some ditz doing a piece on his makeover. Naturally the comments are less than flattering. Gahhhhh...

Why can't people focus on the MUSIC.

I think its because Clay is such an interesting personality. Most of the time musicians just go to talk shows and sing. then when they get interviewed they are pretty boring. That is why when they are not on promo cycle people usually forget about them. Clay on the other hand is really very interesting. First of all his story from AI just resonates so much as the classic make over story. Then he does give very interesting interviews...give controversial statements cos he is so true to himself. So now he is part of pop culture...people are interested and also...his name gives people hits on the net so people will find things to write about him. Like really 4000 comments? You will surely get your share of nasties in that group.

"Nooooooooooooo."

Too freakin' funny! :lmaosmiley-1: :lol2::cryingwlaughter:

and true :rolleyes:

Let's continue it:

"...mmmehmehmehmeh....I understand that you said OMWH is the first single and we should support IT instead of Ashes we'll keep 'im here all raiht, but can we ask DJs to play Ashes instead because it's more radio friendly? could 'e leave the room wif US?"

"NO! Just OMWH is the first single for a reason! keep him HERE!"

LOVE this...hee

(((Cha cha))) it really is not about anything you did. When you posted about ashes on itunes I don;t think Clay posted on the OFC yet so in a way its understandable that people thought they were helping. But what is frustrating is that despite what Clay blogged...people are still going on and on about that. Its just that some people are pretty hard headed.

Another interview from that satellite media push from the other day -- I understand that "Backstage" is something that shows up on some Comcast cable companies? This is posted on YouTube.

On My Way Backstage -- Our Interview with Clay Aiken!

hee love that little exchange about his weight in the beginning. That is sooo true!!!

Clay's blog? Too little too late, I fear. Should of been done when the trashing of his ATDW CD was going on. Along with all the conspiracy theories. He should of put his foot down and nipped rumors in the bud from the get go. He might not of lost so many good fans from his OFC, if he had of. The only way, now, he is going to put a stop to all that RCA and marketing shit, is to close down the message board. Before any new members pay good money to join and stumble upon that den of looney tunes, he is talking to. They are NOT fans. Not even remotely. The behavior of the people he is addressing doesn't match up with true fan behavior. JMHO and all that. :imgtongue:

I think I have od'ed on Falling and Ashes. His voice is so phenominal on this CD. I think it is his best effort, by far. I also still love Broken Wings and If You Don't Know Me By Now. From his last ATDW, too. They were my two favorites until now. HeeHee.

I think he and kipper did a great job. I also agree with whoever said that Clay used Jaymes as a way to set up an opportunity for him to blog about the ongoing problem at OFC with these handful of shit stirrers. As one would expect, his words fell on deaf ears. They can't recognize themselves, you think? Nah, they recognize themselves, they just don't care because they aren't real fans..............They should be banned if they continue to carry on. However, I wouldn't count on the mods to do the right thing.

Is there clack of The View up yet? Also where is the link to Clay singing the bonus i-tunes song on YouTube?

I went forward in leaps of 4 -9 pages (depending on what was offered) at the Yahoo site, quickly skimmed over 4-6 posts at each stop and found it interesting that while yes, there is a lot of nasty comments, the more I read the more I was amazed at the number who would slam him or his look....but never his voice. Often they praised the voice and his ability. Took a lot of the sting out of the comments.

For me.

Again, reminds me of the cool kids in school who happily slam some geek but agree there is no denying said geeks natural ability....at math, writing, singing....whatever.

I haven't clicked on the Yahoo link to read or watch that article, I rarely read comment anymore, my heart just can't stand it. I find myself picturing these idiots sitting at their computer and wondering what they look like. How many of them could actually be better looking than Clay. Maybe they should look in the mirror.