OMWH Listening Party!

ldyjocelyn

I still think this is about the crap in his mind - or maybe just mine.

Listen to those lyrics.....

He'll turn the page....

Something that gets me moving on again.....

I'll let this be over and done....

Maybe i should just walk away.....

Get on my feet and start again.....

Living life with no regrets, the best hasn't happened yet.....

Strikes me as a song about someone who has been beaten almost into submission, wondering if they can go on, even get out of bed, but then they say screw you, pick themselves up and go on and that the person who hurt them won't win.

CG... woman, you are good at this interrupting lyrics stuff... I think you have a very good point and one I can put into the song easily

All I know is that I like this one and marvel at his vocal ability. I listen to that more than the lyrics, to tell you the truth!

Cotton, I never noticed that it's a dissonance behind the glory note, but you're right! I have a hard time explaining that to my bell choir when we play some music with that. The key is the resolve....getting you to the actual chord. I love that kinds of stuff.

Well, we'll have to come back when everybody gets "When I Need You"...dear lord, I'm looking forward to that!

Huge glory note fan here - if you're got it, flaunt it!

what does 'dissonance' mean????

Basically, something that sounds "out of tune." The easiest way to explain it is to go to a piano, and play two keys that are right next to each other. There's a dissonance there...but if you move to the next note over, in many instances, the sound "resolves" itself, and becomes part of a pleasing sounding chord.

I'm not good at explaining this stuff though.

Okay.

I think this is right.

It's more right, anyway! :cryingwlaughter:

forget I ever knew you

I lie awake while the rest of the world sleeps happily

I'm tossing and turning in the dark

I try to make some sense of the mess that calls itself my life

Just wish I knew where I should start

I'd go back in time if I could

erase you from my mind for good

I get so tired of trying

Maybe I should just...

Walk away and let my heart pretend

the dreams come true when the story ends

I get on my feet and start again

say goodby to all I’ve been through

And forget I ever knew you

I turn the page I've got nothing to say but I'll start writing anyway

Something that gets me moving on again

Stuck in this place putting one foot in front of the other foot

Maybe today I'll let this be over and done

I'd make up my mind if I could

And leave this all behind me for good

I'm getting tired of trying

Maybe I should just...

Walk away and let my heart pretend

the dream comes true when the story ends

I leave the past and rise above

I let you go and fall in love

With everything that I'm made of

Say goodbye to all I've been through

I'll start living life with no regrets

'Cause the best hasn't happened yet

I'm just fine with you out of my liiiiiiiife

Walk away let my heart pretend

the dreams come true when your story ends

I never knew you

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This

dis·so·nance Audio Help [dis-uh-nuhns] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun

1. inharmonious or harsh sound; discord; cacophony.

2. Music.

a. a simultaneous combination of tones conventionally accepted as being in a state of unrest and needing completion.

b. an unresolved, discordant chord or interval. Compare consonance (def. 3).

3. disagreement or incongruity.

dis·so·nance Audio Help [dis-uh-nuhns] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun

2. Music.

a. a simultaneous combination of tones conventionally accepted as being in a state of unrest and needing completion.

Like some a cappela groups????? :cryingwlaughter:

HA!

I THINK these are the correct lyrics. Anyway know who wrote this song? I too get the U2 vibe.

Forget I Ever KNew You

lyrics

I lie awake while the rest of the world sleeps happily

I'm tossing and turning in the dark

I try to make some sense of the mess that calls itself my life

Just wish I knew where I should start

I'd go back in time if I could

erase you from my mind for good

I get so tired of trying

Maybe I should just...

That dreams come true and the story ends

I'll turn the page I've got nothing to say but I'll start writing anyway

Something that gets me moving on again

Stuck in this place put one foot in front of the other foot

Maybe today I'll let this be over and done

I'd make up my mind if I could

And leave this all behind me for good

I'm getting tired of trying

Maybe I should just...

I'll start living life with no regrets

'Cause the best hasn't happened yet

I'm just fine with you out of my life

ETA: Cotton I see we both posted the "correct" lyrics. We should compare and see if we came up with the same thing!

–noun

2. Music.

Yeah, that.

