#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

Or pulling quotes from a conversation that occurred 24 hours ago and is long past discussion......

Oh, I thought that no one but a mod got to decide when something is no longer under discussion....anyway, logically and in the interests of being fair, those who work or travel should be just as entitled to respond about stuff they have just read as those who read it right when it was posted. IMO, etc. (Scurries away to see if there are expiration date guidelines somewhere).

...and please don't forget the international members who live in the opposite time zone!

When I first found FCA, I had planned to be mainly a lurker. But when I found the members to be so generous in sharing what they had with someone in my situation, I wanted to be a part of this board and to contribute to it.

However, even being the night-owl that I am, it is still really difficult to always be a part of discussions in "real" time when I really have to be sleeping or working or simply doing all the hum-drum stuff that goes hand-in-hand with life. I know sometimes I am guilty of dredging up an old (like... VERY old) discussion but please understand that there's lots of stuff that may be old to the majority here, but not to someone who is new to this board or new to the fandom. There's still so much that is common-knowledge to most of you that is new to me. I find lots of surprises when I read this board, and I am so grateful to those of you who PM or email me with stories that I knew nothing about. It's a slow process but I intend to catch up ....

I won't even explain what changed so that those who still believe that gg and I are "regular" people can continue believing so...

Updated file: Merrillville IBHFCMedley

But actually, I'd like everyone to know the level of care and attention to detail that the "Best of" series from Luckiest1 and goldarngirl get. Luvya both! :thbighug-1:

And this too: :Iluvclaysbutt:

*Calls out, "Whoooo" to playbiller*

I won't even explain what changed so that those who still believe that gg and I are "regular" people can continue believing so...

Updated file: Merrillville IBHFCMedley

But actually, I'd like everyone to know the level of care and attention to detail that the "Best of" series from Luckiest1 and goldarngirl get. Luvya both! :thbighug-1:

And this too: :Iluvclaysbutt:

*Calls out, "Whoooo" to playbiller*

Thanks a lot Scarlett appreciate it bunches two for you :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: hey look they're in sync :hysterical:

Hey, Scarlett, I have 3 big bags of Cheez doodles sitting on my dining room table. Out os sight, out of mind, heh.

Aaaah!!! Instead of counting sheep, I'll be watching bags of Cheez doodles fly by. :hysterical:

BTW, any chance of seeing one of those when I get to your place next Friday? (Eeeee! It's next Friday already!) *attempts to look like AI2 puppy-dog Clay*

goldarngirl, as Clay would say -- they're cyclically in sync!!! :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: More pickiness... I actually used mosquito nets as a child and I noticed that Clay just spread them to the floor. As I recall, part of the tucking in process for me was to tuck the bed net edges under the mattress all 'round -- so that the bugs won't find a way in under the net. Is that being too picky?

ETAA: How did I forget to say this... stunningly gorgeous banner, cindilu2!!! :clap:

EYATA: :offtobed:

Maybe the bio for Spamalot could be written from a Parker POV - "my dad poops his pants louder than I do."

Way louder.

by: Parker Aiken - I taught my dad the fine art of pants pooping.

Geez. I had TWO beers. I've become a lightweight.

bwah..

Heidi was clearly joking although I think Clay would laugh his ass off over it. If Clay just wanted to add two lines to his old bio he would have done it himself. He wants a creative NEW bio and I'm quite sure someone in Clay Nation will do it justice.

Claytonic..so glad you didn't stay a lurker. For any newbies, if you click on the FCA glossary on the right under the banner..you'll see some of Claytonic's helpful work!!

heee congrats Desertrose!! changing avators is a good thing.

Good morning, y'all! (some can spell)

:nature-smiley-014:

*looks around* Did I really beat merrieeee? Maybe I don't need a 4th alarm clock after all... :image13:

On a more serious note, (or looking beyond the white pants...)

Last night I was at a United Way Campaign launch and I so wanted to ditch it. I wanted to go home. after all there was a new blog and lots of things to Eeeeeee about on the boards. I'd been to a lot of these in the past 14 years and MO was that instead of throwing an elaborate party to thank the "leadership donors" from last year, pat ourselves on the back and then ask for even more money this year why not just take whatever was going to be spent on the party and send it to the fund instead?

I'm glad I went though because we had a very good speaker who had a very moving story about how someone who normally didn't think of himself as a recipient of the fund had his life and his daughter's touched by it in an important way. He also pointed out how crucial it is to keep the fund growing every year. When you think about the numbers, it's easy go ho-hum yes we raised XXX amount last year and so what if we don't this year? What's the big deal, after all we are facing tougher times this year? Well in reality, that "so what" means that each program will have to turn away at least 1 person -- maybe a mom seeking to escape an abusive situation at home would be turned away from a shelter for lack of space, a child receiving after school care may have to go back to the streets, people relying on food from Target Hunger will have to go without for one more meal one more day. Or someone like his friend's daughter would not have an unknown person manning a crisis hotline who'll keep her on the phone for an hour an a half or just long enough for her parents get home to help.

I'm concerned because this translates to all programs everywhere, including the ones we support here like Unicef or TBAF. I hope that the tougher situation this year challenges all of us to find more creative ways and put more energy into going the extra step to cover those who can't participate this year in order to meet or exceed our goals because tough years mean that the need will be even greater out there.

Ha you may have posted before me but I've been here!

Lets hope for morenews today.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I love CA

::note no serious stuff from me:: :P

Can't prove it, though, except to the few who are here with us. And witnesses have a way of disappearing.... heh!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE me too!!!

:Iluvclaysbutt:

Nice thing about hugs is that giving one means getting one back! :thbighug-1:

Have a great day!!!

Good Morning Everyone,

9 Days until "Spam, Wonderful, Spam"

:woohoo:

17 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

38 Days until The BAF Gala!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I think the words are not the challenge. Just take his old bio and add the few things he has done since. The challenge and the creativity will come with how its written. We should remember that this is going to be read by a lot of NJUs (we hope!) and focusing on a kid many of them probably don't even know about wouldn't make sense. Either would any "inside" jokes. This bio cannot be Clay fan-centric. However it is written it should be in such a way that someone who has never heard of Clay (and there are many) or who haven't followed him at all will appreciate and understand. And in a way that might help promote interest in him perhaps. Getting too cutesy about Parker or having too many fan-centric jokes or comments would be a waste, IMO.

I think people can write whatever they want. Clay will be choosing the one he prefers, so he can decide what he thinks is appropriate. As for assumptions about Jaymes, again, I think that's up to him. If the bio has something he doesn't like, he won't choose it. Simple as that. It isn't that I don't agree with you about what the bio should be like, but I'm not sure what the point is in making sure that no one has any fun with the contest. Clay would probably enjoy some laughs while he's reading entries, even if they go into the reject pile afterwards.

Goodness- ITA!!!

Did y'all see that at Goodsearch, the search engine for charity stuff, it's CLAY! and the BAF who's highlighted as

Look who's doing good.

Goodsearch.Com

A purdy little picture on the home page and then, when you lick click on his purdy little face, it takes you to an even purdier bigger picture!

:hubbahubba:

Who's doing good? Heh....Parker is proof that this man's already done good...

and, no doubt, was good doing it.

:whistling-1:

I've had too much real life lately and have been posting too rarely, but wanted to bring over something I linked at CV late last night. I simply found it interesting, given all the hoopla that Clay's TV themes interlude got at last year's SRHPT:

'Tis a pity that Clay wasn't available for this gig *g*. He's a man ahead of his time.

USA Today

Emmys, Josh Groban will salute TV theme songs

By Bill Keveney, USA TODAY

LOS ANGELES — It's the story of a man named Groban, who is singing TV theme songs we all know.

In a musical tribute, singer Josh Groban will perform bits of memorable themes at the 60th Primetime Emmy Awards on ABC (Sept. 21, 8 ET/PT).

Groban, teaming up with executive producer Ken Ehrlich and musical director Greg Phillinganes, went over the song arrangements Monday in a studio where Frank Sinatra once recorded, in the iconic circular Capitol Records building. More than two dozen classic openings, including The Brady Bunch anthem, are in the four-minute-plus medley, with many choices being kept under wraps until Emmy night.

"Part of what's going to be fun is the unexpected," in both themes and arrangements, Groban says.

A bit under the weather, Groban didn't sing at the session, but whistled to a snippet from The Andy Griffith Show theme while sitting at the control room board. (The Griffith song actually has lyrics, which Groban will sing.)

The Emmy musical team compiled a list of about 50 classics before whittling down the selections. The Simpsons' and Friends' themes made the cut, but many choices are from an earlier era, before business and ratings strategies shortened or eliminated themes.

The songs are "all trigger points," Ehrlich says. "They remind you of things."

Groban, 27, hadn't been born when many shows were in their heyday, but he saw them in reruns growing up, and watches now while on tour, when he has "a whole lot of hotel room time."

"This has the potential to be a fun, great moment. It's full of nostalgia and nice surprises," Groban says, taking a break from a busy schedule that included singing at Nelson Mandela's 90th birthday concert in June in London.

Even though the TV medley varies greatly from the pop-classical sound associated with Groban, he's the right choice, Ehrlich says. "Josh has an incredible sense of humor, but beyond that he's interested in all kinds of music."

Groban, who was introduced to many fans via the small screen as a guest singer on Ally McBeal, says TV tunes don't always get the their due.

"Think how important they have been to the popular culture," he says. "You don't really hear the respect being given to these seemingly simple but memorable-forever themes."

It will be interesting to see what Groban does with this task. I can't quite see him doing "The Jeffersons" dance! *g*

Scarlett, that was indeed a thoughtful reminder about how everyone can help to make a difference. I hope you and our other Texans stay safe from Ike.

Did y'all see that at Goodsearch, the search engine for charity stuff, it's CLAY! and the BAF who's highlighted as

Look who's doing good.

Goodsearch.Com

A purdy little picture on the home page and then, when you lick click on his purdy little face, it takes you to an even purdier bigger picture!

:hubbahubba:

Who's doing good? Heh....Parker is proof that this man's already done good...

and, no doubt, was good doing it.

:whistling-1:

Thanks for posting this, it reminded me that I did not have GoodSearch as a search engine. I now do.

Scarlett, that was indeed a thoughtful reminder about how everyone can help to make a difference. I hope you and our other Texans stay safe from Ike.

Word.

I guess I'm not easily amused. I find a lot of the "humour" on the boards these days to be not so funny, but rather dismissive or disrespectful. I think 'snark' has seen better days.

Personally, I'd love it if someone who no one has ever heard of wins this contest! :)

I guess I'm not easily amused. I find a lot of the "humour" on the boards these days to be not so funny, but rather dismissive or disrespectful. I think 'snark' has seen better days.

Personally, I'd love it if someone who no one has ever heard of wins this contest! :)

Amen, sistah.

Not a funny joke, really.

Amen, sistah.

Not a funny joke, really.

Wow I had no idea that you would find this offensive. My apologies.