#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

Someone else mentioned his iPhone. I think it's the battery pack for his mic. Cuz there was nowhere to put it in those white linen PANTS.

JMO, of course. :)

Heheh, he coulda put it right next to his... epi pen.

:hubbahubba:

I think you're right though - good catch!

Oh Lotus are you going to get to Houston? The eHP would love to indoctrinate meet you!

I stayed in an Embassy Suites on Congress, in Austin which was not too bad and you could see the thousands of bats fly out from under the bridge at night.

Oh yes I will be in Houston which is where one of my daughters lives and I would love to be indoctrinated. I arrive on the Oct 28th and we are leaving for Austin on the 30th arriving back in Houston late on Nov 3rd and I fly home mid afternoon on Nov 6th. So after we get back from Austin?

Aaahhhhhhhhh…..he’s so HOT. Love the hair, love the pants, love the stubble, love the sunglasses on top of his head. Hot, hot, hot.

uh....

yeah....that...

WHOA!

Holy shit, he looked amazing there. Holy hot male! Holy lemme at 'im!

Dayum...

:Thud:

whoa.

Just got home (didn't think I'd ever get here) and just wanted to toss another set of Eeeeeeeeees into the air and skip around in them -- and apparently we have pics?!! Double-eeeeeeeee!!!

Woke up on my own, s.b., and I hope my luck holds for my 6am meeting tomorrow. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA:

Oh, apparently the pics are screen caps.... so we have video too?!! Wow!!!

ETAA:

I was kinda hoping the video was of Parker...

ETYATA:

White pants are almost as good, though!.... *swoons*

He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

Thread title!

CG, you surmised wrong. Parker is one small part in a blog about getting ready to go back to Spamalot, and the contest is to write a bio of him (Clay, not Parker, heheh) for the Playbill.

Ah, but Cindilu, I didn't surmise wrong! All the baby talk I was referring to - sarcastically - was here on the board, not in his blog!

I hope the winner writes a really funny bio, with humor in the vein of Monty Python! Now that would be creative! If I had talent in that arena, that's what I would do! (And if someone steals my idea and wins they better share the prize with me!)

UNICEF Field Notes Video...(shallow note...Clay in white pants!)

http://fieldnotes.unicefusa.org/2008/09/cl...ft_of_gr_1.html

White pants? I am so there! :hubbahubba:

One more little Clay thing- Anyone want to spend some more money? ;) Signed poster from Morristown Community Theatre.

Clay's Poster

Oooooh, he looks so fantastic in that pic. It's one of my all-time favorites. I'd love that poster, even if I didn't go anywhere near that concert!

*Gibby quickly logs into her bank account . . . *

*watches Unicef vid*

*dies*

*types from the other side*

the *other side* being Hell of course, since that's where I'm headed cuz I am listening to a message about saving children and ALL I can think about is how much I want to do the hot Ambassador in the sexy white pants.

You and me both, Cindilu! YUMMMMMMMM! He's so hawt and lickable!! It's a good thing I already checked my bank account. He wants me to give? Yes, sir!!

The video quality's not that great, hence the screencaps are less than I'd like.

It's Clay, none the less. :)

Thank you for the screencaps, Cotton! I see you grabbed my favorite one as your avi already. Please post a lot so I can keep drooling, okay? :)

Loved the blog today. He sounds a little frazzled but very happy. I hope his idea of introducing Parker is not his "soon" or Parker will be graduating before we see anything. Also the UNICEF video is a piece of beauty. He looks really really good. Of course the white pants, the shirt which shows his broad shoulders, and the stubble are hard not to notice. I also like the color of his hair. I do not usually care what color he has because it will change on the next picture, but I was getting use to the blonde. I wonder what we will get at the end of next week.

I wonder what we will get at the end of next week.

EEEEEEEEEE!!! for possible new stage door Clack & reports of Sir Robin's triumphant return to Spam! :dadrocks:

At the end of next week!!! :whoo:

And on that note, I bid y'all g'night... :offtobed:

I feel like some sappy Hallmark card.

Clay is my hero.

And looking good too.

And so damn sweet.

I'm so frigging happy I can't stand it.

Thanks Bella,

Good to know. I also loved the show when I saw it multiple times last March. I hope you are right, and my friend loves it. We have seats A103 and A102. I will let her have the A103 since it is closer to the center, and you say it is a great seat.

Maybe the bio for Spamalot could be written from a Parker POV - "my dad poops his pants louder than I do."

Way louder.

by: Parker Aiken - I taught my dad the fine art of pants pooping.

Geez. I had TWO beers. I've become a lightweight.

Um, let's hope not!

I hope Parker is not a focus of Clay's bio - even in a humorous way. And, if you read Playbill bios they tend to focus on the actor's career, not their personal lives. At the very most it should contain no more than a brief mention of Parker's birth - and no assumptions about his relationship with Jaymes. You know, at most something like "Clay recently became a father for the first time this summer when his son Parker Foster Aiken was born".

Should be pretty easy to update this bio. He hasn't done much of anything since leaving Spamalot. I guess you could say how he had a successful run in Spamalot before, how OMWH opened at number 4 on the Billboard chart - just leave out that it sunk like a lead balloon there after of course! And mention his trip to Somalia. But other than that, what can you add?

I think the words are not the challenge. Just take his old bio and add the few things he has done since. The challenge and the creativity will come with how its written. We should remember that this is going to be read by a lot of NJUs (we hope!) and focusing on a kid many of them probably don't even know about wouldn't make sense. Either would any "inside" jokes. This bio cannot be Clay fan-centric. However it is written it should be in such a way that someone who has never heard of Clay (and there are many) or who haven't followed him at all will appreciate and understand. And in a way that might help promote interest in him perhaps. Getting too cutesy about Parker or having too many fan-centric jokes or comments would be a waste, IMO.

I've read some "bios" that have been pretty funny in Playbills, so I don't think they are all straight-up bios.

I expect that Clay expects some creativity.

Ummm...I really thought it was a pretty funny joke to write it from Parkers POV.

I think Clay wants us to have fun with this and not get so bogged down about who is reading it. If he wanted that then he could just stick to professionals but he didn't...he asked the fans. And he told us to be creative.

I think the words are not the challenge. Just take his old bio and add the few things he has done since. The challenge and the creativity will come with how its written. We should remember that this is going to be read by a lot of NJUs (we hope!) and focusing on a kid many of them probably don't even know about wouldn't make sense. Either would any "inside" jokes. This bio cannot be Clay fan-centric. However it is written it should be in such a way that someone who has never heard of Clay (and there are many) or who haven't followed him at all will appreciate and understand. And in a way that might help promote interest in him perhaps. Getting too cutesy about Parker or having too many fan-centric jokes or comments would be a waste, IMO.

I think people can write whatever they want. Clay will be choosing the one he prefers, so he can decide what he thinks is appropriate. As for assumptions about Jaymes, again, I think that's up to him. If the bio has something he doesn't like, he won't choose it. Simple as that. It isn't that I don't agree with you about what the bio should be like, but I'm not sure what the point is in making sure that no one has any fun with the contest. Clay would probably enjoy some laughs while he's reading entries, even if they go into the reject pile afterwards.

Thanks Bella,

Good to know. I also loved the show when I saw it multiple times last March. I hope you are right, and my friend loves it. We have seats A103 and A102. I will let her have the A103 since it is closer to the center, and you say it is a great seat.

Desertrose, it's MHO but you might want to trust me on this. A103 needs to go to the Clay Aiken fan (you). They're only one seat apart so your friend would still enjoy the show from A102.

ETA: standard disclaimer -- unless they change the blocking

I, the penis, hereby request a raise in salary for the following reasons:

I do physical labor

I work at great depths

I plunge head first into everything I do

I do not get weekends off or public holidays

I work in a damp environment

I don't get paid overtime

I work in a dark workplace that has poor ventilation

I work in high temperatures

My work exposes me to contagious diseases

Yours truly,

Penis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Penis,

After assessing your request, and considering the arguments you have raised, the administration rejects your request for the following reasons:

You do not work 8 hours straight

You fall asleep on the job after brief work periods

You do not always follow the orders of the management team

You do not stay in your allocated position, and often visit other areas

You do not take initiative - you need to be pressured and stimulated in order to start working

You leave the workplace rather messy at the end of your shift

You don't always observe necessary safety regulations, such as wearing the correct protective clothing

You'll retire well before reaching 65

You're unable to work double shifts before you have completed the day's work

And if that were not all, you have been seen constantly entering and leaving the workplace carrying 2 suspicious looking bags.

Sincerely,

The Management

G'nite annabear and Cotton! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

goldarngirl found another glitch, this time in the Merrillville IBHFC medley mp3, so here's the corrected file.

:thankyou: for finding these & letting me know, gg. I'm glad to have found someone as particular as I.

Thank you for being willing to redo these things. This is perfect timing too, just in time to slip that puppy in and finish up for tonight EEEEEEE I'm haaaaaaappyy. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I redid my avatar all by myself! I got rid of the one that disappeared. It was easy too! Why did I not do it sooner? Oh well, now that I know how, I will probably be fickle and change it all the time until I run out of Clay beauties, and that will never happen!