#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

I have no interest in AI...cool if they used pictures or footage of Clay in their opening, but they always use him when it's convenient and diss him when it's convenient. If he is invited to appear on the show, then I'll be doing a happy dance and watching.

It flippin' cold here this morning.....-19 C. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Stay warm y'all!

I had a dream because of the use of his American Idol clips. And boy did I wish it was true once I woke up... Anyway, you know how they've been talking about having younger mentors? Well, Clay was one of them and was appearing on the show as a mentor to plug his new album and his new tour! :lol: It was very sad to wake, indeed...

Oh, and he was wearing a really, really big bow tie... no idea why, though... :P

ETA: luckiest1--BRRR! How do you stand it?

I found this link from lyricAKP over at CH

15 Reasons Mr Rogers was the best neighbour ever

He really was such special person and, like lyricAKP, I found a number of things about Mr. Rogers that I did not know.

Did you know that all the cardigans he wore were hand knit by his mother?

ETA: luckiest1--BRRR! How do you stand it?

I don't have much choice. Hee, I try not to go outside.

So according to this Broadway.com article, Tom Deckman, Michael Siberry & Bradley Dean are going on tour for Spamalot:

http://www.broadway.com/Leads-Announced-fo...way_news/524259

Although I'm confused, because previously it was announced that Richard Chamberlain would be King.

I thought this, from CH, was pretty cool. If I had $500 I'd be there, though! ;)

I just wanted to share that it is possible to support the TBAF Golfing for Inclusion without actually attending. I checked with Aron Hall about sponsoring someone from a youth golf program and he said they have a connection with the First Tee program in Florida and that sponsorship is possible.

I will be sending in a donation equal to one participant in the full day's events ($500) and TBAF will match it to a young golfer. I see it as an opportunity to advance a young person’s interest and skills in golf and in the work of the Bubel/Aiken Foundation.

If you are interested in doing something similar you can use the registration form at the TBAF web site. Check the entry that says

Phantom Sponsor($500): "I can’t go, but I’d like to help someone else participate." Please note the person’s name below. If you leave the name blank, TBAF will use the sponsorship at its discretion.

If you need more information contact:

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation

104 TW Alexander Dr

Building 1

PO Box 110104

Research Triangle Park, NC 27709

Phone: 919.314.5540

Fax: 919.314.5541

Aron Hall [contactus@bubelaiken.org]

I think there might be 2 touring companies. Cha cha and I are going to see Spam in Wilmington, DE in late March. I called the theater before we bought our tickets and they confirmed that Richard Chamberlain was in the cast. I hope that hasn't changed.

So according to this Broadway.com article, Tom Deckman, Michael Siberry & Bradley Dean are going on tour for Spamalot:

http://www.broadway.com/Leads-Announced-fo...way_news/524259

Although I'm confused, because previously it was announced that Richard Chamberlain would be King.

Despite the date, I think that this is an old article. The national tour of Spamalot has been going on for a long time, and both Siberry and Dean were in it before they got the roles on Broadway. Not sure about Deckman though. I know he didn't originate the role on Broadway so he might also have come from the touring company.

ETA: Yup, here's an original article similar to the broadway.com one, from 2006: Spamalot_Tour_Rehearsals_Begin_in_New_York_for_March_7_Boston_Opening. Same cast, same opening date and city, just three years ago.

I think there might be 2 touring companies. Cha cha and I are going to see Spam in Wilmington, DE in late March. I called the theater before we bought our tickets and they confirmed that Richard Chamberlain was in the cast. I hope that hasn't changed.

Me too!!! I guess we'll be going regardless - but I really really want to see Richard Chamberlain!!!

More Drama in the Never-Ending-Virus-Saga!

This morning when I booted up in place of my wallpaper, I got a green and red flashing WARNING saying I could be infected and I should scan the computer - in very bad Enlish.

I am running Spybot - search and destroy and the AVG virus scanner again. (on the laptop right now)

ARRRGGGHHHHH!

Despite the date, I think that this is an old article. The national tour of Spamalot has been going on for a long time, and both Siberry and Dean were in it before they got the roles on Broadway. Not sure about Deckman though. I know he didn't originate the role on Broadway so he might also have come from the touring company.

ETA: Yup, here's an original article similar to the broadway.com one, from 2006: Spamalot_Tour_Rehearsals_Begin_in_New_York_for_March_7_Boston_Opening. Same cast, same opening date and city, just three years ago.

Ah, thanks jmh123. Seems that they've used an old article. I'd still like to go and see it if it comes close enough. I saw an ad for it on a US channel out of Detroit this morning, so I'm hopeful. Didn't catch the details though.

Here is the real 2009 schedule: http://www.montypythonsspamalot.com/spamal...ickets_info.php

Richard Chamberlain doesn't start until Jan 20th in Chicago

ETA - Its really sad to see. The official Spamalot website used to have multiple cities for tickets and mutiple casts. Now its just the touring one left. And when you go to the Playbill Store, all the Spamalot merchandise is marked down. BTW you can get the shirt with Clay for $17.95 or the Sir Robin magnet for $3.

I thought this, from CH, was pretty cool. If I had $500 I'd be there, though! ;)

I just wanted to share that it is possible to support the TBAF Golfing for Inclusion without actually attending. I checked with Aron Hall about sponsoring someone from a youth golf program and he said they have a connection with the First Tee program in Florida and that sponsorship is possible.

I will be sending in a donation equal to one participant in the full day's events ($500) and TBAF will match it to a young golfer. I see it as an opportunity to advance a young person’s interest and skills in golf and in the work of the Bubel/Aiken Foundation.

If you are interested in doing something similar you can use the registration form at the TBAF web site. Check the entry that says

Phantom Sponsor($500): "I can’t go, but I’d like to help someone else participate." Please note the person’s name below. If you leave the name blank, TBAF will use the sponsorship at its discretion.

If you need more information contact:

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation

104 TW Alexander Dr

Building 1

PO Box 110104

Research Triangle Park, NC 27709

Phone: 919.314.5540

Fax: 919.314.5541

Aron Hall [contactus@bubelaiken.org]

AT LAST a con.nec.tion! I work with The First Tee progam in Houston.

I wonder if there are enough people here to donate for a membership. I could probably donate $100. but not the entire $500. Anyone else interested or able to donate? PM me if you wish.

I'm not the least bit interested in AI but I do appreciate getting a download of any Clay appearances.

The First Tee is a free program that teaches youth life skills through the game of golf. i.e. Courtesy by not hitting someone with a golf club or honesty..not lying about your golf score etc. We run program for children ages 7-18 and we also have a National Schools prorgam that provides golf equipment to schools for the PE classes. It is a fun program that kids from all walks of life can attend....no belonging to a country club. We provide clubs etc. which if they stay in the program they get to keep. The majority cannot afford their own.

If you want I will keep track of names/amount and see if we can get enough together for a donation. Just PM me.

Hee fear and i had the same idea.

I'm going to the touring company of Spamalot this Friday night. While I'm a bit bummed that I'm not going to see Richard Chamberlin (Chicago is the city immediately AFTER our stop), I'm pleased because I'm getting to see Jonathan Hadary again. I really enjoyed his take on King Arthur, thought him a bit more "regal." Not to say I didn't like Siberry -- he fit the Monty Python spirit a bit better.

I'll come back over the weekend with a report.

Just chatted with couchie -- she's still sicker than a dog. I recommended Nyquil, as it got me through my latest bout of the creeping crud. Anyway, she had taken her Mom to the doctor's office for a regular appointment -- but as they were finishing, her Mom spaced out in front of her and the doctor, and they ended up taking her to the emergency room once again! It sounds as if she is having more tests. So, keep couchie and her mom in your thoughts....

I'm going to the touring company of Spamalot this Friday night. While I'm a bit bummed that I'm not going to see Richard Chamberlin (Chicago is the city immediately AFTER our stop), I'm pleased because I'm getting to see Jonathan Hadary again. I really enjoyed his take on King Arthur, thought him a bit more "regal." Not to say I didn't like Siberry -- he fit the Monty Python spirit a bit better.

I'll come back over the weekend with a report.

I didn't realise how difficult the part of King was until I witnessed both actors take on the part. I just don't know their names (and am too lazy to look it up) but I liked the first King better. Of course I am sure I would have absolutley loved the orginal actor because he is one of funniest actors (IMO)

I wanted to tell you I don't find socks & sandals a mortal sin but i don't understand it either. Kind of ruins the spirit of the sandal to me but what do I know. I am short and have read everywhere that I should not wear Capri's. I love Capri's and wear them all the time.

I met Richard Chamberlain when I was a kid. He dated one of my grandmother's co-workers.

Everyone going golfing have fun!!!!

and I hope all who are feeling sick feel better soon :)

Mercury in retrograde, folks... :unsure:

Couchie and CouchMama, warm thoughts your way!

Now y'all send some for me as I leave work now to go to a dreaded endodontist appointment for oral surgery.

:Ahh:

:scream:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :cry4: