# 64: A super smart, caring, determined, classy, easy-going, and genuinely good, likeable guy

ldyjocelyn

Hee. Yes I did text her! She finally replied yesterday that she is back in the lower 48! I think the thought of Clay in a loincloth was too much for her.

Somehow I just can't see him doing that but I would love to be proved wrong!i

I'm baaaaaaaaack! I'm still on Alaska time a bit, but also woke up at about 6:30 this morning. Needless to say, it was a WONDERFUL trip. So many highlights, way too many to mention. I'm including a link to my cover picture on Facebook page:

Glacier Bay, Alaska

I took over 300 pictures with my iPhone (and a few videos); my husband had the SLR camera, and I think he said last night that we had over 1000 pictures! We WILL be weeding through them, and then I'll post the link to them so everyone can see.

Today is laundry, catching up on the computer (way too many emails, not to mention the boards...heh), and groceries! I have NO food in the house, other than some eggs. OTOH, I could EASILY get used to being a "cruise person;" having waiters and servants everywhere, way too much food options, "not paying" for almost everything.

I put my phone on airplane mode on July 4 and didn't turn it back on until we got to Denver yesterday afternoon. The first message I read was merrieeee's about Clay being in "Joseph." I'm THRILLED for him, but once again, timing (and finances) do not work in my favor. August is the beginning of our school year and there's too much going on (not to mention that I've been off work for two weeks). I'm hoping for clack of this, because Joseph is one my most favorite musicals ever. I've seen a local production of it a few times -- one of our theaters does it every year in December as a family show. I've also seen in it Chicago with my best friend from college, over 25 years ago. It had Donny Osmond in it, and he was fabulous. It made me rethink Donny in a new way -- and not just because of his fairly buff body (at that time) either!

Speaking of which...I'm not sure either if Clay will do the loincloth thing or not. In a way, it's not integral for the role, but it sure would be nice to see that from him. It would show how much he's matured in 10 years, both physically and mentally.

All I know is that I love that he's beefing up his acting resume. I've always kind of believed that recording was never his forte (and he's said as much in interviews) but that PERFORMING was his thing. Being an actor in theater (specifically musical theater, although I don't think that is required of him) seems to suit him well.

couchie, sorry that your job is sucking the life out of you. I hope something changes and fast for you. OTOH, great job on the weight loss!

Finally -- a very happy birthday to my good friend jmh! I hope you have a wonderful, fabulous day!

Off for food....

Just getting ready to catch up on the tweets from the past 10 days...and Clay tweets again twice!

Just when we were about to have the 1st day of the whole summer so far w/o rain... Nope... EVERY single day. pic.twitter.com/O5V8VIPEi2

BPLShrlCUAAAnA__zps68b75cab.jpg

But... see the rainbow?

Thanks for the birthday wishes y'all. Not a very exciting day for me, but my birthdays often are not very exciting.

I doubt I will make it to Maine either. Notice is too short, getting there from here too complicated for such short notice, expense too much, etc. I've been very lucky this year seeing Clay in the Master Class, two performances of the Drowsy Chaperone, at Christmastime two concerts (Durham and Turning Stone) and a meet-and-greet, plus lots of TV, enough that I've probably forgotten something. So I think this might be a rare Clay event that I'm going to have to miss. I really hope there's clack!

He's on the move!

@clayaiken: When the pilot on my flight tells me he voted for me on Idol when he was a sophomore in HS I'm not sure if I should be flattered or scared!

He is so funny. But then, I looked at the pilots of my planes yesterday and was like "you weren't even BORN when I was your age!"

I bet he's been listening to the soundtrack for weeks now....

Funny for the day, via a friend on Facebook:

Gizoogle

I tried it with Clay, and it's pretty darn funny.

Via CV, a new picture of Clay through Twitter. It was posted on 7/11, but since his name was spelled wrong, it didn't come up on normal searches. Can anyone identify the outfit?

BO5iO2DCIAIKVWn_zps4ea26523.jpg

Tweet from the playhouse:

@OgunquitPH: Photo shoot with @clayaiken in "The Coat" was amazing. He looks great and is getting ready for his Ogunquit debut! #maine #claycation

Someone on CV said that since it is an equity cast based out of NYC they may be rehearsing in NY to save per idem!

Since I can't seem to edit the word should be diem!

What she said! ^ (Edit, of course I'm at the top of the next page, cuz I tried to use an UP arrow...lol) Dang, what was with weird pop-ups and what not!? But yay for good balcony seats near the stage. :)

**waves to everybody** I'm going to hang out here more often if that's ok.

• Like 1

I hate ticket stress. Was buying for me and my friend and decided to go to best available instead of picking seats. Did ok. I have Row S, Center Orchestra, seats 102 and 103. I am just glad I am going this year so the seats will have to be fine. As long as I can see over the person in front of me!

What she said! ^ (Edit, of course I'm at the top of the next page, cuz I tried to use an UP arrow...lol) Dang, what was with weird pop-ups and what not!? But yay for good balcony seats near the stage. :)

**waves to everybody** I'm going to hang out here more often if that's ok.

Hey! Please do hang out here; we'd love the company. I read elsewhere that your karma served you well as far as Maine goes!

Ah, the top of the page curse! Don't know about the pop-ups; let us know what you're doing when they show up, OK?

I wish I could go to the Gala, but there's no way. I'll still make a donation though. Sorry to hear that so many people had the dickens of a time getting tickets!

Happy birthday Caro! And welcome back Karma!