#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

Re heinz and cold weather/water - glad to hear you've canceled the tubing! I didn't know your kids were so small!! Maybe you could just build a snowman? :)

I'm wondering if something went wrong in the translation....tubing and water? Winter tubing doesn't involve water at all. It's going down large hills (sliding) on tubes. We have quite a few ski hills/tubing parks are here that provide the tubes, the ride back to the top and what not. Here's the link to a site close to here and it has a few pictures.

http://www.rivervalleygolfandtube.com/tube.htm

No snowman building these days as the snow is not sticky. It needs to be much warmer for that. We have a few hills in our yard, so sliding is always fun.

nothing against Justin Guarini but I hope Clay isn't following his career path

question

the lady who made the montage gave permission for it to be used. Did Clay have to give permission for his song to be used?

It would be really great if they showed the montage on TV :)

nothing against Justin Guarini but I hope Clay isn't following his career path

question

the lady who made the montage gave permission for it to be used. Did Clay have to give permission for his song to be used?

It would be really great if they showed the montage on TV :)

If Clay starts his own record label, I doubt it will have had anything to do with Justin. Just sayin'.

I would think if they use Clay's song for anything they'd have to pay for the rights to use it, which they most likely would have! However, they could also use the images and not use the sound track. I guess we'll have to wait and see. :)

heinz - you are right! I did think of water when you said 'tubing' -- my daughter and her bf are into kayaking and just went during the week between Christmas and New Year's so my mind just automatically thought of water. My mistake! That does sound like fun, and I might even like to try it! Do you have to have special tubes, or will any ole innertube do?

We used to have a tractor tire innertube we used in our swimming pool when I was growing up. I wonder where one could get one of those these days??? :)

The news about the SAU montage makes me very happy. Sure hope it is broadcast on tv so millions of others can hear it. Are they broadcasting the inauguration balls? I've never watched before.

Ay iz afeerd too post aht thes hear bord, as Ay downt rite gud.

:hahaha:

====================================================

Just to clarify the clayaiken.com issue: Per butterflyshine, who is a mod at the OFC, Clay has owned the clayaiken.com name for several years.

Clay doesn't own the server. Yes, Clay owns the name ClayAiken.com, the site was hosted and maintained by Sony/RCA. The site was yanked yesterday and the redirect is now to Clayonline.com. The message board, and only the message board will be returning and will most likely be hosted on the Sparkart servers just like Clayonline.com. Don't know if this will be the permanent place for the ClayAiken.com message board.

I think that's Clay .04 seconds into the tape, on the right, walking up the steps onto the stage. Vest, no jacket.

also someone in the comments linked to another part where you could see Clay. It isn't a big clip of him but it's something :)

I was only responding to the person who said Justin started his own record label. I followed Justin's career a bit and his cd's don't sell. TV guide promotes him a lot. I didn't think Justin would have anything to do w/ Clay's career. Last I heard Justin will be on Gone Country the reality show.

Just to add some more... the photos on Clay's myspace from Spamalot that were linked from RCA websites no longer work (i.e., they have been deleted from the RCA sites). The linked ones from clayonline.com and montypythonspamalot.com are fine and obviously the uploaded photos and myspace theme is still in tact. The label on the page still says RCA though. I also think its interesting there are no posted comments since October. I find it hard to believe nobody has posted anything on Clay's myspace since then. Last log-in was yesterday but it looks like someone isn't putting the comments through.

Happy TGIF, FCA! :BlowKiss:

LOL, sounds like a bunch of English teachers reside here. As a former journalist, I also read the boards with a "mental" proofreader's pencil in hand. No pet peeves, but they do register. When we were dating, my husband said he was intimidated every time he wrote me a letter. :lol:

I'm reading all these grammar comments -- and laughing, because several of these "mistakes" Clay made in his "Elephants in the Room" blog! Yes, I wanted to take a red pen to his "its/it's" problem...

The whole RCA thing? While the latest addition to the puzzle does make me curious (for those that don't know, clayaiken.com, which is owned by RCA, yesterday started redirecting to clayonline.com), I really don't care. I believe he'll keep entertaining me for a long time to come. It just may not be at RCA, and that's fine. Wherever he ends up, that's cool.

I have enjoyed your ongoing discussion about Clay's career. I believe our guy has an astute business sense to go along with his incredible voice and entertainment skills, so I don't worry. I'm sure we will be told his next career move in time ... and hear him singing new songs SOON!

