# 10 It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.

Ansamcw

New thread title poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Clay Aiken ? I can?t imagine my life without him.
    • Compromise ? I have learned to live with it?.
    • Clay Aiken: not-ordinary, an acquired taste, likened to kitsch ? but has people talking
    • Gah?and stuff
    • He is such a grown-ass Southern-gentlemen type man
    • I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks! *g*

Interupting the festivities to bring some more Christmas tour news. From Claystruck53 at CB:

I just talked to the Morris Auditorium in South Bend, IN and was told that Clay will have a Christmas concert there on November 28th. They don't know how much tickets will be yet because the concert was just confirmed today. The box office manager said they would know in about a week and were looking forward to getting them up for sale quickly. I told her I didn't have any doubts that this concert would be sold out and to get their ordering system ready. She just laughed and said there should be no problem. (yeah! right) They have no idea do they? The website address is www.morriscenter.org. She said I could get the message out so get excited Indiana cause he's coming back!!!!!
Edited by luckiest1

Don't venues talk to each other?

Or maybe it is not a problem for them, only diehard fans log on the first

minute and they will keep trying ifthe system craches.... or starts late.....or had the wrong date/time for sales.

I would like to see slow and steady sales. The newark sales are depressing - over half the theater is sold and there are really only bad seats left, but they are not moving. I am hoping for last minute student discounts to fill the back of the theater.

ANd just because this is new to some people

message50.gif

Back to loading the car - and then I am off.

Interupting the festivities to bring some more Christmas tour news. From Claystruck53 at CB:

I just talked to the Morris Auditorium in South Bend, IN and was told that Clay will have a Christmas concert there on November 28th. They don't know how much tickets will be yet because the concert was just confirmed today. The box office manager said they would know in about a week and were looking forward to getting them up for sale quickly. I told her I didn't have any doubts that this concert would be sold out and to get their ordering system ready. She just laughed and said there should be no problem. (yeah! right) They have no idea do they? The website address is www.morriscenter.org. She said I could get the message out so get excited Indiana cause he's coming back!!!!!

How do people find these things out? Do they just keep calling venues at random? Never ceases to amaze me how this stuff gets out there. I wonder if Clay will ever actually announce a tour?

file01315.jpg

Can't touch this.......................... :cryingwlaughter:

humor00042.gif

Too much? :cryingwlaughter:

couchie I for one want to thank you for your decision in not putting Chexxxy's Place on your message board locater. Thank you for having the common sense and decency not to support a place like that. It is fan policing at it's worse, and all their detective work is cyber stalking. I think it is borderline illegal too, TotallyFunctional. I hate the thought that the other 99% of unsuspecting "positive Pollyannas", who want an OFC board with no "negativity," might fall prey & succumb to being minions of those people. Many of these fans might not know of their history. They think they are operating on orders from Clay and that he appreciates their stalking the fans. If I believed for one minute that Clay would support that I would stop supporting him. I believe his blog smacked that notion down in a big hurry. :clap: Good job Clay.

I just don't see how any fans think they can police the entire internet, all the media, and the entire population of the world. IMHO there is no way fans will ever stop every diss ever made by the media and there is no way you will ever stop people from thinking Clay is Gay, if that is what they think. His questioned sexuality will more than likely dog him his entire career. It is an exercise in futility trying to censor it. Sending hate mail to every perceived slight gay diss made about Clay hurts him. It doesn't help him. Trying to hide every inference that Clay might be gay in order to try and protect him and people from thinking he is, is just dumb. Again JMO The over invested fans have done more to hurt Clay's image than any gay remark ever made by any stupid reporter, comedian, DJ, or other fans, I think. Get a life and grow up is what Clay should of said.

I think Clay has something already in his TOU about not discussing his sexuality. My concern is that we will get to a point where we are so over censored there is nothing left to read or talk about or any fans left to do it with. If I go to his OFC for news and we aren't allowed to post it because it might have a slight negative slant to it, if I have to put 1/3 of the regular posters on ignore, thenwhat the hell is the point in having an OFC? I just don't think it behooves anyone, especially Clay, to have heads in the sand and to try and shove everything under the rug. Not every diss is a career breaker for Clay. He isn't going to disappear just because some people think he is gay or makes a gay comment about him. Is he? He hasn't yet and they've been doing it for almost 5 years now. Homophobia and trying to rid Clay's fandom of gay fans or sympathisers is wrong. IMHO. Their money and support is every bit as good as mine and they have a right to be a fan just as anyone else. Clay has lots of gay fans and lots of fans that have gays in their families. Can't run them all off and nobody should be trying. JMO

I absolutely abhor ignorance and intolerance towards gay people or people who are sympathetic to their cause. To use Clay as an excuse to show your homophobia is disgusting to me. I don't care what you think of another fan, there are lines that are being crossed in this fandom and it needs to be outed and stopped. IMHO.

I'm off for the evening, but I wanted to say great posts here tonight. Thanks for all the kind hugs for me and others who have been lambasted by CxxP. I never signed up and went over to defend myself. I would of rather died than to have Clay see my screen name at that place. Apparently they don't want Clay to see theirs either, or they wouldn't feel the need to use alias screen names to hide behind. So nobody would know who they are and who to avoid. Tsk Tsk Tsk

Y'all have to see this. the ABC's of Clay Aiken.

Thanks for bringing that over. I'll have to add to FCA. heee...very cute.

Today, I turn down all job offers. Sure the money would come in handy, but for me, the sacrifice is too great. I feel like my many years in the profession gives me the right to experiment and grow in ways I never could before.

Kelly is very young, with lots of lessons yet to learn, this may just be one of them.

Very wise..and how great it is that you can now do what you want. I'm having that kind of dilemma right now. I've never taken a job just for the money. I have to love what I'm doing. That's why I've had a few non profit gigs along the way. Why can't we always have both!

. Paul McCartney's Memory Almost Full debuted at No. 2 with 162,640, second to .... T-Pain? Who in God's creation is T-Pain?

LOL...who indeed. Probably a 50 cent protegy or some such. Everybody uner 21 knows who it is. And with that name it's gotta be a rapper, right?

Makes Clay's ATDW debut look absolutely stunning in retrospect!

thClayAikenConcertCar.gif

LOVE that emoticon. heee..oh Lawd, I have my share of road trips and everyone has been a hoot.

Hey play! Just read your post over at the CH and since I can't post there, I want to post here a big fat WORD!

Great post - and I think you hit the nail on the head.

Thanks for bringing over your post Play. Bravo. I agree with your sentiments.

I'll answer that. I'm just a mature woman who wants to take him home with her (when the hubby, kids and dog aren't there)...no, wait....that's icky. I'm just a mature, juicy woman who wants to kidnap him and...crap! that's worse.....let's see. I'm just a mature, juicy, experienced woman and....

:DoClay:

Muski I've missed our walks this week - all my fault. And tonight I'm helping my sister get final montage completed for her son's 2nd grade class graduation. I am going to work that treadmill though... right after I finish this, or after I eat, or after SYTYCD. heee.

So I'm getting off this thing so my sister can use my computer. I haven't caught up with the day's posts but love all the convo and the funny and the smut.

WORD Clayzor

I do understand the desire to keep the OFC fun and positive. But I think there is also room for real discussions without people getting all disrespectful and in your face about it.

I agree about the fans tending to be too protective of Clay on the OFC. Again I understand why...but I do think its not always necessary. Unfortunately...the tabloid/gossipy/bitchy type of writing is becoming the norms in most celebrity columns. Most legitimate newspapers have them and sometimes they do have legitimate info in them and I think they should be on the OFC even if it is not totally complimentary or if its even insulting for Clay. The stupid stinky feet story from STAR...clearly no one needs to pay attention to that. But the page six blurb from the Calgary Sun had interesting and real info so I personally didn't think it was disrespectful to have on the OFC. YMMV.

BTW...you guys are CMSU...keep it up...hee

think Clay has something already in his TOU about not discussing his sexuality. My concern is that we will get to a point where we are so over censored there is nothing left to read or talk about or any fans left to do it with. If I go to his OFC for news and we aren't allowed to post it because it might have a slight negative slant to it, if I have to put 1/3 of the regular posters on ignore, thenwhat the hell is the point in having an OFC? I just don't think it behooves anyone, especially Clay, to have heads in the sand and to try and shove everything under the rug. Not every diss is a career breaker for Clay. He isn't going to disappear just because some people think he is gay or makes a gay comment about him. Is he? He hasn't yet and they've been doing it for almost 5 years now. Homophobia and trying to rid Clay's fandom of gay fans or sympathisers is wrong. IMHO. Their money and support is every bit as good as mine and they have a right to be a fan just as anyone else. Clay has lots of gay fans and lots of fans that have gays in their families. Can't run them all off and nobody should be trying. JMO

While I certainly can't speak for everyone, I can most assuredly say that my distaste for the gay speculation about Clay has absolutely nothing to do with my feelings about homosexuality. They are two distinctly different things, and lumping them together isn't really fair. Because I equate informed fans still speculating about Clay after all he's said and done with calling him a liar does not make me homophobic. Oversensitive? Maybe so. But the fff's and the Conehead O'Asshat's of this world have bred that into me. Seeing Clay have to stare down Dianne Sawyer on national tv, when the focus could and should have been solely on his fabulous new CD bred that into me. It. Pisses. Me. Off.

I think Clay made it pretty clear that he is going to allow pretty much open season on him on the OFC, and god bless him for it. He's a better person than I am, and more guts than anybody I know. I absolutely loathe the tactics of the fan police who have harassed people like you, Clayzor. There is no excuse or justification that could make it okay. None.

Edited by cindilu2

Cindilu...I do think that Clayzor was mostly talking about the people that are fan policing and harassing other Clay fans. I do believe that they may be motivated by more than concern for Clay. That kind of behavior comes from a hateful place IMO.

Some Sixties: If You Want It, Here It Is, Come and Get It.

Build Me Up, Buttercup

Motown: I Can't Help Myself

And let us not forget:

Measure of a Man

Edited by muskifest

I think his success is going to be based on his varied fandom - where not everyone loves everything, but there is something to love for everyone.

Play I just love what you said.

ClayzorGreat post! I wish my name wasn't on that board but it is and she won't remove it so I guess I will have to live with it.

Lots of wonderful posts and I am trying to read them all but my brain is getting muchy after having my 2 year old Grandson here for the week LOL

Edited by jerrijan

courtesy of Carrie Underwood..

"That's Where It Is"

"Don't Forget to Remember Me"

and "Inside Your Heaven" (Gah)

Christina Aguilera...

"Still DIrty"

"Here to Stay"

"Makes Me Want to Pray"

Let's hope it doesn't sing a Bonnie Raitt song:

"I Will Not Be Broken"

Blasphemy from early Clay:

"Go the Distance"

How about some Queen?

"Under Pressure"

"Don't Stop Me Now"

and what I'd be singing if, indeed, I got to see Clay's penis singing...

"I Could Not Ask For More"

OMG, so much word to go around.

First of all, I need a wedding dress because I am going to spirit Ansa, couchtomato and KAndre off (along with some others here) for a good old fashioned mass wedding.

You know I love you girl and you just took back you power. Months ago you were so reluctant to post even here, where people know and love you, under your normal screen name. There's no reason on earth you should be anonymous. It wasn't my intention to drag you out of the closet (HA) but glad you are truly here now.

And I'm sorry, can't marry you cuz as much as I love them don't know how we'd handle being co-wives.

That was hot! (tm Paris Hilton)

Stop it! I almost got through the day without hearing or seeing the words, Paris Hilton. hee

Clayzor: Hugs

Muski: you like naming penis songs, dont' you heee :cryingwlaughter:

Yay for more Xmas shows. I won't miss it this year so the closer he gets to me the better..come on Clay!

OK- I need an avatar.

Clayzor- I am so sorry to hear about what happened to you as well. I know there must be others out there who could take their power back as well. I will fully admit that I allowed myself to be intimidated until I realized that their whole point was to intimidate.

One thing I think helped is for couchtomato and Ansa to bring this topic to light. Cyber-bullying should never be tolerated or kept swept under the rug. I believe the secrecy, shame and silence gives the attackers more power than they would have otherwise. I also think that when people receive attacking PMs, they NEED to send them to the admins of those particular message boards. I have heard of so many people who have received nasty PMs and then won't do anything about them. One thing bullies need to know is that the moment I open that PM and read it, it's being copied and pasted. Heck, I'd be half inclined to post it openly on the board if it's bad enough and risk trout. *runs from couchtomato*

cindilu2, I don't see our discussion here condoning rampant speculation of Clay's sexuality as much as it is speaking out against cyber-bullying and condemning what seems like draconian measures against people who don't deserve to have their pictures posted and their private lives disturbed. The point is that if the OC is annoying to one, one does not have to go there. I don't understand why some of the "fighting warriors for Clay" keep visiting a board they so revile, but then again, I don't understand the urge of those same "warriors" to continue feeding at the trough of hate at the hate blogs either.

Thanks for the support, couchtomato. :clap:

So far OFCMB is reminding me of that old Barney song.......I love you, you love me, we're a happy family......how long can that possibly last?

I'm behind, but had to respond to this. How long?? Oh, prolly until the second verse kicks in..

'then a shot rang out and Barney hit the floor, no more purple Di-No-Saur...'

:medium-smiley-070:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!