#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

The New Adventures of Old Virus Remover 2008.......

Well, Kim and everybody, I did get a real virus. After I closed the popup pages and boxes, I decided to run a virus scan.

It froze up after finding two Trojans within the first 2 minutes, and wouldn't finish scanning the computer. I held the button in and rebooted. Now I have another problem! There is no tool bar at the bottom of the screen, and I can't get any response from the Windows button. I have no Start button and no icons.

I am on the laptop now, about to look up which key to tap to get into safe mode and see if I can do anything there.

Wish me luck!!

Kim, last time this happened, I googled "Virus Remover 2008" and on one site it recommended I download a spyware remover called Spy Hunter. The scan is free, but you have to buy the program to remove the malware. It does work! Click here for more info.

BTW - I just realized I can't finish my 2008 Review page until I fix this. (Unless I install 2 or 3 new programs on this laptop. I'm bummed!

How can you get a virus from Sendspace? (or Photobucket, wherever it came from!)

I'm bummed!!

FIRST PAGE - WOOOO HOOOO!

Good luck with your computer woes, chach. :thbighug-1: I've been there, done that, as have most of us. The issues likely can be solved, with a lot of work! But it sure can be frustrating in the meantime.

A new thread calls for decorating! I love the most recent stage door pics:

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

SDJan3EveningJTGranny.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg:hubbahubba:

And pics of Clay and Parker are just tooooo sweet:

GMAbabypic2.jpg

babypic4.jpg:dadrocks:

And these pics have been posted at other boards, so I'm going to assume I can post them here, too. Mods, please remove them if it's not okay. The last one craaaccckkks me up!!!

090104_SpamAfter1.jpg

090104_SpamAfter2.jpg

090104_SpamAfter3.jpg

party3.jpg:naughtywag::cryingwlaughter::naughtywag:

That virus checker virus - my grandson ruined his pc, we had to wipe it and then used a restore disc from elsewhere to get it going again.

Advice - never click ANYWHERE on popups if you can help it - right-click and close from the toolbar, or if that does not work, ctrl-alt-delete once and then go to running applications or processes and end the process there. or reboot. That flashing and insistent virus checker just needs you to click anywhere on it.

Everything you see on a screen is programmable, that red X means nothing, it is the code behind it that counts. Accepted standard is X means to close, but it can mean anything.

Just a quick question and I hope I don't offend; but I have seen many posts; here and elsewhere commenting on how supportive Clay's family is and I think it is an odd thing to say...I mean, why wouldn't they be supportive? I don't get why people are surprised that the family would be at his final show or any show for that matter. Just something that has been bugging me.

Heeeee......and there are people who call his mom a fame-whore if she shows up!

I applaud her for seemingly not giving a rat's ass about the unpleasant fans - at least I hope that is her attitude.

Anyway, my family is really dysfunctional and split over politics and religion and sexual orientation, and showing up at a function seems to imply tacit acceptance, not family solidarity, so we don't do a lot together. And I have read many stories about people being shunned by their families when they come out. I believe that Clay and his family have that unconditional love thing going for them - not all families are like that!

Clay looks so happy and relaxed in those pictures!

Clay looks fabulous in those pictures. I love the color of that sweater, and his hair looks damn fine in my book. But of course, what sells those pictures to me -- that amazing smile. He has the best smile on the planet, bar none.

As for what he's doing in those pictures -- has anyone analyzed it yet to see if it isn't a photoshop? *g*

Good Morning Everyone,

Fear; That is the same problem I have...can't run my virus scans because they stop halfway through...tried safe mode, but my virus scans won't run in safe mode. So, I hesitate to download anything else if it won't finish scanning. Talked to a friend last night who has a computer whiz for a son and he is going to come over and see what he can do...may have to re-format the whole computer.

Anyway, I am here now...I can get on the Internet, but I don't dare minimize anything...that will cause the computer to freeze.

20 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Okey-dokey, let's try this one more time....I just lost the best post I ever made *snerk* so you'll have to have this instead.

I'll do a "recap" when I've got my head together a little better, but the short version? Hahahaha Eeeehhhh!!! Yum. Ooohhhh....cool....Yum. Eeeehhhh!!! *dance of joy* Yum. Hahahahahaaa!!! Eeeehhhhh!!! Yum. :hysterical:

Gibby, thanks so much for bringing those pics over. Does anyone know where they are from? Cast party by the looks of things, but how do we have them? And WHO is the guy to Reed's left in the first picture? I recognize him but I can't think why and it's bugging the crap outta me. :) It isn't John Dahlstrom, is it? And yes,that's Chris Seibert in one of them.

If anyone's in the market for a new computer (aikim?), here's a nice deal on a laptop that came up yesterday:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1218043606827

At $1050 it has a 320GB 7200rpm drive, a 1gig video card, 4 GB of memory, a 1900x1200 screen, Gigabit Ethernet, 64-bit Vista, etc. It'll function like both a desktop and a laptop. It simply has the best and fastest video card in the "reasonable" price range -- comparable video cards can only be found in $3000 Alienware computers. Looks great too! And if your kids want to borrow (if you'll let them), it'll make a great gaming laptop as well!

I'm very tempted to get it because my laptop is 5 years old (bought just before my first IT show in Tampa) and the hinge is broken from where I kicked it off the bed in Orlando when I flew to avoid a storm the night before the FL DCAT series, and the keyboard sticks on the 'A' because... oh,I'd better stop now because i"ll never get a new one if I keep talking memories.

Info on the pics from CH:

Also from CV......apparently these pictures were posted on a public blog and are from the Spamalot post-show party last night:

Having fun (Bill Sprague Jr, Merle, Clay & Rick Caroto)

Awwwww! (Merle & Clay)

BWAH! Deja vu......

A bunch of hotties.....*g* (Reed, Rick Caroto, Ian Salter, Christopher Sieber, Clay)

Nice that Chris Seiber came to Clay's party.......

F'dawg, according to somebody at CV, Rick Caroto is a hair stylist for Spamalot. I'm not sure about the other guys.........

For those having trouble with spyware, malware and trojans, I highly suggest Spybot Search & Destroy available at http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html in addition to whatever virus software you use. Its a free program and I think its one of the best out there. I get tons of spyware due to surfing and this always cleans up the mess.

Shoot our office email server is down so I gotta restart things... back in a while to finish what I wanted to say...

Fear; That is the same problem I have...can't run my virus scans because they stop halfway through...tried safe mode, but my virus scans won't run in safe mode. So, I hesitate to download anything else if it won't finish scanning. Talked to a friend last night who has a computer whiz for a son and he is going to come over and see what he can do...may have to re-format the whole computer.

I know that sometimes it seems like a pain to reformat your computer, but honestly, it's usually the best thing you can do when you have viruses that won't be "healed". It's one good reason to keep all your data, and also your install files for any downloaded software, etc, backed up on external drives, or on data DVDs.

I know that sometimes it seems like a pain to reformat your computer, but honestly, it's usually the best thing you can do when you have viruses that won't be "healed". It's one good reason to keep all your data, and also your install files for any downloaded software, etc, backed up on external drives, or on data DVDs.

I so agree! Clack does not live on my local hard drive only on externals. In fact, a while back when we had a couple of houses nearby getting robbed so when I left the house I took all my external hard drives and hid them in places where things would not seem of value to a robber, like in between clothes in a laundry basket, under the bathroom sink with the toilet paper and the small portable ones I hid behind my shoes in my shoe rack. What?!?! That stuff is precious cargo! hee

Too funny claylove.

Well I'm awake and have no place to go... Love the pictures of Clay with his friends.

Wanted to say how happy I was to meet so many new folks..justclay12, preden,georgieismybaby, timetravelerpax, Saltwaterdog and Mr. Saltie. It was also nice to get to know some a bit better. Ya'll know who you are. Jamar, Cagney, Bookwhore, justclay, annabear, saltie....I just wanted to say..I am not a soap fiend. heee. Don't know why I have such a good memory for useless soap facts. hee. Permaswooned..thanks for taking me in and being such a good roomie. We are so on the same wavelength when it comes to this Clay thang.

The final show was so much fun. When I saw Clay do the yodel and nobody pull him back I knew I was in for a fun day.

ah man.it just hit me..I didn't have one peice of freaking Junior's cheesecake.

OK now that Spam is over I can be truthful........I thought Juniors was over rated! There I said it!

Hahaha!! :hahaha: You are never alone in Clayville. Although, in our couple of visits there this time, it was definitely better than in March when we went. But, I agree.

Thanks for the info about the people in the afterparty pictures!

Hello, FCA! :BlowKiss:

I have truly enjoyed all of your recaps, photos, videos, etc., from SPAMALOT. Although I never saw the show, I feel as if I did. With the wonderful reports, I have been able to write several Carolina blogs about Clay's run on Broadway. The last one has an interesting addendum, which I just added and will print here:

ADDENDUM: In my normal routine of googling "Clay Aiken" (blogs), Tuesday morning I discovered that part of this blog has been quoted at LALATE. When I clicked on the link for "Clay Aiken SPAMALOT End," I landed in the middle of the piece and casually began reading.

My jaw went into a "slow-mo" drop as I started recognizing my own words. I scrolled back up; and, sure enough, LALATE had quoted a section of this blog. Actually, it's one of my favorite parts from the finale -- where Clay knelt down and shook the orchestra director's hand.

Yesterday I described this gesture to the head of the music academy where I teach twice a week. Orchestral musicians appreciate that kind of thing, and this trombonist's reaction was, "What a class act!"

My sympathies to Cha Cha, Aikim, and anyone else suffering from the virus business. Hope you find a cure SOON! :friends:

Have a great week, all! :imgtongue:

Caro listen.gif

Regarding Juniors...

In May, the burger & onion rings were fabulous and the plain cheesecake was good but not necessarily something I would rave about. When I went in November, I skipped the cheesecake but ordered the burger & onion rings cause I remember them being good; that time the burger was okay but the onion rings not so much and in fact they were quite doughy and nasty. For the last show trip I skipped the meal and had the raspberry swirl cheesecake which was to die for. So I am guessing maybe it depends on who is preparing the food that day! lol

IMO the draw of Juniors is because its so close to Shubert and the atmosphere there is fun (esp. when its crawling with fans), not because its the best food you've ever had.

:crying1: Spam is over. It was sure fun, and the last show was really wonderful, as all of the recaps attest. I grinned from opening curtain until the final kiss Clay blew from the roof, and still find that ICG work its way across my face as I reflect on the past few days.

It was great to see the FCA folks at Carmines and into the evening. ChaCha, I'll be in touch about the DuPont theater thing.

I really don't have anything to add other than that I love being a Clay Aiken fan.

:clap:

Is Juniors the place right across from the Shubert? The only thing I have had from there is hot chocolate and it was awesome. And I used their bathroom & it was very clean.

We also looked at the Sardi's menu. Wow is that place expensive!! didn't even go inside the menu was posted on the window --must be how the keep the poor folk like me out.

My niece was very upset about that picture posted here w/Clay "groping" (her word) that lady. I could not even explain it to her because I don't really like it either. I know that makes me sound like a prude. I don't like pictures like that never have. I find them disreptful to women.

I am someone who has a picture like that of me out there somewhere. I was 15 he was 18 (sister's friend) and he did that right when we were taking a group picture. It put me in an awful position because if I was mad/angry it was my fault because "why can't you just take a joke?" I am 28 now and to this day if I am a group shot I post standing sideways, stand in the back (that doesn't work good for my short self) or fold my arms.

Know I am in the minority on that point of the view.

on a positive note

My niece who I told you has a lot of issues behavior & learning earned her first A on a science test she was so happy :)

Gosh, I really love this thread title! :lilredani:

I wasn't able to get into Junior's in December, the place was packed the one time I tried. But back in March and May I enjoyed it. I am glad I finally got to try John's Pizzeria, it was really good. I will miss NYC, and that's something I never thought I'd be saying. It was never in my top ten list of places to visit....but then again, neither was Las Vegas. It's amazing how many new places I've visited because Clay led me there! I can't wait to find out what's next in my travel plans. :P

From CH via CV:

I read this at CV but anyone can check. Hee

Reed changed his song to "Your Love Is My Love".

If tomorrow is judgement day (sing mommy)

And I'm standin' on the front line

And the Lord ask me what I did w/ my life

I will say I spent it with you

If I wake up in WW3

I see destruction and poverty

And I feel like I want to go home

It's okay if you're commin' with me

Cause your love is my love

and my love is your love

It would take an eternity to break us

And the chains of Amistad couln't hold us

If I lose my fame and fortune

And I'm homeless on the street

And I'm sleepin' in Grand Central Station

It's okay if you're sleepin' with me

As the years they pass us by

we stay young through each other's eyes

And no matter how old we get

It's okay as long as I got you babe

[chorus]

If I should die this very day

Don't cry, cause on earth we wasn't meant to stay

And no matter what people say

I'll be waiting for you after the judgement day

*dies, dead, done*

Ok, I don't do the MySpace thing, but since it's public and all, I figure it's ok to bring this over.....wow, I think I have something in my eye. ;)