#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

Ansamcw

I was up until 4am this morning working on my first real montage. I took the one I put in my clack "movie" and t weeked it a bit. But now that's its done, I don't want to share. When I watch others, this is just so inferior!

I'm doing the same thing and having so much fun. I don't even care if mine is inferior..I'm so proud. heee. I'm making a montage for my sister as a Xmas present... so I know she'll be a boo hooing mess. I'm using Because you loved me as one of the songs... and it took me since Tuesday but I'm almost finished with song number one... I have a new obsession!!

Clay is a lightening rod and will always attract good as well as scum.

Must be my aging eyes when I read this...heh...certain words seemed BIGGER than others and a couple others ran together.... B)

couchie You're REALLY going to move to my little town? ?!?!?!?!? :blink: OOOOHHH!!!! OMG...the city limits will never be able to contain us! ;)

Hey, I didn't know so many of you were going to Red Bank. I apologize for not speaking to all of you. It would be great to meet up with you all. Are there enough of us to make a preparty get together? I still don't know where I am eating. Help playbiller. I'll be glad to bring the candy corn.

I met a very lovely and sweet woman at WFI last year. She had a get together at her home afterwards, which was very nice by the way. There were about five tv's with clack on all of them. She had a Clay room with posters and memorabilia on every wall and she had recently started on the ceiling. We had our first WFI last weekend and I asked how her Clay collection was going. She said that she now had a sixfoot tall curtain with Clay's cds linked together that she had made for the Raleigh party going out into her hallway. She is so a fan.

My husband prints out Clay pictures and made some pins for a few of our parties. He's a great sport although not exactly a Claydawg. One of my sons did complain that I had about 12 Clay magnets on the fridge and no pictures of him. I fixed that so he is equally represented along with Clay.

Have a great day!

I am going to Red Bank with a bunch of people from my old, old board, Not sure what we're doing but if anything was happening with the FCAers, I would work something out to at least pop in and say hi! Couldn't miss out on that opportunity! :)

Got the transcript! Too funny. Those girls must have been peeing in their pants! :lol:

Constantine called a fan a something whore..heee. OH man..that is too funny. Although I find it hilarious that some of his fans think Constantine is anywhere in the Clay vicinity when it comes to hating....and this is an area I wouldn't mind Connie winning... I must say I'm mightily amused over this. Anybody know the details pm me. What did this so called fan do...must determine if I want Clay to do the same. heee.

According to the TWoPers, Constantine went so far as to pm a fan on one of the major fan boards to tell her she was a "bitter whore" because she wrote a post that was slightly critical about his Halloween costume. He then allegedly had some kind of unpleasant exchange with the board mods. I find the dude to be vain and creepy, and I'm mean and snarky, so I found the description of the whole throw down pretty funny. I don't think you have to worry about Clay doing something similar. ;)

=================================

Clay paraphernalia: Three magnets on my fridge and a wallpaper on my laptop - everything else is tucked away in my spare bedroom. ATDW is on top of a stack of CDs on a bookcase that is going to tip over any day now. I'd have a calender on my fridge if there was one. :glare:

I think most things are fine until some people, who feel they have the best minds, need to fix it. If there were fans with smaller egos, there would be more fun for Clay fans, and I think the haters would hate us less.

WORD

Speaking of funny things, rememeber recently one fan (think flowers and bees) was saying how she hated the JNT and then someone went to the archives and dug up her review after the show where she was fangirling all over the place.

THis made me bwah specially the bolded part.

Do you think Clay fans will ever accept tha they are better off not pretending to be cool - I prefer to advertise my self as ecclectic - there for I do not have to be cool, I can be a little bit of everything and Clay fits in that choice just fine.
Yup cos that just makes you waaaay cooler than the too cool for school kids...that's why I admire Clay so much...he is who he is...no explanation or apologies...and that is so cool to me.

Clay is a lightening rod and will always attract good as well as scum.

Must be my aging eyes when I read this...heh...certain words seemed BIGGER than others and a couple others ran together.... B)

WOAH...Couchie smutted????

I met a very lovely and sweet woman at WFI last year. She had a get together at her home afterwards, which was very nice by the way. There were about five tv's with clack on all of them. She had a Clay room with posters and memorabilia on every wall and she had recently started on the ceiling. We had our first WFI last weekend and I asked how her Clay collection was going. She said that she now had a sixfoot tall curtain with Clay's cds linked together that she had made for the Raleigh party going out into her hallway. She is so a fan.
wow thats dedication for you. No problem when people do this if its cool with her family..more power to her. I guess I just get uncomfortable when I know that the Clay activites actually hurt someones RL.

My husband prints out Clay pictures and made some pins for a few of our parties. He's a great sport although not exactly a Claydawg. One of my sons did complain that I had about 12 Clay magnets on the fridge and no pictures of him. I fixed that so he is equally represented along with Clay.
Awww so sweeeet. I guess my hubby did take us all on the TOronto trip so I could go to the concert. But I do not display my Clay stuff. I don't even have him on my wallpaper...the only thing out of my Clay box are the 5 pins I designed on top of my monitor.

There are fans who, quite frankly, don't seem to have much of a life outside the message boards. They live and die with each little thing because because Clay is all they seem to think about. They've lost all perspective because they no longer have a real world frame of reference.

I do think it would be great if the OFC could be a pleasant, non-contentious board for newbies, even if the "level of discourse" never rose to exalted levels. I certainly don't mind a nice, intellectual debate now and then. However, some of the posts took on such an aggressively pendantic tone that they tended to drag down the conversations. It almost seemed as if those who engaged in all those detailed dissections of Clay's faults and failings did so to convince themselves and others that they were not too fangirly, that they were "objective." However, if I were a newbie, the impression I would get would be, "Am I in the wrong place? I thought this was the Clay Aiken fan club?"

I do think some have forgotten that being a fan is supposed to be fun. There are enough things in this world to worry about. Clay should be a source of joy, not anguish.

Ah I wanna shop snowflake but it's 500 and takes 12 weeks for delivery... Maybe I can wear it around my neck during the Valentine tour. Or Maybe I can put it on layaway until next Christmas.

Can't you make it blink and use it as the centerpiece of your tiara?

snowflake_tumbling_md_wht.gifsnowflake_tumbling_md_wht.gif

Spinning snowflakes are the new Dancing Candycorn, dontcha know.

================================================

JennaZ, after your post about the Matt Damon fanclub this week, I was inspired to watch "The Bourne Identity" DVD this evening. Next week, "The Bourne Supremacy".

Edited by bottlecap

I have more Clay stuff than I know what to do with. My bedroom right now is a bit Clay-centric.....I have a laminated Singapore poster on one wall, my framed OFC 8x10, and then this upright picture stand thingy with 5 magazine covers in it in the corner.....and oh yeah, a "celebrate Clay" thing I stole off a newspaper box in Raleigh on my mirror. Heh. Upstairs I have a framed Rolling Stone in the living room, the poster from MOAM, a Pop Star centrefold, and a few pictures stuck with a magnet to the fridge. However, I have two recent large posters that some wonderful friends have made me, as well as one of those awesome mosaics that I won at a 9/19 ATDW party, just waiting to be framed or laminated and hung somewhere. What I really need is a bigger house. And kids who don't complain that there is too much Clay for their liking. ;)

At work my cubby is Clay-centric as well. A homemade Shutterfly JBT calendar, and some BAF buttons and a small pic from AI5. I usually have a different Clay on all my computer desktops as well. :D

JennaZ, after your post about the Matt Damon fanclub this week, I was inspired to watch "The Bourne Identity" DVD this evening. Next week, "The Bourne Supremacy".

Cool!

You wrote:

According to the TWoPers, Constantine went so far as to pm a fan on one of the major fan boards to tell her she was a "bitter whore" because she wrote a post that was slightly critical about his Halloween costume. He then allegedly had some kind of unpleasant exchange with the board mods. I find the dude to be vain and creepy, and I'm mean and snarky, so I found the description of the whole throw down pretty funny.

Yeah, I agree with your view of Constantine. Always amazed me that some Clay fans said they would follow him instead. The guy was so obviously self-absorbed.

Wow, luckiest!

There are fans who, quite frankly, don't seem to have much of a life outside the message boards. They live and die with each little thing because because Clay is all they seem to think about. They've lost all perspective because they no longer have a real world frame of reference.

I do think it would be great if the OFC could be a pleasant, non-contentious board for newbies, even if the "level of discourse" never rose to exalted levels. I certainly don't mind a nice, intellectual debate now and then. However, some of the posts took on such an aggressively pendantic tone that they tended to drag down the conversations. It almost seemed as if those who engaged in all those detailed dissections of Clay's faults and failings did so to convince themselves and others that they were not too fangirly, that they were "objective." However, if I were a newbie, the impression I would get would be, "Am I in the wrong place? I thought this was the Clay Aiken fan club?"

I do think some have forgotten that being a fan is supposed to be fun. There are enough things in this world to worry about. Clay should be a source of joy, not anguish.

The other day I posted that if I met someone who expressed an interest in Clay, I would be hard pressed to recommend internet sites for them. I haven't always felt that way. On so many of the message boards, a new person would think they had entered some kind of bizzaro universe and wonder, like you said JennaZ" I thought this was a Clay Aiken fan board/club. On many boards members can slice and dice Clay any way they want to, but heaven forbid you step on the toes of a board member who has done that very thing. Members must be respectful of each other but there are no rules about respecting Clay. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying people shouldn't be allowed to express opinions if they don't like a song, or if Clay says or does something they disagree with, but some of these folks just lampoon him right and left "like it's their job" I always thought people would join a fan club or message board to support an artist, some people stopped supporting a long time ago, but they still hang around. I haven't spent much time on the OFC MB, but the few times I have gone over there (this has been awhile ago) I'd read posts from obviously "grown women" who would get into verbal sparring matches with obviously "young girls", trying to convince them how much more knowledgeable they were about oh, just about every thing. Then they'd wonder why the young uns would just write post after post of " I Love Clay" The the good fan/bad fan stuff would start and off we'd be on the gerbil wheel.

Hmm Another interesting night for Clay Nation.

Apparently...an alert was spread through the message baords that Clay was in the chat room again waiting to make an announcement. Well apparently it was all a fraud. They believe a hacker came in and was just rude to people. So if you do hear that Clay was on...its a hoax.

Hmm Another interesting night for Clay Nation.

Apparently...an alert was spread through the message baords that Clay was in the chat room again waiting to make an announcement. Well apparently it was all a fraud. They believe a hacker came in and was just rude to people. So if you do hear that Clay was on...its a hoax.

Unfricken, believable

On many boards members can slice and dice Clay any way they want to, but heaven forbid you step on the toes of a board member who has done that very thing. Members must be respectful of each other but there are no rules about respecting Clay.

It always amazed me that so many boards would police tone toward other members, but would not police tone toward Clay. People could say truly insulting and offensive things about Clay, things that if, said by a DJ or comedian, would incur the wrath of Clay Nation. Those who react to the statement usually get edited, but the inflammatory comment itself is allowed to remain and the poster herself receives no official chastisement. I never understood why a fan board would permit less respect to be shown to Clay than to board members. I'm not saying that fans shouldn't be allowed to criticize or question Clay. I just don't think it's too much to ask that such comments be made in a more diplomatic manner. It's one thing to say, "That's not my favorite picture of Clay." It's another to say, "That picture makes me want to bleach my eyes out." Yes, it requires a subjective determination. However, every analysis of tone is a subjective determination.

Yeah, what happened on the OFC chat room was pretty sick, but kind of funny, too. I was amazed that nearly 600 people showed up so quickly, and actually impressed that the board could take that kind of volume without crashing. Some people are surprisingly upset about it, though.

Constantine called a fan a something whore..heee.
Imagines getting called a something whore by Clay... KAndre's Naughty Minion needs a spanking.

So glad I logged on late and missed the whole chat debacle. (Sorry, JennaZ, I would have sent you the transcript but I had logged off before reading your post)

Didn't get to answer Couchie's question on Clack to take to an island: (mostly bec. I love to watch him when he's happy)

1. Beautiful Star of Bethlehem

2. Raleigh TITN AI2

3. Raleigh NAT Invisible

4. KC Intros+DSIAFCD

5. Vancouver Unchained Melody

tho I would try to smuggle in more... XD

From Clay

11/12/06 : Apology!

I really don't know what to say.

I have very little information about what may or may not have happened in the fansite chat room tonight.

I received an email from my mother this evening after returning from an event tonight at UNC Charlotte. It sort of outlined what happened on this site this evening.

I haven't actually seen the "transcript" yet, but I SINCERELY apologize to anyone who was upset, hurt, or offended by what was said.

I wish I had more information. Unfortunately, it's 3AM here in Raleigh and I have no way of addressing the issue tonight.

Rest assured that I will make sure that someone investigates fully to find out if there are any glitches in the security of the site.

For those of you who I chatted with on Friday night, it was nice to talk to you. Hopefully I can pop in and do it again sometime.

For those of you who were in the chat room tonight. I can assure you that it was not me.

I apologize again.

I can only hope that we can secure my screenname so I can continue to blog and chat on here more.

I'll let you know when I know something more.

(Please feel free to copy this blog to other message boards so that as many can see this as possible! ... go ahead... copy it... it will be our little secret! )

God, I am so impressed that he took the time to blog at 3 am and set the record straight. It was a confusing night in chat (yes, I went over, never typed anything, but watched the insanity scroll by at lightening speed)! The hacker posted some pretty offensive stuff apparently. I couldn't quote verbatim because my eyes are too old to keep up with it.

It always amazed me that so many boards would police tone toward other members, but would not police tone toward Clay. People could say truly insulting and offensive things about Clay, things that if, said by a DJ or comedian, would incur the wrath of Clay Nation. Those who react to the statement usually get edited, but the inflammatory comment itself is allowed to remain and the poster herself receives no official chastisement. I never understood why a fan board would permit less respect to be shown to Clay than to board members. I'm not saying that fans shouldn't be allowed to criticize or question Clay. I just don't think it's too much to ask that such comments be made in a more diplomatic manner. It's one thing to say, "That's not my favorite picture of Clay." It's another to say, "That picture makes me want to bleach my eyes out." Yes, it requires a subjective determination. However, every analysis of tone is a subjective determination.

I couldn't agree with this more! Would that it was a rule on every fan board. To me, that's the definition of a "fan" board. If you want to post disrespectful posts about the object of any fandom, I'm sure you can find other places to do it. Personally, at this point, if I meet a potential fan and they ask me for website referrals, I point them to the CNN site, and the OFC. Whether they discover the message board part of it eventually is up to them, but to point an innocent fan to an established message board (such as CB, CV, CH, etc), at this point, just seems wrong. They would have no idea what was going on and would probably run for the hills!

Edited by luckiest1

From Clay

I received an email from my mother this evening after returning from an event tonight at UNC Charlotte.

So, I'm nosy and I googled the calender of activities at UNCC last night. Unless Clay was meeting with his study group at the library, I'd say it was the basketball game. Although I guess he could have gone to the Yoga class or the social and ballroom dancing practice.

;)

The the good fan/bad fan stuff would start and off we'd be on the gerbil wheel.

Ah the good fan vs bad fan argument...this is the usual cry of the constantly negative posters when people try and contradict them...that people are being good fan bad fan cop. NOPE, it really goes beyond that...peope cotradict them and at times attack them cos they have become annoying!!!!! simple.

I totally understand controlling tone to other posters. I think The OFC MB didn;t try to control this and it really became an unpleasant place to be. I do believe its possible to disagree with each other on posts without attacking each other. I think the same thing could be said about posts critical to Clay and his friends and family. I think the problem is...when posters just won't let go of some slight and would constantly complain about it or when majority of their posts are criticism of everything Clay does or their posts are passive aggressive slap or the "snark" that are really thinly veiled slam against Clay and TC. If a board is dominated by this kind of posts towards the focus of the boards then it makes it an unpleasant place to be for the silent majority who just wants to have fun and celebrate and talk about Clay with other fans.

As stupid as that hacking was...I am super glad Clay blogged about it in such a timely manner. Apparently this has happened before but we never knew about it cos very few people in chat. Last night with 600 members on at one time...and of course the many fans that kept coming in and out through the night...this event eventually got to Clay and he handled it wonderfully. Hopefully clique will now be aware of vulnerabilities of their system and this won't happen again

From Clay

I received an email from my mother this evening after returning from an event tonight at UNC Charlotte.

So, I'm nosy and I googled the calender of activities at UNCC last night. Unless Clay was meeting with his study group at the library, I'd say it was the basketball game. Although I guess he could have gone to the Yoga class or the social and ballroom dancing practice.

;)

well of course Clayfans now know what it was...

From CV Tnmtmama posted:

Good Morning, CV! I just wanted to comment on something in Clay's blog. The event he mentioned at UNCC was an alumni event. Clay received the Distinguished Young Alumni Award. UNCC appreciates their graduate!