#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

Couchie, talking about listening to your iPod, reminded me that I've been listening to ATDW in my car the last few days.

OMG, today, I listened to EIH for the first time since the arrival of Parker!

I remember discussion right after the album came out and people were talking about this love song. Which it is, no doubt.

But the very first time I heard it - I heard Clay singing it to a child!

Today just made me schmoopie. (Do we have a sniffle emotiguy?)

I had been limiting my listening to OMWH, and these last few days with ATDW just reminded me how much I love it.

I love OMWH, too! And hope that it's gets its second wind with the SPAM promotion.

I kinda like listening to that Clay Aiken guy sing.

I always felt that EIH could be a parent's song to a child. Have not listened to it since the arrival of Parker. Have to say I love ATDW and played it constantly until OMWH was released. Haven't heard it in quite a while--off to go listen now!

Posted by snowluv4 at CV this morning:

and some lighter stuff,I was watching Unicef video again on youtube and saw this reply

PiNkLoLiPoPs

Clay was my camp counselor at the YMCA. Now I'm grown up myself. He's using the same voice in this video that he used during Chapel Time before lunch.

I'll gladly donate! Thanks for bringing the issue to our attention, Clay! No matter where your talent will take you, you'll always still be Gonzo from Finley Day Camp to me! <3

:wub:

Eeeep! I killed the board... :unsure:

OMG! Clay was question on Jeopardy just now! The category was Celebs and the answer was "Clayton Holmes Grissom"

Who is Clay Aiken? was the correct question, of course, and the woman's hand was quick on the buzzer, too!

I love stuff like this!

OMG! Clay was question on Jeopardy just now! The category was Celebs and the answer was "Clayton Holmes Grissom"

Who is Clay Aiken? was the correct question, of course, and the woman's hand was quick on the buzzer, too!

I love stuff like this!

Wow that was fun to hear!

Good night all and good luck to our weather weary friends in the Gulf. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Just stumbled onto "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" video clip...hadn't seen/heard that in forever.

So cool. I know Clay didn't like bluegrass, but he sounds terrific.....so do the girls and their harmonies...

:huh:

I miss concert Clay! :cry:

(eta: Luckiest - Charlotte Rose pees in her carrier before I even get her out the door and in to the car for the trip to the vet. I just automatically put a towel in the carrier and bring some wet paper towels to wash her off a little. The vet calls her Miss Piddle. Not funny!)

Waldo poops in his carrier every single tome! About 10 minutes into the drive I can smell it! At least he does his best to stay out of it!

I miss concert Clay! :cry:

Me too!! **sniff**

Apparently one of my first loves - and a favorite of Clay's - James Taylor is going to be on QVC for 2 shows tomorrow! I guess cause he's a legend he gets 2 shows and since Clay is only a legend in the making he only got one!

Stay safe eHP!! And don't forget your pets!

I made it home with no trouble today but the traffic was just beginning to back up really bad. Tonight my DD and I went to the local Target for a couple of things and the freeway was at a standstill. Of course we had to take photos. Target was empty it was really weird. My DD teaches in a portable classroom about 50 yards from the bay. She thinks that it will be flooded and maybe totally gone.

Now we are going to "hunker" down...how I hate that phrase. I'm 60 miles from the coast but we are still expecting hurricane force winds.

Time to look at some cute videos!

I read but rarely post here however I want to wish everyone in the path of Ike to stay safe.

waves to NCGurrl and I second that emotion.

Wandacleo I'm feeling you on the earthquakes. I guess we have our so called preparedness (looks around for batteries, flashlight, water..oops) but you know they are so common place that you take them for granted until they hit and then 3 seconds later they are forgetten. The stories of how the big one is so commonplacee that I know I don't even pay attention to them. I had to laugh the other day when Muski asked if I felt it..and was asking for me like the earth had opened up and taken me. heee. But fact is...didn't even know about it until I read her post. I have had a couple slightly scary earthquakes moments where I've talked about it for a day or so with people. And of course Loma Prieta ..that was a doozy, and scary. Even so, life got back to normal pretty darn quick. I just don't know how or if I could handle multiple scares like ya'll living in hurricane country. Houston even made OUR local news tonight so keep us posted and check in when you can. Take care.

