#36: It ain't my life, just my passion!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like our next thread title to be?

• Whatta man, whatta man, whatta mighty good man...
    • And the biggest protection of all will be love
    • Tell me another person that's ever gone through the Idol mill with such gifts.
    • Clay is the master lemonade maker
    • If you don't get Clay, no explanation is possible, and if you do, no explanation is necessary.
    • And--just on general principles--I love Clay.
    • muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • the class clown got to be the star
    • Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores
    • when the sweetsingerman finds a style he likes he buys a dozen!!!!

Poop. I missed out on your montage, kf...all used up now.

It was much more fun in the early years before I became so wary and distrustful. But I am aware of this ...... and when things get to me, i back off and become that fan again
. Forgive me for not remembering who said this upthread, but dang! It's hard to keep track these days! Anyhoo, although this was written by a fan, I get the feeling that this could be a CLAY quote...about his own relationship with celebrity and fame.

amazing quilts, laljeterfan! I admire anyone with the focus and stay-with-it-ness to do something like that!

This? :013085001176249046:

Hmmm....I demand equal opportunity emoticons! I've never thought the man HAS much of a butt (yes, I know about JBT and NaT06 PANTS!)...

HOWEVER....

On the flip side, that is...

To be right UP FRONT on this issue....

I'm going to be STRAIGHT UP and explain....

Gonna get A LOAD off my shoulders and tell you...

I'll wrap it up in a neat PACKAGE and clarify what I'm talkin' 'bout....

We need an emoticon that expresses without words just what I love about Clay's body! :sleezy::hubbahubba:

He has killer lips, doesn't he? :lilredani:

This? :013085001176249046:

Hmmm....I demand equal opportunity emoticons! I've never thought the man HAS much of a butt (yes, I know about JBT and NaT06 PANTS!)...

HOWEVER....

On the flip side, that is...

To be right UP FRONT on this issue....

I'm going to be STRAIGHT UP and explain....

Gonna get A LOAD off my shoulders and tell you...

I'll wrap it up in a neat PACKAGE and clarify what I'm talkin' 'bout....

We need an emoticon that expresses without words just what I love about Clay's body! :sleezy::hubbahubba:

He has killer lips, doesn't he? :lilredani:

BWAH! Why yes, yes he does! :whistling-1::preachit:

Dang- gotta go to a graduation party. One of my gazillion cousins' gazillion kids. Makes me feel old! Later! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Muski, are you sure? I can't imagine it's been downloaded enough this morning to be used up. Hey I just checked and it was still downloadable at http://www.sendspace.com/file/x6hitx

I was seeing the universal love in his eyes -- and that song expressed my desire to hold him like Bernadette would do. I do love him, you know.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FEAR! :bday2: :smiley_84:

Okay, Couchie, you must have put this one in just for MEEEEEE:

:thsmilies-6728:

Muski

He has killer lips, doesn't he?
You're fibbing there girl!!!!! Remember what happened to Pinocchio!!!!

May I just jog your memory there a little bit.....

socks.jpg

Isn't it his biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig feet that gets your motor running?

:cryingwlaughter:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FEAR!

:hb2: :hb2: :hb2:

I have to say that Fear is definitely not afraid of everything! She and I went together on the huuuuuge 'New York, New York' roller coaster in Las Vegas right after we met. Lucky and crimsonice were on the coaster, too. It was great fun!

This new emoticon cracks me up: :claysbutt-1:

Muski

He has killer lips, doesn't he?
You're fibbing there girl!!!!! Remember what happened to Pinocchio!!!!

May I just jog your memory there a little bit.....

socks.jpg

Isn't it his biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig feet that gets your motor running?

:cryingwlaughter:

Cool - MATCHING SOX!!!

that's my photo y'all!! :thbighug-1: :lilredani::imgtongue:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FEAR!!

thBirthdayCakeClay.gifhappybirthday21gi.gif

Ok...keepingfaith..I just tried again and it's downloading now. Weird. Before the screen read that the free download had expired. Maybe I accidentally clicked on a sales link or something.

Happy, Happy Birthday to FearofH20!! :rainbowsmile::party045:

There seem to be quite a few FCA women who share the Cancer zodiac sign....

Wonder what that means? :huh:

HBD, fear!!!

:bday:

Aww, what a beautiful montage, keepingfaith!!! Will we be seeing some more from you? ... whipped cream, cherries, etc.

Here's a more permanent link to it. (hope this is ok, kf) And btw, :clap: :clap: :clap:

When we voted on those songs (for whatever reason) I was torn because those 3 songs were exactly the ones I was going to suggest. Because of your montage, I now really want to hear Hallelujah (Wainwright version). Besides I've always had a David thing. The best of course would be to hear all three because Amazing Grace would be Amazing! and WAMLAW has always been a huge favorite.

Thanks for the cute new icons, Couchie!!!

Didn't realize we had 2 versions of this (thanks Gibby!), but why is this one

:013085001176249046:

named, "013085001176249046"? Was it in prison or something?

Thanks for showing us your gorgeous quilts, lajeterfan!!! Did you do the heart flowers too? (yes, I really was noticing the squares that didn't have his face, LOL!)

*high-fives Gibby, fear, luckiest and crimsonice on the NYNY coaster* Did you try the one on top of the Stratosphere too?

ETA: Play and Muski, I always thought I was a prematurely born Leo.

OMG Scarlett (sweetie!) Wainwright's version of Hallelujah is one of my very favoritest non-Clay songs. :F_05BL17blowkiss: You listen to that song and think Leonard Cohen and then you listen to Song for Bernadette and you wonder what Cohen was thinking.......what a songwriter. The man is a genius.

This is when the butt was teenier.......

mJeansButt.jpg

Still think it was cute, even back then, Iseeme!!!

That song was why I was searching for Shrek last night even though *slaps forehead* I have it on DVD... I think it would be stunning with someone's VOICE!

kf, that montage was simply lovely. Beautiful song, and the pictures/clips you chose, divine. Of course, you had a good subject. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Ah, the striped socks. I love the striped socks. For Christmas one year, I gave all my Clay friends a pair of striped socks. I still wear mine all the time, and amazingly, they are one of the few pair of knee socks that stay up!

Thanks for all the butt pictures, although I still believe that he really didn't DEVELOP a butt until he appeared in Spamalot. IMO, he had no junk in that trunk until that point. (Now, from the front...different story. The trunk area was, um...um...prominent....)

jamar, you're not old...you're just well seasoned. I like you that way.

Very nice, laljeterfan! I have no doubt that he loved it!!

laljeterfan, those are gorgeous quilts. My ggrandmother was a quilter and when she died she left every member of the family one of her quilts, even the babies. We still have them, and though she's been gone for over 50 years, they're still exquisitely beautiful and she couldn't have left us anything more precious.

I'm a quilter too, and I wish my kids felt this way. I'm not sure who I'll leave my quilts too...but it WILL be someone who will appreciate them.

Interestingly, I have three quilts which were my grandmother's. They originally emigrated from France to Ontario via Manitoba (which is where most of my relatives, and a family farm are). As I was the only survivor at the time she died that appreciated them, they were given to me. When I moved from out West they returned to Ontario, which I think is quite fitting. They went West in a covered wagon with Louis Riel....they returned to Ontario in a bit more modern mode of transport with someone not nearly so celebrated. :lol: I still like to think they came home. They are pretty much in daily use.

Here's a couple I did as BAF fundraisers in a similar vein as laljeter's:

This is Measure of a Man....front:

0fe54cb6.jpg

...back and label:

108_0821.jpg

and, This is the Night front (I don't have a picture of it finished, unfortunately, except for the back!)

108_0823.jpg

...and back and label:

108_0825.jpg

The words to the songs are quilted into the quilts.

When we were asked to vote for what song we wanted Clay to sing (what the heck was that for, anyway??? I heard that When A Man Loves A Woman but the whole thing just faded away) THAT was the song I wanted to hear Clay sing! I would also like to hear him sing You Raise Me Up.

Oh wow - those quilts are beautiful. I've never used the photocopy thing on any of my quilts.....is it difficult? My son loves my quilts and so does my g-daughter so they'll get whatever they want. I also have alot of friends that have earmarked certain quilts - hah! My mother-in-law (been divorced from her son for 100 years at least) gave me the quilt her mother-in-law gave her as a wedding gift - Double Wedding Ring, machine pieced and hand-quilted....said I was the only one who would appreciate it. I was dumbfounded and quite humbled by the gift. But my g-daughter will eventually get it and it will stay in the family.

Oh wow - those quilts are beautiful. I've never used the photocopy thing on any of my quilts.....is it difficult? My son loves my quilts and so does my g-daughter so they'll get whatever they want. I also have alot of friends that have earmarked certain quilts - hah! My mother-in-law (been divorced from her son for 100 years at least) gave me the quilt her mother-in-law gave her as a wedding gift - Double Wedding Ring, machine pieced and hand-quilted....said I was the only one who would appreciate it. I was dumbfounded and quite humbled by the gift. But my g-daughter will eventually get it and it will stay in the family.

No, it's not difficult at all to do the "photocopy onto fabric" thing. There are a number of different products you can use to set the colour. I like Bubblejetset the best. You just soak cotton fabric in the liquid....iron it dry....generally, iron it onto plastic-backed freezer paper so that it will feed through your printer OK...and cut it into 8.5 x 11 sheets.

Printers which use dye-based inks are the best; mine does not, but they still come out fine. One of the things I will buy myself eventually is an Epson printer which uses dye-based inks in separate containers for each colour. Some day.

You can also purchase printer fabric sheets which are pre-treated, although they are exceedingly expensive.

It's nice to have a nice, quiet Sunday morning to wake up to...

Oh hell, it's Sunday afternoon!

OK, it's nice to have a nice, quiet Sunday afternoon to wake up to!

Weight...This is song, especially "unbreakable" and "down, down, down" - those are the hookiest parts of the entire album as far a I'm concerned - as for the sentiment, hell, I don't think the Beatles originated it either - I tend to think of it as a phase that hopefully every teenager ever born goes through - "Man, the world is horrible! Why haven't you other people noticed!?!? I'm a tad depressed." along with the "We are the only ones to have ever been in love like this because my love is unique and special and you don't understand" phase and the "OMG! You parents don't understand anything! The world is radical different from the stone age when you were young - my stupid decisions will have a completely different outcome!" There are a couple different phrases - the "lightening, frightening, morning feels like war" that resonate a little with me - but the rest? Again, if it weren't Clay Aiken singing it, I would be "no, dude - you and about a 6 or 7 billion other people felt that way before." But honestly, I only think about the lyrics on the board - I sing along with it cheerily and hit repeat repeatedly!

Couchie you are gonna have to come up with better chick flicks! Does the War of the Roses count as a chick flick? I liked that one a lot. Especially the end.

Hey newbies! I read all your stuff and apparently agree with much of it as I am not feeling an urge to get all up in your grills! Excellent!

Scarlett darling, dream on of being a Leo - so many do!

Post-whoring to add another pic I just found in my PB for iseeme...picture of me and my last group of students before I moved...with two quilts they did as a round robin project under my direction. There were 12 in the group, not everyone in this pic obviously.

107_0787.jpg

Good Afternoon!

We are back from the morning at the beach. That Droopy dog is one more Swimming doggie! So cute! You should see him jump the waves, too!

Anyhoo - you know how swimming and sun and wind makes you tired! I am wiped out!

Too wiped out to comment on WOTW. Except I love it.

And - THANK YOU for adding my :013085001176249046: emotiguy!

I mean - I brought it over. I didn't make it. I have no clue how to make emotiguys!

Latah!

Maybe after a nap!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

No, it's not difficult at all to do the "photocopy onto fabric" thing. There are a number of different products you can use to set the colour. I like Bubblejetset the best. You just soak cotton fabric in the liquid....iron it dry....generally, iron it onto plastic-backed freezer paper so that it will feed through your printer OK...and cut it into 8.5 x 11 sheets.

Printers which use dye-based inks are the best; mine does not, but they still come out fine. One of the things I will buy myself eventually is an Epson printer which uses dye-based inks in separate containers for each colour. Some day.

You can also purchase printer fabric sheets which are pre-treated, although they are exceedingly expensive.

FromClaygary, where do you get the freezer paper? I thought those were phased out because of all the Ziplocs and things? I completely ::heart:: your quilts, btw. Those are exquisite!!! Any chance of getting close-ups? :clap: :clap: :clap:

KAndre, I am what I am -- both Leo and Cancer, and will be whatever is more convenient in any given occasion. War of the Roses? I'm thinking more Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Is Lara Croft considered a chick flick?

Cotton, so you're the one we can blame thank for this! Hmmmph! (more please?) :013085001176249046:

Ansa, forgot to mention last night that I'm enjoying Guitar Hero too! (well I am... tho' I doubt my neighbors are)

ETA: Thanks, playbiller!

Yeah, if Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is a chick flick, I like it too - not so much Lara Croft.

You can't just stop being a Leo when it's convenient! Though I gotta admit, I can't picture a situation where it wouldn't be convenient to be a Leo...