# 8 My titanium balled, taking his life into his big hands,

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• I really look forward to hearing Clay bring a sexy Moon River back
    • All this talk of Moon River has made pour a nice glass of red wine, curl up on my sofa with Waldo
    • It makes your girl parts vibrate
    • The board of easy women
    • It's just that Clay's world is so much more than us. So much more than fans and concert dates and venue choices and juvenile exchanges on his fan site. He's just so much more.
    • He's just so much more.
    • He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.
    • They have not fallen down on their knees and kissed his lily white ass!

I love hearing about his UNICEF trip to Banda Aceh in #5. Its very moving. I have always wanted him to talk in depth about his UNICEF experiences. I always thought he should do a Primetime special with Diane Sawyer about this very thing.

I am so glad these have been unearthed. I am surprised there was never "O"fficial mention of these at the OFC!

OMG OMG..thank you so much for bringing this over. I can't believe I am in tears and I've only listened to the first one. I love this album and I love that he was so inolved and that some of these songs have so much meaning to him. I don't care the circumstance of how this album came to be -- I love it and it will always hold a special place for me. I've heard Clay hates this alubm so many times I wonder if I was starting to believe it. What a find. This is like gold to me.

OMG OMG..thank you so much for bringing this over. I can't believe I am in tears and I've only listened to the first one. I love this album and I love that he was so inolved and that some of these songs have so much meaning to him. I don't care the circumstance of how this album came to be -- I love it and it will always hold a special place for me. I've heard Clay hates this alubm so many times I wonder if I was starting to believe it. What a find. This is like gold to me.

WORD! If you're in tears now, wait until #5.

I can't stop listening to these. It is wonderful to hear him talk about the process of choosing some of these songs (although I would have given anything to hear him talk about LAA!) and then to hear him talk about what's important to him.

These are priceless.

I know...I can't believe there aren't more people EEEEEEEEEEEEing about this...WAKE UP!!!

hee

I love his description for EIH...and who is it here who really loves TOA...Claygasm? cos he totally loves that.

I also love his explanation on how he ended up in BAF...and how God directed his life.

hee and he is an activist ...

I know...I can't believe there aren't more people EEEEEEEEEEEEing about this...WAKE UP!!!

hee

I know! Where is everyone?? To be honest, I was going to take the night off from the boards. But something made me turn it on...

I love his description for EIH...and who is it here who really loves TOA...Claygasm? cos he totally loves that.

It is me!! I love and adore TOA and I thought I am the only one. But Clay loves it too - best of all the originals! The best thing, if he loves it so much, he will very likely sing it in concert! Just for meeeeeeeee! :dancingbanana:

He kind of owes me, since he never sings TOUCH...

I also love his explanation on how he ended up in BAF...and how God directed his life.

hee and he is an activist ...

I love how he plugs the BAF - "Since you're at your computers anyway..." Hee!

I love him! :wub:

I've listened to 4 of the 5 (will get to number 5 after my other boyfriend, Jon Stewart). OMG. These are fan freakin' tastic. I love hearing him talk about how these songs came about, and how the originals got selected. His purpose in life? Yep -- agreed Ansa.

Be back later to EEEEEEEEEEEE! more!

ETA: Listening now. These are soooo good!!!!!!! He's talking about how much he hates the album and how Clive held a gun to his head and threatened his mama and that's why he made the type of album he did and chose the songs he did. He really hates them all and wants nothing to do with the album!!!

(The above was brought to your by SnarkRUs)

BWAH! You made me spit out my dinner!! I totally didn't see that coming... although I should have. Hee.

OMG... See, this is what I needed to make that album meaningful to me.

The Story. The real story. Clay's story(ies). I'll never listen to IWTKWLI the same way again. The backgrounds behind all these songs are fantastic. I keep listening over and over.

Thanks a trillion to whoever found these things!! It's so cool to hear him talk about this stuff!

:wub:

Edited by YSRN

Well I've listened to them all and I'm as happy as a pig in slop. That's all I have to say. The content is what I care about...and is simply the best. Clay is a wonderful story teller. He pulls you right in. Sigh and damn I was going to clean my kitchen tonight. heee.

Well I've listened to them all and I'm as happy as a pig in slop. That's all I have to say. The content is what I care about...and is simply the best. Clay is a wonderful story teller. He pulls you right in.

OMG, yes. I love hearing him tell these stories. I cannot stop smiling right now.

Love him -- "just got kissed for the first time at 26." Heh. Clay funny.

Since HYCA is my favorite on the album (today, at least), I love hearing him talk about this, and the work that went into making that version. BW is another favorite, and again, listening him talk about getting chills at the end with the poem, gave ME chills. His description of EIH cracks me up, because I'm one of those "females" that LOVES that song too, and think it is simply beautiful.

I'm happier than a kitten chasing a cow right now. (It's that farm analogy that couchie started. :F_05BL17blowkiss: )

See, I know I am not the sensitive type - I think the podcasts are interesting - and I think Clay is a good storyteller - but it doesn't add or subtract to the songs for me.

Pooh! I shouldn't have dissed Clay's podcasts! It won't let me download 3-5!

Oh KAndre..it doesn't add to the album..I've always loved it....and just the other day I said even if I walked out of the summer tour and Clay had ignored every single song on the album, I'd still cherish the album. I've always known he was involved in every aspect..he said so in interviews and in that peince on his myspace. But to hear his voice talking about them made it more special. And you deserve to be dissed by Itunes LOL.

Well now, that's the best 22.01 minutes I've had in a long time.

Want a cigarette? :smokelots:

Pooh! I shouldn't have dissed Clay's podcasts! It won't let me download 3-5!

You should know....NEVER diss the Clay podcasts. [/semi-rip off of Dirty Dancing]

I love ATDW. These podcasts just add a bit more of a different flavoring for me -- adding salt to the chocolate to enhance the chocolate flavor, for example. JMO.

Ha... See... dissin' the sensitivities! LOL

Yeah, hearing an artist talk about the songs/album definitely makes me like them/it more. I liked it already, but I love to hear their thoughts put to each song. It's like asking you what your favorite songs are, but also getting WHY they're your favorites. It personalizes it for me. And well podcast #5 totally makes me like that song better.

KAndre... what you said earlier about inclusion/mainstream schooling did not sound weird to me at all. I had the exact same experience. They simply didn't know how to mainstream us after shuffling us away from everyone else. It was unfortunate. And I definitely suffered some consequences as a young adult.

Edited by YSRN

Yeah, hearing an artist talk about the songs/album definitely makes me like them/it more. I liked it already, but I love to hear their thoughts put to each song. It's like asking you what your favorite songs are, but also getting WHY they're your favorites. It personalizes it for me. And well podcast #5 totally makes me like that song better.

And I guess I'll give that TOA another chance LOL. heee

I feel the same as many of the rest of you. I didn't need the interviews to love the album, I already did/do. I also love to hear Clay talk, about just about anything. I too, was smiling through every single one of the interview segments. While I was listening, it reminded me how good these songs sound with headsets, and I don't even have a good pair. I didn't realize how long it had been since I had listened with my headsets on. Damn it! he did a great job with these songs. All of them.

:TourExcite: Come on Clay bring one to the mid-west.

KAndre shakes a fist at Apple and iTunes...

Ah, YSRN, I see...but for moi, I don't even think about why I like a song...I either do or don't. I'm too analytical in the rest of my life, music I need to be instinctual...

And I occasionally wonder if my socialization skills would have been different if I hadn't gone through that transition from a lot of individual attention - to regular ole school...

I can't get to teh podcasts it gives me nothing - WAhhhh - That is what hapens when I fall asleep in the evening after lots of excercise!

I have a feeling lots of people are downloading...they took it off CH vault to encourage people to dl from itunes since its free. Don't know if the other sites are uploading them.

I had to rush through those downloads and didn't get a chance to finish them earlier because I had to go to a high school musical production of Beauty and the Beast. Although I hated leaving Clay while he was talking to me, DAYUM! the play was unreal! They did such a professional job---the costumes and sets and the voices! Belle's voice was simply beautiful..amazing. Alex wasn't on stage this time; she was in charge of props! :)

Now...I do have to say that I drank that 'in the studio' info up like a salty marguerita! I LOVED hearing how BW came about...he was going to enter Star Search with that one! :lol: And he called somebody or somebody called him in the car when the idea about one of the other songs hit him (I told you I listened in a hurry. :huh: ) And he SAID he would've gone on to try to make a living singing if he hadn't taken that time off after high school! And he explained why ATD didn't go away...and I KNEW he probably loved TOA because of the lyrics...and

I LOVE this stuff! I think it would make a great special---just interviewing about the CD---how it came about, some clips of the work in the studio, things they tried and then changed, etc.

Oooooh! I WANT that!

But I gotta say...MAN! When he starts that "I'm Clay Aiken ...." and then the hawking of his CD? His voice climbs a few octaves, doesn't it? :unsure:

ETA: Oh, and I LOVED his thing about not kissing until he was 26. Bwhahahahaha! And how he figured that since he 'always needed help with the ladies', he took all the females' suggestion to include EIH! BWAH!

:cryingwlaughter:

I LOVE that man! Oh, I really, really do. :wub:

Edited by muskifest

:clown_4: Yeah, Clive is more evil than we ever thought. He has telepathic powers. He knew he could easily manipulate Clay into that Box of Doom by having him sing songs to which Clay felt connected. And poor Clay doesn't even realize it.

Sorry, couldn't resist! :medium-smiley-070:

This is a great find and I'm stunned that it's been sitting out there unnoticed. I can't wait to tell my sister that Clay loves TOA. It's been her favorite since the snippets. She thought it should be the single.

Yess i bet you it was TOA's lyrics that resonated with him....oh its also written by a ROck star...hey he wants to be a rocker??? oops too bad he took out all the rock elements of the song...darn...sigh

HEEE

I really can't believe that some poeple still thinks everyone lies and only their interpretation is right..now itunes is lying when they indicated this was done in December...well he couldn't have...Decemebr was when he started to be happy and the cd was dead then right???

hee...

:allgood::allgood:

And I guess I'll give that TOA another chance LOL. heee

YES! Everyone who didn't like TOA needs to give it another chance! Listen to the lyrics. Hear his voice soar. Its amazing!

I can't say these podcasts had any effect one way or the other on my enjoyment of the album, or even changed what I thought of any of the songs. But I loved hearing his thoughts on some of the songs and I loved hearing about his path and his UNICEF trip. LOVED IT!!

And I loved that a song I loved that many did not was Clay's favorite of the originals. We have a con.nect.tion!

:clown_4: Yeah, Clive is more evil than we ever thought. He has telepathic powers. He knew he could easily manipulate Clay into that Box of Doom by having him sing songs to which Clay felt connected. And poor Clay doesn't even realize it.

Sorry, couldn't resist! :medium-smiley-070:

This is a great find and I'm stunned that it's been sitting out there unnoticed. I can't wait to tell my sister that Clay loves TOA. It's been her favorite since the snippets. She thought it should be the single.

Your friend has good taste. It has been my favorite of the 4 originals on the album from day one. Of course, my very favorite is LAA, but that's not really on the album is it?

Yes, evil Clive. Clearly the reason no one has heard these podcasts before is because Clive hid them. He probably was holding the mother of whoever is in charge of iTunes hostage to make sure these would never see the light of day. They probably only did because he didn't stop to think that DAUGHTRY!!!! was in that same grouping of podcasts and we all know the WORLD is searching for all things DAUGHTRY!!!!! :medium-smiley-070:

Yess i bet you it was TOA's lyrics that resonated with him....oh its also written by a ROck star...hey he wants to be a rocker??? oops too bad he took out all the rock elements of the song...darn...sigh

HEEE

I really can't believe that some poeple still thinks everyone lies and only their interpretation is right..now itunes is lying when they indicated this was done in December...well he couldn't have...Decemebr was when he started to be happy and the cd was dead then right???

hee...

:allgood::allgood:

You're right, Ansa! Clay like TOA best because it was a rock song. You know, don't you that Clive forced him to take the rock elements out of that song, right? ;)

And you're also right that it couldn't be from December because by then the CD was dead and he was happy. Of course, he seemed happy to me in September, but obviously that was all a farce. *g*

I want to listen to them again, but alas, no iTunes on my computer at work and I didn't think to burn them to a CD last night. Maybe I'll even burn them onto a CD of ATDW. That would be kind of cool.

So are all the tour dates up yet at the OFC?? :lol:

Law Suit

Crass alert.

So I guess it has a court date. I hope his lawyers crush the living shit out of her.

About the songs..it's easier for me to believe that Itunes did this in December than come up with all sorts of espionage about them doing it in what September and just letting the lay. Surely there must be some cross fans of Ruben/Fantasia/Daughtery... is this American Idol series a well known thing? I've never heard of it...doesn't mean much since I don't folflow them closely but surely if the people who find everything Clay knew this series existed we would have been checked it for Clay or whined about the fact that Clay didn't have it. LOL.

Oh about Daughtery - I didn't watch his season so don't know much about him. He hasn't really penetrated my world at except one place...I listen to sports radio and one of the guys just loves him because he plays his song at least once or twice a day going into and out of commercial..the on air personalities are enough wiht the Daughtery. Kinda funny. I have to say..knowing nothing about him, I like his voice. I think the only other place I saw him was again a sporting thing that I watch..he sang the national anthem and I thought he did a good job. Of cousre my saying that doesn't translate into a sale. heee.