#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

I'll be hornswaggled! Apparently the eHP are the forerunners of a trend, Hot Chicks! Who knew?

Well, apparently we did - hell, why didn't we write a book about what we do? Oh yeah, 'cause we're doing it. Oh well.

Hey, I've been doing it for twenty years. Never thought to write a book though. Dang.

Hi All,

Just taking a quick peek in from work...computer problems at home again...so I am only able to be on when I am work...going to be a long week-end at home with no computer access.

Thanks for missing me :hug:

Couchie Continued prayers for you and your Mom...I hope they can this figured out!

11 Days until Golfing For Inclusion! :yahoo:

Maybe I should give Merrieee my phone number so she can call me everyday when I am not online and I can let her know how many days! :cryingwlaughter:

-14 degrees today...my daughter's car would not start so I had to drive her to school...another crazy morning.

Everyone have a good day and stay warm.

Love to all,

Kim

Oh aikim what would I do without you???

Don't forget if you want to sposor a golfer at GFI I need to know by tomorrow am.

We are half way there.

I would love to help out, but just can't financially right now. Hope you can get your sponsorship!

Kim

{{{{{couchie and couchiemama}}}}}

Couchie - I hope you are feeling better from your aches and pains as well.

Kim - I sympathize - my virus came back yesterday too.

At this rate I'll never get the 2008 Review page done!

I did manage to do a little more work on it before the computer went beserk again!

Clay looks very cute--and I see that his style is right in keeping with the other two guys.

Cutting edge. LOL.

I truly love that man.

11 Days until Golfing For Inclusion! :yahoo:

Maybe I should give Merrieee my phone number so she can call me everyday when I am not online and I can let her know how many days! :cryingwlaughter:

Better yet, get merrieeee's phone number and call her. She has this neat call tone...

Hugs to {{{everyone battling winter weather}}}!!! Stay indoors if you can!

KAndre, ROTFL! :hahaha: I sneaked a peek at the board during a v. boring teleconference and after reading (hee!) your post I couldn't work the rest of the morning. Might as well call it a day now.

To continue along that line... So, when there's a combination of 1st, 2nd and 3rd person nouns, what's the order? Is it 3rd, 2nd and then 1st, ie. "Clay, hon, would you stop re-aligning those milk bottles so that Reed, you and I can play with those balls that KAndre tucked into my white elephant goodie bag?"

Luckiest, I have not idea but in my imaginary "Breakfast Club" world (triggered by the cute guy's Anthony Michael Hall outfit) they could be the maintenance guy and John Bender. Clay and Reed of course are the Brain and the Athlete.... I could so do either the Princess or the Basket Case ... or even "Basket Case of a Princess"

From CH:

More bow tie pictures via CV:

Link

L-R: David Hibbard (Patsy), some dorky-but-hawt-professor-type (with the ever present iPhone) and Rick Coroto (????).

Clay and Shannon Koger (from whose public Facebook pages these came from).

God, I love that man. His smile is KILLER.

I :::heart::: the bowtie.

I kan rite reel gud, but I kan nevir rembr "me" and "I'.

I may be weird, but my answer to living in the cold weather is to dress appropriately and get outside and do something! Unless you're truly allergic to the cold (hi Luckiest!) then of course you've got to say inside as much as possible. Today in SW ONtario, it is VERY cold, but the sun is shining beautifully and the new snow looks so pretty on all the trees. My kids are loving the huge volumes of snow we have these days and this weekend our family is going tubing. No sense fighting the weather, you'll never win.......instead try to enjoy it.

I hope this doesn't sound preachy....not my intention at all!

Heinz, you can enjoy it double for me! ;) I know other people who enjoy doing outdoor activities in the winter, too. Lots of them! I tried snowmobiling once, when I was a lot younger....worst experience of my life, LOL. I held on for dear life and kept screaming for the driver to stop so I could get off, but he couldn't hear me. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

From CH:

New UNICEF video about The Tap Project .. filmed in Somalia.

heinz - I can stand a little snow and sunshine, even a bit of below freezing temps.

But I draw the line at combining those with WATER!!! No thanks!!!

Cold weather and water sports do not sound like a pleasing combination!!!

SORRY!!! Y'all go ahead without me!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Good Afternoon, FCA! :BlowKiss:

If there is one theme I have seen over and over on the boards today (besides Clay, of course), it's about the cold temps. Of course, you took it to another level, cha cha! :lol:

heinz - I can stand a little snow and sunshine, even a bit of below freezing temps.

But I draw the line at combining those with WATER!!! No thanks!!!

Cold weather and water sports do not sound like a pleasing combination!!!

SORRY!!! Y'all go ahead without me!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Today is the anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s 80th birthday. I reworked a blog from two years ago to commemorate the occasion. Interestingly, the second most searched topic in my blog after Clay is MLK, many from foreign countries. Here's the link: Obama Presidency Fulfills King's Dream.

Sending lots of hugs and good vibes to you and your mom, Couch Tomato. :friends:

Have a great day, all! Stay warm! :clay:

Caro listen.gif

KAndre...LOVE that 'book' re: single women....I think I need to write a book, too, though. Something like "You Don't Have to Be Single to Live the Single Life!" 'coss I pretty much do all those things even though I'm married! :cryingwlaughter:

Home today, folks, since I'm in danger of tripping over my right cheek (not ass cheek, either, although as time goes by that is more and more a distinct possibility, demmit). Had my oral surgery and although the in-office time was less painful and traumatic than the three previous torture sessions, the post-surgical hours have NOT been hearts and flowers. I plan to just stay home today with ice packs, drugs, a novel and my pillow, thank you!

When I saw those Prof. Aiken pics, I thought how I'd like to unbutton his sleeves and push them up like the dark-haired guy in that first pic is doing. That would look :hubbahubba: , IMO. I DO like 00lsee's suggestion of slowing untying that bow tie, too. As a preliminary step, donchaknow.... :sleezy:

To continue along that line... So, when there's a combination of 1st, 2nd and 3rd person nouns, what's the order? Is it 3rd, 2nd and then 1st, ie. "Clay, hon, would you stop re-aligning those milk bottles so that Reed, you and I can play with those balls that KAndre tucked into my white elephant goodie bag?"

OK, if you're having that conversation, I think the 1st, 2nd or 3rd person question would pretty much be a moot point.... :naughtywag:

sitting here in a Vicadin fog....unfortunately, through the fog slices pure

agony

so I ask you.....how the HELL can I still be hungry when my mouth is screaming with pain?

muski... you stomach has no idea the pain you're in... :cryingwlaughter: Sawwy!!!

Couchie... no guilt allowed... you love and care for your mom the best you can and since your crystal ball wasn't turned on, you have nothing to feel bad about leaving your mom alone a couple of hours. Now, if your crystal ball went beep beep and you ignored it, then you can feel guilty. :cryingwlaughter: Good luck!!!

The UNICEF tap YouTube... O.M.G... how long that man's arms are! :hubbahubba: He was adorable getting the kids to come in at the end. Well, he's adorable all the time! Even in bowties and sweater vests.

Heinz, you can enjoy it double for me! ;) I know other people who enjoy doing outdoor activities in the winter, too. Lots of them! I tried snowmobiling once, when I was a lot younger....worst experience of my life, LOL. I held on for dear life and kept screaming for the driver to stop so I could get off, but he couldn't hear me. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I spent a good bit of my childhood on a skidoo. But then again I lived up north where we had enough snow to skidoo from the beginning of Nov until April. My parents had a skidoo rigged up for me that would only go really slow. I spend most evenings and weekends doing a circut around my backyard on my skidoo giving rides to the neighbourhood kids.

I totally understand those that can't handle the cold. I am such a heat wimp it isn't even funny.

I totally understand those that can't handle the cold. I am such a heat wimp it isn't even funny.

That's me too. I always say that you can keep adding layers, but after a while, there's only so many layers you can take OFF.

Hope everyone involved in the plane crash is safe and secure.

Love, love, love the UNICEF video, even if I've only been able to watch it with the sound down. He looks fantastic, and I love the white...uh...whatever it is. I've seen it posted, but can't remember. Anyway, he looked so relaxed and comfortable....

And professor Aiken is hawt. That smile of his is k-i-l-l-e-r. And I love him pulling out his iPhone, for whatever reason it is. (Pictures of Parker is my guess....)

From CH:

More bow tie pictures via CV:

Link

Link

OK, so I love the bow tie and the Professor Aiken look, but my favorite part?

The stubble! Oh man am I a stubble fan! :hubbahubba: Stubba-hubba, Clay!

:elephanthugs: to Couchie and couchie mama and to muskifest. I hope things start looking up for y'all!