#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

{{{{{couchie and couchiemomma}}}}}

{{{{{muski}}}}}

{{{{{{sickies}}}}}}}

Scarlett... congrats on the new job and the wonderfulness of your battery story. There really are more good people in this world than we know... they just don't make the news.

Awww.

:elephanthugs: To Couch Tomato and Couch Tomato Mum and to muskifest and all da sick FCA-ers!

Was just catching up and read posts of virus problems. I use Spybot Search and Destroy also, and there is another program that works in conjunction with Spybot. It is called SpywareBlaster. This program does not search for stuff, but prevents it from downloading into your computer. There is a free version that one has to update on a regular basis to cover all the crap that the idiots are putting out there. There is a paid version that automatically updates. I have been using the free version for a few years, and it keeps my computer safe. It works! I found out about this program from the guys at Spybot. You can check it out and download it at Cnet.com. That is where I got it, on their Download.com site. The icon is a guy with dark hair, dark glasses, and a shield.

I also use Norton's Internet Security and Ad-Aware, free version, which Cnet ranks higher than Spybot to remove stuff. I have not had to remove anything since I started using the SpywareBlaster.

I just got home and omg, has anyone heard from aikim? We didn't have a countdown today. I think the weather in Chicago is terrible this week. I hope she's ok.

ETA: Oh, I see she posted at CV briefly. {{{everyone battling the winter weather}}}

Honestly I want to kick somebody's ass or scream or something. So I take my mom to her regular doctor...just so we can follow up with her since the stroke. Cuz the other doctors had taken her off some of her medication. She gets through the doctor's appointment - the doctor is finishing up, saying goodbye and walking out the door when I look at my mom. Something's wrong. Just that fast. Her face was crooked, her speech was slurred. She couldn't lift her arm. I call her doctor back and she sees it right away. They call the ambulance and transport her to the hospital which is just down the street. Before the ambulance got there she seemed ok. In fact 5 minutes laters she was like back to normal. But you know..ER..wait wait wait, test test test. Everything normal. They release her. I finally talk to a good social worker. We're all positive. We get home. She has trouble with her walker..so I take everything in the house..go back to get her... I get her to the couch...zap..one minute later she's having another stroke. I called 911. Ambulance jsut left.they are bypassing her normal hospital and taking her straight to a stroke center. Now I'm just waiting for my sister to get off work, and come pick me up. You know already I had kinda gotten complacent on that 24/7 care thing. I went to my job interview the other day..and just left her for a couple hours. They said they can't give her the normal stuff because of her brain bleed.. Anyway, keep us in your thought because this is getting scarier by the day.

Honestly I want to kick somebody's ass or scream or something. So I take my mom to her regular doctor...just so we can follow up with her since the stroke. Cuz the other doctors had taken her off some of her medication. She gets through the doctor's appointment - the doctor is finishing up, saying goodbye and walking out the door when I look at my mom. Something's wrong. Just that fast. Her face was crooked, her speech was slurred. She couldn't lift her arm. I call her doctor back and she sees it right away. They call the ambulance and transport her to the hospital which is just down the street. Before the ambulance got there she seemed ok. In fact 5 minutes laters she was like back to normal. But you know..ER..wait wait wait, test test test. Everything normal. They release her. I finally talk to a good social worker. We're all positive. We get home. She has trouble with her walker..so I take everything in the house..go back to get her... I get her to the couch...zap..one minute later she's having another stroke. I called 911. Ambulance jsut left.they are bypassing her normal hospital and taking her straight to a stroke center. Now I'm just waiting for my sister to get off work, and come pick me up. You know already I had kinda gotten complacent on that 24/7 care thing. I went to my job interview the other day..and just left her for a couple hours. They said they can't give her the normal stuff because of her brain bleed.. Anyway, keep us in your thought because this is getting scarier by the day.

Keeping you and your dear Mama in my best thoughts and prayers! :thbighug-1: {{{Couchie and Mama Tomato}}}

Oh dear, {{{Couchie & Mama Tomato}}}. How scary! Prayers & positive thoughts coming your way. :hugs-1:

Hope things went well - as well as possible, anyway - at the dentist, muski. :bloomingflowers:

Congrats on the new job & the good luck with your battery situation, Scarlett! :whoo:

Get well wishes to all the FCA'ers coughing, sniffling, sneezing, etc. :BlowKiss:

Oh, couchie. I hope you can feel the positive thoughts from all the way across the country because they are coming at you hard.

Couchie I'm so sorry about your mom's sickness. I hope her condition is improving. Poor things--you both must be so stressed.

Couchie....how scary! And for you to be feeling like shit yourself when this is all happening. I'm so sorry. Please do what you can to take care of yourself, too, while you take care of your mom. :BlowKiss:

My oral surgery was an hour and 45 minutes...actually less traumatic than previous excavations on this poor tooth since he gave me drugs to take before I got there and then had the nitrous over my nose the whole time. HOme now....and the novacaine is wearing off which means it's gonna be time for more drugs real soon. He said that he'd discovered the problem. A canal of the tooth's root was actually poking out through the bone of the tooth!

Or something. :8:

I'm not quite sure. He was explaining and drawing pictures for me immediately afterwards so I need a refresher explanation, I think. :crazy:

Sooooo....has CLay announced his next tour yet? :cryingwlaughter:

The good doctor wishes he could do something to help. In the mean time, he's offering a boyish grin to cheer everyone up... :claykiss:

doctor_clay.gif

Couchie- Your Mom is in my prayers. I went through what you are going through 5 years ago. My mom is now 87 and has some limintations but has managed to live by herself with my sister and I being there as much as possible with both of us working. I also have two other sisters who both live out of state so they have not been around much. My one sister has offered to have mom come down to Kentucky for the next two month since it is warmer there. We are working on it and do not know if it will happen. I think it would do them both good. She has not spent much time with my mom and also she still has a 12 year old at home and a dog. I think it would give a different atmoshere for my mom who this time of year is stuck in her house since it is so cold and can not even go out to the mailbox since it is so icy on the driveway.

{{{{couchie and couchiemama}}}} I am sending my good thoughts along with the rest of your FCA family. My mom had many episodes of TIA (which sounds similar to what you're going through with your mom) and I know it's scary. I'm very glad you are able to be there with her. Stay strong, and take care of yourself as well. :friends: