#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

the whole package is the old punch in the gut.

keepingfaith....if this is your experience, I'd say the dude's missing the target! Hey, I know! He needs a "Morticia" or a "Damien"! They'd navigate him to the right place!

"Recalculating...."

"Make a legal U Turn..."

And what neither the man nor the woman ever wants to hear:

"Lost signal..."

:whistling-1: (

I simply must be more mindful of your smutmometer. I'm missing some huge opportunities here. Humongous. But when I get that solar plexus hit it does feel right on target. He's certainly no stranger to other chakras of my body.

Elvira, honey, Elvira. You should remember the name since she's the only reason we ever arrived, anywhere. I never saw that curb, either time. Because I was already fast-forwarding. You guys let me drive that day, in fact, incredulously I was asked to drive knowing the pathetic condition I was in. merrieeee and Playbiller probably wouldn't be thrilled to hear that I was trying to remember if I, or someone else, drove my car to Dallas. Autopilot for 200+ miles. I finally remembered meandering around that mall parking lot in Dallas. Lindsey Lohan would have been a preferred chauffeur, unless she too had been seeing Clay for the first time and was, mmmm, not present in the moment. I must have been awful for everyone. My memory of that day is sketchy, except from the first sound of Clay's voice and watching him stroll out right there, and sing. About that I have vivid flashbacks that I step into from "time to time."

atinal....I'm so sorry your SIL felt she had to give you grief about Clay. Is the disappointment because she will never like Clay, or was it in discovering someone who's opinion mattered to you.....was prejudice?

I ran into a similar situation with a dear friend and was stunned to discover how unaccepting of people's differences they were. I guess it had never come up before and I had assumed their opinion wouldn't be that different from mine.

I was sad to discover otherwise.

rohdy I think it was a little of both, I can deal with people not liking Clay or who just don't get it, she's always been a country music fan, but it was the feeling that she knew I was a big fan and seemed to need to tell me she couldn't stand him. The prejudice, yes that bothered me too, I did edit her statement, it wasn't pleasant. Also, that she would be so quick to believe the BS.

During AI it never crossed my mind that Clay might be gay. It wasn't til I found the message boards in late September of 03 that I even knew it was being discussed back then, even Simon's comments didn't strike me as gay innuendo. I did watch the Diane Sawyer Primetime interview, but I guess I didn't realize it was a widely held belief. On AI, I thought he was a geeky guy. I thought his reaction to Paula's asking him out, was typical of a guy who hadn't had girls falling all over him in the past.

Smart, articulate people on this board... Love it! :clap:

One of the things I have admired most about Clay is that when he looks at people, he sees their hearts, not their looks. He accepts others and himself and has been a role model for me to do the same and I love him madly for that alone.

WARNING: Short rant coming...

You have to understand, I don't normally cuss, so when I do, it has really pushed my buttons...

I get so f'ing angry that here it is, the 21st Century, and it matters to ANYONE outside of a third world country what someone's sexual orientation, skin color, religion, gender, or anything else is. ARRRGGGG!!!!

I know it is much better than it was when I was growing up, so progress has been made, but still! Geesh!!! (end of rant... told you it was short)

Now to very important stuff...

THUDING 101

1) Post a warning so that everyone can properly arrange thud mats around computer chairs or surface where laptops are located...

2) Make sure smelling salts are close at hand...

3) Find a GAH-worthy photo and post...

ABeautifulMan.jpg

4) :Thud::Thud::Thud:

I am such an idiot... RL kept me from the boards this weekend mostly, so I just stayed up till past midnight catching up and my alarm goes off at 6am. Sometimes I worry about me... :cryingwlaughter:

Carry on and I'll go back to lurking.

Hey, it's granan! Hi! Lilyshine...what a cute doggie name! :) Don't lurk. Play with us!!

eta... Son Of A Bitch.... Party Dude... the top!! fiesta.gif

Ouch! I've been outed!

LilyatAarons.jpg

Here's the old girl herself. She' now contentedly snoring at my feet.

ETA. I don't know about the wimps, people here but Lily doesn't mind being on top. She's very much an Alpha bitch dog.

Edited by lilyshine

Hee, couchie, I posted about that CD last month.

From CH:

Crooner's Christmas CD

Clay is in good company - Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Johnny Mathis, Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby and Perry Como.

In 2003, when I came out at work as a Clay fan, I used to get mocked for liking him, some people used to come up to me and tell me he's gay in that ugly voice that one hears. At first, I'd get upset and try to defend him, but of course that didn't work. So, what's a girl to do? Whenever anyone said anything degrogatory about Clay, I'd look them in the eye, smile and say, "I just love his voice. I just love him. I'm having the time of my life". No matter what they'd say or how many times they said it, I'd just smile and repeat that phrase over and over again. Eventually shut them the fuck up.

After a while, some of those who were the most vocal came up to me and told me that they envied me and the good times I was having, attending concerts, meeting up with internet friends, traveling to different parts of the country to party with other Clay fans. You see, Clay put a smile on my face and a spring in my step that was missing BC and people noticed. Since discovering Clay and the fandom, I actually feel younger than my years and I love that feeling.

This is pretty similar to my situation, and how I have resolved it, too (and I think the phrase you used is word-for-word to mine!) Instead of the derogatory and stereotypical comments I used to get, I now have people at work jellus of me and my fandom and how much fun it all is. Sure, some of the guys I work with like to tease me, but it's really good natured.

{{{atinal}}} {{{laughn}}}

ETA Wheee, can I post a pic of my puppy too? Actually, she is my grand-puppy, but she has moved in. Her name is Jersey and she just had her first birthday!

pug.jpg

This was taken when we were camping. Judging from her expression, she wasn't too happy about something....I think it was the constant rain. :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by luckiest1

hey make it big again heeeeeeeeee

Did Couchie just smut?

I'm working on the multiple quote thingy but in the meantime, what's so bad about being on top? I kinda like it!!

I did not smut!!

I think YSRN and JMH have pretty much brought the shame to the top of the page position. heh. Hmmm. Two People. Working in tangent. Would this be some sort of evil conspiracy? :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Yes it would! Howsomever, YSRN could be forgiven if she wanted to share her apple pies with us, well at least me. JMH, not so sure what she has to offer!

Regardless of the evil conspiracy, I still kind of like being on top!

Karen Eh...you sure managed to slip that one in without a lot of notice.

Edited by Toots

Good Morning Everyone,

52 Days until Clay is Live at Lincoln Center! :whoohoo:

63 Days until Clay Tapes The Ice Skating Special! :whoohoo:

83 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts! :whoohoo:

109 Days until Christmas in Merrillville! :whoohoo:

112 Days until The Ice Skating Special Airs! :whoohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good Morning, FCA!

:welcome: Greetings to jumpingjacks, Mandler, Cotton, ToldForThis, lyndolphin, and anyone I mised!

Thnx for the Crooner's Christmas CD reminder, Maddy. Bet you're still asleep, as that was a wee hour attached to your post. I'd better get my order in pronto! I see the link is in Luckiest1's post above. :whistling-1:

Loved all the discussion and picture sharing from Tuesday. After mentioning that fall lessons were cranking up in the afternoon, I ended up with a blog on that and other topics -- 'The Aiken Fog' Thumps Routine -- at the OFC and Carolina On My Mind.

One of the graphics in the photo interlude is a nekkid version of Cindilu2's September calendar. It has been drooled over several times in the OFC comments, Cindy. :Thud:

th_Cindilu_CameoTang1.jpg

Clickable

Btw, this graphic from yesterday was created by Claystruck. The "lahg" in the bottom right represents her initials and signature.

th_Claystruck7.jpg

Clickable

Thnx for the countdown, Aikim! :)

Y'all have a great day! th_bubblesmileyrev.gif

Caro listen.gif

Edited by Carolina Clay

And I always want to be Angela!

ohmy.jpg

Ooooh! I never saw this pic before!!! Why is Angela touching his hair like that? That looks SO sexy! GAH!!

Couldn't bear to remove the picture tags, sorry!....and how could Angela NOT touch his hair like that?? Sometimes I don't know how either of them keeps their hand offa him onstage!

ETA Wheee, can I post a pic of my puppy too? Actually, she is my grand-puppy, but she has moved in. Her name is Jersey and she just had her first birthday!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/crimsonice/pug.jpg

This was taken when we were camping. Judging from her expression, she wasn't too happy about something....I think it was the constant rain. :cryingwlaughter:

OMG, luckiest, she's adorable!!

Off to work in the rain...we sure need this rain, but it's kind of depressing.

I agree with this, to a point. The problem I have with it is that Clay has answered the questions about his sexuality in the past, yet people seem to feel the need to speculate about it and continually ask him the question again, as though maybe he might have changed his mind.

Because historically most gay celebrities have denied it initially. Very few come right out of the gate saying openly "I'm gay, BTW". Most don't address the issue until some nosey asshat asks, then they deny it. And like Clay says, the only answer poeple want to hear is Yes, so they keep asking again and again. I don't get why they care, but a lot of people obviously do.

What infuriates me is that when people are looking at my CD's not once has anyone ever said, "Oohhh, you like Elton John? George Michael? Fill in the Blank? Don't you know he's gay?" But yet when they see a Clay CD that's the first thing that pops out. Why? WTF difference does it make? Why do they feel the need to laugh at my Clay love, but not at Elton or Michael or any of the others?

Sorry for the rant.

All the purdy hand pictures make me long for the fur again. Did anyone ever spill it about just why he had it removed? He had the sexiest forearms.... :Thud: I hope it grows back in soon. My soon. Arm fur played a minor part in my fantasies.

This is just my speculation of course...but I think the difference with Clay and Elton in these people's mind is that Elton is out and proud and Clay is in the closet. I think that is the reason why comedians think its open season to make fun of Clay but would be very careful about doing it to Elton. There is GLAD that would protect Elton from being ridiculed cos that would be discrimination. But since Clay is not gay....he is just supposed to take it....sigh. The irony is..I think if only Clay can come out and say he is gay then a lot of this speculation whispering and snickering from the comedians and targetting of scums like PH that claims its about getting Clay to come out... will stop. BUT Clay can't ...he is straight...and unfortunately that is a statement some people refuse to hear.It really is a difficult dilemma for Clay to be in IMO. I think his response to this is the best. He just won't answer the question anymore. If he shows it does not matter what people label him...maybe it will cease to be an issue. I really think the fans should just follow his example...ignore and let it be a non issue.

I think another reason people don't ridicule Elton and George Michael and other gay celebrities, is because they stayed in the closet until they had successful careers going for them. I think most gay celebrities stay in the closet until their careers take off, and people come to like them and their given talent. Then they come out. I'm sure there are exceptions. I'm would bet that they are advised to do that by their managers etc.

My stance on Clay is that it just doesn't matter to me. I hate homophobia and I agree with ldyjocelyn that I think it is a good thing to talk about this subject. Whether I think Clay is or isn't gay is nobody's business unless I care to tell them.

I'll admit that some of the things I see spewed from fans toward other fans makes me cringe. I wouldn't treat my dog the way some of these people treat other people.

The is he or isn't he conversation was one I never tried to even enter into because it mattered so little to me and still does. I believe him...that's all I'll say about that.

What I hated most about the crap on the blogs is that they continued to paint of picture of this sadistic, abusive, lying, conniving a**hole...that's what pissed me off but it also made me realize very quickly that they were all in it for the shock value and they have/had a TON of fun screwing with the fans...

No thanks.

I think Clay gave the best advice. IGNORE.........In fact I think Clay fans should stop googling and stop going to the "hater's blogs." Stop engaging the likes of the scum bags such as PH and JP. Why give them the hits? They do love to screw with the fans. Why some fans want to keep obliging them is beyond my comprehension. They make matters worse for Clay by engaging the underbelly. As has been stated many times, nobody talks about this shit in the real world or is even aware of it.

Thanks Ansamcw & jenna for responding to the article YSRN posted. I wouldn't want Clay or any artist to have to share their earnings from tours & merchandise sales. I agree subscriptions to buying music might have a lot of things to iron out, but I can see some good as well. love the idea of taking things away from radio and utilizing TV and the internet more. I found it interesting that I had just canceled my MySpace account 2 days ago. Got rid of it. Ironic Rubin talks about how their focus group of the 20 some year olds say that MySpace is out. So I guess that means young people don't use it for getting new music that much.

atinal I can relate similar experiences. Most everyone I talk to about Clay has some derogatory comment to say. It always contains the he's gay and is not edgy enough for them, discussions. They don't like the way he sings. Not that he doesn't sing well but just don't like the way he does. To them he sounds broadway and enunciates too much. His style just doesn't appeal to them. I have had to just stop discussing him at all with anyone. I think that is why it is so hard for me to leave the message boards. Lord knows I've tried. It is the only place I can find someone to not ridicule me for my appreciation and love of Clay's talent. How sad a commentary is that?

YSRN that pie looks mighty good. Do you subscribe to Martha Stewart magazines? You seem to have her flair for all things home-makerish..... :cryingwlaughter:

Now back to your regular picture postwhoring. I lurves to look at purdy Clay.

Now off to work.............Later

Posted by buckeyebroad at the CB:

<H3 class=post-title>AI REWIND SEASON 2 CONFIRMED - WOOHOO

I wrote an email to WGN Superstation about the show and got this response late last night.

To: sue

Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 11:29 PM

Subject: RE: American Idol Rewind - Season 2

It premieres Sunday, September 30 at 8:00 p.m. ET.

Thanks for writing. George

My Note:

Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2007 7:44 PM

To: Superstation WGN Programming

Subject: American Idol Rewind - Season 2

Thnx for the Crooner's Christmas CD reminder, Maddy. Bet you're still asleep, as that was a wee hour attached to your post. I'd better get my order in pronto! I see the link is in Luckiest1's post above.

Caro, I went to bed very late, then got up very early. Couldn't sleep. And that almost never happens.

Love those blends!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Yummy!

As soon as the Crooner CD arrives I'll let y'all know if they use a good photo of Clay and what they say on the liner notes.

Re the discussion last night, I'm trying to stay calm and cool about things, because that's what Clay said to do in his blog; and during the major attack from the swamp creatures last year I worried myself sick. Literally. I didn't want them to derail his career.

He's strong, has a strong faith, and we'll be here for him, so I believe he'll be fine.

(Doesn't mean I don't still get angry sometimes though.)

ETA: So they will cover AI2 on Idol Rewind. Maybe more footage of Clay. :clap:

Edited by Maddy

Chicks, I am always on my iGallop. Always.

Man, I love that back picture of him with the hair straggling down the collar...I admit, I love long-haired Clay the bestest...can't stand the stubble though which is why I don't particular care for that one "Lord Aiken" photoshop - a true Regency/Edwardian buck would never leave the house with any facial hair!

I do try to keep in mind that there is nothing wrong with people reacting differently than me (it's hard, people!) but the fact that a lot of people don't like Clay - I simply cannot wrap my head around caring. Hell, I don't expect people to care that there are lots and LOTS of artists I can't stand - when I think about them. Now, if they make it clear that they dislike them for what I consider to be a stupid reason (and not 'liking' somebody simply because somebody else, much less a tabloid, says they're gay), I tend to think less of that person. But that's me. If people want to try and fuck with me over stuff I like (and there have been people who have tried to mess with me - I like LOTS of noncool stuff - Star Trek the Original Series, science fiction and fantasy before they because respectable, hell, just reading when I was younger would get me dissed, Barry Manilow, the Bee Gees, disco), I tend to go one of three ways: if I like them, I will mess with them back because frankly everybody likes at least one stupid thing unreasonably; if I don't like 'em, I will sneer at them and either say "fuck off" out loud or in my head; and if I don't know 'em, I don't care, because I don't care the least little bit about them and their thoughts on things that don't affect me. There are too many people in this world who don't know me but wouldn't like me for stupid reasons - if I don't care about them for me, I certainly don't care about them for Clay.

Hell, there are so many things I find interesting that I can't talk to a LOT of people in real life (like I was telling a guy friend about that fact just about all the hamsters in the U.S. are totally inbred from about 6 Syrian hamsters which made me think about ferrets and how they are completely domesticated and I didn't think anymore were in the wild which made me think about cats and how they were more likely to start eating you if you died at home and weren't discovered than dogs are and why I like that about them - and he asked why are we discussing hamsters and ferrets and cats eating people instead of making out? But I do have people I can discuss that kind of stuff on line with. And I think that's a good thing.

Can y'all tell I'm trying to avoid working this morning?

I'll admit that some of the things I see spewed from fans toward other fans makes me cringe. I wouldn't treat my dog the way some of these people treat other people.

The is he or isn't he conversation was one I never tried to even enter into because it mattered so little to me and still does. I believe him...that's all I'll say about that.

What I hated most about the crap on the blogs is that they continued to paint of picture of this sadistic, abusive, lying, conniving a**hole...that's what pissed me off but it also made me realize very quickly that they were all in it for the shock value and they have/had a TON of fun screwing with the fans...

No thanks.

I think Clay gave the best advice. IGNORE.........In fact I think Clay fans should stop googling and stop going to the "hater's blogs." Stop engaging the likes of the scum bags such as PH and JP. Why give them the hits? They do love to screw with the fans. Why some fans want to keep obliging them is beyond my comprehension. They make matters worse for Clay by engaging the underbelly. As has been stated many times, nobody talks about this shit in the real world or is even aware of it.

Not sure if this is directed at me or not but, in case it is, I'm didn't get my information from the blogs, but I do know people who have made it their lives work to read each and every word and "report" it. I decided about 15 months ago to not read any of it but that doesn't make what I read disappear from my mind.

ETA: Ooooh...Star Trek the original is my favorite! It's on one of my local FOX stations on Sunday nights!!!

Edited by jumpingjacks

Clayzorback- I was glad to see you post that what you think about Clay's sexuality is nobodies' business and I certainly agree with you. Kudos! Now if others could just understand that what Clay thinks on these matters is nobodies' business or at the very least believe, respect and appreciate the things that he has been kind enough to share with us.

My primary thought on the matter of the blogs and articles and whatnot is that I've learned to think about my "hits" as currency, especially to sites that are advertiser-supported. It's pretty easy to tell if I want to spend my currency looking at a specific article or not, based on what's posted on the boards. My engaging with the haters in some obscure local paper's comment section isn't going to make a bit of difference to their mid-set. And you can bet the editor, if there even is one, doesn't give a crap beyond attracting hits to satisify the marketing people and advertisers. This is where I really appreciate the board members who do the initial screening on the articles and blog entries they post. I don't google anymore, and I have no need to see every single mention - I just want to see the good stuff.

jumpingjacks, I know you took some major hits monitoring the crap early on for CV, and I appreciate your valour. I can so understand why it would be hard to get that out of your mind.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm sorry you had such a sad experience with your SiL, but my advise, truly for what it's worth, is don't feel so bad. It sounds like there have been many other things over the years you two do see eye to eye on. Embrace those and leave Clay out of it. Lord knows, this policy seems to work for my husband and I.

Amen. atinal, it does make me sad that someone close to you felt the need to let you know all this, in very uncertain terms. But I wouldn't worry about it as far as what you did. You just know, now, that this something to avoid talking about with her. The other thing I would do is be prepared if SHE brings it up again. Have that answer ready to go. shady and luckiest1 seem to have managed to work through it with their "but look at me, I'm having the time of my life, and what difference does it truly make?" answers.

Welcome back to the internet world Karen Eh?!

Snowflake_shoulders.jpg

Now THAT'S a snowflake picture I LOVE! But, it's not about the hair, demmit, it's about those beautiful shoulders! I would love to try to put my arms around those broad shoulders...guh.

ETA. I don't know about the wimps, people here but Lily doesn't mind being on top. She's very much an Alpha bitch dog.

BWAH!!! And everyone has cute animals! I'm a cat person myself, though...

Here's Spot...

DSC01616.jpg

...and here is Quincy....

DSC01617.jpg

I lurve my kitties....

My stance on Clay is that it just doesn't matter to me. I hate homophobia and I agree with ldyjocelyn that I think it is a good thing to talk about this subject. Whether I think Clay is or isn't gay is nobody's business unless I care to tell them.

BINGO!

I kept meaning to thank Clayzor for reminding me about the Rick Rubin article. He's a fascinating man, and I've loved him for his diversity -- rap, country, pop, rock. I think the subscription thing is a good idea in theory, but in practice, I'm not sure if any sort of deal can be hammered out. And I totally agree with Jenna that TV seems to be the way to go more and more -- and I personally believe that Clay knows that too.

They don't like the way he sings. Not that he doesn't sing well but just don't like the way he does. To them he sounds broadway and enunciates too much. His style just doesn't appeal to them. I have had to just stop discussing him at all with anyone. I think that is why it is so hard for me to leave the message boards. Lord knows I've tried. It is the only place I can find someone to not ridicule me for my appreciation and love of Clay's talent. How sad a commentary is that?

You know, I can handle if they say "I don't like the way he sings." That's fine with me -- there are many artists out there that I don't like the way they sing either. But when it's combined with the tabloid crap, that's when I just start to get confused -- what do the two have to do with each other? I don't understand that.

But I do understand your feelings about not leaving the boards for the reason of wanting to talk about Clay. I don't force Clay on my friends or my husband (although he does indulge me from time to time). HOWEVER, a pre-concert Clay party? I'm chattering like a fool -- it's like it's been all bottled up in me, and then the cork pops. That's fun.

jumpingjacks -- I know it's hard to forget things that were told you way back when. That's why a lot of us here have battle scars. It will be OK.

I'm a "Star Trek: Next Generation" person myself. Data rawks! And geekgirls rawk too!

Chicks, I am always on my iGallop. Always.

Any pictures with the stilletos on while IGalloping? Don't you have all the primo clack gatherers?

On the other hand, since you folks are known to hit each other in the head, may they are afraid to interfere with your ride.

Edited by Toots

Contrary to popular belief, the eHP is only mildly violent - the R rating was for other things - I swear! Besides, you only have Solo for proof! BWAH HA HA...ahem. Excuse me.

It's always about the hair! Always!

I think I will do a Regency buck Clay photoshop - long hair, clean shaven, eyefucking, delightfully tight pants...

a lot of people don't like Clay - I simply cannot wrap my head around caring.

Hee Kandre...you are me. I just do.not.care. what people think of what I like. I'm all about the guilty pleasures ya'll. Except I only call them guilty ... cuz guilt isn't something I ever associate with anything I choose to do. Guilt & remorse, are for people who commit crimes not for liking something or being on the wrong side of what's considered cool. I mean...who gives a shit? I live my life, I pay my taxes, I go to work, I mow my yard. Anybody who really knows me, knows me. You know? They don't give me shit because they know I don't take it. Why...just the other day I was offered a pressie of Milli Vanilli no less, which I greedily accepted and downloaded onto my ipod! And it will go on my Rain Playlist which is now complete and I will burn it and actually give it to people I know!

I hate stereotypes. But I think some people need to feel comfortable with theirs which is why (for them) Clay HAS to be gay. They want to be able to label people with as little effort and information as possible. :shrugs: I hardly think it is limited to Clay. Or even the issue of sexuality. I think it is, sadly, part human nature & part how our society has evolved. I don't think it's right but I accept that it is.

I used to love to get into a rip-roaring political discussion. I grew up in a very political family with strong views. But now...I won't even tell people who I voted for. It's none of their business. I just think it's the most pointless thing in the world to try to discuss. I've come to see (and yes before Clay said it) that people can believe exactly what they want to believe. In the face of all reason and factual evidence. For example...I know people (that's plural) who BELIEVE! the Holocaust never happened. College educated people. With jobs. Taxpaying people. Who vote. And have children. How do you respond to that? How do you argue that away?

And you know what...I really try to focus only on what I like. I don't like to even use the word hate. I do use it playfully to describe a few things that rather bug me...like the Yankees and Hamlet and the song Hotel California. But I'm not stooopid enough to think that there aren't legions of people who love those things. I would never try to talk them out of that love (waves to lajeterfan!). So if I ever use the word...it's playhate ya'll. And whatever you do...go on and love and be proud of that love!

--

When I hear stories like atinal's ... I'm sorry ... I don't think they have ANYTHING to do with Clay.

---

Weeeee! Another Trekkie checking in!

---

Can ya tell it's my late day! :eusa_whistle:

---

Yeah...I've now officially edited this post to death. What of it?

Edited by jamar1700