#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Warning: A rather long personal post sort of related to the topic dejour:

A couple of weeks ago we went back home to Ohio to visit family. Up until then I had never had anyone I was close to say anything about Clay that upset me. One of my husbands co-workers made a couple of comments trying to bait me, but I just kind of light heartedly gave it back to him. Anyway Clay's name came up several times with my sister in law but no comment was made. But then it happened. We were walking through a store and I stopped to look at a skirt and she made the comment. " I couldn't tell you the last time I wore a skirt." I said I bought one for my art show and then wore it to the last Clay Aiken concert I went to. We were on our way out of the store, and she said. "I can't stand him, I know you really like him, but I just can't stand him" I asked her why, she said "I think he's a smart aleck"

I could feel the blood rush to my face, and I said. "Really, I think he is one of the nicest young men in entertainment today, but then I know a lot more about him than you do." As soon as it came out of my mouth I regretted it, I let her push my buttons. I almost felt like she had been wanting to tell me all weekend that she couldn't stand him. I barely spoke on the drive back home.

Later I decided to apologize to her, she is my sister in law and more like my own sister, we had been very close for many years. I told her I wanted to apologize for snapping at her earlier, and that I'm not sure why I'm so defensive of Clay, but I am. but that she is entitled to her opinion and I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. Whew, I got that out and felt some better, then she said. "Well I knew I had struck a nerve," I never thought anything much about him until all of this gay talk about him came up blah, blah blah."

I know in the past she has subscribed to the Inquirer and I'm pretty sure that's where she got her information, but I didn't pursue it further with her. I did tell her that Clay said that it wasn't true, but decided to drop the subject with her.

Since that weekend, I've not been sure who I was most disappointed in, my sister in law or myself. She is someone whose opinion has always mattered to me and I was willing to argue with her over someone I really don't know. Her dislike of Clay was because she believed he was gay and not really about him being a smart aleck, so her mind is closed, and based on my reaction she will probably never ever like Clay, so I probably just made matters worse.

My point, there is a point in my baring my soul in this post is, that unfortunately there are people out there who have formed an opinion about Clay from the tabloid crap and that is a shame. I've learned a couple of lessons. I think now I will walk away before I let someone push my buttons like that again. If someone I know mentions an artist they like, I will never ever say " I can't stand them" I will allow them their enjoyment of that artist and be happy for them.

I was watching a re-run of Americas Next Top Model this weekend and one thing they said that to make it you have to have the ability to look different at each photo shoot. Clay never looks the same way twice in any photos but manages to look gorgeous in all (well almost all) of them! Is he really an alien who shapeshifts?

He belongs on the cover of GQ!!!!!!!

KAndre cracks open on eye and sees the FCA taking on giant philosophical discussions...as usual and again...

....and temporarily slipping into those stainless steel stilletos -

Inquiring minds want to know......are you riding your Giddyup while wearing said stainless steel stilletos?

eta... Son Of A Bitch.... Party Dude... the top!! fiesta.gif

bWAH -- grape pie for everyone!

Speaking of pie...TOOTS close your eyes -- I bought a Hostess blackberry pie today and it cost $1.19. I used to buy those 5 for a dollar growing up.

carry on.

How big was the Hostess pie? Would you consider sharing it with me? No, I didn't think so!

Well, I have to say that I think that discussing anyone's sexuality is just plain icky and no one's damn business (unless I and the person in question both happen to be naked at the time of the discussion.)

Tee Hee, that was good wandacleo.

hey make it big again heeeeeeeeee

Did Couchie just smut?

I'm working on the multiple quote thingy but in the meantime, what's so bad about being on top? I kinda like it!!

Edited by Toots

I, like Claygasm, sorta assumed he was gay during AI2...at least at first....and then I wavered and then the more I watched him and listened to him and gah....

I didn't assume Clay was gay on AI2 - because I saw the way he ogled the girl contestants. He watched their tummies, legs, and boobs. He may have had 'gay' mannerisms, but he seemed very happy to be with cute women and to have his hands and arms around them. And since then, he said plainly and clearly that he's straight, and in observing him with women, I've seen evidence to back up that claim. That's enough for me.

Clay's being gay never crossed my mind during AI2. Not once. Remember what the geeky kid looked like in Atlanta? Did he scream 'gay'? It was the AI hair and makeup people that did that.

Look back at the pictures from group 2 and wildcard. He was young and gorgeous and he had those chiseled cheekbones. Gah!

Edited by Thankful4Clay

hey make it big again heeeeeeeeee

Did Couchie just smut?

I'm working on the multiple quote thingy but in the meantime, what's so bad about being on top? I kinda like it!!

I did not smut!!

I think YSRN and JMH have pretty much brought the shame to the top of the page position. heh. Hmmm. Two People. Working in tangent. Would this be some sort of evil conspiracy? :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

the whole package is the old punch in the gut.

keepingfaith....if this is your experience, I'd say the dude's missing the target! Hey, I know! He needs a "Morticia" or a "Damien"! They'd navigate him to the right place!

"Recalculating...."

"Make a legal U Turn..."

And what neither the man nor the woman ever wants to hear:

"Lost signal..."

:whistling-1:

(Can you tell I've moved on from the 'gay' issue?....It's a sensitive issue when the discussion is philosophical, but especially difficult to conduct without the benefit of voice and facial expresssions to help ensure that one's message truly and correctly is given and received. So when it's about someone in whom we're so invested and so very much in love, it usually...eventually....turns into something uncomfortable, IMO. Not telling anybody to shut up, just saying I've said my piece and am done.)

And Couchie, I agree with what you said about his mic debacling being more of a 'gotta move' thang than a "I WANT you, Ms. Mic Stand!"....yep, the man's just gotta be movin' SOMEthing..... :whistling-1:

blackjeans-small1.gif:hubbahubba:

I'm back in town! Well, not Houston-town...but town-town....where there is internet....unlike our cottage....where there is none. Anyway, I kinda-sorta caught up on the discussions of today (and yesterday and the day before that) and I have ONE thing to say.....well, one thing tonight. Tomorrow I'll skip out on school work and post something else BUT....

This posting of hand pictures and all this related talk, well, here I am.....just sitting here reading along and the band on my bra gets tighter and tighter. So tight, in fact, I just had to reach back up there and unhook it. Such a weird thing, eh? But it sure felt like the right thing to do.

I really thought I was going to get past this conversation without saying something (those of you who know me well enough may now collect your bets)...but atinal's post made me want to talk.

I'm sorry you had such a sad experience with your SiL, but my advise, truly for what it's worth, is don't feel so bad. It sounds like there have been many other things over the years you two do see eye to eye on. Embrace those and leave Clay out of it. Lord knows, this policy seems to work for my husband and I.

What I will not weigh in on is Clay's orientation. He has made a statement and said he's not going to discuss it anymore and I've decided he should know best about this matter. Plus, I don't think he needs me to defend either his honor or his manhood...which, from my point of view is looking mighty fine.

...but this from ldyjocelyn...this I will weigh in on, because I believe this to be true with all my heart...

I actually think discussing this whole issue of sexuality is good for us as a society. I can see cindilu's point in that it really is infringing on Clay's right to a private life, and that what he says goes in that respect. But, at the same time IMO, we're talking about issues that are universal to people around the world -- the acceptance of people as they are (and how hard that is for some people).

So, for the record, and hopefully the only time I will ever comment on the subject...and this, of course, is strictly only my opinion...

gay does not = bad

JP does not = every gay

JP's lies do not = that Clay is either gay or not gay

JP = a scum-sucking, bottom dwelling, piece of shit grifter that somehow figured how to walk upright among humans and I have learned to accept that pos for what he is.

...and that, as Forrest Gump would say, 'is all I got to say about that'

eta...now that I am throughly embarrassed about my rant, but it's probably too late to edit it all away, I'll just post this so I can look at something beautiful before I go to sleep...

th_faroucheHouston073.jpg

Edited by laughn

I did not smut!!

I think YSRN and JMH have pretty much brought the shame to the top of the page position. heh. Hmmm. Two People. Working in tangent. Would this be some sort of evil conspiracy? :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Heh heh heh. :cryingwlaughter:

Jeezus.

Arms and hands and crotches, oh my!

Watching the trummy makes the time fly!

He's so freaking gorgeous he makes me cry

What's that wet shit leaking outta my eye?

*ducks*

Now EVERYONE knows that I'm not a poet.

Very interesting conversation today. I remember being shocked that some internet fans thought Clay was gay because I never got that from him during AI. It wasn't until I read some other opinions that I could see kinda why they thought that, but it was all based on stereotypical behavior. And I hatess stereotypes.

Thankful4Clay said:

Remember what the geeky kid looked like in Atlanta? Did he scream 'gay'? It was the AI hair and makeup people that did that.

And Simon Cowell, don't forget that wonderful example of manhood.

In 2003, when I came out at work as a Clay fan, I used to get mocked for liking him, some people used to come up to me and tell me he's gay in that ugly voice that one hears. At first, I'd get upset and try to defend him, but of course that didn't work. So, what's a girl to do? Whenever anyone said anything degrogatory about Clay, I'd look them in the eye, smile and say, "I just love his voice. I just love him. I'm having the time of my life". No matter what they'd say or how many times they said it, I'd just smile and repeat that phrase over and over again. Eventually shut them the fuck up.

After a while, some of those who were the most vocal came up to me and told me that they envied me and the good times I was having, attending concerts, meeting up with internet friends, traveling to different parts of the country to party with other Clay fans. You see, Clay put a smile on my face and a spring in my step that was missing BC and people noticed. Since discovering Clay and the fandom, I actually feel younger than my years and I love that feeling.

*360*

OK, if I'm being totally honest, I'll tell you my deep, dark Clay confession. I hatessss his hair this tour. I want the long hair from Christmas 2006 back, or the KTLA hair, or Martha hair or Tyra hair, but the 2006 Christmas hair? Is the absolute bestest hair EVAH! Gah! I wanted him to grow it even longer! I wanted it to flow past his collar to his collarbones *dies* Add in the stubble and I was a dead woman. In my fantasies, I wanted to run my fingers through that hair. Grab it, and wrap it around my hand while I.... *slaps self! Where was I?*.... Back to reality. Then I read in one of the M&G's that Clay didn't like it that long. Killed my fantasy dead.

It's after midnight here and I just finished watching a DVD of the Sterling Heights concert....Clay in super low riding jeans. :hubbahubba: ...so I'm fanning myself with a CA church fan...

But wanted to ask if anyone here ordered the Crooners Christmas cd from CD Universe.

I received an email from them tonight informing me that my order was being shipped!

It was a little surprising because they had sent a couple of previous emails saying the cd was still on back order. If they couldn't find any by Oct 5, the order would be cancelled by them.

I'm not going to get too excited until I have the cd in hand. There's another Crooners Christmas, from a prior year I guess, that is Clayless and includes female singers such as Rosemary Clooney.

If this is the new one with Clay----I'll be happy to get it! :me0:

He's in with the big boys there. I think it's an honor he's included! :clap:

Did any of you order it? Just wondering.

merrieeee, I'm a little late, but hope your birthday was wonderful!

Edited by Maddy

And I always want to be Angela!

ohmy.jpg

So.....it was really hot this summer, eh? Am I the only one who thinks the air conditioning must have been turned up to high when this picture was taken? It seems be have been a bit nippley that night..... :whistling-1:

OH!

That's a button......?

Never mind.....................

atinal....I'm so sorry your SIL felt she had to give you grief about Clay. Is the disappointment because she will never like Clay, or was it in discovering someone who's opinion mattered to you.....was prejudice?

I ran into a similar situation with a dear friend and was stunned to discover how unaccepting of people's differences they were. I guess it had never come up before and I had assumed their opinion wouldn't be that different from mine.

I was sad to discover otherwise.