*g*

OK, party over. *sigh* I had originally included WINY in the party, but since I still haven't received MY copy of that one yet....grrrrrr. We'll have to do this again with that.

For those that don't know....we did two ATDW parties, probably about 4 months apart. I'm thinking that if there's no tour this summer, we may want to try this again in July or so. Give us a chance to "live" with the songs for a while before trying this again.

And on that note, time for bed. Another early day, this time to visit my Mom 3 hours away.

That explains it then for me. I think the songs is rather catchy, but this is one time when I hear the glory note, I kind of cringe and it seems a little misplaced or something

I really love WINY I've listened to it several times. Wasn't it recorded with the MOAM songs?

FIEKY - When I first heard this I couldn't help but think he was thinking of JP and all the crap when he sang this.

The only problem I have with this thought is I don;t think clay wants to give that whole incident any significance in his life. This sounds like someone that was really part of his life or the composers life...hee.

I still think this is about the crap in his mind - or maybe just mine.

Listen to those lyrics.....

He'll turn the page....

Something that gets me moving on again.....

I'll let this be over and done....

Maybe i should just walk away.....

Get on my feet and start again.....

Living life with no regrets, the best hasn't happened yet.....

Strikes me as a song about someone who has been beaten almost into submission, wondering if they can go one, even get out of bed, but then they say screw you, pick themselves up and go on and that the person who hurt them won't win.

this would be more like his relationship with his SD. It would be something he could;ve sung when he changed his name and decided to not bother with SD anymore.

That explains it then for me. I think the songs is rather catchy, but this is one time when I hear the glory note, I kind of cringe and it seems a little misplaced or something

I really love WINY I've listened to it several times. Wasn't it recorded with the MOAM songs?

Yup...it would be intersting to compare it with current Clay and the production.

about the cringing...I think its suppose to make the listener cringe a bit..it is an angry glory note IMO.

Ldyj is kicking us out of her house!!!

Thanks for the party!! It was fun. I love discussing his music. I love analyzing the lyrics and hearing others share their thoughts and I love hearing those who know more about music that me talk about that aspect.

And I love listening to Clay sing!!!

Man I love this album. I can't remember the last time I liked an album this much - and I was afraid I wouldn't like it after QVC!

How do we get this album to have legs? How do we get it be heard? How do we get it to be successful????

Wow!

I really need to clean up my computer!

Drag some stuff to the external HD.

Really slow!

This was fun!

Thank y'all so much for doing this!

I loved it!

And enjoyed reading everyone's ideas, thoughts, reactions!

G'Night!

The only problem I have with this thought is I don;t think clay wants to give that whole incident any significance in his life. This sounds like someone that was really part of his life or the composers life...hee.

But Ansa, he may not want to give it any significance but the truth is, it was significant. I can only imagine how it made him feel. I often think his trip to Slovenia et.al. was him being taken away by his friend to get him away from it all because it was having a very significant affect on him. He's human and I don't see how that couldn't have had a significant affect on him.

He got past it. He didn't allow it to ruin his life, but there must have been time he just felt like hiding under his covers and never coming out.

Ldyj is kicking us out of her house!!!

Well, not really....if you want to keep talking, that's fine. It's just that the host needs some sleep!

How do we get this album to have legs? How do we get it be heard? How do we get it to be successful????

I wish it was a simple as "we" doing stuff. Unfortunately, it's so complicated to answer. I just hope that it DOES become successful, whether "we" do it or now.

But Ansa, he may not want to give it any significance but the truth is, it was significant. I can only imagine how it made him feel. I often think his trip to Slovenia et.al. was him being taken away by his friend to get him away from it all because it was having a very significant affect on him. He's human and I don't see how that couldn't have had a significant affect on him.

He got past it. He didn't allow it to ruin his life, but there must have been time he just felt like hiding under his covers and never coming out.

I can see both sides to this. It's definitely part of his history (as much as Clay, and the fandom, doesn't like that), so in a way, this song could be his way to exorcise a few demons. OTOH, I'm with Ansa that giving the Head Gnat the time of day gives him way too much power.

I'm just glad the HE did get past it. He's a strong man, that Clay Aiken.