Many thnx for the hits and the comments in the MLK blog. According to the Google searches in the "Clay-less" Carolina "live feed," I have provided both lesson plans for teachers and homework for (their) students.

Mr. Caro is as snarky as one Clay Aiken, and I highly recommend the segment -- Harsh Lesson in Discrimination -- about his experiences as a white drummer in an otherwise all-black band in the 1960's. The Fayetteville Country Club will never be the same. :lol:

HEAT WAVE -- The temp has risen from 16 to 18 degrees while I was writing this post. :whistling-1:

Have a great weekend, all! :friends:

Caro listen.gif

Caro... I really enjoyed your blog and tho I was an adult when the civil rights movement was at it's peak, I was going thru having two babys 17 months apart by c-section and really didn't pay all that much attention. I loved your DH's story.

Grammer... part of my job is proofreading. I have come to love typos that are funny. One time someone wrote a one-page flyer and in the title they used the word Butt instead of But and after passing around the upper eschelons of the company before it got to me, no one else noticed that. I was dying laughing.

My boss types roll instead of role every single time and spellcheck doesn't pick that up. He is smart enough, tho, that after the Butt episode, to declare that nothing goes to a client before I proofread it.

Merrieeee... :clap: :clap::clap:

I think that's Clay .04 seconds into the tape, on the right, walking up the steps onto the stage. Vest, no jacket.

also someone in the comments linked to another part where you could see Clay. It isn't a big clip of him but it's something :)

I don't see the linked video you are referencing.....can you provide a direct link?

I had some friends in Bahama, back in the 70s. Was Fancytown still there when you lived there? A bunch of shacks with no running water, no electricity--ah, the back-to-nature days.

That was my subdivision!!!!!

Heeee....no I never saw anything about Fancytown, I never went into Bahama downtown (pop. 162 when I lived there) unless I had to get something at the post office. My house was in the woods, though, I lived on Blalock Road, we voted to keep it gravel (less kids speeding) and everybody had at least two acres of woods. Pretty cool except you could get shot just sitting out on your deck during hunting season.

Ah, the lull before the storm named What Label Does Clay Belong To and Who is he Gonna Hang Out With Career-wise.

FWIW, I don't think David Foster forced Buble or Groban into any niches or boxes - I doubt he could pry them out, really. I think Foster just goes with strengths. (In the event that Clay is gone from RCA and signs with Foster).

Never a dull or predictable (Clay, not the fans' reactions!) or non-contentious moment! :-O

Tribeca, i couldn't find Clay in the Spam video. If he is in it could you give us the time so I can stop the video and search? I was never very good at the find things game.

After watching the video I think that you will see Clay from 0.37 to 0.41, 1.09 to 1.11 and 1.26 to 1.28.

Ah, the lull before the storm named What Label Does Clay Belong To and Who is he Gonna Hang Out With Career-wise.

The storm has already started...I got lots of scroll past quickly practise on other boards today.

The thing about speculation for me is, I enjoy it when it's fun (ie, the are they or they Clay/Reed speculation). RCA/Clay speculation stopped being fun about.... well for me it never was. Yes, I'm using my own personally filtered definition of fun. My qualifiers are that it makes me laugh, or smile or learn something, or even just drool (in the case if Clay/Reed *g*).

I just can't do the gerbil wheel again. It isn't good for me, and I don't believe it's good for Clay either (again, insert disclaimers here). I don't believe any of it can help him, even a little bit, and I do believe that it can harm him.

Gorgeous pictures of a gorgeous man.

I don't mind the speculation, actually enjoy most of it, as long as people don't get too invested in whatever scenerio they come up with or don't act like they know what is going to happen, because they don't.

And although I don't believe in the whole conspiracy theory, it doesn't stop me from thinkng that there are a bunch of idiots at RCA.

I hate to sound stupid, but why would RCA sabotage Clay anyway? I mean, I can understand them thinking that he's not the hot thing anymore (especially considering the :2: worthy sales for OMWH) and dropping him, but deliberately bringing him down or something? :shrug: I guess the incompetence thing just seems more likely.

And before anyone starts thinking, "wow, how clueless is clayzy?" I'll point out that this is my first go round on the RCA/Clay train. :P

I'll point out that this is my first go round on the RCA/Clay train.

Don't worry this is the tune that never ends! You'll read it over and over again. It is seriously like a merrie-go-round! Some of us decided to jump off and have never regreted it.

Yeah for FCA and couchie!