#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

No more Coldplay, please!!! Or I'm lugging in the "trashy but fun" collection... ooh you have Blu ray now! How about Blu ray "Talladega Nights"?!! :hysterical:

And we can have a potluck of anything perishable that we rescued from our freezers.

And a Guitar Hero / Rock Band marathon...

Or we can watch Clack.

... anyone want to hazard a guess which one we'll end up doing? :whistling-1:

Here are the numbers from CV:

On My Way Here -- released May 6, 2008

Week---------Tally (Rank)-----Source---------Total

Week 1: --- -92.887 ---- (#3) HDD ......94.121 --- (#4) Soundscan ---- 94,121 (includes street-date violations)

Week 2: --- -17,336 -- -(#22) HDD .....20,527 -- (#18) Soundscan -- 114,648

Week 3: --- -14,391 -- -(#39) HDD .....12,221 -- (#48) Soundscan -- 126,869

Week 4:--------------------------------------6,367 - (#106) Soundscan- - 133,236

Week 5:--------------------------------------3,994 - (#163) Soundscan- - 137,230

Week 6:----------------------------------.....3,000 - Off the Chart.......... - 140,000**

Week 7:----------------------------------.....2,000 - Off the Chart.......... - 142,000**

Week 8:----------------------------------.....1,400 - Off the Chart.......... - 144,000**

Week 9:----------------------------------.....1,200 - Off the Chart.......... - 145,000**

Week 10:--------------------------------.........900 - Off the Chart.......... - 146,000**

Week 11:--------------------------------.........700 - Off the Chart.......... - 146,000**

Week 12:--------------------------------.........700 - Off the Chart.......... - 147,000**

Week 13:--------------------------------.........600 - Off the Chart.......... - 147,000**

Week 14:--------------------------------.........600 - Off the Chart.......... - 148,000**

Week 15:--------------------------------.........900 - Off the Chart.......... - 149,000**

Week 16:--------------------------------.........800 - Off the Chart.......... - 150,000**

Week 17:--------------------------------.........600 - Off the Chart.......... - 150,000**

Week 18:

**Based on Rounded numbers from Ken Barnes Blog

We are at Week #18

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Thousand Different Ways - released September 19th, 2006

Week 104:---------------------------------........100 - Off the Chart.......... - 528,000**

**based on rounded numbers from Ken Barnes Idol Chatter Blog.

We are now at -- Week #105

Measure of A Man - released October 14th, 2003

We are now at -- Week #256

-------

May 22nd '06 UPDATE -- Sales through Apr. 23, 2006 = 2,742,989 copies sold

November 2007 UPDATE -- Sales through Nov. 28 2007 = 2,800,000 copies sold++

++This number is from Ken Barnes' Blog. Rounded Sales are just below 2.8M.

---------------------------------------------------

Dec. 20th, '06 -- ""Merry Christmas With Love"" UPDATE:

12-20-06 Soundscan

18 19 AIKEN*CLAY MERRY CHRISTMAS WITH LOVE 22,398 0 22,321

1,292,998 (total ""Merry Christmas With Love"" sales to date) *Note* -- does not include sales at Christian retailers

January 2008

1,400,000 (total ""Merry Christmas With Love"" sales to date) *Note* -- does not include sales at Christian retailers (this is from Ken Barne's Blog)

----------------------------------------------------

Jan. 3, 2008 -- "All Is Well"" UPDATE:

12-12-07 This number is from Ken Barnes' Blog

52,000 (total "All Is Well" sales to date.)

Sending out safe vibes to {{{{all in the possible path}}}} of Ike. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:hello:Jazzgirl - Thanks for bringing over that info about JG and TV theme songs. Interesting...

And thanks to ldyj for bringing over the QVC info.

You're welcome, Scarlett! I hope the rescheduled puppet show goes well. Also loved what you said here:

On a more serious note, (or looking beyond the white pants...)

Last night I was at a United Way Campaign launch and I so wanted to ditch it. I wanted to go home. after all there was a new blog and lots of things to Eeeeeee about on the boards. I'd been to a lot of these in the past 14 years and MO was that instead of throwing an elaborate party to thank the "leadership donors" from last year, pat ourselves on the back and then ask for even more money this year why not just take whatever was going to be spent on the party and send it to the fund instead?

I'm glad I went though because we had a very good speaker who had a very moving story about how someone who normally didn't think of himself as a recipient of the fund had his life and his daughter's touched by it in an important way. He also pointed out how crucial it is to keep the fund growing every year. When you think about the numbers, it's easy go ho-hum yes we raised XXX amount last year and so what if we don't this year? What's the big deal, after all we are facing tougher times this year? Well in reality, that "so what" means that each program will have to turn away at least 1 person -- maybe a mom seeking to escape an abusive situation at home would be turned away from a shelter for lack of space, a child receiving after school care may have to go back to the streets, people relying on food from Target Hunger will have to go without for one more meal one more day. Or someone like his friend's daughter would not have an unknown person manning a crisis hotline who'll keep her on the phone for an hour an a half or just long enough for her parents get home to help.

I'm concerned because this translates to all programs everywhere, including the ones we support here like Unicef or TBAF. I hope that the tougher situation this year challenges all of us to find more creative ways and put more energy into going the extra step to cover those who can't participate this year in order to meet or exceed our goals because tough years mean that the need will be even greater out there.

:welcome: out of lurkdom, Jemock, lalasusan & Penny!

I had a day from hell at work, homework when I got home, and then a few nice, cold, adult beverages. Now I'm ready to head :offtobed:

Talledega nights in BluRay.....yess!!!!!!! I have an extra guitar. Hurricane...what hurricane!!!

Have propane will cook!!!!

Extra guitar? Yesss!!! We can do...try ...attempt completely botch "Free Bird" -- LOL!

Propane rules!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Thanks for being our gracious hostess as always, merrieeee!!!

I hope the rescheduled puppet show goes well. Also loved what you said here:

I had a day from hell at work, homework when I got home, and then a few nice, cold, adult beverages. Now I'm ready to head :offtobed:

Thanks, annabear! Actually, it worked out well because this way we'll be better prepared. The puppets arrived today and we'll be able to practice a bit on Monday & Tuesday.

{{{Hugs to you}}} on your crummy work day. :hugs-1: and sweet dreams! :claydreaming_ClayIzzaQt:

I'm relaxing a bit before turning in by watching an early Brando marathon... alternating with that Unicef clip... it's getting really hot in here!!! *turns up the AC*

I think the words are not the challenge. Just take his old bio and add the few things he has done since. The challenge and the creativity will come with how its written. We should remember that this is going to be read by a lot of NJUs (we hope!) and focusing on a kid many of them probably don't even know about wouldn't make sense. Either would any "inside" jokes. This bio cannot be Clay fan-centric. However it is written it should be in such a way that someone who has never heard of Clay (and there are many) or who haven't followed him at all will appreciate and understand. And in a way that might help promote interest in him perhaps. Getting too cutesy about Parker or having too many fan-centric jokes or comments would be a waste, IMO.

I think people can write whatever they want. Clay will be choosing the one he prefers, so he can decide what he thinks is appropriate. As for assumptions about Jaymes, again, I think that's up to him. If the bio has something he doesn't like, he won't choose it. Simple as that. It isn't that I don't agree with you about what the bio should be like, but I'm not sure what the point is in making sure that no one has any fun with the contest. Clay would probably enjoy some laughs while he's reading entries, even if they go into the reject pile afterwards.

Sorry, but this is the first I have been online since last night and I had to comment on the bolded part of this post.

Please tell me where I suggested no one should have fun with this contest? I suggest earlier that it would be a riot to write in Monty Pythonesque humor! Let me quote myself (post # 782):

I hope the winner writes a really funny bio, with humor in the vein of Monty Python! Now that would be creative! If I had talent in that arena, that's what I would do! (And if someone steals my idea and wins they better share the prize with me!)

I also said the challenge in writing the bio would be in HOW it was written, not just the content. I cannot see how that could be taken as telling people not to have fun with it!

Obviously Clay will choose the one he wants but I don't think Clay is stupid and I think he KNOWS many others than his most loyal fans who fork out the money to get almost nothing from the OFC will be reading it and that inside jokes and information would be lost on them. Then again, maybe he's not as smart as I give him credit for, but somehow I doubt it!

And as someone who so values his privacy that he chose not to share with his loyal fans that he was expecting a baby even after TMZ broke the news, I would think it would just be respectful to leave out any speculation involving his personal life.

You seem to say that I have no right to dictate what people choose to write in their bios. I agree. I was only stating MY hopes and opinions. You noticed I used IMO in my post. I also used the words "I hope" in the part of my post you chose not to quote. No where did I say these are the rules - live with them! I was just expressing MY OPINION on what I HOPED people would include in their bios - whether humorous or serious.

Now I will go back and read the rest that I missed today. Just wanted to set the record straight.

Gee, sit down for a minute and you fall asleep - sort of woozie now

According to worldwidealbums.net the estimated sales including international sales for

A Thousand Different Waysis at least 644,500, up to 670,280

On My Way Here is at least 174,000, up to 180,960

Oh good grief. If anybody thinks my stupid post was a swipe at Clay, that's ridiculous. If anything, it's a parody of MY fangirliness, which is at times over the top.

I'll post it myself:

Maybe his bio should read like a CH recap:

OMG! Raleigh! Grape Dimatapp! Auto theft! Goat stuff! American Idol! PANTS!! He was ROBBED!!! Tour! OMG what was that MOVE!?!? Panties! Bubel-Aiken! Swoon! Release parties! Miss America! WTF Dick Capri?!? American Music Award YAY! Another tour! Grindage side seats OMG!! NYT Bestseller, that copy is MINE back off bitch!!! UNICEF! Holy crap his hair looks GOOOD!! Take my money, Clay!!!Take my check, but don't cash it until the 15th!!! The WORK!!! OMG!! He sings like an angel, get those damn dancers outta my sightline, GAWD!!! Aww, Clay and the chirren!!! Where's my thudmat?!?! Where are my ovaries?!?! He eyefucked multitudes!!! Another album?!?! Are we made of, money?!? holy shit I need 22 copies STAT!! What the fuck is wrong with amazon?!?! HDD is WHACK UGLY AND STUOOPID! AW, a new Christmas cd!!! He's like God's littlest angel, except with nice cheekbones and a really big peepee! that I want to seesee! ACK! His hair looks like POOO!!! My brain had a Clayfart! Eat some playdough! Go to the Gala with a nice dress and $80000 in pocket money!!! GAWD I HATE BEING POOR!!!!OOOh, look free Chrirstmas stories! YAY! Christmas + death +whimsical dead leeaches = paydirt!!!Farouche, get over here NOW and read this story!! Jaimie was all "OMG go-go-beewts, I laughed at that one, don't hold the book up too high and I was all "you talk to him like a normal person, and she was all Well, we try to, can you move your hand from between your legs to on your hip maybe, and we asked for black clothes but I'm sure irridescent pink will be fine too!!! Just read this story about the plight of the orphaned wingless pigeon colony at the North Pole and how they all died and Santa didn't get any of his catalog orders on time, so they were substituting FRUIT BASKETS!! OH THE HUMANITY!!! And OH the chirren were crying and saying "Dear Santa, bring me back my ez-bake you STUPID ASSHAT unless that GI Joe comes with a cute prom dress because I'm all out of Christmas cheer, if you know what I mean and I think that you do..and then OMG!!!Brett gave you something that beeped for lost car keys, and Faye gave you the space shuttle again -HA HA HA that never gets old, not even after 10 freakin years!!! BWAH!! Woohoo! *High five*Fast -Forward 2008--SPAMALOT!!! OMG! SWOON! THUD! LIMP! CHECK CREDIT CARD BALANCE!!l LOOK FOR SOMETHING TO HOCK!! omg! YODELING!!! Nice sweatshirt, Clay!! Oh, but wait! Makes lots of money, YAY!!! Fans AND NJUs love him, YAY!!! *Waves from the roof--GOODBYE CLAY!!!OMG WE LOVE YOU!!! Present Day: Oh lookie!!!! Little bittie baby!! Yay!! This poop doesn't look right?!?! Oh noes!!!Oh look! Some of that Brazilian bat poop drink! YUMM!!! Clay takes a break, hatches a baby Robin, rests a bit in the comfy home nest, and then BACK TO Nooo Yark Citie!! for even More a Lot of Spam! And in summation, Clay was cut from his high school musical, but he's not bitter. Not anymore. Amen.

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

Funniest thing I have read in a LONG time, Jemock - as is most everything I have ever read of yours! Thanks for posting it here. Loved every single word!!

Sometimes I think some here are too quick to judge and criticize and too slow to laugh.

The only funny bio in the playbill is John Cleese - and who would mess with the voice of God

John Cleese ([God) has had an aura of divinity since his teens, and his services as a heavenly voice are much in demand. Je voiced he Jehovah for the Fiddler onthe Roof, Kali for Bombay Dreams[/i andthe Buddha for Guys and Dolls. He founded the Church of JC Capatalist on his website (WWW.TheJohnCleese.com) where guarantees of entryinto heaven may be purchased for $14.99 (vellun $49.99).

Why yes, I have read them all. There are a few with persoanl comments that read like an acceptance speech for a tony, but then they don't have much experience.

Much love to my family, FSU ganga and the Ignunts.

Husband to beautiful Jennifer and fatherto adorable Sophie.

Proud new mom to Cassidy. Love to Erik

Love and thanks to Nancy, teachers, friends, family and God. This one's for you Mom, dreams do come true.

Why yes, I did read them all to get a feeling for latitude.

Funniest thing I have read in a LONG time, Jemock - as is most everything I have ever read of yours! Thanks for posting it here. Loved every single word!!

Sometimes I think some here are too quick to judge and criticize and too slow to laugh.

I seriously don't believe you said that after you failed to get Heidi's joke last night and proceded to turn something everybody else was having fun with into something totally depressing.

(Claygasm @ Sep 10 2008, 08:28 PM)

Couch Tomato said:

I seriously don't believe you said that after you failed to get Heidi's joke last night and proceded to turn something everybody else was having fun with into something totally depressing.

Not to mention trying to throw water on simple happiness at the birth of a baby. Or declaring a speculated-upon relationship nauseating.

Thank you, Couchie.

We've moved 800 "Business Continuity/Disaser Recovery" personnel out to our other site. The models are tracking more to the north.

The forecast winds for my zipcode are now 87mph compared to 50mph yesterday, merrieeee's are at 83 mph.

*maybe Talladega Nights is a favorite up there and my poking fun at it was considered unfunny*

Heading out to work now, but stay safe everyone!!! (my puppet show snacks and drinks may end up being my emergency supplies)

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Good Morning Everyone,

8 Days until "Spam, Wonderful, Spam"!

:woohoo:

16 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

37 Days until The BAF Gala!

Everyone have a great day! And stay safe, all those in the path of the hurricane!

Kim

Take care Scarlett and everyone who could be at risk from the hurricane.

You guys are so brave... honestly, I haven't even "recovered" from Hurricane Katrina. I can't get over how many people went back and rebuilt their homes and lives even though they knew it could happen again. I am such a coward, I would have moved - heck I don't even live in the States, but the impact was felt everywhere in these times of instant images around the world.

Stay safe.

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I am at the office but it looks like a lot of people will not make it in today.

The fees on the Hardy Toll road have been waived, fyi, in case anyone wants to head north that way.

*I'm really sorry about Talladega, Lowe's or any other stadium in that circuit and won't be making any more jokes about them*

ETA: merrieeee, if you get stuck call me!

Scarlett, legend has it that the Pinellas indians (a tribe, not a baseball team!) buried either a treasure or a virgin - or both - somewhere on a beach in St. Pete or Clearwater.

Thus averting major hurricane-age.

Seems to work so far - sooooooo, does the eHP have some treasure? Or, er, a willing virgin? Maybe the virgin could just get buried very briefly? You could promise her primo exclusive clack!

Just kidding around, of course, but y'all are in my thoughts; be safe!

Adding my wishes for everyone in Ike's path to stay safe! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

OK, which one of you Ontario fans has a little red car with a bumper sticker that just says "CLAY"? My co-worker thought it was me....except my car is not red. Has a couple of Clay stickers, though!

9-11-01candle.gif

More {{{{safe vibes}}}} for everyone in the Gulf Coast area. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Maybe, heh, heh,Some one overheard Kristie satying she was moving out before the baby and they assumed she was the one having a baby instead of Clay. You know how some fans liketo be insiders and if they don't have all the information, they will rush and make something up to have a complete story. And this is why Clay fans have high blood pressure - it is all that salt we eat.

Oh crap - I was letting dinner cool off (enough for 2 or 3 days} and the dog stole the large steak off the counter and ate it. I guess I didn't really need food anyway. I also think no cookies for bad dogs for a while.

play... BWAH! only not for you! That dog is an original, just like her owner! (that's a good thing to me, by the way)

Loving thoughts to those directly or indirectly affected by 9/11. Still un.freakin. believable. Like the graphics!

Texans.... Please stay safe and all that is important to you!

(Claygasm @ Sep 10 2008, 08:28 PM)

Couch Tomato said:

Not to mention trying to throw water on simple happiness at the birth of a baby. Or declaring a speculated-upon relationship nauseating.

Thank you, Couchie.

I agree with this.

----------------------------------------------

I love all you guys. I love America. Hugs to anyone that lost someone on Sept.11.