#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

omg. wtf. arykm? (Are You Kidding Me?)

Hi, farouche! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

wibd! (well, I'll be damned!)

Heh...I've seen that pic 'cuz I'm nosy like that and have already rifled through your album and right clicked and saved like the pirate that I am.... :lilredani:

ETA: WIBD again! I'm on top AGAIN! :allgood:

Edited by muskifest

Sad songs? Yes, Bobby G.'s 'Honey' stands out as one of the saddest ever. And I love the Don McClean version of "Crying." Speaking of Don M., has anyone mentioned (I hesitate to say this) "Vincent?" I know--I know--but hear me out. That last line, "The world was never meant for one as beautiful as you" always got to me. I really used to love that song in the 70s. Of course the song is now tainted for me--I still haven't been able to watch the "Vincident" since it originally aired. It's the only AI Clack I skip over.

Sad songs? Yes, Bobby G.'s 'Honey' stands out as one of the saddest ever. And I love the Don McClean version of "Crying." Speaking of Don M., has anyone mentioned (I hesitate to say this) "Vincent?" I know--I know--but hear me out. That last line, "The world was never meant for one as beautiful as you" always got to me. I really used to love that song in the 70s. Of course the song is now tainted for me--I still haven't been able to watch the "Vincident" since it originally aired. It's the only AI Clack I skip over.

Now see, I don' t watch The Vincedent for a completely different reason. Totally shallow. I thought Clay sounded beautiful on the song, but I can't watch it because the Hugo Boss suit fit him horribly and the color was awful for him. It's my least favorite of all the different outfits he's worn in the last four years. Even the Fugly jackets from the IT (?) tour.

So shoot me. **runs in zigzag trail, ducking bullets**

Aww, lookit all the furbabies! I love them. Thanks gran, er lilyshines for starting that!

Waldo is Huge!!!

What? I just wanted to say that.

I do think it says something about me that the saddest sobbiest movie I ever saw was My Dog Skip! LOL!

Cindilu, set me up with that song... I edited my post before to tell you I'd listen to it, but it probably got lost in the shuffle. I wanna test my cold, shriveled up heart. ;) Hee.

Ahhh, TOS... gotcha. borgsmiley.gif

Awww....

I have this album. Heh. Love the whole thing. :RedGuy:

eta.... holysheep.gif

YouSendIt for He's My Son

Don't say I didn't warn ya.

oh what about Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven"? :crying1:

ETA: Word, Bookwhore...I despised that suit with the fury of a thousand suns....yuck and yuck.

I was just coming to mention "Tears in Heaven"! Although the words are sad enough, it's actually the music that usually gets to me.

Ditto to the ugly Vincent suit. Bleh. The worst part was he wore it so many times! "Vincent" night, Top 2 "fan night," and Regis & Kelly.

laughn - I just love your dog. He's so cute!

I actually have sad songs playlists on iTunes -- three of them. I love sad songs. Here's one of them:

Snow Patrol – Run

REM – Everybody Hurts

Crash Test Dummies – Superman’s Song

Neil Young – Helpless

Dion – Abraham, Martin & John

The Doors – The End

Elton John – Empty Garden

Gordon Lightfoot – If You Could Read My Mind

Gil Scott-Heron – Winter in America

The Guess Who – These Eyes

Gino Vanelli – Living Inside Myself

Jackson Browne – Late for the Sky

Joan Baez – Diamonds and Rust

Lyle Lovett – Ballad of the Snow Leopard and the Tanqueray Cowboy

Simon & Garfunkel – The Only Living Boy in New York

Supertramp – If Everyone Was Listening

Tom Petty – Damaged By Love

Irma Thomas - I've Been Loving You Too Long / Please, Please, Please

Van Morrison – Just Like Greta

The Wallflowers – 6th Avenue Heartache

Coldplay – Fix You

Jennifer Warnes – Famous Blue Raincoat

Lucinda Williams – Lonely Girls

Roy Orbison and k.d. lang – Crying

The Platters – Smoke Gets In Your Eyes

The Who – Behind Blue Eyes

Richie Havens - Follow

Edited by keepingfaith

When was Tampa? That's when I lost it! So it's been a couple of weeks...

I really am not playing with Photoshop enough - once I find a full length picture on one Beau Brummel - I will be cooking with gas!

ClayBeaubrummell_clevelcopy.jpg

Heh...My sad songs playlists are growing by leaps and bounds!

Ah Muski, "Tears in Heaven". One of my favorite songs of all time....that and Lover All Alone, hee.

Started to come in earlier and post that anyone who wouldn't swear on a Bible that LAA was their favorite song of ALL TIME should be kicked out of the fandom - but of course, I was only kidding. Then I worried that no one else would think I was funny. :(

Of course now I've said it anyway. :) We have a saying in our family - "Am I funny because I'm funny or am I funny because I think I'm funny?" I think half the time Clay's funny, it's because he thinks he's funny, because he DOES think he's funny....And that makes him somehow very, very funny....and very, very sexy too.

Hi Farouche!

I've read some very wise and thoughtful posts in here over the last two or three days and have come to appreciate this board all the more. I'm so impressed with the pervailing tone of inclusiveness, reason, and positiveness/kindness that I find here and appreciate the desire to stay away from old fanwars/negativity while not censuring conversation.

You go girls!

I love sad songs. I have a whole writing playlist for iTunes that's all the dreariest, most depressing music you can imagine. I love it.

Okay. Two posts in one day. I better go do something else before I get some sort of reputation.

I'll leave you with another hand photo -- this one is from Frisco Cary. (Thanks, Bottlecap.)

192167552-L.jpg

Edited by farouche

YouSendIt for He's My Son

Don't say I didn't warn ya.

Oh good Lord! That's going to haunt me forever.

Dang, cindilu...that's ES and FD!

You're welcome. :imgtongue:

Here are two of the others on my list. Not *quite* as morose, but they both get me every time.

He Would Be 16

Sand & Water

cindilu..that song is just beautiful. Where did it come from and who is Mark Shultz. Stunning music and stunning voice. Thank you for the FD recommendation, that's the #1.

Yeah totally you're pretty funny. But in case you weren't kidding, don't even try to get me out of here because I'm most likely bigger than you and I'm a serious postho.

Edited by Toots

*Peeks in. Leaves photograph as a present.* (It's not a great one but it's never been posted anywhere else. It's a FCA exclusive.)

192133482-L.jpg

Farouche! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Welcome! And thanks for those pictures.....

So, I read PH will be on Jimmy Kimmel. Already the "Is Jimmy a true friend" controversy has begun. I guess some think the very presense of PH on Kimmel means he isn't really friends with Clay. It seems many are expecting PH to bring up Clay and are poised to see Kimmel make fun of Clay right along with him. Others are trying to have faith that Kimmel won't allow PH to diss Clay on his show - and if he does, Clay will get even.

Is Kimmel not suppose to book anyone who doesn't like Clay or who has said harsh things about him in the past?

And why do so many think Clay's name is on the tip of PH's forked tongue to begin with? Personally, I think he has bigger fish to fry.

Lastly, do some people in this fandom look for things to angst over????

And if so, why? Why, when they can look at purdy pictures, and watch clack, do they waste their time finding things to angst about? Real life has enough things to angst about. Why look for reasons?

100_3510eftag2.jpg

And is anyone else getting depressed with all these sad songs???

cindilu..that song is just beautiful. Where did it come from and who is Mark Shultz. Stunning music and stunning voice. Thank you for the FD recommendation, that's the #1.

I don't know much about him, really. I just heard the song on the radio late, late one night and it touched me. *thanks the deities for the days of Napster* I do believe Mark Shultz is a CCM artist.

Pig Hilton must have some kind of deal with ABC? First GMA, now Kimmel. Mehh. As long as Jimmy doesn't diss Clay with him, it's all good. Sure, I'd prefer if the scumbag just shrivelled up and blew away like the worthless piece of shit he is - but the world will keep on turning. Heh. Maybe Jimmy will give it to him like he gave it to that Gawker chick on LKL. I'd have to fly out to LA and kiss his feet then.

Sad songs for me:

Seventeen ("those of us with ravaged faces, lacking in the social graces, desperately remained at home, inventing lovers on the phone")

Only the Lonely

All By Myself (the scene in Bridget Jones' Diary was funny, but a little poignant too)

Ode to Billy Joe (remember the Kristi McNichol/Robbie Benson movie?)

Don't Take the Girl (country song in which the singer begs God not to take his wife, who is dying in childbirth)

How sad is it that of the 50 or 60 songs mentioned in the last few pages, I recgonize only a handful and know the words to maybe three.

I warned you I know nothings about pop music - but yeah, maybe that's not a bad thing!

heee you are me.

Totally. I know exactly what you're saying. Clay knows his butt is funny and sometimes he's almost laughing before he can get it out. Reminds me of th Carol Burnett show and how they used to crack each other up.

Farouche.... ahhh a name I know but a person I don't know. But she comes bearing gifts!! Looking forward to getting to know you.

CG - oooh this should be interesting. Will I have to move JK from my he's ok list to boycott list? :cryingwlaughter: I wish people would stop wasting energy on PH. Just don't watch.But thanks for the TV guide report -- not that I watch JK anyway when Clay's not on there now I will be sure to be sleep at midnight....dreaming about the earl of aikenberry. As for depressing..nope, not depressed -- I'm about to go to the soap thread and name a few of my all time tear jerker moments. I suddenly feel in the mood to go down memory lane. heee

100_3510eftag2.jpg

JUST AWESOME!