#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Sad songs for me:

Seventeen ("those of us with ravaged faces, lacking in the social graces, desperately remained at home, inventing lovers on the phone")

Only the Lonely

All By Myself (the scene in Bridget Jones' Diary was funny, but a little poignant too)

Ode to Billy Joe (remember the Kristi McNichol/Robbie Benson movie?)

Don't Take the Girl (country song in which the singer begs God not to take his wife, who is dying in childbirth)

...and this is why I don't listen to country...:P

Nothing more to say...He is too beautiful, and I need some sleep...

*waves to farouche*

I'll leave you with another hand photo -- this one is from Frisco.

192150814-L.jpg

Eeeks, I hate to question the photographer, but given the shirt and the ring in this picture, is it not perhaps from Cary?

You are right. I need to retag it. I did that really late at night. it's a typo. I'll go retag it and fix the link. Thanks for noticing that!

I was reading the sad song suggestions. Too tired to go back and try to quote.

I love Til I Can Make It On My Own but the original by Tammy Wynette. I love Martina but there will never be another Tammy.

He Stopped Loving Her Today (don't really like George Jones) loved it by Tom Jones. Heard it in concert one time and went out and found the recorded version (had to import it I think).

Loved Angelique by Gary Puckett (Gary Puckett Album) I think it was his only solo when he was younger and just became available on CD (yes I bought it twice on vinyl cause the first one was stolen) and now just ordered it on cd.

Loved Of Sand and Shovels by Bobby Vinton, had to search all over to replace my vinyl with one that had this song on it.

At 17 by Janis Ian. I liked it, I was that girl. I saw it performed night before last on Canadian Idol by a girl name Carly Rae Jepson (wasn't my choice for winner) but of any idol performance (sorry Clay) it's the only actual performance that has made me cry. Maybe because I related BUT it was really well done. Hope it hits youtube.

Now the discussion has probably moved on and this isn't relevant anymore, but since I've type this whole thing up anyway, I will post it.

Sad songs...hmmm...first songs that come to mind are country songs. "Hat Full Of Rain" by Ty Herndon and "It Turns Me Inside Out" by Lee Greenwood still get to me after all those years. :lilredani:

And don't forget I'll Leave this world lovin' you by Ricky Van Shelton. :cry4:

So, I read PH will be on Jimmy Kimmel. Already the "Is Jimmy a true friend" controversy has begun. I guess some think the very presense of PH on Kimmel means he isn't really friends with Clay. It seems many are expecting PH to bring up Clay and are poised to see Kimmel make fun of Clay right along with him. Others are trying to have faith that Kimmel won't allow PH to diss Clay on his show - and if he does, Clay will get even.

I hope people realize that Kimmel (and any other talkshow host) will have anyone on his show that might draw a good percentage of the viewers. If the viewers want to see PH, then he'll be there. It's a business, that's all. I wonder how much input talkshow hosts have on picking their guests?

Is Kimmel not suppose to book anyone who doesn't like Clay or who has said harsh things about him in the past?

No.

Lastly, do some people in this fandom look for things to angst over????

Yes.

And if so, why?

Because some people can't truly be happy unless they're miserable, and they have to share their miserable joy with everyone else.

100_3510eftag2.jpg

And I'm leaving this just because I like it. :)

And is anyone else getting depressed with all these sad songs???

Yes. Still bawling of He's My Son. I'll never forgive cindylu2 for sharing that. :(

You know, in retrospect....I really don't cry at particular songs. I know I mentioned "Nothing Compares to You" and "I Can't Make You Love Me" (B. Raitt version) earlier....but those songs were sad for me at a particular time in my life (both connected to the same guy, BTW). But today? I can listen to these two songs and appreciate them for what they are -- good songs, IMO. These other songs ya'll are mentioning? I know them, I like them, but I don't cry during them. Maybe I'm more of a heartless bitch (tm YSRN) than I care to admit.

But then....and someone mentioned this earlier....I watch "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" every damn week, and every damn week I go through a box of Kleenex. That show gets me every.single.time.

I think I must also need visuals to be touched. And I've always said....I'm not a lyric person. I can go for YEARS liking a song, but having no clue what it is about, or even what is being sung. *g*

farouche, I like the way you entered here. Thank you for the beautiful hand pictures....

I saw that about PH being on JK tonight. Went "shrug." Decided I had better things to do than to watch the show, and also to worry about what was going to be said or done. Shrug again.

I won't be watching Kimmel tonight--can't stand to look at PH. I think JK's producer will have made it clear to PH in the pre-interview who will and who will not be covered in the interview. So I doubt there will be a Clay-mention.

I won't be watching either, because I'm afraid that if a lot of people watch, the producers will get the impression that people want to see a scum-sucking-slug-bag like that on their televisions. And I sure as hell don't!

I fixed my original link, but the photo still shows up "wrong" when quoted. I'll put a smaller version of it here as a reminder to anyone who saved it that I'm an idiot.

192167552-M.jpg

Here's another photo -- this one from Houston (I swear). It's kind of odd, but I like his hands in this one, too.

192169869-L.jpg

Ohmygod farouche - what a view! :Thud: Welcome and thank you!

PSA:

In case you didn't know - clayaikenpix.com has reopened. You have to register and be approved, but it seems to be happening pretty quickly. Big.Clay! is back!

http://clayaikenpix.com/

(click on 'gallery' to take you to the gallery, then click on register)

Ah, Seventeen and Janis Ian...my first album purchase evah! God, what a downer that is...(both the song and the fact that it was my first purchase, heh)

goldarngirl...bwah! to Tammy Wynette! When I was a kid I remember sitting in a dive with my mom and a friend. They'd be having a beer, I guess, and I'd be there 'cuz my mom was a single mom, I guess. Anyhoo...the booths had those old timey things for choosing songs for the juke box--like you see in diners? And this family friend was a real Tammy Wynette fan, so she gave me a quarter and told me to punch in the letter and number for "My D-I-V-O-R-C-E" in the bigass jukebox. I did...and to her surprise, when the song started, I began singing along with Tammy! In a very loud voice.

Seems my mom liked that song, too, and I'd learned the words. They clapped and then laughed big time when I got to the part, "...becomes final...to-dai---ey" with the voice break in it...

Still cracks my mom up if I sing that... :cryingwlaughter:

As for that picture...know how much I like that picture and how very much it affects me? I immediately right clicked and saved it from CG's post...read along and then had RCAS it again when the next person posted it before it registered with me that I'd already captured it...

Damn. That's an amazingingly beautiful, powerful face. Lord.

farouche, I love your pictures. I've been seeing them several places over the last few days.

Hi, everyone! I'm a member of several Clay boards, but post mostly at CH. I've been registered for quite a while now, but this is my first post. I spent a lot of time looking around the board today, and it's a great site. Thanks, Couchie! I've seen lots of familiar names, and a few friends, so although I may not be the most wordy member around, I'll try not to be a stranger.

PSA:

In case you didn't know - clayaikenpix.com has reopened. You have to register and be approved, but it seems to be happening pretty quickly. Big.Clay! is back!

http://clayaikenpix.com/

(click on 'gallery' to take you to the gallery, then click on register)

If you have any problems registering or getting approved, let me know. I am trying to approve those I know as fast as I can.

Went "shrug."

Me too.

Hee ... I see whilst I was at work this evening the topic turned to sad songs...and speaking of my work you may want to check out this book from your local library... :RedGuy:

I HATE MYSELF AND WANT TO DIE: THE 52 MOST DEPRESSING SONGS YOU'VE EVER HEARD

by Tom Reynolds

th_51VZXX3YV6L._SS500_.jpg

Many of the aforementioned choices are there. And more. It's a hoot.

Edited by jamar1700

You know, in retrospect....I really don't cry at particular songs. I know I mentioned "Nothing Compares to You" and "I Can't Make You Love Me" (B. Raitt version) earlier....but those songs were sad for me at a particular time in my life (both connected to the same guy, BTW). But today? I can listen to these two songs and appreciate them for what they are -- good songs, IMO. These other songs ya'll are mentioning? I know them, I like them, but I don't cry during them.

Are we supposed to be crying over these songs? Because sad songs don't make me cry. Never. I cry over great songs with thrilling climaxes like Old Man River, You'll Never Walk Alone, and Nessun Dorma . And then what Clay does.

One of the reasons I have such high aspirations for Clay is because he does something that only he can do, and it makes a lot of people happy. Whatever the name of it is, it’s something he shares with historical humorists such as Mark Twain, who did it telling his stories, and Will Rogers, who did it spinning a rope. Now, here’s Clay doing it with (fill in the blank, Muski, and something besides “Muski” okay?), he’s doing it singing his songs. He's already beloved by multitudes. I’ve never seen Clay as reaching his potential on the strength of any ad campaigns. Clay will get where he’s going on the strength of his connections with people, more and more and more people. That voice of his is the first point of contact, and then there are so many others that follow after. As many as we want, if we're including fantasy here.

From the Rick Rubin article in the NYTimes: Rubin, wearing his usual uniform of loose khaki pants and billowing white T-shirt, his sunglasses in his pocket, his feet bare …. Apparently, Clay dresses quite appropriately in his uniform cargo khaki pants and sandals. I’d like to see him consider the Rick Rubin bare feet thing, at least occasionally, like Frisco was nice. Even his toes are sexy. If he doesn't get 'em with his voice, or his humor, or his heart, or eyes, smile, lips, hands, or his humongous presence presents package, then the toes will go to work.

The pictures tonight have been incredible.

farouche, I love your pictures. I've been seeing them several places over the last few days.

Hi, everyone! I'm a member of several Clay boards, but post mostly at CH. I've been registered for quite a while now, but this is my first post. I spent a lot of time looking around the board today, and it's a great site. Thanks, Couchie! I've seen lots of familiar names, and a few friends, so although I may not be the most wordy member around, I'll try not to be a stranger.

This could be my post. Just joined lastnight, and have been reading this thread. Here's some pictures I posted in the Meet and Greet thread:

WPB1.jpg

artz11_snix_640.jpg

tasapiotampashop.jpg

Forgot to list a sad song. 'These Are The Days Of Our Lives' by Queen.

Edited by Stargazer

Farouche Welcome!

I'm in a totally state of depression just thinking about all these songs!!

How about God Bless the USA--always makes me cry.

Hell, everything makes me cry.

Any fans of eyes out there? (Yeah, I know. Stupid question!)

KnoxvilleDCAT6.jpg

Totally off topic, but one of my all time favorite TV shows is now available on iTunes and on DVD - well at least season one! Any fans of "The Practice" out there???

Speaking of which, there is a new show coming on ABC with just too much pretty in it. It starts Dylan McDermott (of "The Practice") and Michael Vartan (of "Alias").

Can I borrow :Thud: until Clay returns???

Stargazer, welcome and...ahem...see my avie :Thud:

And Manderly....that Tasapio picture that Couchie thudded over (as did I)---it's as though it's a full frontal :Thud::Thud: of the previous profile pic that totally did us in...is there another pic in this series from yet another angle? :hubbahubba:

Dayum...he's sooooooo photogenic...almost sinfully so...unfairly so...laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy...

It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?

sigh :wub: