#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

I really believe Clay does not care what people think in his choice of clothes. Everyone has their own style and most of the time I like his quirky choices. I also believe the statements from the people that were there that he looked great.

Have you SEEN some of the people who complain about Clay?

Talk about the wart calling the hog ugly.

Funny you should say this. I commented to luckiest1 today at lunch about a well-known critic at CV...."My God, has she counted her chins lately?"

I actually think Orville! Redenbacher! Clay! is all kinds of hawt. Although I hadn't considered the Les Nessman connection....hmmm. As long as Clay doesn't think turkeys fly, we'll be fine.

BWAH!! Watch out if the next tour takes place in outdoor arenas - last time it was

... :hysterical:

tribeca, every little bit helps. :friends: Good for you & your niece!

BWAH! The relative anonymity of a message board DOES seem to give some people brass balls unusual courage to be judgmental, doesn't it? :cryingwlaughter: Lawd Jesus! Sometimes when I see pics of the crowds at the stage door and then read some of the criticism of Clay's hair or clothes, I just have to :huh: Er... :unsure: ...mirrors, people!

Of course I never look less than perfectly coiffed and draped in the very epitome of high fashion, donchaknow... :lipstick:

But hay! (t/m Sir Robin et al in YWSOB) The man is himself and the look he 'wore' last night is, IMO, most likely the look he sports 90% of the time in his own time. So I suppose I just must deal...won't stop me from substituting other pics of him in my more vivid fantasies, though... :sleezy: That's what the word 'fantasy' means, you know...I can make him be/look like/rock the bed slats any ole' way I want to! :P

I understand the rule at the OFC too, however that is one of the reasons that I don't go there very often. But it seems to me that they leave a lot of personal stuff in there. Many posts involving body parts that many of us like to talk about. And it seems like they had left posts there in the past involving some speculation about different females that came anywhere Clay. I could be wrong, and often am, since I don't go there very often but if that's the case, it seems kind of hypocritical to me. Especially now that he seems to be living much more out in the open.

the OFC as actually been pretty standard on shipping..and they are going by what clay wants (so they say...or so the admin says lol) so there hands realy are tied, if there was posts about women in there, it was probably an oversite..the mods at the OFC are more stuck then most boards, they have a certain set of rules that they have to follow put in their by someone else, where other non official boards the mods are pretty much in charge..there they are more "puppets" that do what theyre told...thats what I understand anyways.

as far as Clay looks, he looks very monty pythonish, very british IMO..and handsome, did I mention that? :)

I actually think Orville! Redenbacher! Clay! is all kinds of hawt. Although I hadn't considered the Les Nessman connection....hmmm. As long as Clay doesn't think turkeys fly, we'll be fine.

:cryingwlaughter: Funniest TV episode ever!!!

I really believe Clay does not care what people think in his choice of clothes. Everyone has their own style and most of the time I like his quirky choices. I also believe the statements from the people that were there that he looked great.

Talk about the wart calling the hog ulgly.

And sometimes its just personal preferences. Some people think he looks hot in glasses. Some don't. Some love his clothes. Some don't. Some like his hair blonde. Some. Some like snowflake hair. Some don't. Some like the glasses and orange suit. Some don't. Someone somewhere probably even liked how look at the Chicago book signing! But some didn't!

Different strokes for different folks!

Not to mention, anyone can look unattractive on any given day - and Clay is no exception. Its not really fair to diss the people who don't like how he looks and start calling them ugly. They are entitled to their opinion, as each of us are.

Annabear

thanks sometimes I forget that when I see those huge donations (and good for them :) )

Muskifest

I must say you do have a way with words

I can't believe no one here has posted where you buy that bow tie that Clay was wearing

Talk about the wart calling the hog ulgly.

And sometimes its just personal preferences. Some people think he looks hot in glasses. Some don't. Some love his clothes. Some don't. Some like his hair blonde. Some. Some like snowflake hair. Some don't. Some like the glasses and orange suit. Some don't. Someone somewhere probably even liked how look at the Chicago book signing! But some didn't!

Different strokes for different folks!

Not to mention, anyone can look unattractive on any given day - and Clay is no exception. Its not really fair to diss the people who don't like how he looks and start calling them ugly. They are entitled to their opinion, as each of us are.

My mother would have said "Pretty is, as pretty does." Clay does! The others, not so much!

Eh, I suspect all the sniping and sneering just means we will be seeing more bow ties in the future. heh

Well, if you come up with another little scenario like the one at CH, he can buy himself a lifetime supply of bow ties.... :tasty:

I don't think that anyone cares if someone doesn't like a particular look, but some people at OFC have been REALLY nasty about it--and if they're not ugly on the outside, they sure as hell are on the inside. Clay can certainly wear whatever he chooses without being chastised for not presenting the proper public image. Judging anyone by a PHOTO, in the first place, is ridiculous considering that pictures capture only a split second in time--not a posed perfect image.

This may not be fair of me since I don't belong to the OFC and the only people I am friendly with from there are afraid to post

but do you think

maybe they are just incredible bored? IF they are nitpicking that much

I don't know there are things that I may not like or clothes Clay wears that I think HUH? but I still like him

and I wish instead of clothes, hair and bow ties I was planning out a tour trip

Should not tell anyone this

because you may think I am nutty but one time I had a dream that Clay jumped into the audience and criticized all the fan's hairstyles

I don't think that anyone cares if someone doesn't like a particular look, but some people at OFC have been REALLY nasty about it--and if they're not ugly on the outside, they sure as hell are on the inside. Clay can certainly wear whatever he chooses without being chastised for not presenting the proper public image. Judging anyone by a PHOTO, in the first place, is ridiculous considering that pictures capture only a split second in time--not a posed perfect image.

ditto ditto..I personally think there is a line where it gets cruel..of course my line is probably in a different place then most people's lol I never look at someone and think how bad they look, so I cant understand how thats helpful...of course everyone isnt like me...to their help probably lol

Someone somewhere probably even liked how look at the Chicago book signing!

:pickme:

But you probably figured that, didn't you?

Wait, you promised to share! I'm part of the sisterhood of the traveling green sweater!

I guess the thing that I really don't understand is why people go to CLAY's messageboard--knowing that he reads there--and say horrible insulting things about how he looks, what he wears, and what he does.

This is like going to a friends' house and proceeding to ream them with every negative thought in your mind.

What is the point? What do they hope to achieve? It's bad enough to read the crap on other boards, but on CLAY's board??!!

It's purposefully hurtful.

Sickos.

Sorry if that makes me judgmental--but so be it.

Wait, you promised to share! I'm part of the sisterhood of the traveling green sweater!

Oh yeah. Is it my week with the sweater yet?

*pets green sweater longingly*

This may not be fair of me since I don't belong to the OFC and the only people I am friendly with from there are afraid to post

but do you think

There are people over there that feel it is their life's work to critique everything Clay does in a negative fashion. Some have even been banned from other boards because of the attitude. So for some...no they are not bored just pot stirrers! Of course as usual IMO, YMMV etc

Seriously, one of my favorite looks of all time!

but do you think

There are people over there that feel it is their life's work to critique everything Clay does in a negative fashion. Some have even been banned from other boards because of the attitude. So for some...no they are not bored just pot stirrers! Of course as usual IMO, YMMV etc

I didn't realise it was that bad. Like I said I don't belong to the OFC

honestly I have never heard one positive thing about the fanclub.

I haven't read at the OFC today but is it just the usual suspects stirring the pot? Most of the posts I'm reading here and elsewhere are pretty much having fun with it, even if they don't like the look. It is, after all, just one look. And I'm sure that by his next appearance he will be wearing something that someone else will have a freak about. Or more than likely, it will be the same people getting their freak on.

And although I haven't read at the OFC, I would say no, its not because they are bored. There are a few posters who you have to wonder if they realize that its a Clay Aiken fanboard. Some seem to be confused. I would say the majority aren't like that but the ones who almost always have something negative to say sure do get the rest worked up, which may be their intent.

Mmmmmm.... buttered popcorn.... :tasty:

ClayatclosingofSpamalot2.jpg

ditto ditto..I personally think there is a line where it gets cruel..of course my line is probably in a different place then most people's lol I never look at someone and think how bad they look, so I cant understand how thats helpful...of course everyone isnt like me...to their help probably lol

I'm posthoing but I missed this while I was typing. Smitten, I think it would be better if more people were like you. I don't think I've ever seen you write a negative post.

Seriously, one of my favorite looks of all time!

scribbles down names of green sweater lovers