# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

Wow, you guys who got mezzanine were sure patient. I just panicked and grabbed what I could get, even though what I really wanted was row A. Still, I am sure they'll be fine, I've sat in a lot worse!

I'm back! And EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I have a ticket -- thank you jmh! Those look like great seats! I'm glad everyone had good luck here...and it will be good to see everyone again!

I'm looking into a place for an FCA dinner on Friday night. Keep on eye on our Gala planning thread, I'm hoping to have some details in the next few days...

Is there room for me in the "probably will never get to the Gala" boat? Yeah, feeling pretty sorry for myself today..so hoping I have concert tickets in my future., Happy for all that got tickets.

Kim

Thanks JMH. The seats are perfect. First row, mezzanine were my favorite Spamalot tickets. So I'm sure I'll love these.

Now, what a crazy crazy week. For those not on Facebook, I'm a food buyer for a ship supply company. I don't don't normally do the shopping but I do the competitive bids, create the purchase orders and make sure everything gets bought. I stopped at the grocery store by my house on the way to work on Friday to buy this particular item they wanted. Somewhere along the line I dropped my cell phone in the shopping bag and my phone is now somewhere off the coast of Alaska as the warehouse just emptied my shopping bag into a box, taped it up and put it on the ship with the rest of the delivery.

Then, today I need to call my leasing office where I live. And because I didn't have my phone, I went online to get the number. I started reading the yelp comments. Not good. I just chalked it up to regular internet chatter. So after I finish talking to the asst manager about what I needed to talk to him about I asked when I could come sign a new lease. He said they weren't doing new leases because they are renovating everything from top to bottom. We went back and forth it came down to this -- my apt building is being turned into workforce housing and after the renovation - schedule to be completed within 2 years -- I will have to qualify to live in my own apt where I've been for 10 years. How do I qualify? By my mom and my having a combined income of no more than 43K. In other words I have to get out. And the only reason I know this now is because of my traveling phone LOL. I'm pissed.

Aikim. I understand how you feel. I'm not one to talk about these things because I have been lucky to see Clay too many times to complain. But over the past few years I just have been unable attend anything. I need him to come to me. I doubt I will go to a Xmas tour date if it's not in the western half of the country. And I mean west of Arizona not Ohio. I'm happy to be sharing with friends and I was able to attach this event for a real vacation. The first one I've taken in years. So I'm looking forward to going to my first gala and then heading to Virginia Beach for a week. It just happened to work out for me this time. It will for you as well one of these days.

Couchie, ldyj, lilyshine, and I are in Row B Mezz. 101 -104. Kimiye and playbiller are also on row A Mezz. according to other boards. And merrieeee!

YAY, FCA is in the house! :cheerleader:

I think we are all going to be really close!

Is there room for me in the "probably will never get to the Gala" boat? Yeah, feeling pretty sorry for myself today..so hoping I have concert tickets in my future., Happy for all that got tickets.

Kim

Sure thing. Hop on in and dont forget to bring a lifevest in case we cant bail out the flowing tears fast enough. lol

I totally understand the people who cannot afford to go to the Gala. I know I'm incredibly fortunate that I can do this, and I hope those of you who can't don't feel like those of us who can are rubbing it in your face. I know in my case I'm not trying to do that. If I could take you with me, I would! Having said that, know that we ALL make choices in our lives -- and that's OK. I will try my best to recollect everything about Gala weekend for you all, and I want you to know that my FCA family will be with me in spirit!

:nanarow:Happy birthday kimiye! I'll be looking forward to seeing you in DC. (You also have a great birthday -- you share it with both Harrison Ford, one of my long term crushes from way back, and Patrick Stewart. Make it so!)

• Like 1

:GM_FCA:

I firmly believe that if things are meant to be they will and If a Gala is in my future it will happen..in the meantime, I will hope that there will be a concert stop in my area.

I absolutely do not begrudge anyone who is going to the Gala the right to celebrate..I celebrate for you and hope you all have a great time..sounds like it is going to be a wonderful evening.

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Kim

Sure thing. Hop on in and dont forget to bring a lifevest in case we cant bail out the flowing tears fast enough. lol

We should stock up on wine too.

I'm happy for all those going to the gala, just having a moment of envy and self pity is all.

I'm kinda cranky today. It's not about the gala though. much We planned to kitty sit for my aunt for 2 weeks while she went on a bike tour, but my Mom's had some problems lately that she's finally getting help for and she didn't feel like she could handle anything else. I was looking forward to it so much. The house has been way too quiet since we had to put down our own cat back in March.

Happy birthday kimiye!

How many days?

I missed the Jukebox tour and vowed I would do whatever I could to see one show of each tour. I feel bad for those that can't do it.

Since my DH has retired things are different but he is insisting that I do not give up my "girl" time!

Meanwhile he is on a road trip with my dd to Mt Rushmore, the Badlands and Yellowstone while I work. Works for me!

• Like 1

My rule of thumb for Clay has been "see him at least once per calendar year." 2009 was the only iffy one, and that's my first "splurge" to a Gala. You know, the year when he premiered "Moon River." I swooned. I did, honestly. merrieee can confirm, I think. If the tour doesn't come close to me, I may skip this Christmas tour since I'm doing the Gala again.

Speaking of the Gala...now that most of the ticket stress is now over...

PLEASE see this post in the Gala thread regarding an FCA dinner!

Well... these are interesting retweets from Clay. I thought he had burned his AI bridges? Maybe he feels differently with the major shakeups going on?

Toni Botting@toni1991

I need my peeps to vote for @clayaiken to judge AI. This would be awesome. He is what AI needs to get back on track. http://po.st/rlnuR3

Retweeted by Clay Aiken

Katie Mulrain@katiemulrain

I think @clayaiken should be a new judge on American Idol....

Retweeted by Clay Aiken

ETA: a couple more for thought:

Jeanie 3 Legged Dog@Jeanie3legs

@clayaiken is the obvious choice to fill one of the judges seats on AI & @ArsenioOFFICIAL should fill the other.

Retweeted by Clay Aiken

Jaymee Toler@eyelurveazuns

I would probably start watching #AI again if @clayaiken was judging...

Retweeted by Clay Aiken

I hate the idea of Clay even thinking about crawling back to Idol for a job..they have treated him like crap...not sure why he would even want to.

Kim

Saw this at CV

Arsenio Hall ‏@ArsenioOFFICIAL

@clayaiken <----- there is ONLY one logical and perfect choice for a new IDOL judge! Especially when it comes to IDOL alumni!!! #feelme?

6:00 PM - 13 Jul 12 via Echofon

Happy b-day kimiye!

Look forward to seeing all who are going to the gala, and commiserating with all who aren't...

Man, someone should have told me actual work is time-consuming!

I finally got around to loading the Timeless Tour onto my iPod this week, and I've been working out at the gym with a grin on my face. Laughing like crazy to the antics of Clay and Ruben. I've loved all his tours, but that tour, to me, was so much fun...

Via the CH and Quiet1ne: Clay was at tonight's Raleigh production of "Dames at Sea."

The Richardson Fam ‏@swissfamilyrich

Clay Aiken is in the house y'all. #damesatsea #hsn

Ella Gilliam ‏@EllaGilliam

Oh my gosh Clay Aiken is here!!!!

Ella Gilliam @EllaGilliam

Hey clay�� pic.twitter.com/l1SQlYPJ

Axur9ViCIAAIv8t.jpg

Merrieeee....you missed the jukebox? Oh man. I think that is STILL my favorite tour.

That was when I knew I had it bad. I was so upset that he wasn't coming to Houston I was in tears. It never occurred to me to travel! I said then I was going to have to quit the fandom because I was too invested in him. Then I came to my senses and watched clack and felt a whole lot better. :)

I have not missed a tour since! And by the way I still have it bad!

Thank you for explaining all the AI twitter activity! Apparently I missed the few retweets by Clay, and I couldn't for the life of me understand why ANYONE thought him going back to judge AI was a good idea. :blink: Would I watch? Of course. Do I think it's a good idea? Not really.

I missed gala last year and it sucked (but the cruise I took was fabulous!) So I sympathize with those who can't go this year. But I've had to travel at the minimum 2 hours to any show of Clay's I've ever attended. Usually the drive is between 5 and 12 hours though....or I fly somewhere. Like Vegas the one time. Hee, that was the farthest I've travelled to see Clay. Can I afford any of this? Hell no. I will be paying off the debts I've accumulated until I'm in a nursing home. But it's been worth it.

I say live while you can. My ex-BIL died this past week at the age of 59. He was diagnosed with cancer 6 weeks ago. I am heading north for the funeral today. 17 years ago, my dad died suddenly at age 60, just months after he was forced into early retirement. I think it was then that my outlook on life changed. I believe in living every day like it could be my last.

Happy Birthday a little late kimiye

:twinklewhore::happybirthday04::confetti2:

We have four guys painting, spackling, sanding in almost every room including our bedroom. The walls are covered with plastic and all the furniture is moved into a bunch in the center of each room. I've had to watch Mr Fear's TV as there really is no place to sit. He sure watches a lot of political tv. :D They'll be back at 8 this morning, so I'll have to shower and get dressed soon. They decided to do the kitchen ceiling also as we had a crack around the skylight and touching up wouldn't look good. Thankfully they gave us a quote so they are doing the extras gratis, well except for my having to buy more paint at the store.

Glad to see cCay is having a refreshing and relaxing summer. Cameron was the one who seemed a little tense in the chat. Selling that house must really be a priority with the election looming ahead in November. Clay must really be itching to vote in Wake county. :lol:

We finally have a little rain here which is great as some of our shrubs are passing away. Have a great day!

So sorry to hear about your BIL luckiest. I'm definitely with you on live your life to the fullest.

:GM_FCA:

Clay looks so good in that picture, even blurry. He is very skinny and I am really loving this new hairstyle.

We picked our first tomatoes from our garden yesterday..yummy!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I don't quite know what to think about Clay's tweets yesterday. It sounds like he wants it, so if it is what he wants, I'm cool with it. I'm also thinking that much of the management that was there when he was is gone, so the supposed "bad blood" between him and the show may no longer be as prevalent. I honestly don't think it will happen, but I will say this: there are things that many of his fans have thought were "bad ideas" that really turned into special things for him. Oh well, not my call.

In the meantime...

:happybirthday02:jmh123!

I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful day!

ETA: Clay retweeted this from Arsenio:

@clayaiken <----- there is ONLY one logical and perfect choice for a new IDOL judge! Especially when it comes to IDOL alumni!!!#feelme?