#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

Well I made the mistake of peeking at the OFC. *bleaches eyes* Lord there are some nasty bitches in this fandom. And some of them really ought to take a good look at the stage door clack before they start judging Clay's fashion choices.

I know what it is. It's probably that picture of Clay in the washtub. However, if its not, I'd like a pm please. The rest of you are on your own.

No shit! I'm in line right behind you.

(Just so I can be properly outraged at this horrible invasion of Clay's privacy.)

:hubbahubba:

Well I made the mistake of peeking at the OFC. *bleaches eyes* Lord there are some nasty bitches in this fandom. And some of them really ought to take a good look at the stage door clack before they start judging Clay's fashion choices.

See, this is what drives me nuts. It's ok to trash Clay for his fashion choices (not saying that I agree with all of them but who am I to complain. I'd be in the fashion don't section of a magazine), yet they aren't allowed to show any support for him and Reed being out together. :grrrr:

clayzycoffin, sorry about your laptop. I took mine in for repair this evening. They said 5 - 10 days until they would contact me to tell me what's next.....whether they need to send it away or not. So, like a good employee, I brought my work laptop home for personal use. :hahaha:

I don't need angst, so I haven't been to the OFC forums in ages. I confine my reading to here and occasionally at CV or CH to grab Spam recaps (which I guess I won't be doing anymore *sob*). Thank goodness the figure skating season is switching into high gear later this week, it will give me something to read at work if the boards slow down, which I expect they will.....at least until GFI.

It's amazing I manage to hold down a job, isn't it? :P

couchie, hope you feel better soon.

I also went over to the OFC. Some of those people are nasty. Making statements that he is a popstar and should not be appearing like this. Who made them the fashion police. So he looked a little dorky, I think he looked cute. I sometimes would like to see what these people look like who have to make such horrible comments.

Couchie I join you. I have been coughing for three days and my chest, back, and stomach hurts. I have tried everything. I just hope I can sleep tonight.

{{{clayzycoffin}}} on your laptop. The one I posted last week isn't on sale anymore but it usually goes back on sale every 2 to 3 weeks. I'm going to be watching for it because it's such a steal for $1050 (btw, it also has a slot for a 2nd hard drive on top of everything).

justclay12, your laptop is only 2 years old? It'll be fine until you graduate! Mine is still fine after going to mumblety-mumble Clay Aiken concerts, from San Diego to Burlington, Vermont, from Vancouver to Miami and even to Hongkong last August.

couchie, don't get me shmoopie or I'll never switch out this laptop.

On Topic:

*still hoping that more pictures will show up and that I could get into enough mischief to get detention for all of Saturday -- do they still do that, like in the Breakfast Club?

Oh, and I don't care if the cute guy's the teacher or the "brain".... and maybe Reed could be the "athlete" ... detention heaven!!! *

Well I'm not going to go over there to find out but saying he looks dorky isn't a bad thing. He is dorky and has looked dorky on many occassions....many many many MANY occassions. :hahaha: But I also know how that place can be....which is why I stay away.

Oops, I didn't realize you were sick. {{{ couchie and gbmifan}}} I hope you feel better. Get well soon!!!

I also went over to the OFC. Some of those people are nasty. Making statements that he is a popstar and should not be appearing like this. Who made them the fashion police. So he looked a little dorky, I think he looked cute. I sometimes would like to see what these people look like who have to make such horrible comments.

But why would he give a hoot ? Someone with much better taste in clothes than the so-called-fashion experts at OFC was with him. If I were he, I'd be blowing raspberries at that thread <anyone have the appropriate gif>?

I have not worked since the beginning of December, between the Holidays and the times I was put on call because our census was low. I called them tonight and said I really needed to get at least one day in this week so try not to call me off tomorrow. Of course we may get up to 4 inches of snow and driving will be miserable.

I really believe Clay does not care what people think in his choice of clothes. Everyone has their own style and most of the time I like his quirky choices. I also believe the statements from the people that were there that he looked great.

Just got an email from Aron Hall at the BAF:

Happy New Year!

On Monday, January 26, we will be hosting our second annual Golfing for Inclusion at Mirasol Country Club in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. We still have spots for foursomes, individuals, and dinner-only guests.

Also available now is our online auction. We are excited to offer you the opportunity to bid on a few items – from golf packages to Clay Aiken memorabilia – that will be available at the event. The auction benefits the Foundation’s mission to create communities where ALL children can learn, live, and play together. Instructions and item descriptions are detailed on the website.

Visit www.bubelaiken.org/golf for all the information you need.

Looking forward to seeing you in sunny Florida!

Aron Hall

Director Services

Creating communities where ALL children can learn, live, and play together.

Link to auction items

I'd LOVE to have the Proud of Your Boy sheet music....

Proud of Your Boy” Original Score Signed

Starting Bid: $1500

Bid Increments: $50

I wish I could afford to bid on anything on there

but I do donate a $1.00 out of my paycheck each week

My niece donates $1.00 of her allowance every other week (the other week she donates to a pet shelter). Over the summer if she said a bad word she had to donate a quarter to charity if she said a bad word. One week she donated $5.00 & said that should hold her over for a while :)

It's funny how peoples' filters get into recaps...like how fans approaching Clay as he sat in the audience were deemed respectful, or how Clay & Reed were obviously a couple (I wonder why?).

luckiest, I can understand what you're talking about here. Personally, my idea of a fan being 'respectful' in a situation like this would be their keeping away from Clay, but that's me. I've never been an autograph seeker--even if I were in a situation where I was 'meeting' a celebrity, I wouldn't ask for one. And to me, Clay was a spectator Sunday, not a performer. He was on his 'own time', not mine, so I'd never 'approach' him at all.

ITA.

Here's a bigger one...........

clay2.jpg:hubbahubba:

:cry4: I tried to forget he ever looked like that!!!

CV has a pic of Clay last night, post # 1046 but i'm at work and can't bring it over

TM Sir Robin, Found it!

ClayatclosingofSpamalot.jpg

Hmmmm..... Oh my......

Clay looks like Tucker Clarson there

Quite a resemblance.....

carlsontucker.jpg

Well, all I got to say is that he's unique. Didn't Orville Redenbacher have an outfit like that?

Looks so much like him he could be his son!

orville-707825.jpg

Or the son of Les Nessman!!!!

lesnessman.jpg

I don't know. I'll take this look any day!!

003.jpg

Sick? I think it was NYC! I am sick too! I hate colds!

I cannot wait to go to the GFI. I doubt I will be bidding on much...too rich for my blood. Hmm I wonder what goodies will have been donated for the silent auction*g*

Hee I will probably be my turn to get to sleep with Scarlett...she is such a ????? Now what's the word I'm looking for?

Yeesss my favourite look of all time..the striped suit, orange tie and tortiseshell glasses...rawr!!!! God I just drool over that pic!

didn't less nessman do the weather. And didn't someone dream Clay was a going to "weather" school for lack of finding just the right term LOL. Hmmmm... mystery solved!!

he did do a weather report once

a clip i still find funny & endearing

tribeca, love your avatar. :cryingwlaughter:

And that's sweet with your donations, and your nieces as well.

I actually think Orville! Redenbacher! Clay! is all kinds of hawt. Although I hadn't considered the Les Nessman connection....hmmm. As long as Clay doesn't think turkeys fly, we'll be fine.

I really believe Clay does not care what people think in his choice of clothes. Everyone has their own style and most of the time I like his quirky choices. I also believe the statements from the people that were there that he looked great.

Have you SEEN some of the people who complain about Clay?

Talk about the wart calling the hog ulgly.

tribeca, love your avatar. :cryingwlaughter:

And that's sweet with your donations, and your nieces as well.

I actually think Orville! Redenbacher! Clay! is all kinds of hawt. Although I hadn't considered the Les Nessman connection....hmmm. As long as Clay doesn't think turkeys fly, we'll be fine.

I doubt our donations do much but it's all we can afford. The store I work out has a program (not sure that's the right word) where you can donate each week out of your paycheck. Aiken/Bubel fondation is one of the choices.

Good night Gbmifan 5am YUCK

I think people have an easy time not being nice when the are hiding behind a sreenname

Got to go to bed, 5 am comes early. Even if I get called off the phone will ring at that time.

You are right, I have no idea what any of these people look like. I guess I am still with old saying if you can not find something good to say then do not say anything. That can be said for such nasty comments that I read.