# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

Hi all, Happy Canada Day! I had a great day yesterday. My mom drove out for the weekend (first time since her fall in March). My older son (Ian) called us in the morning to see what we were up to, so we picked him up on our way down to the farmer's market and he ended up spending the whole day with us. I was able to drop them off at street level and park the car in the underground, while Ian helped Mom. Mom is getting around pretty well with her cane. She seems to have pulled a muscle or aggravated a tendon in her upper leg recently that gives her some pain, so she doesn't want to go far. But she doesn't let that hold her down...have car, will travel. LOL. She is an avid baseball fan so the two of them watched the Blue Jays vs Angels game in the afternoon, while I puttered around the kitchen, getting things ready for a BBQ. She is going to come back out again for the August civic holiday weekend and hopefully catch one or two of Ian's own baseball games.

Thanks for that link ldyj! It's amazing, isn't it, how much Dhani sounds and looks like his father. I could hear it immediately, and the pictures confirmed it. The style of music isn't really my cup of tea, but I think it's awesome that he is going for it and that he has found his thing. I am going to turn my younger son onto this site and see what he thinks. He loves the Beatles so I think he might really like this. The music sounds right up his alley.

Happy Canada Day!

Another hot day today. I'll probably clean some more today. We had an ant attack last night in a bathroom and I couldn't make myself kill them, so I put out some traps. Hope they are gone, our guests might not appreciate them. Even bugs can't stand the heat outside.

I'm happy to hear your mom is doing so well luckiest. gbmifan don't get too hot out there. My bike stays in the garage until the temps go under 100 as a high.

Happy Canada Day, to all my Canadian friends!

luckiest, it wasn't me who posted that link, it was keepingfaith! I'm glad you said something too, because I just looked at the picture and went "who dat? Not a clue." Now that I know who it is though, I'll have to take a listen. (And maybe, just maybe, if I had listened in the first place, I might have known who it was!)

Clay tweeted a lot yesterday about the heat. I think many of us feel your pain Clay!

:GM_FCA:

Happy Canada Day ! More of the same here, heat and possible thunderstorms this afternoon; need to go out in the yard and do some clean-up..leaves and branches around from the last thunderstorm. Lots of people in suburbs surrounding me without power but word is that they should be up and running sometime today. So far we have been lucky and had not lost power.

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

So who is that? I'm clueless too. I don't recognize any of them or the name Luckiest mentioned.?

Fear, so sorry I missed your birthday. Hope it was wonderful.

I went to the movies with Alexandria and 4 of her friends for the 10th birthday outing. We saw the movie Brave which was really cute. Then we went for lunch and the park and then ice cream. And do you know after all that my niece had the nerve to cry because my sister wouldn't take her to the beach. She's a great kid but dang that was massive brattiness going on. Kids! My sister held to her no and of course she got over it but still, LOL. I commend all the parents.

Happy Canada Day!

One of the gentlemen in that band couchie is Dhani Harrison, son of Beatle George Harrison.

It sounds like your sister did well by holding her ground with Alexandria. I hope Alexandria still had a good birthday, it sounds like a fun day to me!

Clay tweeted a picture today, and by the time I got to it, the link was broken. I wonder if he took it down, or what exactly happened. I was able to find the picture elsewhere, and I posted it in the Twitter thread.

Oops, sorry about that keepingfaith, thank you!

Right after my mom left last evening, the next door neighbours asked me to watch their 11 year old daughter for the night, because their 2 year old son was taken to hospital yesterday. The poor little guy has been sick for a week, with vomitting, diarrhea, thrush and stomach pain. He's dropped from 18 kg to 13 kg (more than 10 pounds!) and they took him to emerg twice, but they kept sending him back home. I hope this time they can do something for him. Anyways, last night was the big Canada Day celebration, and there were fireworks not only in the park, but in many backyards as well. I went out and bought a Thundershirt for my daughter's dog in the hopes that it would help calm her down. But it's so hot out that she was overheated and wouldn't keep the thing on. She barked from about 9 pm until I don't even know what time...well after midnight. And of course the dogs were all up at 5:30 am today. Angela, my visitor, is loving all the activity! Ha ha. But she is worried about her brother.

I'm hoping to have a quieter day today.

That's a pretty severe weight loss for a two year old. I hope they can figure out what's wrong. We have a six year old and ten year old spending the night. The ten year old kept reminding his dad to charge up the ipad and laptop. I guess kids can't survive without their electronics nowadays. They do have another four hour ride today on their way up to see their grandparents in PA. They spend the nights wiith various friends and relatives on their way up from New Orleans. They plan on going to Old Salem, a reconstructed Moravian settlement, today before they leave.

Another Monday...but work two days this week, than off for the 4th, work two more days and next week I will be on vacation..looking forward to it! No plans but just relaxing and enjoying not being at work!

Kim

Did Clay get flak? I thought it was just a faction of his "fans" who gave him a hard time about it. Most everyone else who commented (that I read or saw) thought it was already known, "no news," etc. I figure that's the same general response Anderson will receive, a ho-hum. That was a great letter to Andrew Sullivan. Kudos to Cooper.

Did Clay get flak? I thought it was just a faction of his "fans" who gave him a hard time about it. Most everyone else who commented (that I read or saw) thought it was already known, "no news," etc. I figure that's the same general response Anderson will receive, a ho-hum. That was a great letter to Andrew Sullivan. Kudos to Cooper.

Totally agree with you about Mr. Cooper. That's a classy man.

I also agree with you regarding the "fans" with this. I was never all that bothered with him being called gay, although if it was someone in my real life that I was talking with, I would tell them that he keeps his private life private. Period. But to me, it was still all a "big whoop." Shrug.

Anderson's full statement is here. As I said, I think it's a great read, and he's a good man. The Entertainment Weekly article that is mentioned in the preface is here: By the Way, We're Gay: The New Art of Coming Out It was the cover story last week, and it's also a good read. Clay is mentioned briefly twice. I probably should put that in the news section, now that the full text is available online...

Really nice picture of Clay. I hope we can find out what it took for him to lose all that weight this year. Probably something simple like not eating which I could never do. :lol: I'm hoping we start hearing about a tour soon. I have the rest of the year for which I have to make plans. :Imok:

It cooled down to the high ninties yesterday and felt so much better, but I'm afraid we are in for this weather until September. Have a great day!

I've read on other boards that this is from the CApp finale. That makes sense, as I can see the NBC logo behind him. Anyway...what a nice picture...

la-et-gay-celebs-clay-aiken.jpg

Have a great day everyone, and stay cool!

98 today! Looking forward to having the day off tomorrow. Emily called last night and I may get Austin tonight and tomorrow. His tooth finally popped through and he is fine although she said is going through one of those things kids do at that age when they only want to eat certain things..his is fruit, yogurt and applesauce. I told her don't worry, at least he is eating healthy things.

Kim

Tweet:

@clayaiken: Sing with angels Andy. U brought a lot of pride 2 our home state & a lot of joy 2 America. Headed home, cuz Mayberry was a lot like Heaven.

We had a very brief little thunderstorm today, and back to extreme heat for the rest of the week. Crazy weather, and hard on the gardens. I had my houseguest until 7:30 am this morning when her dad picked her up. Apparently the little 2 year old brother is doing better but they aren't releasing him yet. He needs to get stronger and keep some food down first. They put it down to a weakened immune system due to a low red blood cell count, and a nasty viral infection. They said he needs to eat more fruit, veggies & protein and less milk. I remember my son being that age, and he was also very hooked on milk. It's difficult when they are so picky.

Welp. I know where I'll be next Tuesday evening. :)

We got some CRAZY storms today. Missed the morning round, but got the afternoon round. Heavy downpours, marble sized hail, and tons of lightning. It's finally cleared up, but we heard thunder for almost 3 hours straight. Back in my old stomping grounds on the east side things aren't good. Lots of power outages and word of powerlines down, trees down, golf ball sized hail, and from the morning 3 homes were hit by lightning. We really needed it all though, if you haven't watered your lawn, it's turned brown!