#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

A US Airways flight from LaGuardia to Charlotte NC has crashed on take off into the Hudson River. It was a 'controlled' water landing and they are reporting all have been rescued.

I watched the MSNBC feed of the rescue for a while (they had the best view) and it was amazing. The NJ Ferries got to the plane first and apparently started helping people off the plane. The pilot is a hero, for sure, to land that plane, intact, in the water.

Heading home now...hate having to go back out in the cold!

Briefly looked at the UNICEF clip...wish he would grow his hair out long again!

For Merrieeee:

Friday: 10 Days until Golfing For Inclusion! :yahoo:

Saturday: 9 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!:yahoo:

Sunday: 8 Days until Golfing For Inclusion! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great week-end and I will see you on Monday unless I get the blankety-blank computer fixed and then it will be sooner!

Kim

A US Airways flight from LaGuardia to Charlotte NC has crashed on take off into the Hudson River. It was a 'controlled' water landing and they are reporting all have been rescued.

Yikes! How scary. Glad to hear that everyone is ok. But I bet they were co-o-o-o-ld.

Wow, how awesome is that Unicef video? I found the sound better when I lowered it. Would be great to get a higher definition version of that video. I love how he has obviously rehearsed the kids to join in with him at the end. :wub:

I hate to sound sour, but I'm betting it'll be maybe three days before someone files a lawsuit... :(

So... I have a question... Is there anyplace where I can download any music videos other than Invisible? Or were they not released on the internet?

Actually, it should be "Clay and me"... LOL

I was just going to say the same thing. Poor guy just can't get it right!! But, he's a nice guy and I hope the musical has been going well for him. (not for "he")

Do you think Clay might go and see him while he performs in Greensboro?

I hate to sound sour, but I'm betting it'll be maybe three days before someone files a lawsuit... :(

So... I have a question... Is there anyplace where I can download any music videos other than Invisible? Or were they not released on the internet?

Try Clack Unlimited. That link will take you directly to the page that has TITN, Inivisble, The Way, and Without You.

I realize that 'Clay and me' is more grammatically correct, but 'Clay and I' somehow sounds more proper. I don't know why, though!

Yeah, except that the birds responsible are likely dead. Maybe their estates? But, yeah. No doubt.

It's amazing to me that with everything that CAN go wrong with air travel, that these incidents remain so rare. Gives a whole new meaning to losing one's luggage, though, doesn't it?

I realize that 'Clay and me' is more grammatically correct, but 'Clay and I' somehow sounds more proper. I don't know why, though!

That's because it has become so common place that you have become accustomed to hearing it said that way. In fact, I know people who correct their kids, incorrectly!!!!

Other commonly, but incorrectly, used terms:

WRONG: I would of gone to the movies with you

RIGHT: I would have gone to the movies with you

WRONG: Her and I are going to the movies

RIGHT: She and I are going to the movies

WRONG: Her is going to the movies

RIGHT: She is going to the movies

THEREFORE: She and I are going to the movies

Today's lesson is over, girls and boys. Boys? Any boys here?

ACK!! Am I in class or at FCA?! Grammar, pronouns and tenses - oh my! :cryingwlaughter:

OMG, this one drives me nuts. That and the incorrect use of 'would have' instead of 'had'...

i.e.

WRONG: If I would have known you wanted company, I would have gone to the movies with you.

RIGHT: If I had known you wanted company, I would have gone to the movies with you.

But I know that so many people use the 'wrong' way it has become accepted now, too. Whatever...

So....the 'signs' that Clay and RCA are no longer the uneasy team they've been these past years seem to be increasing. The RCA site basically redirects people to the OFC and the RCA-run MySpace looks like a ghost town, with nothing since last October and some previously posted info (causes) missing. Of course, I never go to those places anyway, so I'm only saying what I've read on other message boards. Actually, I won't be surprised either way...the only thing that would surprise me about Clay Aiken is if he were to become predictable. :hahaha:

Since I have no idea of what went on between Clay and RCA, I'm just going to sit back and watch things unfold. The only thing I'm absolutely positive of is that Clay's voice is one of the most unique and pleasing voices out there. :8: The only thing I'm doing is looking forward to whatever happens next. :EmoticonRingAround:

The only thing I'm worried about is that my grammer is correct. :please:

So....the 'signs' that Clay and RCA are no longer the uneasy team they've been these past years seem to be increasing. The RCA site basically redirects people to the OFC and the RCA-run MySpace looks like a ghost town, with nothing since last October and some previously posted info (causes) missing. Of course, I never go to those places anyway, so I'm only saying what I've read on other message boards. Actually, I won't be surprised either way...the only thing that would surprise me about Clay Aiken is if he were to become predictable.

Increasing from what though? From none to (possibly) two, or is there something else? He's never had much of a presence on the RCA site, except for the beginnings of album cycles. Hell, Clay can't keep is own site updated. Speculation about the label runs rampant (I'm not saying you, muski - the boards in general) every time he's between things. I, too, would not be surprised by much of anything anymore, but I just don't agree that this is enough to fuel all the speculation that it does. Not that that ever stopped us before *g*

ETA:, BWAH! Fear - your grammar seems just fine to me. :bighug:

So....the 'signs' that Clay and RCA are no longer the uneasy team they've been these past years seem to be increasing. The RCA site basically redirects people to the OFC and the RCA-run MySpace looks like a ghost town, with nothing since last October and some previously posted info (causes) missing. Of course, I never go to those places anyway, so I'm only saying what I've read on other message boards. Actually, I won't be surprised either way...the only thing that would surprise me about Clay Aiken is if he were to become predictable. :hahaha:

Well, RCA never kept up his MySpace page and people were always directed to the OFC and since he has nothing current to promote, why would they waste time and money on Clay? Actually, there are several artists on the RCA roster who don't have much on RCA's website.

Seems like at least 2 to 3 times a year we hear there are signs that Clay and RCA have parted ways. Wasn't it about a year ago there was "proof" and people were rejoicing and then came OMWH? I will know that it is true when some official source tells me it is.

Besides, TMZ hasn't reported it. Seems if they can find out Clay and Jaymes are having a baby together, finding out the state of his recording contract should be a piece of cake! :cryingwlaughter:

On another note......

With all due respect to the glasses/bow tie lovers here, Clay really seems to channeling his inner Orville lately!! :scream:

455315697_oy73g-L-1.jpgorville-707825-1.jpg

Besides, TMZ hasn't reported it. Seems if they can find out Clay and Jaymes are having a baby together, finding out the state of recording contract should be a piece of cake!

Claygasm

that is pretty funny

i felt kind dirty writing the name

Clay Aiken RCA message board is down to. I just posted on it yesterday & i want to log on it today & it took me to the OFC

BTW

Clay wears the bow tie better than Orville

That man is magic. I don't care what he's wearing..that smile on that photo just lifted my spirits! He's CUTE.

Just a quick note that mom is doing MUCH better today. She was alert and talking. This stroke though affected her right side (the other one her left side..so who knows maybe that means she's perfect hee) and her speech so she'll need speech and physical therapy. Still don't know the entire scope..they are doing another test tomorrow (an MRI?). Thanks for all the good thoughts heading this way.

Whew, finally got home from a very interesting workshop at my church, but I was dying to see that video!!! Squeeeeee! I hope we get an official copy from Unicef.

Glad to hear the encouraging news, couchie!!! Hang in there! Keeping you both in my best thoughts and prayers...

ROTFL! This reminds me of a T-shirt that a former AI2 contestant turned current gf of a past AI winner used to wear. The front of her t-shirt said, "Yes, I am her!" :cryingwlaughter:

*waves at Gibby and fromClaygary* and *winks at annabear*

BTW

Clay wears the bow tie better than Orville

:yeahthat:

Good news about Mama Tomato! :clap: Hope you're feeling better yourself, Couchie. :bighug:

Sorry about your computer woes, cha cha & aikim!

It's a lovely -4 with a windchill of -25 here tonight :freezing: and work & school are kicking my behind this week! :onFire:

*Winks back at Scarlett before heading off to...* :claydreaming_ClayIzzaQt:

Couchie, so glad to hear that your mom is better, despite the need for therapy, etc. Hope you are feeling better, too. Please take care of yourself.

{{{Couchie, Muski and anyone else needing hugs}}}

I love the bow tie photos. They really are so very Clay. Lord help me, I sound a bit like that over the top, overdone Debby Boone song, but Clay really does light up my life. It's the mushy, sappy truth. :songstuckinhead: His smile just "sends" me.

K'Andre & Scarlett: Very OT but after reading K'Andre's latest recap of her trip to Japan, I just had to find and read the recaps of past eHP adventures. Thank you so much for sharing your fun, and for the laughs and beautiful photos. I always wanted to visit most of Asia. Afraid the closest I ever got was an airport layover in Bangkok on my way to Australia. Maybe one day I will still get there. Anyway, I loved your travelogues so much. Of course, I am insanely jellus, but that will be our secret...right?

RCA Who? :hahaha: That said, I just want to hear Clay's voice singing to me, my friends and the world at large-on stage, TV, CD's and Lord willing, on the radio, radio, radio. And I want Clay & family to be financially set for life. As long as those things are happening, I'm not particular about the companies or alphabets involved. I'm basically easy-if Clay's content and happy, then my Clay world is generally quite happy, too.

couchie, so glad your mother is doing better. take care of yourself.

I still check in with the obama montage, from time to time. I was thrilled that it is approaching the 600,000 views. a few minutes ago it was 599, 219. Here is a nice post from a few hours ago from someone who appears to be a nju (based on his/her favorite videos)

Wow. Clay sounding like a young Nat King Cole (that song is beyond exquisite), and those divine pictures... this is one for the history books...

ETA: While others focus on the bow tie, I am examining the shirt. i don't detect a t shirt under there.

That's because it has become so common place that you have become accustomed to hearing it said that way. In fact, I know people who correct their kids, incorrectly!!!!

Other commonly, but incorrectly, used terms:

Today's lesson is over, girls and boys. Boys? Any boys here?

Thanks Teach!! Those grammar mistakes bug me too!

Quick observation about the "would of" thing. It probably evolved from people saying "would've" in a way that caused people to start spelling and saying it as "would of." (that is all.) :)

Some spelling mistakes bug me too. Like when someone spells "definitely" wrong and puts an 'a' in it. Or when people abbreviate "et cetera" incorrectly, putting 'ect' instead of 'etc.' We all have our little quirks I guess!! :)

Hearing about that plane crash reminded me of a winter day a long time ago when a plane crashed after take-off from National Airport and landed in the Potomac River near the 14th St Bridge. It was all because the plane wasn't de-iced properly, What a tragedy that was. They made a movie out it a few years later. I was home with my babies watching the whole thing on TV.

:hugs-1: to all who need them!! :offtobed:

eta: that pic of Clay next to Orville is just plain scary.

eata: imdb says Richard Chamberlain was born March 31, 1934. Doesn't that make him almost 75? :)

eata: (yes I am going to bed soon, thanks :) )

I was surfing and found the vid of Hannah showing a reporter around backstage at Spamalot...

and she picks up a Knight of Ni helmet and puts it on....

Does anyone know if the LOTL actually does play one of the Knights of Ni????

(I am the victim of a curious mind!) :goodnight:

Quick observation about the "would of" thing. It probably evolved from people saying "would've" in a way that caused people to start spelling and saying it as "would of." (that is all.)
:)

I agree, that's the root of "would of"!!!!

Actually, I can't believe I left out MY pet peeve, Your and You're.....

WRONG: Your going to the movies with me

RIGHT : You are going to the movies with me

RIGHT : You're (contraction of "you are") going to the movies with me

The word "your" is the possessive term for the word "you"

SO...The suitcase in the car belongs to you

WRONG: You're suitcase is in the car.

RIGHT: Your suitcase is in the car

I never realised this was such an issue until I started using the internet. Having worked in offices all my life, I don't recall seeing it misused very often, but it is rampant on the net, in blogs and blog comments, forum posts, emails, instant messaging, even from people who are middle-aged university graduates, which is surprising because in the good old days, there was a lot of emphasis on correct grammar, spelling etc.. And now with text messaging being the way so many young people communicate, no one ever questions the strange abbreviations cuz w/ txtng, n e tng gos. Do U no wht i mn?

ACK!! Am I in class or at FCA?! Grammar, pronouns and tenses - oh my!
:cryingwlaughter:

It's all Ruben's fault! HE started it!

TGIF, right annabear?

Morning, all. RCA angst just makes me laugh and roll my eyes. Will it ever end? I really don't care, as long as Clay keeps singing for me. ETA: And it's all so freaking predictable, the same people wishing the same things over and over and over again.

I still can't get over the fact that everyone on that plane survived yesterday. The pilot is a hero, what an amazing landing he made.

Even colder here today, if that's possible. Windchills in the -30s Celsius. Insanity. Canadian Figure Skating Championships start today on CBC, yay! I know what I'll be doing all weekend.

*waves back to Scarlett...better late than never?* :)

Hearing about that plane crash reminded me of a winter day a long time ago when a plane crashed after take-off from National Airport and landed in the Potomac River near the 14th St Bridge. It was all because the plane wasn't de-iced properly, What a tragedy that was. They made a movie out it a few years later. I was home with my babies watching the whole thing on TV.

I've just read/listened to some of the reports and video of the crash yesterday. Amazing. A result of good decisions (as it turns out) and a lack of panic in the cabin at the time, by the sounds of things. How wonderful that noone died! Having just flown out of there a few days ago (but out of JFK), sure brings it home!

I laughed at the grammar lessons; I'm so with you all! Many of those drive me absolutely nuts too. My pet peeve? Misspelling people's names....KRISTY Barnes. JEROME Bell. Not Jermone. :hahaha: It's all about showing respect, I think. If you're going to talk about someone, at least get their name right! :hahaha:

Well....we're in the middle of another blizzard as I speak....sigh....it absolutely makes me NUTS!!! when I have so much to do at the moment...and I can't because I can't even see the street to get to where I need to be. WTH is winter over again??? :(

The discussion about grammar is cracking me up. Funny, when I read Ruben's quote, I recognized the mistake in grammar but I too make that same mistake when speaking. I don't make it in writing, or at least I usually catch it when I proofread.

I was at a conference last month when after waiting for 15 minutes for the speaker to show up and no one in the room doing anything I went in search of the conference organizers. They confirmed that they couldn't find the speaker either and they asked me to go back to the hall and provide options for the attendees. As I was doing this I made the same error that Ruben did and an attendee (who I didn't know) interrupted my instructions to correct my grammar. I wanted to slap her up side her head.