#36: It ain't my life, just my passion!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like our next thread title to be?

• Whatta man, whatta man, whatta mighty good man...
    • And the biggest protection of all will be love
    • Tell me another person that's ever gone through the Idol mill with such gifts.
    • Clay is the master lemonade maker
    • If you don't get Clay, no explanation is possible, and if you do, no explanation is necessary.
    • And--just on general principles--I love Clay.
    • muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • the class clown got to be the star
    • Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores
    • when the sweetsingerman finds a style he likes he buys a dozen!!!!

Couchie - Someone mentioned the Neti Pot. A variation of that is the Neil Med Sinus Rinse. I use this twice a day without fail, and it helps both with allergies and to prevent sinus infections. You can find this product at Walgreens, WalMart, Safeway, CVS, RiteAid, Longs, etc. etc. No, I don't have stock in this company, but I have found it immensely helpful.

Scarlett, I don't think you're being snotty at all! I'm glad for your good health. I'm planning on getting better and being able to say that I'm really healthy and pain-free, too! And I really like your thoughts about music that's good for dreaming and deep thought.

FCA surpassed 1000 members today. I know it's just a highly symbolic number and people have come and gone or registered for certain things like our contests or pin forums in the early days..but still.. to paraphrase Celie in The Color Purple ..We're Here! And we're not just here I think we're thriving and it's a joy to read ya'll every day. Carry on!

:09: :laola0: :ura: :bier: :balloons:

Hi LonelyNoMore! Glad you swung by again. I also like being able to listen to OMWH anytime I want, in the best format available which is an original CD, so the small mp3 players I suggested aren't for me either. I was thinking more of people now who aren't already Clay Aiken fans but might could use a good song or two.

Mainly I'm pondering the value of a Music Pass that you have to go to a brick-and-mortar store for and then download from an online store (2 different events/trips!) vs one of these preloaded with OMWH, priced at probably $20-$25 in a nice little gift box. Apart from the download culture today, I think gifting CD's has a bit of negativity to it --> on a special occasion, it's a "cheap gift" and when there's no occasion, it's "pushing my taste in music".

*sends a virtual backrub to Gibby!*

{{{Everyone in pain or discomfort}}}

Yay us!!! And thanks, couchie and ansa!!! (will there be an open bar tonight?) :manynanas: :04:

FCA surpassed 1000 members today. I know it's just a highly symbolic number and people have come and gone or registered for certain things like our contests or pin forums in the early days..but still.. to paraphrase Celie in The Color Purple ..We're Here! And we're not just here I think we're thriving and it's a joy to read ya'll every day. Carry on!

:09: :laola0: :ura: :bier: :balloons:

:laola0: :laola0: :laola0: :laola0:

And since I happen to know the lucky FCA member #1000 (and some of you do too), all we have to do is try and convince her to post - at least one time!

It may not be easy. She isn't called my lurker friend for nothing!

ETA: Ooooo Gibby!!! One of my favorite pictures and my all time favorite look!!!

Sitting in my living room, listening to a playlist I love, gotta agree with Scarlett about how good it is just to relax with some good music...

Nasal irrigation - makes me remember the first time I was introduced to it about 6 years ago...I had the WORST chronic sinus infection - had been going on for almost a year - worked my way through the penicillins, the sulfas, cephalosporins, the Z packs...I lived in my ENT's office. One day I had an appointment and he was out and his dad (who graduated from UT-Galveston back in 1951) was covering for him. He was clearly been bored with retirement because he took my entire history with glee, thought for a second, then his eyes lit up. "Nasal lavage" he says to the nurse, and gives me an evil grin. At that point, I was willing to try anything. He gave me a giant stainless bowl to hold and told me to tilt my head. I eyed him with only a little suspicion but obeyed. He then stuck a hose in one nostril and apparently ran what felt like 15 gallons of mentholated saline through my head. It was probably the most unpleasant couple of minutes I can remember...especially when I looked in the bowl at what came out of my head...but I haven't had a sinus infection since. I've never heard anything bad about nasal irrigation and lots of good - a neri pot is probably a good place to start.

Oh, yes, it's a great pic, isn't it, CG?

Hi, CG's lurker friend! Welcome! :welcome22:

It's easy to start posting. You could even just post an emoticon for your first post, like this one: :medium-smiley-048:

Or this one: :giveflowers:

Or even this one: :rainbowsmile:

*sends a virtual backrub to Gibby!*

Oooh, Scarlett can I get in line behind Gibby? :lilredani:

CG's lurker friend is #1000?!?!??!? :clap::yess: C'mon, huuunnnney, you can do it... :whistling-1: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hubby, Carrie and a Carrie softball buddy and I are heading out to a local Art and Wine festival today---small town tents selling local crafts, food tasting, two stages of bands playing music in tribute to various bands--Heart, U2, Beatles, Santana, Sting, etc....

Should be fun....

Have a good Sat., everybody! Couchie, I hope you find some relief :F_05BL17blowkiss: ---BUT I ain't even going to comment on nasal irrigation, thank you... :unsure:

:cryingwlaughter:

Later dudettes! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I posted a link to the Nasal rinse kit upthread . . .

ETA:

or the Sinus Irrigator

NeilMed

I've used this and it is very helpful. The most aggravating thing to me is keeping the Distilled Water on hand. You can microwave water, just make sure it cools!! (The NeilMed Kit explains everything very well.)

:)

Man, you guys are totally grossing me out with the snot talk today. Allergies for me are one of two things: running nose and eyes, or angioedema.

BWAH...ok thanks guys for all the suggestions. I will definitely try until I find something that works. We need a few pretties to put a few degrees between this topic and Clay heee.

post-3-1214679503_thumb.jpgpost-3-1214679475_thumb.jpgpost-3-1214679457_thumb.jpgpost-3-1214679590_thumb.jpg

tequilla..now that's something I can get behind LOL!!

Why wait until tonight to celebrate with an open bar? Let's get this partay started!!!!!!!

:laola0: :partytime: :ura: :partytime: :laola0:

varietes_de_tequila_.jpg

And let's not forget to invite this guy:

gallery_11_15_186809.jpg

I love his hair in this pic!!!

YAAAY to the 1000th member! I'll have a drink in honor od FCA tonight when we go out!!

And YAAAY - we just finished up the brakes on the Morgan!!redcar.gif

Off to shower and make bean dip!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Mainly I'm pondering the value of a Music Pass that you have to go to a brick-and-mortar store for and then download from an online store (2 different events/trips!) vs one of these preloaded with OMWH, priced at probably $20-$25 in a nice little gift box. Apart from the download culture today, I think gifting CD's has a bit of negativity to it --> on a special occasion, it's a "cheap gift" and when there's no occasion, it's "pushing my taste in music".

Today I had an exterminator in to discuss termites!! Yes I have them in a small section of my kitchen (see what I get for remodeling) and he gave me a quote........when I got up of the floor I said yes do it. I don't have much choice. As he was filling out the paperwork he said "I notice your screensaver is Clay Aiken"! I told him I was a huge fan. He said his wife was also a fan, had been since AI2. She kind of followed his career, knew he had a charity and worked with UNICEF, liked his singing etc but had not bought his new CD! Well I just happened to have a spare one (or was it keepingfaith's*g*) and I gifted him one to give her! Scarlett was that pushing?

By the way that pic up there...one of the best evah!!!!!!! (IMHO)

Today I had an exterminator in to discuss termites!! Yes I have them in a small section of my kitchen (see what I get for remodeling) and he gave me a quote........when I got up of the floor I said yes do it. I don't have much choice. As he was filling out the paperwork he said "I notice your screensaver is Clay Aiken"! I told him I was a huge fan. He said his wife was also a fan, had been since AI2. She kind of followed his career, knew he had a charity and worked with UNICEF, liked his singing etc but had not bought his new CD! Well I just happened to have a spare one (or was it keepingfaith's*g*) and I gifted him one to give her! Scarlett was that pushing?

Oooh...sorry about the termites! Yikes! If the exterminator's wife is a fan it isn't pushing IMO.

It's a little early for me to party, but I hope I get to partake later on tonight. :juul:

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Oooh...sorry about the termites! Yikes! If the exterminator's wife is a fan it isn't pushing IMO.

hee merrieeee you should have pushed him right to his local record store in exchange for getting the contract :cryingwlaughter:

merrieee, sorry to hear about your termites -- but good for you on the OMWH passoff! Hee.

Well, I guess Clay didn't sing at the wedding itself. Maybe at the reception though? Hee. And if Clay was there, he had to wear black or white!

Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Ruben Studdard!

Awww - Ruben looked good and his bride's dress was beautiful! I still hope Clay was there. And Clay in black and white - :hubbahubba:

Came home from a garden art show to a kitchen overrun with ants. What a mess. I can't spray that noxious ant-killer stuff because of my cats so I just drowned them in Windex! It worked. And it always happens on the weekends when the pest control company is closed!!!!

A party tonite? Think I'll have gin and tonic instead of my usual white wine!!! It's that kind of day! I'll bring some appetizers later.

And welcome to CG's lurker friend!!!!

Hugs for everyone's kitchens!!! (Mine is ok, just overrun with dishes)

merrieeee, did you have the termites sign a non-disclosure agreement? Is there such a thing as a kitchen-warming party? I hear Kareneh will be back in town in a few weeks. BTW, I don't consider this as pushing because she's a known fan. Gifts are supposed to be things that the recipient likes.

merrieeee, did you have the termites sign a non-disclosure agreement?

Scarlett, I told them that "What goes on in this kitchen stays in this kitchen!!" So Kareneh! will be bak(u) soon. :cryingwlaughter: It looks like another partay is in order at my joint! Now if I can just get my DH to get the media room done we will be kikkin' some you know what!!!!! Is 52" big enough ............tv that is!

Hellllllooooo everyone!

After a couple of weeks in the dumper about my 'fan-y self' (no point in going into detail there and, no, it's not a statement about the size of my butt), besides taking a bit of a step away intensity-wise, I figured I had such a habit of checking the boards every day that I'd have a hard time going cold turkey. Soooo, I've been searching around for a place to hang out that seemed to be a happy place. Like it or not, after following several boards for a few weeks, FCA seemed to fit the bill.... so here I am! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'd like to start off with a question though. I checked out my profile and wondered if that's some kind of auto-thing. It showed as "dog walker". Given that my main hobby involves running full tilt with my dogs on an agility course, that just made me giggle (which proves you guys are off to a good start).

Welcome gothedistance.

Dogwalker is just a designation that you're a newbie. It all has to do with Clay's "service staff!" As you get more posts your description will change! It's all good.

And to further welcome you, I think a pretty picture is in order:

vegas.jpg

I'd like to start off with a question though. I checked out my profile and wondered if that's some kind of auto-thing. It showed as "dog walker". Given that my main hobby involves running full tilt with my dogs on an agility course, that just made me giggle (which proves you guys are off to a good start).

Heee I don't know FCA..I think we're 2 for 2 lately of those that actually like being a dogwalker. I hope you don't like it so much that you don't post because once you hit 51 posts you get to guard Clay's body!

Hmmm just reading about your running hobby made me tired. I think I'll drag my body away from work/checking the board to get some polluted air that will only make my allergies worse. :cryingwlaughter:

Welcome Gothedistance!

ETA: Quite a few people have said they have stepped away for a bit lately. Honestly, that's a good thing (although honestly the closest I've come to stepping away is just cutting down)..sorta like how I diet.

Hey gothedistance! I recognize that name! Welcome to you!

As far as your question goes, your "dog walker" setting is part of the "ranks" of membership around here. For the record, you'll be a dog walker until you write post number 51...when you'll become a "body guard." The other rankings are "personal manager" (501 posts); Executive Producer (1001 posts); "Chairman" (2501 posts); and "Stylist" (5001 posts).