#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

I come to this board because there is not page after page of angst. eta - let me rephase this - since no one seemsto wallow in angst Kimmel treated Perez like dirt. Yes, he called him a horrid little man more than once and called him on his most outrageous stupid crap - Yes, Perez Claimsthat Fidel Castro is dead, no one has seen him lately, have they? He would not name his source though - probably because he made it up. Waste of space on that couch.

Ireally hate the good person/ bad person stuff already and the angsting over everything. I was afraid I would have to hide after tonight and watch my typing fingers, but all is well in Clayland again.

Edited by playbiller

I watched everything but that segment tonight--changed channels to watch CNN. RIP Luciano Pavarotti.

I think Piggie was on for like 2 or 3 minutes just before the band because when I changed the channel back they were back in commercials again. LOL. I think Jimmy made sure there was barely any time. MUAH Jimmy baby.

OK - SPOILER for KIMMEL SHOW!

He mentioned Clay in the first minute or so. He said "I'm the gay John Madden" and Kimmel said, "is that true the rumor that you are gay? and he replied "ask Clay Aiken"

Then he said, "I'm sitting on the chair where the gaiken sat!" [crush much?] Jimmy tried to interject "now...now - don't say that" [i think] and the YKW said "I know he's a favorite guest of yours" and Jimjmy said "He is a favorite guest" and YKW said "I love those segments" and Jimmy says "now you gave that nickname and I'm sure Clay doesn't appreciate that nickname..." and then goes on to ask about others nicknames he has given...

end spoiler

Plllllllllltttttttttttt!!!! the little weasel - I hatessssssssss him.

The segment was about 6 mins long

Edited by cha cha trusty

Unobtrusively slips in a post beneath the Kimmel reports...

*Peeks in. Leaves photograph as a present.* (It's not a great one but it's never been posted anywhere else. It's a FCA exclusive.)

192133482-L.jpg

Wheeee, farouche is here! Come sit a spell and talk to us about knitting!!! Sighing over his big beautiful hands in the Houston pic.

KAndre, Against All Odds is one of my faves, though I don't think of it as one of the "saddest" ones. I keep remembering that we also got Careless Whisper from the same movie so I wind up imagining what it would have been like if he had actually called Couchie or meeee during the JBT instead of (harumph!) people who wasted half the Stump the Band opportunities. (ooops, sorry! signs "peace" to those who were actually called but I'm still jealous of you)

Most of the really, really sad songs for me are instrumentals --

"Gabriel's Oboe" from The Mission

"Return to the Present" from Somewhere in Time

"Farewell" from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

ETA: YSRN, does that mean I get to use the whip?

Edited by Scarlett

Farouche... my forced partner in crime. Wee.

And Manderly, too! Yay.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA: Word, Bookwhore...I despised that suit with the fury of a thousand suns....yuck and yuck.

I loved that suit! *sniff* Hee. No, I did. Really. Isn't that the same one as

DLTSGDOMClone.jpg

So frickin' cute!

Dang, cindilu...that's ES and FD!

Ok, yeah, that's pretty FD. I like it! I didn't cry tho. Thanks for the song, cindilu! It's really beautiful.

You know, in retrospect....I really don't cry at particular songs. I know I mentioned "Nothing Compares to You" and "I Can't Make You Love Me" (B. Raitt version) earlier....but those songs were sad for me at a particular time in my life (both connected to the same guy, BTW). But today? I can listen to these two songs and appreciate them for what they are -- good songs, IMO. These other songs ya'll are mentioning? I know them, I like them, but I don't cry during them. Maybe I'm more of a heartless bitch (tm YSRN) than I care to admit.

But then....and someone mentioned this earlier....I watch "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" every damn week, and every damn week I go through a box of Kleenex. That show gets me every.single.time.

I think I must also need visuals to be touched. And I've always said....I'm not a lyric person. I can go for YEARS liking a song, but having no clue what it is about, or even what is being sung. *g*

:lol: re: the heartless bitch part. I totally understand about the visuals part. You put those songs to a storyline in a movie and I'll be a blubbering mess right there with everyone else. But... I don't typically seek that shit out. And I can go forever, INCLUDING singing along for years, without knowing what it's about! :lol: I'm a freak of nature, no? Hee.

Farouche Welcome!

I'm in a totally state of depression just thinking about all these songs!!

How about God Bless the USA--always makes me cry.

Hell, everything makes me cry.

:cryingwlaughter: Hee, wandacleo. I'm really a mushball myself, but sad songs don't really do it for me. Sit me in an airport to watch people come off the plane and meet their friends tho and I'm a sobbing idiot. :lol:

As for that picture...know how much I like that picture and how very much it affects me? I immediately right clicked and saved it from CG's post...read along and then had RCAS it again when the next person posted it before it registered with me that I'd already captured it...
Bwah! I do taht all.the.time, and I even KNOW I already saved it... but it seems like I need to do it more than once cuz it's that important! Freak of nature II!

Wee, Scarlett's on top... and it feels gooooood!

RIP Luciano Pavarotti. :(

I hesitate to declare love for Kimmel - it is putting a lot on his shoulders and I am tired of loving and hating people by how they treat Clay.

Ack Ack - why is my arrow keys not working now!! get very frustrated lately by my key board.

Anyways - why spoiler Kimmel - does nayone want to wait and be surprised?

ETA - with all the clack I have saved over the years, pictures is not it - there always seem to be more pictures. I save them for projects (i.e. magnets), but then go long periods without saving any. I appreciate and enjoy them, but I fear there is no way I could organize them to find the ones I want again.

Edited by playbiller

I hesitate to declare love for Kimmel - it is putting a lot on his shoulders and I am tired of loving and hating people by how they treat Clay.

And the way people judge musicians' skills by how much they laugh at his jokes.

Spoilered, unspoilered - it doesn't really matter. People can read it or not. I think it was just a month or two ago that I actually saw PH for the first time. He suddenly popped in to comment on a "special" I was watching on Tony Parker and Eva Longoria's wedding. I laughed. He's an ugly mofo. Let's see how long this ugly little man, inside and out, actually lasts in a visual medium

As for Kimmel -- I love his screen partnership with Clay. I don't care if they are friends or it's a working thing that works. I know Clay said they were friends so I'll go with that. But I'm not invested in any great friendship and I don't watchi his show when Clay's not on. So if one day he ever turns on Clay I won't have to change anything :cryingwlaughter:

Thanks so much for the pictures ya'll. They are gorgous. I kinda love getting a little gorgeous suprise on every page. I've always thought the fan photos were better because they are capturing Clay doing what he does best, performing. I really really appreciate those that capture the moments.

I also wanted to say to those that do angst over various things - it's ok to say it outloud here. I have complete faith that people will respond in a way to give you some comfort. Hell, I alsmost lost my mind when that damn teacher of the year fucking scandal hit and my friends talked me down off the ledge many times. It taught me how to deal. I just think we don't do wallow here. But if you can't go to your community to discuss what's on your mind, what's the point.

I've really gone backwords with my cussing problem. Strikeut is GREAT.

ETA: I share the doubts about Jay Leno's 'sincerity'. I've also felt a patronizing air from him re: Clay...not sure exactly why, but....

Muski, I agree... I always felt he was talking down to Clay... and since he makes fun of him after being all buddy buddy with him on the show, I think of him as two-faced.

Don't like Leno (no, really LOL) BUT, I will watch everytime Clay is on, cause I like to watch Clay being funnier than Leno on his own show!!!

Farouche... thanks for the pics... WOW!!! :Thud: I RCAS so fast, I'm dizzy(er).

JK is a good guy!

I think we should all send PH cookies so he will eat and eat and blow himself up... no, I'm not rageful at all!

Don't like Leno (no, really LOL) BUT, I will watch everytime Clay is on, cause I like to watch Clay being funnier than Leno on his own show!!!

Yeah. That. In fact, I agree with someone else somewhere who posted that she believes so much of the nastiness from talk show hosts is borne from .....

fear.

I mean, Clay Aiken has it all---looks, talent (REAL talent, I mean), personality, intelligence, quick wit and an uncanny ability to think on his big ole feet and a real understanding of human nature--a sincere interest in the human condition---that makes him a natural interviewer because he's truly interested in other people.

Hello.

How many current talk show host 'stars' have all those things? Clay IS a threat of sorts and an total mystery to those poor souls who just.don't.get.it. and wonder "What the HELL do all those women SEE in him?"

Thing is: the 'stars' with all their money and their tv (or radio) power really are (IMO) on the slide downhill...it won't be too long before The Clay Effect will become the standard for successful entertainers...

and ain't nobody gonna be able to deliver 'cept the MAN himself.

heh.

yeah, I got a leeeetle carried away, but it's late and I've shared a bottle of cabernet with hubby :lilredani:

Just for the record - the reason I spoilered it is for the people who don't give a shit and don't want to read it. That's all......... :DoClay:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thread title?

'Our guy is so sinfully photogenic, it's unfair. Whether laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy...'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Earlier there was a discussion about Hamlet and I wanted to post these lyrics for a song I love called the Three-Minute Hamlet. It's done by a guy who calls himself an Irish Troubadour named Seamus Kennedy. he lives in the DC area and we first heard him sing this over 20 years ago! You can go HERE and listen to it if you are so inclined.

here are the lyrics to the

THE THREE MINUTE HAMLET

There was a king nodding in his garden all alone

when his brother in his ear poured a little bit of hem----

then he stole his brother's crown and his money and his widow

but the dead came walking back and said now listen kiddo

I've been killed and it's your duty to take revenge on Claudius

kill him quick and clean and tell the nation what a fraud he is

the kid said right I'll do it but I'll have to play it crafty

so no one will suspect me I'll let on that I'm I'm a dafty

So for all except Horatio and he counts him as a friend

Hamlet that's the kid lets on he's round the bend

and because he's not yet willing for obligatory killing

he tries to make his uncle think he's tuft and off the shilling

Takes a rise out of Polonius treats poor Ophelia vile

tells Rosencrantz and Guildenstern that Denmark's bloody vile

Then a troup of traveling actors that's 784

arrived at to do a special one night gig at Elsinore

(chorus)

Hamlet Hamlet acting balmy

Hamlet Hamlet loves his mommy

Hamlet Hamlet hesitating

he wonders if the ghost a fake and that is why he's waiting

So Hamlet writes a scene for the players to enact

So Horatio and he could watch and see if Claudius cracked

the play was called 'The Mousetrap' not the one thats running now

and sure enough the king walked out before the scene was through

Now Hamlet's got to prove his uncle gave his dad the dose

the only trouble being now that Claudius knows he knows

So while Hamlet tells his mommy her new husband's not a fit man

Uncle Claud takes out a contract with the English king as hit man

And when Hamlet killed Polonius and hid corpus delecti (?)

it was the king's excuse to send him for an English hemp and necktie

with Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to make quite sure he got there

Hamlet jumped the boat and put the finger straight on that pair

When Laertes heard his dad's killed in the bedroom of the heiress

he comes running back to Elsinore tout suite hot foot from Paris

and Ophelia with her dad killed by the man she was was to marry

after saying it with with flowers she committed harry carry

Hamlet Hamlet no messin

Hamlet Hamlet learned his lesson

Hamlet Hamlet your extrust

convinced that all men good or bad at last must come to dust

Then Laertes lost his cool as was demanding retribution

The king said keep your head and I'll supply you with solutions

So he arranged a sword fight for the interested parties

with a blunted sword for Hamlet and a sharp one for Laertes

And to make double sure the old belt and brace was lying

he arranged a poison sword tip and a poison cup of wine

the poison sword got Hamlet but Laertes went and fluffed it

cause he got stabbed himself and he confessed before he snuffed it

Then Hamlet's mommy drank the wine and as her face turned blue

Hamlet said I think this king is a baddie through and through

while Incestuous murderers damn the Dane he said to be precise

and made up for hesitating once by killing Claudius twice

Cause he stabbed him with his knife and forced the wine between his lips

then he said the rest to silence and he cashed in all his chips

and they fired a volley over him that shook the topmost rafter

and Fortinbras knee deep in Danes lived happy ever after

(chorus)

Hamlet Hamlet end of story

Hamlet Hamlet very gorey

Hamlet Hamlet I'm on my way

and if you think that was confusing you should read the bloody play!

hahaha.gif

Edited by cha cha trusty

Muski, take your tipsy self to bed. heee Not a bit of smut in that entire post.

I still think it's like this we're too cool for school type thing with these people. Unfortunately I think many of them are here to stay for awhile. I'm praying that Conan's humor doesn't work at 11:30 but don't even have much hope in that. How's his show doing anyway, compared to say 3 years ago, 2 years ago.

Thanks Cha Cha for your consideration. I also nominated that as thread title..I guess I should follow my own advice and move it to the appropriate thread I loved that. :cryingwlaughter: Now that's how I like my Shakespeare!

I agree with someone upthread that mentioned they thought Leno treated Clay like an adolescent. At the very least Clay's not really on Leno's radar.

I love Jimmy Kimmel. I think he's the funniest one of the late nights. I think he made some mistakes in the beginning and learned from them. Clay said they have a friendship and loyalty between them. I believe that. PH is a maggot that certainly has no right to judge anyone. He even tries to act like he knows something about music. What a joke. Jimmy let the maggot know right away that he didn't think Clay would like being called names on his show. JK is a standup guy. I think JK knows Clay and knows what he's about. Somehow that brings me some comfort.

Clay Aiken is a beautiful man.

...this is beautiful too...

RIP Luciano

eta...just saw this performed about a week ago by a fairly good tenor from New York. I remember comparing him in my head as I listened to Pavarotti, then kicked myself to stop it. There was only one Pavarotti I told myself.

Edited by laughn

I don't give a shit about PH being on JK and I wouldn't waste my time turning the TV on to watch it. However I am glad to read JK was a good guy. I don't watch his show when Clay's not on but then I don't watch many shows when Clay is not on. :eusa_whistle:

I cried like a baby during Invisible at the final Dort N'Arena NAT show. I just hatessssss that feeling of not knowing when we'll see him again. That's why I am so happy this year, we have so much already scheduled. I only let one or two little tears fall at my final DCAT show in Knoxville during BYLM. However, I have tickets to the final Christmas show in Merrillville, and I figure I'll probably be a sobbing mess that night, again.

I knew, as soon as I wrote it, that someone would corner me about my Leno comment, and I guess I worded it a bit wrong. I will totally agree that Leno talks differently to Clay than Kimmel does -- as I said, I think he thinks of Clay as a bit of a hick. But then, I still think some FANS believe that of Clay too -- sorry, I digress. Anyway, I think Clay holds his own on Leno's show. I just rewatched the very last Leno apperance, and I personally LOVED the byplay between Clay, Jay, and Howie. The sly looks between Howie and Clay crack me up, and I think if Jay hadn't mentioned Clay being sick, some of that may not have happened.

I really don't mean to be "defending" Leno -- if you don't like him, that's fine. I just think, I guess, that he gets a bit of a bum rap because it seems many compare Leno now to Kimmel, and they are just two totally different guys. I'm with couchie that if Kimmel "turns" on Clay at some point, I'll be OK, not devestated. As far as Leno being "two faced" -- I don't know why, but I've seen him do that with many other celebrities, not just Clay. Finally, Jay is much bigger "business" than Kimmel, although I'm heartened by Kimmel's upsurge lately. But, if you need to push something for sales, Jay really is the place to go on late night TV, and I think Clay realizes that and is willing to "take the lumps."

Again, JMO, all that stuff.

Besides, Leno gave us this....

thetonightshow17highres.jpg

As for the other topic du jour at the moment -- was there someone on Kimmel last night I should CARE about?

Good morning...so many great posts!!!

I really do appreciate the spoilering cha cha. I wish I can say that the fandom is immune to angst from PH...but they are not so the spoilering gave people the option of checking it out. Thanks for the report too. I'm alright with Kimmel. I think I like him enough as a person and performer that he does not have to be always perfectly PC (pro Clay) to me. I also understand that unfortunately...PH is kinda IN right now...so some shows and hosts may not have the option to refuse to have him.

OMG...I really don't pay enough attention to the lyrics of a song to know if they are ES or FD. The fact that I don;t know a lot of these songs tells me I am not a sad song enthusiast. I think because I don;t always pay attention to the lyrics I rarely cry when i listen to songs except for some of Clay;s rendition of ICMYLM and the first few times I listened to LAA. Talk about real bawling...I did it then. I just LOVE that song.

oh no...Luciano is dead??? ahhh that is sad. I remember when I saw the Paul Potts video on you tube I was impressed but did not go wow...I thought he ain't Pavarotti...but hey who is, and the fact that I even thought to compare the two is pretty impressive for Mr. Potts.

Oh yeah I meant to comment on Clay on Leno...I personally love all his Leno appearance. I love it when he is silly, I love the edginess due to nerves he has when he is on Leno cos I do believe he appreciates the significance on being on the Tonight Show. I don;t really think Leno treats him any differently, I think he simply responds to Clay's cues. ... we have to remember that Clay has some control on what they talk about. I do believe they let the producers know some stories that they may want to lead to and Leno may use that as a guide in the conversation. When he asked him about his trip or being sick thats because TC gave the show that info before hand. My point here is...Clay behaves differently with Leno than Kimmel cos they have a different relationship and there is a different target demographic. I don't think we can put Leno in the Clay Friends category...but I think the are friendly to each other. I will also appreciate the fact that he didn;t go to the sensitive topics when Clay saw him before he actually had his say on GMA. I know I was a bit apprehensive about that...but he stayed on topic...no ambush questions.

Besides, Leno gave us this....

thetonightshow17highres.jpg

Now that's a nice picture.

Ah, yes, Janis Ian's Stars album - classic FD. Seventeen, sure. FD. But there's also Jesse and that other one about her brother, or somebody's brother, or some guy or whatever and a flag on his box or something. Very sad song. FD. I'll find the title.

ETA: The song is Dance with Me. I can still know most of the words I sang it so many times while wearing that vinyl down.

Edited by duckyvee

Good Morning Everyone,

50 Days until Clay is Live at Lincoln Center! :whoohoo:

61 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Special! :whoohoo:

81 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts! :whoohoo:

107 Days until Christmas in Merrillville! :whoohoo:

110 Days until The Skating Special Starts! :whoohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

looks up

That is a nice picture.

I agree with Ansa on the Leno thing - wasn't interested enough to watch the fuckpig waste of disease humping fat on Kimmel - and have almost finished downloading every piece of clack thats's been put up from this last tour - now I start sorting out the "keepers" and then I start backing that stuff up - this should keep me occupied until Xmas!

So I'm reading a story about Pavarotti's passing, and I can't help but comment on a few passages that leapt off the page at me. I'm not one to compare Clay to every other artist in the world, but I really felt like I could be reading about Clay here...

Fox News (blech) story

In the annals of that rare and coddled breed, the operatic tenor, it may well be said the 20th century began with Enrico Caruso and ended with Pavarotti. Other tenors — Domingo included — may have drawn more praise from critics for their artistic range and insights, but none could equal the combination of natural talent and personal charm that so endeared Pavarotti to audiences.

This is how I feel about Clay. Sure, there may be better 'technical' singers. But he has that same 'it' that they speak of hear.

"I also loved his wonderful sense of humor and on several occasions of our concerts with Jose Carreras — the so-called Three Tenors concerts — we had trouble remembering that we were giving a concert before a paying audience, because we had so much fun between ourselves," he said.

Spoken by Placido Domingo.

In his teens, Pavarotti joined his father, also a tenor, in the church choir and local opera chorus. He was influenced by the American movie actor-singer Mario Lanza.

"In my teens I used to go to Mario Lanza movies and then come home and imitate him in the mirror," Pavarotti said.

Singing was still nothing more than a passion while Pavarotti trained to become a teacher and began working in a school.

But at 20, he traveled with his chorus to an international music competition in Wales. The Modena group won first place, and Pavarotti began to dedicate himself to singing.

Hmm. Studying to be a teacher, music a passion but not a career, future influenced by a music competition.

I mean no disrespect to Pavarotti with this post - he was and is a legend in his craft. I just thought the comparisons were too cool not to mention.

Hee, talking about downloading clack.....I am one of those who has to download every last bit of it. I can't believe the rate it is still flowing into the vaults! I queued up about 100 files again last night, and that was only 2 days worth. I don't know when I am going to get a chance to watch it, but I love to know that I have it safely stored away on externals for a rainy day.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to all the clackgatherers!