# 10 It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.

Ansamcw

New thread title poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Clay Aiken ? I can?t imagine my life without him.
    • Compromise ? I have learned to live with it?.
    • Clay Aiken: not-ordinary, an acquired taste, likened to kitsch ? but has people talking
    • Gah?and stuff
    • He is such a grown-ass Southern-gentlemen type man
    • I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks! *g*

The tour situation makes me feel really bad for Kelly and her fans. It has to be extremely hard to see something you've put what you claim is so much of yourself into get kicked around so hard.

Ye-ouch! Poor Kelly and fans on this one.

Something that ties to Clay. Clive's judgment about Kelly's album seems to have been correct in the eyes of many of Clay's fans. So.....

My opinion? Clay's album was probably better than Kelly's, but still not "commercial" enough. Clive's ideas to make it more commercial probably sucked. Clay was smart not to make a big deal about his arguments with Clive in his PR. Clay's fans should've followed his lead. ATDW was sabotaged by the fans "protecting" Clay more than by Clive. JMHO.

Preach it sister. My sentiments exactly. You are da bomb..........

I think the same thing is happening to Clay. He can't fill those big arenas just yet, and they are smart to keep him in the smaller ones until he can. I think it was a wise decision for Kelly to cancel.

ldyjocelyn I tried to watch Creature Comforts Sunday, but fell asleep half way through. Dang it. What I saw, though, wasn't as funny as the last episode.

I am afraid we won't get a tour Book or merchandise this time. I will be very disappointed, but I just have a nagging feeling we won't. Nothing is showing up on OFC store. Speaking of stores, thanks playbiller for posting the link to the Clayboard store. I never bought any of those AI cds, even though Clay was on them. I was not about to let those idiots from AI make any money off of me except for Clay stuff only. I was in my revenge hate mode. Hee I suppose I should buy them, just to have every song he ever sang in my collection, but I don't know that I will. I didn't buy his TV Christmas Special DVD either, because I didn't like the show. I know, I know, I'm a bad fan. :cryingwlaughter:

The tour situation makes me feel really bad for Kelly and her fans. It has to be extremely hard to see something you've put what you claim is so much of yourself into get kicked around so hard.

Ye-ouch! Poor Kelly and fans on this one.

Many of her fans are very young. I am especially sorry for them. :blink:

Caro listen.gif

Y'all have better memories about the merchandise sales than I do... Now that I think about it, I do remember drolling over pics and scans of the programs and whatnot from the opening show attendees, before the stuff went on sale at the OFC. That makes me feel better about there actually being merchandise for this tour.

:Tour3:

You know.>I think the NAT had merch available online before the shows started...some people ordered and it took forever to get to them. Wasn't this a different vendor too? It was either NAT or the first JNT04.

I truly think that if Clay had fought hard, really hard, for the album that so many think he had -- the situation between him then and Kelly now would be awfully, awfully similar. But Clay kept his head on straight, decided that the fight wasn't worth it, and instead produced a gorgeous album. I would venture a guess that both Clay and Clive had a bunch of compromise in the arrangement. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like Kelly followed in Clay's example.

I think if Clay had pulled a Kelly he would NOT be getting any sympathetic press. He would have been labeled a diva and trashed even more than he was. I think Kelly is "america's sweetheart" more or less so even though it's bad what is happening to her, she's not getting trashed personally. I don't think any amount of PR manipulation would have made it otherwise for Clay.

No I can't imagine what it would be like for Clay to cancel an entire tour before the tour began. I think it's smart of him and his management to understand what sort of venues he can fill enough for everybody to make money. They don't have to be SOLD OUT IMO... they just have to cover the costs and give everyone a nice little bit of profit.

I would think that most of Kelly's young fans don't have reservations and hotels to cancel and they will get their money back for the tickets. It's just probably the disappointment they have to deal with...now gr ou ch o may have lost a fortune..that is if he can tear himself away from stalking Clay. :cryingwlaughter:

From the public side of the OFC:

06/14/07 : MULTI-PLATINUM RECORDING ARTIST CLAY AIKEN TO RING IN CAPITAL ONE HOLIDAY CELEBRATION ON ICE

By Team Clay

OLYMPIC SILVER MEDALIST SASHA COHEN TO PERFORM ALONG WITH NATIONAL, WORLD CHAMPIONS IN LAS VEGAS

LAS VEGAS, N.V. --- What better way to celebrate the winter holiday season than with cool music, Clay Aiken and world-class ice skating?

The Capital One Holiday Celebration on Ice, set for Nov. 6 at The Orleans in Las Vegas, will be a star-studded evening to remember. The show will be a live taping for a Christmas Day TV broadcast on NBC. Tickets for the show will go on sale in July.

Tapped as the exclusive musical guest for the Capital One Holiday Celebration on Ice, singing sensation Clay Aiken will lend his powerful voice to some of the most loved and classic holiday songs of all time. Since 2003, Clay Aiken has garnered a number of different titles. Multi-platinum recording artist, television personality, Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF (visiting children in war torn Afghanistan, Uganda and tsunami stricken Indonesia), best selling author & advocate for individuals with disabilities through his Bubel/Aiken Foundation.

Headlining the event on the ice is the ever-elegant Sasha Cohen, a U.S. skating champion and the 2006 Olympic silver medalist. Cohen’s skating is a treat in itself, with her mesmerizing style and grace.

Joining Cohen for this special holiday celebration are six-time U.S. champion and world champion Todd Eldredge, two-time Olympic medalist Philippe Candeloro, world champion Yuka Sato, world bronze medalist Caryn Kadavy, world ice dancing champion Shae-Lynn Bourne, eight-time British champion Steven Cousins, three-time U.S. pairs champions Jenni Meno and Todd Sand and reigning world ice dancing champions Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon.

Comcast-Spectacor entered into a partnership with Disson Skating in January of 2006, to take figure skating to a whole new level and has quickly become the leading producers of televised ice skating shows in the United States and Canada. A major component of this partnership is the production of 10 two-hour original ice skating specials on NBC, including “Capital One Holiday Celebration on Ice’’ which will be broadcast on Christmas Day, Dec. 25, 2007, from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST.

Comcast-Spectacor (comcast-spectacor.com) is the Philadelphia-based sports and entertainment company which owns the Philadelphia Flyers (NHL), the Philadelphia 76ers (NBA), the Philadelphia Phantoms (AHL), the two arenas in which their teams play, the Wachovia Center and Wachovia Spectrum, four Flyers Skate Zone community ice skating and hockey rinks and Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia. In addition, Comcast-Spectacor is also the principal owner of Global Spectrum, the fastest growing firm in the public assembly management field with more than 50 facilities throughout the United States and Canada; Ovations Food Services, a food and beverage service provider; New Era Tickets, a ticketing and marketing company for public assembly facilities; Front Row Marketing Services, a commercial rights sales company; and 3601 Creative Group, a full-service in-house advertising agency. Comcast-Spectacor also owns the Bowie Baysox, the Delmarva Shorebirds, the Frederick Keys baseball teams, all affiliates of the Baltimore Orioles.

Very, very cool....

Clayzor, do not give up hope about merchandise. As most of us are remembering, there was nothing for presale on the OFC for his last tours. The previous tours (IT, NAT, and JNT 2004) weren't OFC related.

Jason Davis' MySpace

Bwah! This is not a soft rocker!

Jason, Jeremy, and CLAY AIKEN?!?!?!?

Yes, you read it right. Jeremy and Jason will be playing with Clay Aiken & the Philharmonic Orchestra on July 4th at the Frisco Freedom Fest (Frisco, TX). The schedule of events are as follows:

Frisco Freedom Fest activities at City Hall Plaza: 4 pm until Fireworks start

FC Dallas vs Chivas USA: 5:45 - 7:45 pm

Clay Aiken & the Philharmonic Orchestra concert: 8:15 - 9:45 pm

Largest firworks in the Metroplex organized by the famous Zambelli family start at 9:45 pm

Thanks for updating your ThistleHut link, Caro! :)

Yeah, that skating thing IS cool. I haven't really paid it much attention yet, but that sounds pretty exciting. Hmmm.... November in Vegas. Sounds like a fun trip!

Edited by YSRN

I didn't buy his TV Christmas Special DVD either, because I didn't like the show. I know, I know, I'm a bad fan.

So....I bought the DVD....but it still has the shrink wrap on it. heh. Almost fell asleep during the television broadcast, so have no desire to watch it again. Bad fan, too, huh? :allgood:

Link? Buy stuff? AI CDs? What did I miss? :scream: My AMEX card is going to feel slighted if I don't buy another Clay Aiken item..... :rolleyes:

ETA:

Tapped as the exclusive musical guest for the Capital One Holiday Celebration on Ice, singing sensation Clay Aiken will lend his powerful voice to some of the most loved and classic holiday songs of all time. Since 2003, Clay Aiken has garnered a number of different titles. Multi-platinum recording artist, television personality, Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF (visiting children in war torn Afghanistan, Uganda and tsunami stricken Indonesia), best selling author & advocate for individuals with disabilities through his Bubel/Aiken Foundation.

Dang! This guy sounds really cool!

Edited by muskifest

Ms. Posty-McPostho today....

New pictures from CV, via getclayaiken.com *waves at YSRN and laughn*:

100_3394.jpg

100_3395.jpg

100_3393.jpg

These would be from before the GMA appearance in 2006, I think.

*sniff* I need some more Cheez Doodles, as only one of two people on this board who liked the Christmas special...*waves at luckiest1*

I know I should be drooling over Clay in those pictures, but seeing Roger in the background it just struck me who he has always reminded me of. Any X-Files fans here? Think The Lone Gunman.....

I know I should be drooling over Clay in those pictures, but seeing Roger in the background it just struck me who he has always reminded me of. Any X-Files fans here? Think The Lone Gunman.....

bwahhh!!! Lord yes, Langly! He's always reminded me of him. :cryingwlaughter:

Jason Davis' MySpace

Bwah! This is not a soft rocker!

Jason, Jeremy, and CLAY AIKEN?!?!?!?

Yes, you read it right. Jeremy and Jason will be playing with Clay Aiken & the Philharmonic Orchestra on July 4th at the Frisco Freedom Fest (Frisco, TX). The schedule of events are as follows:

Frisco Freedom Fest activities at City Hall Plaza: 4 pm until Fireworks start

FC Dallas vs Chivas USA: 5:45 - 7:45 pm

Clay Aiken & the Philharmonic Orchestra concert: 8:15 - 9:45 pm

Largest firworks in the Metroplex organized by the famous Zambelli family start at 9:45 pm

!

BWAH!!! Great find. Don't think those dudes will be backing Clay up on Moon River, based on what they have playing on their myspace page. Which, by the way, has the tagline "Rock / Progressive / Showtunes". Verrry interesting. I see Jason plays guitar and Jeremy plays bass. Wonder if that means Clay will really only be travelling with Jesse and the new, as yet unnamed drummer, plus Q&A.

Claygasm, I always got more of a Garth vibe (Party on, Wayne!) from Roger W., although he could also work as the blonde Lone Gunman dude who's name I can't remember right now.

I spend all of my time trying to catch up here. That's why you'all aren't hearing from me. But it's nice that's there's so much "chatting" going on here. I agree with some of what's being said here, but not with all of it, which is also nice. Makes it interesting.

I have a long take-home exam due this evening that I really should be working on - really HAVE to get working on now. Then I will be done with school for the summer. Hopefully then, I will be able to post more.

Hugs. Especially to Muski who sounds like she could use some today.

Ok, I'll jump in and say I liked "A Clay Aiken Christmas" too. Was it the best show ever? No, but it was Clay and it proved that even sick, Clay Aiken can sing better than just about anyone. I didn't enjoy his guests as much and it didn't show his personality effectively, but he had his own 1 hour TV special, people, and I still like to celebrate that fact. I have watched my DVD, ha, I even watched the repeat on Bravo last year. I'll admit, I'm pretty easy.

*squishes atinal*

I think if Langly and Garth had a child, it would look like Roger. (But I do have to admit the first time I saw a picture of Roger, I thought of Langly...)

As far as the Jason Davis Band MySpace page discovery goes...well, shoot. We may have to modify what looks to be the next thread title....Heh.

{{{{{{{{{muski}}}}}}}}}

*sends smart brainwaves to Totally*

Wow, I leave work early and all sorts of Clay stuff happens. LOVE that press release for the skating show. CAN'T WAIT to see what Clay ends up singing. Interesting list of skaters - good to see some Canadians there as well. Steven Cousins is one of my favourites. And Philippe Candeloro? BWAH!

Interesting about the guitarist and bass player who are claiming to be playing with Clay in Frisco. Verrrrry interrrrrresting........ :RedGuy:

Thanks for bringing those new pics over. He was soooo cute that day!

Claygasm, I always got more of a Garth vibe (Party on, Wayne!) from Roger W., although he could also work as the blonde Lone Gunman dude who's name I can't remember right now.

Yeah, Garth was always the first name to come to my mind, too!

And, uh... I still have CAC in shrink wrap. But I did buy it! I just wish he'd showcased his sense of humor more.

I think if Langly and Garth had a child, it would look like Roger. (But I do have to admit the first time I saw a picture of Roger, I thought of Langly...)

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter:

Good luck on the exam, Totally!

ACAC - yeah, well, someone gave it to me for Christmas that year. Add me to the list of people who still have it in the shrink wrap. IMO, it was not good - and it had nothing to do with Clay being sick.

Ok, seeing those rocker dudes who will be playing for Clay in Dallas.... Well, if that isn't absolute PROOF that Clay really, truly, wants to be Rock!Star!Clay! then what is?? He obviously is being FORCED to sing songs from that album he hates so much, so to compensate and thumb his nose at evil Clive, he's hiring rocker dudes to play with him!

Rock on, dude!!

**The above was brought to you by SnarkRUs, who have been on vacation far too long**

Clay mention on Jon Stewart.

They were talking to their Iraq correspondent and he was talking about how no one spoke Arabic, that the army used to have a translator but they let him go. He was listening to a little too much Clay Aiken, if you know what I mean. wink, wink, nudge, nudge...

Yes, I know. It was a gay thing, but I love Jon Stewart and I refuse to put him on my hate list!

Yes, I know. It was a gay thing, but I love Jon Stewart and I refuse to put him on my hate list!

I don't have any hate lists any more. It got way to confusing trying to remember who I was supposed not to like because of something to do with Clay!

If Clay can ignore them then so can I. If enough of us just ignore this crap then maybe they will get tired and stop it. I know, I know wishful thinking!

I do not to go to any of the obvious hater sites but if I do see something that interests me at one of the entertainment places I will click on it. I can't live my life worrying if my giving them a hit will keep them in business. Sorry if that upsets some!

How many days to Houston? Golly someone has to be keeping count!

:Tour3:

Lists

I still dislike many people among them, MSNBC - won't click on a link for them, most gossip mongers, never read them before, no reason to start now and KG - icky person that I disliked since Seinfeld.

Edited by playbiller

Lists

I still dislike many people among them, MSNBC - won't click on a link for them, most gossip mongers, never read them before, no reason to start now and KG - icky person that I disliked since Seinfeld.

I'll see your list, and raise you a Conehead O'Asshat. :lilredani:

Saw the Daily Show last night - not a funny joke, really. (tm CHA)

Whatevah. WhatEVAH! (tm CHA)

IGNORE! (tm CHA)