#36: It ain't my life, just my passion!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like our next thread title to be?

• Whatta man, whatta man, whatta mighty good man...
    • And the biggest protection of all will be love
    • Tell me another person that's ever gone through the Idol mill with such gifts.
    • Clay is the master lemonade maker
    • If you don't get Clay, no explanation is possible, and if you do, no explanation is necessary.
    • And--just on general principles--I love Clay.
    • muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • the class clown got to be the star
    • Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores
    • when the sweetsingerman finds a style he likes he buys a dozen!!!!

Couchie you are gonna have to come up with better chick flicks! Does the War of the Roses count as a chick flick? I liked that one a lot. Especially the end.

oh jeeze.... does Romancing the Stone count? same actors! :cryingwlaughter:

Hey newbies! I read all your stuff and apparently agree with much of it as I am not feeling an urge to get all up in your grills! Excellent!
oooh the ultimate compliment!

Didn't like Romancing the Stone - not as much as Roses! Heh.

My Lonely Planet for Hong Kong, Macau & Guangzhou, Rough Guide to Hong Kong & Macau and 31 Languages of the World 2-CD set (including Mandarin and Cantonese)! I am ready to kick butt and take names!

I can't picture a situation where it wouldn't be convenient to be a Leo...

You know there is that charm thing, like when you meet a tyrannosaurus rex!

tyrannosaurus_rex.gif

Yay, for the HK guides/CDs!!! (How about an Asian movie marathon sometime, no chick flicks except for CTHD! Your place but I'll bring DVD's)

Hmmm...lots of different conversations going on...lovely quilts FromClaygary; I don't quilt but my MIL does or did...she made one from my oldest daughter when she was born. The only sewing I do is embroidery and not for a while, all the unfinished projects in the armoir in my bedroom with attest to that...really should get back to it.

Oh and I agree with you that Weight of The World could be a message to the fans, funny how a lot of the songs can be interpreted that way...

Finally got a pair of shoes for the Wedding; do you know how hard it is to find a pair of silver shoes without 4 inch heels...got them at Sears. So now, I just need to get the undergarments and jewelry and I am done.

So anyone else out there a Virgo?

Kim

Forgot...not really into chick flicks unless your count Casablanca my favorite movie of all time.

FromClaygary, where do you get the freezer paper? I thought those were phased out because of all the Ziplocs and things? I completely ::heart:: your quilts, btw. Those are exquisite!!! Any chance of getting close-ups? :clap: :clap: :clap:

No, it might have been, but I think the quilting industry kept it alive! :lol: It's still available in grocery stores, though, and definitely at your local quilt store.

...and sorry, no can do on the closeups...these are the only pics I have. Here is the link to my PB, though, which will let you see them a little larger than I can do them here. There are a couple of others there.

Scroll down a bit....Photobucket

ETA: Glad you like them!!

Finally got a pair of shoes for the Wedding; do you know how hard it is to find a pair of silver shoes without 4 inch heels...got them at Sears. So now, I just need to get the undergarments and jewelry and I am done.

Bwah! Aikim, I am picturing you showing up at the wedding dressed in nothing but high silver heels and underwear, with plenty of bling!

Claygary said:

QUOTE(Lotus @ Jun 29 2008, 02:24 AM)

From CH Raw Video of Ruben and his Fiance going into the church

They looked very nice! Her dress is beautiful!....but did anyone but me miss "our" Southern gentleman in Ruben? Just me then? His mama didn't teach him so well.

nope, not just you..noticed it right away....Clay's momma trained him well. Always the hand to help and guide.

I have been trying to keep up, but man you guys move fast!!!! This was from 2 pages back. I am so far behind I think I am first.....

But HI!

:thbighug-1:

Claygary said:

QUOTE(Lotus @ Jun 29 2008, 02:24 AM)

From CH Raw Video of Ruben and his Fiance going into the church

They looked very nice! Her dress is beautiful!....but did anyone but me miss "our" Southern gentleman in Ruben? Just me then? His mama didn't teach him so well.

nope, not just you..noticed it right away....Clay's momma trained him well. Always the hand to help and guide.

Exactly!! I'm glad it was not just me......and Hi!! about time you delurked!

Wow there are some crafty talented people on this board. Those are all magnificent. I'm so stupid..don't even know how ya'll get that stuff onto the material...so bravo.

Me either, couchie... :shrug: I am not very artisitic myself.

:clap::clap: To all of you talented ladies!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I'm missing something...what "Southern gentleman" thing did Ruben not do? Especially if the comment "his mama didn't teach him so well" goes along with it?

Bwah! Aikim, I am picturing you showing up at the wedding dressed in nothing but high silver heels and underwear, with plenty of bling!

Oh Lord, definately don't want to see me in my underwear! And the bling will be tastefully done; I am not much of a jewelry wearer...just my wedding rings and earrings but I figure I need to get a necklace of some sort.

What is funny is I never wear silver; my wedding rings are gold and I always wear gold earrings; so this is going to be a change for me.

Kim

Fear!! Clay has a message for you!!!

th_happybirthdayclay.jpg

:)

:013085001176249046:

If you'd like the renamed one - here's

:luvclaysbutt:

luvclaysbutt.gif

:)

ETA:

Ruben - I wondered at first, when I saw him drop her hand, but then I realized she dropped his hand to grab her skirt to go up or down a little step. Maybe he could have put his hand to her back, but I didn't see any big faux pas on his part.

I think Ruben's Mama did raise him right. He has always struck me as very polite.

Here are two of the classes I'll be teaching in the Fall. The pictures aren't too good, and the star quilt should be turned around (which I don't know how to do). The 2 1/2 inch Ohio Stars were a killer.

ForWebMemories_Of_Sisters.jpg

SomanyStarsForWeb.jpg

And this one was from an Australian quilt magazine....it's one of my favorites;

lgourcountryhome.jpg

Hee - looking through my Photobucket I found some emoties I'd forgotten about. Will post them in the emotie thread.

ETA: FromClaygary - thanks for the info on the photocopying.....I really need to try that some time. Oh, and we have freezer paper in our grocery stores, too. I use it to make templates for applique so always have some on hand. I wonder if a standard HP printer would work....

I love all the quilts - have never tried one, myself, but I certainly admire them!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to fearofh20! And yep, we did ride the roller coaster together in Vegas (but only the one, we blew the budget on shows). More recently, sat with fear & play at that Irish pub after the Spam finale (along with lots of other FCAers)......good times. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Funny, but remember how I say I'm not interested much in Clay's friends or assorted posses....that includes Ruben :cryingwlaughter: I have a singular focus hee ...exceptions include Jerome, Quiana and Ang...and suddenly for some reason his executive producer. I do love Hannah but that has nothing to do with Clay well except him getting that spam role of course.

Anyway remember that basketball that crashed into my patio door a couple of weeks ago..the wonderful probably expensive A's decorated ball that nobody had the nerve and come to ask for it back and well it ended up in a nice little home of a friend of my nephews and once it found a new home someone came and asked for it adn I was like..oh that was YOUR basketball..had no clue..gave it to some kids. Well they must have a new one because they are once again playing basketball in the house and on the balcony. I hope it doesn't land down here again. I might have to go into business. Yes I can be mean. Now off to the official official birthday party...20 6 year olds swimming..should be fun. Think I'll take a book.

So anyone else out there a Virgo?

Why yes I am! Unlike some people I have no aspirations to be anything alse!

Lovely quilts. In my pre-Clay days I used to do a lot of things like that! Now I seem to be doing a lot of Clay related things. Like today I didn't need to go to Target but I passed one and the steering wheel just turned! I found the MusicPass in this store right with all the others at beginning of the row. They are $12.99 so I had to buy one....ok two. If anyone cannot get one let me know.

I miss Clay!!!

*high-fives Gibby, fear, luckiest and crimsonice on the NYNY coaster* Did you try the one on top of the Stratosphere too?

Didn't have time, unfortunately. That was such a fun trip - it was like a great big Clayfan reunion! There were lots of people to meet. And of course, we had to make time to see the hawtsingerman, too!

I'm a Pisces, and proud of it. I remember that there are some other Pisces on this board, but I don't remember who they are.

Heeee, my hubby just saw the 'I love Clay's butt' emoticon and asked if I really do love Clay's butt. I told him the truth - his butt is better than Clay's! I do enjoy pics of Clay's backside, but hubby definitely has a better one, and better legs, too. Course, that might just be my perception because I haven't pinched Clay's butt, but I certainly have pinched hubby's butt!

:cryingwlaughter:

So... how long would it take a complete and total newbie to make a quilt like those? Complete newbie -- went to my first guild meeting last week, actually was just "visiting" but everyone was so nice I signed up. They did give me 6 quilting magazines for free.

Gibby, Hee! it's a matter of loving not ranking. From a strictly technical pov, Jesse's is, well, ... you know it got into my viewfinder a lot but it was Clay's fault (like everything :rolleyes: is)

Thanks for the nice birthday wishes. I believe I've met a lot of you one place or another although I must admit Las Vegas was a fun time. We had the FCA breakfast and the Clay Nation party and after the show snacks. And that combination of Clay Aiken and ice skating was amazing. Absolutely loved it.

Didn't we do the family rate on the roller coaster despite a few, luckiest and crimson having Canadian accents and gibby and I having American accents? It was a really good coaster.

The last night of Spamalot was something else. Will we ever forget that waving from the Schubert or all the actors sitting down when Clay was breading the ribbons. And later meeting up at the pub.

There are so many good memories of the last five years. And here's hoping for so many more. I've enjoyed meeting each and every one of you and I hope to meet many more of you. Good times and good friends. :04:

Virgos Unite! Hee.

Has anyone seen either georgiaclay or Meesa lately? 'Cause it's their birthdays too! Happy birthday ladies!

Yep, still loving WOTW. Loving. I think I need to listen again....

WOTW - this one has really grown on me, too. Love to listen to it in the car, LOUD. :) I really like the low notes he hits, like "war", "they're right". I love the "crashing through the sky" lyric. It's just such a catchy song, especially the chorus.