*Totally off topic, personal post!* <snip>

Seven years later, my mom is still here, cancer-free and one of my best Clay buds. I sent her flowers today. We'll never forget about all those who lost their lives, but it's nice to have something hopeful come out of that day. :bloomingflowers:

You and your mother were indeed blessed, annabear. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

But honestly? I'm not stressing Ike - I was in downtown Houston when Alicia hit - Greenway Plaza has GOT to be better!

I was near downtown Houston back then too. I remember people taking showers at the downtown Y. Smelly co-workers and no A/C and hoping that my skylight would survive the storm.

Sending safe thoughts to all in the path of Ike. :hugs-1: Hope you stocked up on non-perishables, protein bars, peanut butter crackers, etc. Fill the washer and the tub. Hunker down is the word (*starts humming "Grease"*).

(eta: Luckiest - Charlotte Rose pees in her carrier before I even get her out the door and in to the car for the trip to the vet. I just automatically put a towel in the carrier and bring some wet paper towels to wash her off a little. The vet calls her Miss Piddle. Not funny!)

Waldo poops in his carrier every single tome! About 10 minutes into the drive I can smell it! At least he does his best to stay out of it!

Well, good to know he isn't the only one, but for him, this is new behaviour. I mean, he's a veteran vet-goer, with all the problems he's had lately. And unfortunately for him, he managed to soak his splint in pee, so they had to redo it when we got there. Probably for the best, since it was getting kind if smelly and fuzzy anyways, hee. Last night, I don't know what his problem was, but he cried for no apparent reason all.night.long. I got up and checked on him, he seemed quite happy to see me, but he was fine as far as I could see. I gave him some food and went back to bed and he started wailing again. I eventually fell asleep but he was wailing in my dream, which leads me to believe that he was still wailing in RL. LOL. He seems fine this morning. The vet says the splint needs to stay on another 4 weeks. Oh joy.

Hugs and good wishes to all in the path of Ike this morning. The news reports of "certain death" are scary. Please stay safe, y'all!

Hope you Texas peeps are safe!

Couchie, due to the underground virgin effect, whereby hurricanes will evidently back up, apologise for all the trouble, and go elsewhere, we get blase in the Tampa Bay area. There are actually pissed off hoteliers threatening to sue their counties for lost revenue, because guests were made to evacuate the other week, when it was thought that tropical storm would hit us.

So now most of us figure hey! We can drink water from the pool, we have candles and snack food, and we are pretty sure that vodka is now available with lime or lemon or crushed-gooseberry-pomegrante-maple-mojito flavors just for us, so we don't have to worry about having fresh fruit.

Most important thing seems to be having LOTS of kitty litter for house-bound cats.

And ice, we keep several cheap foam coolers in the garage.

Speaking of which, a friend brought over a starving kitten/cat last night. Its eyes are clear, it can walk and drink water and eat a bit, but it is so starved it is literally fur stretched over bones. I will call the mobile vet today, we will get it (we can't even tell what sex it is) checked over and if need be, have "Tigger" - gorgeous dark grey and black stripes - put to sleep, but if we can save it, we will. It was at the school bus stop, walking unsteadily up to the kids and parents.

Either way, hopefully no more suffering for the poor thing.

We took in a starving kitty once. The vet checked him over and said that other than his size, which would never be as big as he could have been due to the malnourishment, he was healthy and would have a normal life expectancy. Hope your kitty's story turns out the same!

I love stuff like this!

I wanted to add a fun detail to your post, muskifest. The complete answer to the question was "American Idol Heartthrob Clayton Holmes Grissom." I love that they used that descriptor!

All in the path of Ike, stay safe!

I love stuff like this!

I wanted to add a fun detail to your post, muskifest. The complete answer to the question was "American Idol Heartthrob Clayton Holmes Grissom." I love that they used that descriptor!

All in the path of Ike, stay safe!

Clack Unlimited has the clip up here!

Those on the gulf coast, please, please stay safe! I'll be praying for everyone there.

djs, have fun with the new kitty!

Good Morning Everyone,

Sending good thoughts to all those in the path of Ike!

7 Days (1 week!) until "Spam, Wonderful, Spam"!

:woohoo:

15 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

36 Days until The BAF Gala!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim