# 10 It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.

Ansamcw

New thread title poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Clay Aiken ? I can?t imagine my life without him.
    • Compromise ? I have learned to live with it?.
    • Clay Aiken: not-ordinary, an acquired taste, likened to kitsch ? but has people talking
    • Gah?and stuff
    • He is such a grown-ass Southern-gentlemen type man
    • I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks! *g*

He always says it's nice to know if the whole hetro thing doesn't work out that he's got options.
Woot! :lmaosmiley-1: And this is something I could even hear Clay saying, too! BWAH!

jamar, your son sounds like a great guy. :D ...and yeah...LOL...same snarky humor as Clay.

I said this a long time ago and I still believe it...A person, any person, is so much more than who they chooses to slip between the sheets with.

The fact that Clay's immeasurable talent and heart and intellect draws less media attention than stupid speculation on his sexual preferences drives me insane. It says something about society and maybe human nature that makes me wince.

G'Morning FCA! :lilredani: My sister (a life-long Paul McCartney fan) sent me this link from "The Macca Report"

http://music.guardian.co.uk/pickardofthepo...2101913,00.html

"This week, Anna Pickard watches and picks apart the video for Dance Tonight by Paul McCartney"

If you haven't seen the video, there is a YouTube link at the end of her review.

Sis loved it....I do too! :allgood:

Yeah, I think it's a really cute video (and cute concept, too)!

Kind of O/T: Do we have anyone here who is knowledgeable about iPods and iTunes? I have an older iPod (it's a Mini) and an even older laptop to run iTunes. I recently downloaded both Paul's new album and the Travelling Wilbury's new compilation, and they both came with videos. I can click on them and they play through iTunes, but they are choppy (which I assume is because my laptop's processor is just not up to snuff anymore). Can they be played in any other player? If I buy a new laptop, can I just back up my iTunes library files to an external drive and then load them into my new laptop after I install iTunes again? Or will I end up with licensing issues, using another computer? Will I have any problems loading my existing iTunes library onto a new iPod if i decide to purchase one in the future? Could I have any more questions? Hee. Not that I can afford to buy anything new until I pay for all these tickets that are still sitting on my Visa.

So, I finally got around to downloading a new ringtone for my cell phone last night. It has been playing "Invisible" since I got it. Now, it plays "Without You"! Every time it rings, I get more excited for the summer tour. :Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3:

ETA: Thanks, cindilu2. I have mine licensed on all 3 machines in the house so far, I think, so I should be good for another one whenever I get around to upgrading!

Edited by luckiest1

I don't know much about the iPod part of your question, but I know as far as downloads go, you can licence your purchases for play on up to five machines. (I have my laptop and desktop both 'registered') If you want a sixth machine, you have to 'unregister' one to add another. Max of five.

Luckiest1, be sure to get some full instructions on the move, as you might lose your playlists. I did this a long time ago, and can't remember if that happened or not, but when I was having some iTunes problems recently and talked to Apple support, they said the playlists wouldn't carry over. Seems like mine did, though, when I followed the instructions I found somewhere, but I can't remember. Now isn't that helpful? :imgtongue:

shastasheene posted this on CB - I have never seen this after the R&K show interview - is it old? Have wee seen it before?

I think I am getting Clack overload. It is all blurring together

Yup, it's in the Vault under Online Media. There were so many mentions right around that appearance, it probably got lost i the shuffle. He's such a classy guy. I *heart* him.

I'm utterly confused. The link doesn't work--I wait, but when it says it's ready to download, I get an error page. I looked under Online Media in the Vault, and there are twenty or so folders and I opened each one--don't see any file by this name. Don't see a Regis & Kelly folder there.

Never mind--finally it allowed me to download. I'm getting part of an earlier R&K appearance that I remember, and can't connect this to Online Media at all. Still confused about that, but I did see this clip before on R&K. It wasn't after the show, it was during.

AH, found the Clayboard thread. The 4shared file linked to is a 2004 interview from the show. The CB link (post has been edited) is to an online interview on send space following the most recent appearance: 061117_WTFC_PostR&K.wmv. Got it. Whew. It's under WTVD, but I'm not sure why, unless the filename is incorrect.

Edited by jmh123

If it's the clip I'm thinking of, Clay did an interview for a local NC station in what look like his dressing room, following the R&K co-hosting gig, and probably before his quick trip over to GMA to record his Christmas song. Is that what it is?

Yes, that is what it was., BC

WHoa, I am still shockedthat Kelly cancelled her 3 month tour. I am trying to figure out who is going to pay for everything now - I am sure her merchandise is made and delivered!

WAHT WHAT????!??!?!??!?!?? :scream:

I think they'll rebook in smaller venues and be able to use the merchandise. Wonder if the album will still be released as is, or if that will go on hold too.

Seems clear from the HDD blurb that the promoters stood to lose more if the show did go on: HDD.

S'OK, play. If I weren't in a permanent state of confusion I could've figured it out more easily. :RedGuy:

Edited by jmh123

Here's the HDD article:

CLARKSON TOUR OFF… FOR NOW

Summer Tour Shelved…To Be Rescheduled for Smaller Venues

June 14, 2007

The Kelly Clarkson summer tour, which was rumored to be on the ropes, has been shelved “for now” as “the singer and her team re-evaluate her show’s size and scope—a decision made even more difficult by the impending release of her album, My December, June 24.”

Earlier this week, the very first Idol winner split with her manager, The Firm’s Jeff Kwatinetz, amid the media controversy swirling over the direction of the new disc, penned mostly by Clarkson herself, which started with the tepid radio reception to the first single, “Never Again.”

The tour was to have started July 11 in Portland. Clarkson is still scheduled to perform at the historic Live Earth Show July 7 performance at Giants Stadium in New Jersey.

In a statement on her website, Kelly wrote: "I can't tell you how much I've been looking forward to getting out there to perform for y'all. In the craziness of the music business, performing is what I look forward to doing the most, so it really is disappointing for me to have to tell you that I won't be coming out to tour this summer. The fact is that touring is just too much too soon. But I promise you that we're going to get back out there as soon as is humanly possible to give you a show that will be even better. Thanks for all of your love and continued support."

Said LiveNation CEO Michael Rapino, who was promoting the tour: “It is mind-blowing when you stop to think about what Kelly Clarkson has achieved during her young career. But ticket sales have not been what we anticipated and we came to the realization that we had bit off more than we could chew. In the end, we are in the Kelly Clarkson business and for that reason we believe that this decision will only benefit her and her fans in the long run.”

Added Another Planet CEO Gregg Perloff: “Kelly is a spectacular artist and an incredible performer who undoubtedly has what it takes to sustain a long and prosperous career. The day when she will play in sold-out arenas is, no doubt, coming, but for now her fans should look forward to seeing her in a more intimate concert environment. Kelly deserves a tremendous amount of praise for her courage in not only being a part of, but in supporting, this difficult decision.”

Tickets for the tour can be refunded at the point of purchase.

In addition, as future concert dates become available, current ticket holders will be invited via e-mail, mail or phone notification, to purchase tickets through an exclusive presale, which will take place prior to the general on sale date for each concert.

For more official Kelly Clarkson news and information, see www.kellyclarkson.com.

I think that was a smart move. She never should have been booked into those huge arenas.

Hmmm. Wonder if she'll be at her ranch in Texas for the 4th of July???

Wonder if she'll have a house guest??? :whistling-1:

Well, merchandise with dates on it are no longer valid - that would be the back of the tour book, T-shirts, etc.

I was just assuming that Clay has his made by now since they order most things from China and that has to take a while to make, ship to a central place and then distribute to all the venues. Quality control and all that, etc.

Hope there is a mug! I have a mug collection going.

Wow. Just wow. {{{{{{{Those who were going to one of her shows}}}}}}}}}

play, I hope that some of the merchandise doesn't have dates on it, so it can be reused later. (I see you've made that point yourself now....)

Sheesh, since I'm on the main thread, I suppose I have to connect this to Clay somehow. Um....um....I can't imagine what the bloodbath would be like if a canceled concert tour had happened for him. Actually, I'm thinking it may have been somewhat smart for him to have booked smaller theaters this go around. I think this tour will build him a new and different audience. In Kelly's case, it seems to me that the situation just went "pie-in-the-sky" -- and now she's got pie on her face instead.

Ooooo, something else to tie this to Clay -- I'm looking forward to getting new Clay merchandise! I NEEEEEEEEEEED a new program! (And I wonder when the pictures for it were taken? What did the hair look like?)

jamar, I almost forgot -- I loved your son's response. He sounds like a good egg.

Something that ties to Clay. Clive's judgment about Kelly's album seems to have been correct in the eyes of many of Clay's fans. So.....

My opinion? Clay's album was probably better than Kelly's, but still not "commercial" enough. Clive's ideas to make it more commercial probably sucked. Clay was smart not to make a big deal about his arguments with Clive in his PR. Clay's fans should've followed his lead. ATDW was sabotaged by the fans "protecting" Clay more than by Clive. JMHO.

And KAndre, I did the same triple take over Jesse Helms, too. I'm FROM North Carolina and have always been embarrassed to share something with that man.

Ditto, Muskifest! :lilredani:

Thnx for the Macca link, Sally. I believe you still have a related story to share. Hmmm, bet I'm in trouble now. :lol:

:eusa_whistle: I've been keeping up, so thnx for providing much food for thought in your discussions. JaMar, kudos to the response by your son ... Loved seeing Clay and his grandmother again on the Martha Stewart Show this morning. You are right, YSRN; he could not be cuter! :)

Thnx to those who have stopped by my blog. I now have the Thistle Hut's new link corrected in the blogroll. Leaving all the scoops to others, I usually update every three days and already have some ideas. Wonder how those rehearsals are going? The Knoxille tickets arrived today! :Tour3:

Y'all have a great day! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Caro listen.gif

Edited by Carolina Clay

Playing arenas was probably overambitious at this stage, but then, at the time the tour was booked, Kelly's management may have believed the album would have been out longer and there would be at least a couple of hit singles to help drive sales. I kind of feel for her and her fans. The press about "Never Again," the change in management, and now this tour cancellation doesn't seem like the ideal promotional build-up for her album release. I mean, it's almost as if the the album is being discussed as a failure before it has even dropped.

On the other hand, it could drive her fans to support her even more.

It will be interesting to see what her first week sales will be. I think she'll still do very decent numbers. However, will the American Idol audience still buy the CD for their 8-year olds? She doesn't seem to care if they do, but I do wonder what impact her edgier sound will have on her fanbase.

Ooooo, something else to tie this to Clay -- I'm looking forward to getting new Clay merchandise! I NEEEEEEEEEEED a new program! (And I wonder when the pictures for it were taken? What did the hair look like?)

I'm actually getting a little nervous about this...shouldn't something be up on the OFC by now? I need both a program and a new keychain, not to mention a magnet and various over-priced t-shirts that I'll never wear..

:TourExcite:

======================================

The tour situation makes me feel really bad for Kelly and her fans. It has to be extremely hard to see something you've put what you claim is so much of yourself into get kicked around so hard. I'm sure she'll bounce back, but still, what a tough thing to experience.

It kind of puts the claims of "tepid" label support for ATDW in perspective, doesn't it? If RCA really wants to spike a project, I'd say this is about how it would go down.

Sheesh, since I'm on the main thread, I suppose I have to connect this to Clay somehow. Um....um....I can't imagine what the bloodbath would be like if a canceled concert tour had happened for him. Actually, I'm thinking it may have been somewhat smart for him to have booked smaller theaters this go around. I think this tour will build him a new and different audience. In Kelly's case, it seems to me that the situation just went "pie-in-the-sky" -- and now she's got pie on her face instead.

ldyjocelyn, I just posted something very similar to this in the Kelly thread at CH...and to add,

With all the Grammy Awards, the award for her video, etc. that she got so very quickly---all the hype and radio darling stuff...it seems very likely that the powers that be saw such $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ that booking her in such huge, huge places seemed logical and downright NECESSARY. I hope Kelly gets herself some trustworthy management and professional advisors.

We KNOW she already has at least ONE trustworthy friend who also happens to be very wise, resourceful and loyal. If she has any sense, she's already contacted him to be comforted (gah) and advised.

He also happens to be very HAWT. :hubbahubba:

ETA: bottle, I saw this after I posted

It has to be extremely hard to see something you've put what you claim is so much of yourself into get kicked around so hard.
Hmmmm...JNat05, anyone? :whistling-1: (not directed at you, dear, or anyONE in particular---just at a faction of the fandom that feels the need to bash personal creative expression for the sake of doing it or just because they're such experts, you know? <_< ) I feel bad for Kelly and can't even imagine what her fans holding airline tix, hotel & rental car reservations, and broker-priced concert tix are doing to stay sane.

CAN YOU IMAGINE IF IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS, JUST DAYS BEFORE DALLAS, THIS HAPPENED TO US? :scream:

Edited by muskifest

I'm actually getting a little nervous about this...shouldn't something be up on the OFC by now? I need both a program and a new keychain, not to mention a magnet and various over-priced t-shirts that I'll never wear..

I don't remember merch ever being available before the tour.

It kind of puts the claims of "tepid" label support for ATDW in perspective, doesn't it? If RCA really wants to spike a project, I'd say this is about how it would go down.

Yup. Especially if you make your promo all about Clive being the bad guy. Gotta have a really great album to pull that off.

I'm actually getting a little nervous about this...shouldn't something be up on the OFC by now? I need both a program and a new keychain, not to mention a magnet and various over-priced t-shirts that I'll never wear.

Have we ever had merchandise before the beginning of a tour? I don't think so. I remember reports coming in from Tom's River about what was for sale.....pictures from cell phones of the merchandise stands....tons of excitement. I sure hope that happens this time around as well!

{{{Kelly & fans}}} I can't even imagine how it must feel.

I can't remember how it shook down for the JNT 2005, but I strongly remember that the OFC didn't offer stuff from the JBT for purchase until the very first night of the show. The link for the store opened immediately after that first show. Everyone was still in the glow of that first JBT show....and then the link for the merchandise opened. The boards cleared while people were buying their stuff.

And I've GOT to wear my T-shirts! I've got too many to mention (I'm sure it's about 10 or so), and I love to wear them. Keychain? Yep. Need that too. I resisted the magnets for the longest time, and finally broke down during the JNT 2005. Heck, I've even got the bucket hat -- wore it in Ireland too.

Sharing your brain on this one. I also share a brain with jmh on this:

My opinion? Clay's album was probably better than Kelly's, but still not "commercial" enough. Clive's ideas to make it more commercial probably sucked. Clay was smart not to make a big deal about his arguments with Clive in his PR. Clay's fans should've followed his lead. ATDW was sabotaged by the fans "protecting" Clay more than by Clive. JMHO.

I truly think that if Clay had fought hard, really hard, for the album that so many think he had -- the situation between him then and Kelly now would be awfully, awfully similar. But Clay kept his head on straight, decided that the fight wasn't worth it, and instead produced a gorgeous album. I would venture a guess that both Clay and Clive had a bunch of compromise in the arrangement. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like Kelly followed in Clay's example.

We KNOW she already has at least ONE trustworthy friend who also happens to be very wise, resourceful and loyal. If she has any sense, she's already contacted him to be comforted (gah) and advised.

He also happens to be very HAWT. :hubbahubba:

I also think that he may have called HER at some point. Just a hunch.

Y'all have better memories about the merchandise sales than I do... Now that I think about it, I do remember drolling over pics and scans of the programs and whatnot from the opening show attendees, before the stuff went on sale at the OFC. That makes me feel better about there actually being merchandise for this tour.

:Tour3: