#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

are any of my fellow plaguers doing better today. I think I feel even worse if that's possible.

I can't breathe and its very annoying!!

Exactly. So glad you said that. :hahaha: I thought it was just me. It's actually better than a few days ago, when it was baaaaad.

Love your new avi!

Thanks! I love it too. And it has a good message for me....

Still cannot breathe and it gets annoyinger and annoyinger (so what if that's not a word.... <_< )!

{{Couchie and couchiemom}} Boy I hope they can figure everything out soon and get it under control!

And muski, I hope this is the last time they dig around in the roots of those teeth! At least this time they gave you lots of drugs before, during and after!!

Off to see my new best friend - Afrin!

couchie - {{{{{huge hugs}}}}} for you and your Mom...

Freezing here too - below zero temps and the wind chill tomorrow all day and Friday until noonish are going to be -30 to -40 degrees... and then twenties up to thirties on the weekend... go figure. I hate winter.

Couchie you must be worried sick, not to mention exhausted. Do try to take care of yourself as much as you can. I know you're concern is mostly for your mother right now, but please take care of you. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

I think there might be 2 touring companies. Cha cha and I are going to see Spam in Wilmington, DE in late March. I called the theater before we bought our tickets and they confirmed that Richard Chamberlain was in the cast. I hope that hasn't changed.

Richard Chamberlain? I'll be interested to know how you like the show. He just seems so....old... to be playing that part. Isn't he like 74 or something? Does he do comedy?

It's freakin' freezing here! I hate winter with a burning hatred that should melt snow and ice.

According to imdb, Richard Chamberlain is 65. I think he could do comedy, but he's not famous for it. I can't wait for reports.

It's going to be -13 degrees tomorrow when I get up. That's insane.

Topic: wonder if Clay likes really cold weather?

Thanks, annabear and liney! :BlowKiss:

:hugs-1: to everyone who's under the weather or feeling down about the weather! Stay safe and warm everyone!

Here's a nice distraction for the snowbound: PC Magazine's 173 Best Free Software of 2009

On topic: Still sorely missing my favorite distraction...

:loveclaysbutt: and :Iluvclaysbutt:

Those who are not interested in Charice, please scroll.

I have just been told that she will be singing at the Inauguration Ball.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=WOvQVHZ_22k

I don't know how she was chosen, I would have thought preference would be given to American citizens or at least American residents but ah well. But I am thrilled for her as I've been promoting her for 2 years, long before anyone had even heard of her. But having said that, I would have preferred to find out Clay was to sing at this historical event.

tribeca... in another post you asked what the vault was. I have added it to the FCA glossary, which you can find at the top right of your screen, just under the "Help" button.

ETA: Couchie, I posted without reading the board... so I want to say DITTO to this...

Oh Couchie, I'm so sorry you're having all these troubles - I really hope that now that you're mom is in the stroke center, they'll get everything straightened out.

Cool link, Scarlett! Thanks for sharing. :BlowKiss:

Couchie, I'm so sorry about your Mom, and that you have to run around with her when you feel so awful. It's miserable to feel bad, but even more miserable to have to spend time in a hospital when you're sick with the crud! Hopefully the stroke team will be able to figure out why your Mom is having multiple strokes, and both of you will feel better soon. *HUGS*

Muski, take one (or two!) of these, and call me in the morning if you're not feeling better -

RS-2.jpg:hubbahubba: :hubbahubba:

Via the CH:

Winston Salem Journal.com

All in the family

Five years ago, Ruben Studdard -- AKA "The Velvet Teddy Bear" -- beat out North Carolina native Clay Aiken in the second season of American Idol. Now, Studdard is venturing into Clay country.

He is starring as Fats Waller in the 30th anniversary touring revival of Ain't Misbehavin', which is making a stop Friday and Saturday in Greensboro.

But Studdard said he isn't worried about being in his one-time rival's home turf. "We're such good friends -- and I beat him -- so I didn't think about that," he said with a laugh. "That's my boy, man. I just saw him about four weeks ago in Spamalot, and we got to hang out. It'll be good to come down there with the Claymates." (Aiken's fans refer to themselves as Claymates.)

Studdard said he appreciates the fact that he has a chance to perform in various musical genres.

"I never know what to expect with this line of work," he said. "Every day it's something different. This is giving Clay and I a chance to expand on the things people expect from us."

Go Ruben!

Thanks Scarlett! I'm going to have some funnnnnn :) on the weekend!

ETA: our year end is coming up at the end of January and my boss has discovered, of course, 70 million things that just HAVE to be completed before then...that she apparently hadn't thought about when I asked her that very question every month in the last year D101

So~my time's a little limited right now! To those I haven't gotten back to~sorry! Not ignoring you, I promise, just very few hours in the day right now....

Via the CH:

Winston Salem Journal.com

All in the family

"I never know what to expect with this line of work," he said. "Every day it's something different. This is giving Clay and I a chance to expand on the things people expect from us."

Go Ruben!

I guess his Momma finally got Ruben to stop saying "me and Clay". :cryingwlaughter: It was his signature line.

See, I know that day I missed in 4th grade would come back to bite me in the butt! (I blame all insufficient knowledge of grammar on that day. They apparently covered a lot.) Why "Clay and me" instead of "me and Clay"?

I'll be hornswaggled! Apparently the eHP are the forerunners of a trend, Hot Chicks! Who knew?

Well, apparently we did - hell, why didn't we write a book about what we do? Oh yeah, 'cause we're doing it. Oh well.

See, I know that day I missed in 4th grade would come back to bite me in the butt! (I blame all insufficient knowledge of grammar on that day. They apparently covered a lot.) Why "Clay and me" instead of "me and Clay"?

The rule is to always put the other person first, and it's that very rule that people have remembered so rigidly that they go and make the mistake of saying "Clay and I" when it should be "Clay and me". It depends on the context.

When it is broken up, it is easier to remember:

Clay is going to the movies

I am going to the movies

Clay and I are going to the movies

Clay, Tom, Dick, Harry and I are going to the movies.

You'd never say "me am going to the movies"

so you'd never say" Clay and me are going to the movies"

Come to the movies with me

Come to the movies with Clay and me

Come to the movies with Clay, Tom, Dick, Harry and me.

You'd never say "come to the movies with I"

So you'd never say "come to the movies with Clay and I"

KAndre, you were actually correct, just that you put yourself first !! Just not good manners!! HAHAHA

Ahhhhh. See, that's why I just stick with the imperial "we".

So, I should say:

Clay, Reed and I plan to participate in a ménage à trois strictly for prurient purposes.

I can live with that.

Though I have to admit, any sentence involving me, Clay and coming, seeing that Clay is a real Southern gentleman, I would expect to come first. And I mean that in the perviest way possible.

From CH:

More bow tie pictures via CV:

Link

Link

Mmmmm... Professor Clay... :tasty:

I bet in that one, he's showing them pics of Parker. :flirtysmile3: