#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Although I'm not a big fan of country music, I like some songs. Till I can Make It On My Own, sung by Martina McBride and Travelin Soldier by the Dixie Chicks are two sad songs but not FD.

Fields of Gold sung by Eva Cassidy, FD because she died at a very young age. I used to be a Dawson's Creek fan and they used that song when Jen died. Hey, I loved that show!!

I've been thinking about sad songs. Who cares that I should be working? Some of these are sad sad, some are f'ing depressing sad, and some are LMAO sad. Only one has ever made me cry every.time.i.hear.it.

The End of the World

Last Kiss

Teen Angel

Send in the Clowns

Alone Again, Naturally

**Crying

**I'm Not in Love

**How Do I Live Without You

**I Am A Rock

Cat's In The Cradle

**Total Eclipse of the Heart

All By Myself

**Broken Vow

**Against All Odds

The ** designates songs that, although sad, I love. HDILWY makes me bawl like a baby every time. The rest of them just make me LMAO.

Edited by Bookwhore

I think pages and pages of what did I miss is going to be worse than having the photoshop. IMO

So should I put it back then? Sheesh it's hard trying to please everybody. :cryingwlaughter:

Yes. Even though I'm not a photoshop fan, the suspense of what I missed is driving me nuts.

I think pages and pages of what did I miss is going to be worse than having the photoshop. IMO

So should I put it back then? Sheesh it's hard trying to please everybody. :cryingwlaughter:

This place is a fricking freight train, by the time you get it back in everyone will have moved on.

Aww, lookit all the furbabies! I love them. Thanks gran, er lilyshines for starting that!

Waldo is Huge!!!

What? I just wanted to say that.

I do think it says something about me that the saddest sobbiest movie I ever saw was My Dog Skip! LOL!

Cindilu, set me up with that song... I edited my post before to tell you I'd listen to it, but it probably got lost in the shuffle. I wanna test my cold, shriveled up heart. ;) Hee.

Ahhh, TOS... gotcha. borgsmiley.gif

Awww....

I have this album. Heh. Love the whole thing. :RedGuy:

eta.... holysheep.gif

Even though I'm not a photoshop fan, the suspense of what I missed is driving me nuts.

So did you like the ones I posted? :whistling-1: hee.... I like the pose of the second one, CMSU! :cryingwlaughter:

Oh, Lawdy! Wildfire?!?!?! What memories that song brings! woo. :hubbahubba:

Well, if you MUST know, I'm referring to my college boyfriend who I thought would somehow still find his way back to me years after we stopped seeing each other. I really thought he was.the.one. Six feet, four inches tall, dark hair, big brown eyes and a silly laugh that always made me want to jump him. He wore jeans and tee shirts with sports jackets and sneakers and just knocked my socks (and other articles of clothing) off! And that song was really popular then and one night I was at the house he shared with two buddies, waiting for him to get back from Christmas break and I was lying on the sofa, eyes closed, with headphones on and Wildfire was playing and I was wailing along and the next thing I knew my man was on top of me kissing the sh...stuff out of me and....

:Thud:

Edited by muskifest

Truly, I chose the wrong profession...and if it seems like I'm changing topics every few minutes, it's because I'm back teaching the 4 yr olds again and my attention span needs to recycle every ten minutes or my head explodes.

Sounds like time for "Fun with Photobucket!" WHEEEE!

ELMO!

orangeshirtpocket.jpg

HORSIE!

clayhorsejkl_gerwhisp.gif

BUBBLES!

claybubbles_gerwhisp.gif

=================================================================

Sign. I'm going to have to admit to getting teary over "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald", aren't I? :whistling-1:

OMG, I hate those tearjerker songs that leave me sobbing with imaginary grief--things like that godawful "Butterfly kisses.

I hate Hallmark too. I cry through every damn commercial.

Sign. I'm going to have to admit to getting teary over "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald", aren't I? :whistling-1:

If I can sit here tearing up over Wildfire (and in an odd way, over muski's - you have to confess to EVERYTHING!

Oooo - I forgot about Against All Odds!

HA HA! We are all little mushy people inside!

Oh, they say she died one winter

When there came a killing frost

And the pony she named Wildfire

Busted down its stall

In a blizzard he was lost

She ran callin' Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiildfire...

Yes, I love me some Wildfire too. Hey! I like the treacle on occasion!

Treacle :cryingwlaughter: . Yep. Sad in that calculated way that the movie Beaches is sad. OK, I'll admit to crying buckets at that movie every time I saw it. I'm sure I will cry if I see it again. Sentimental usually neurtalizes the sad for me. It does something to the credibility, tears aside.

Truly FD - 9 Crimes by Damien Rice. I'm sure there are more depressing songs than that one, but it's the first one that comes to mind.

Or a certain chorus in Summersong by The Decemberists that made Bookwhore want to drive off a bridge, figuratively speaking, of course. (For you, Bookwhore :openflower3: ) . Truly, not depressing, though.

Edited by duckyvee

Or a certain chorus in Summersong by The Decemberists that made Bookwhore want to drive off a bridge, figuratively speaking, of course. (For you, Bookwhore :openflower3: ) . Truly, not depressing, though.

Warning, ducky has a dark side. Very, very dark. She's the queen of gloom & doom songs. To her, this is a happy song:

Waylay the din of the day

Boats bobbing in the blue of the bay

In deep far beneath all the dead sailors

Slowly slipping to sleep

WTF is that about?

What was that mostest aweful saaaad song again??? Something about xmas shoes sorta country with an equally vomit inducing TV movie. . :scream:

Edited by woo lovereyes

How sad is it that of the 50 or 60 songs mentioned in the last few pages, I recgonize only a handful and know the words to maybe three.

I warned you I know nothings about pop music - but yeah, maybe that's not a bad thing!

YSRN, we can be heartless bitches together. I almost never cry at anything anymore - let alone sappy lyrics.

Music can move me, just not to tears.

ETA. Farouche - I right-clicked on that sucker so fast. Now that I can get into.

Edited by lilyshine

Warning, ducky has a dark side. Very, very dark. She's the queen of gloom & doom songs. To her, this is a happy song:

Waylay the din of the day

Boats bobbing in the blue of the bay

In deep far beneath all the dead sailors

Slowly slipping to sleep

WTF is that about?

Now, that's not fair, Bookwhore. Sure, if you take that out of context it's a bit unpleasant, but it's just a metaphor. What about this sequence in the same song?

My girl, linen and curls

Lips parting like a flag all unfurled

She's grand the bend of her hand

Digging deep into the sweep of the sand

Very sweet. Don't you think?

*Peeks in. Leaves photograph as a present.* (It's not a great one but it's never been posted anywhere else. It's a FCA exclusive.)

192133482-L.jpg

Nice picture. Is there perhaps a new chapter somewhere to go along with it?

j/k. Welcome to FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

KAndre, congratulations on the found phone. How long did it take them to find it?

Edited by Bookwhore

hee. I knew Wildfire would get YSRN. I have one song I cry over, and only one, (It's that one about getting mommy shoes at Christmas *sigh*) I'm even immune to Wildfire....but I start loosing my shit at the opening credits of Old Yellow, and I think Bambi is an evil visited on young children.

bottlecap :F_05BL17blowkiss:

All your little (and not so little) guys are really cute!!...here's Hairy

Hairyintheflowers1.jpg

What was that mostest aweful saaaad song again??? Something about xmas shoes sorta country with an equally vomit inducing TV movie. .
Yeah, woo lovereyes...that's the one...ack! Edited by laughn