#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

I just had a brilliant idea... you'd better all run for the hills! :cryingwlaughter:

Could we have a list somewhere of the main banter funnies/highlights/favorite part from each show? Or we could start it here in Main and just add to it. I never remember where he bantered what!

Like:

WPB... he bantered with the man falling asleep.

Pala... Flat Clay serenade

Greek... "Surprise" to Angie's family when sitting next to her and "Don't kill me, dad" during BGB

Indio... "Us white boys don't" when referring to the Indians liking the heat

Ashville... bug in Angela's blouse/bat imitation

Orlando... "Heartache" and "Pain" while pointing to A&Q during the duet

etc.

From Ch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7rSpxZDuD4

I have not heard this one before.

That song is from one of his Hometown Connection shows, I believe. The lady singing with him is Pam Shanley (or something that sounds like that). I lurve that song. Have it on a CD of duets in my car.

Thank you SO much for bringing that over! Probably not that great to be teared up practically first thing on a Monday holiday morning, but what the hey....it's Clay! :lol:

Is there anyone that might be able to rip the audio of that, or provide the audio? I've never heard it before either and I would love to add it to my collection, duet or no. It's beautiful.

Sendspace of Lean On Me

I just had a brilliant idea... you'd better all run for the hills! :cryingwlaughter:

Could we have a list somewhere of the main banter funnies/highlights/favorite part from each show? Or we could start it here in Main and just add to it. I never remember where he bantered what!

Like:

Greek... "Surprise" to Angie's family when sitting next to her and "Don't kill me, dad" during BGB

etc.

I think we attempted something like for the last Christmas tour...but we didn;t get to finish it...If you want to start somethign like this for dcat you can start a thread a the Summer 2007 tour section of the Clay live Forum.

Like:

etc.

I think we attempted something like for the last Christmas tour...but we didn;t get to finish it...If you want to start somethign like this for dcat you can start a thread a the Summer 2007 tour section of the Clay live Forum.

Isn't this also what scruffy13's Best of Banter montages are? I have them all downloaded, but haven't had a chance to watch them yet.

From the CB

I had the wonderful pleasure/treat of sitting next to Christian Leuzzi (songwriter of ATD) , his music publisher and his folks at the WPB concert and just so you guys know.. Christian is in full steam ahead in working with Clay on bringing him some new/original material! (No.. there was no mention of timelines or how many songs he was working with Clay on).... BUT--- he was all but happy to be working in tandem with Clay and really respects Clay and all the music people Clay surrounds himself with!! PS.. WPB was the FIRST time that Christian had ever seen Clay perform live.. and MORE importantly-- see/hear Clay perform HIS song live - A THOUSAND DAYS !! I sort of wished that Clay would have announced that Christian was in the audience that night, so we could have given him a joyous round of applause!! FYI-- He's such a really nice young man and soo talented!! image

From Ch:

I seldom watch montages, but I watched this one because I hadn't heard the song. (Thanks for the download links to the mp3, btw!) Many of us commented that on the last tour Clay really seemed to "own" the show. He's not as wide-eyed with wonder as he was before, which I'm sort of sorry to see leave. In it's place is a confident look, whether on stage or during his charitable endeavors. This montage really shows the transition from "I can't believe I'm doing this" to "Let's make this opportunity count." The maturing is obvious is Clay's physical appearance but even more so in his eyes, his expression.

From the CB

I had the wonderful pleasure/treat of sitting next to Christian Leuzzi (songwriter of ATD) , his music publisher and his folks at the WPB concert and just so you guys know.. Christian is in full steam ahead in working with Clay on bringing him some new/original material! (No.. there was no mention of timelines or how many songs he was working with Clay on).... BUT--- he was all but happy to be working in tandem with Clay and really respects Clay and all the music people Clay surrounds himself with!! PS.. WPB was the FIRST time that Christian had ever seen Clay perform live.. and MORE importantly-- see/hear Clay perform HIS song live - A THOUSAND DAYS !! I sort of wished that Clay would have announced that Christian was in the audience that night, so we could have given him a joyous round of applause!! FYI-- He's such a really nice young man and soo talented!! image

i wonder if this is why he brought back ATD...he must've known the composer was in the house....

From the CB

i wonder if this is why he brought back ATD...he must've known the composer was in the house....

He brought it back before WPB though.

Pocahontasheir posted this at the CB:

Hello!

I wrote to Fox.com and asked if Clay would be on AYSTAFG on Thursday, October 11, 2007. Their reply:

"No. He will be part of a big 2-hour special airing on Thursday November 1, 2007 (8 to 10 p.m. ET/PT) IF no baseball!"

Cool..we can root for a sweep in the world series. Poor OFC...but I'm pretty sure they didn't pull that date out of their ass. Glad Fox opted for sweeps although I wouldn't mind seeing him sooner. I'd just like a lot of build up.

Anticipation!!! I am not the biggest cheerleader of the OFC by any means, but yeah, I don't imagine they just picked a random date there. And if the baseball screws with Nov 1 - then there's always next week! Either way, he's gonna be on, and he's gonna be smart (though not smarter than a 5th grader *g*) and he's gonna win a boatload of $$$. Eeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Like:

etc.

Isn't this also what scruffy13's Best of Banter montages are? I have them all downloaded, but haven't had a chance to watch them yet.

OK, I will do that, Ansa.

Cindilu... Don't want to have videos, just a list of what funny bits are in which concert. Scruffy's series is fantastic, but I'm looking for the highlight in each show... like if I'm looking for the Bats/Bugs banter and don't remember that it was at Ashville, I'm not going to want to look thru every Scruffy series to find it. I'm thinking it would be like a Table of Contents, sorta.

From Ch:

Cool, I haven't seen that montage before. I checked my Lean On Me mp3, and it has a create date on it of 12/05/2006 so I guess it was around that time that it was "discovered". There are actually 3 clips with the same date - two (Healing and Lean On Me) are duets and audio-only. The third, called Secondhand Heart, has the first half audio-only and the second half with video too. It is not a duet. They are all labeled "JCC 1998". They can all be found at CU here. I think it's great if people are just now discovering them! I love the early JCC/Hometown Connection stuff.

There is something similar to this on the main FCA site, but not all venues have been completed. If you click on Clay On The Road and then Summer Tour 2007 (both on the left side menu) and then choose a specific venue on the right side menu, some venues have an article that outlines some of the funny banter or special things that happened that night. For example, for Philadelphia, the article is called "Clay Says.....and other highlights of Philadelphia".

I am patiently waiting for the AI Rewind clack to download.....I couldn't find a channel that got it up north. Can't wait to hear my boyfriend's voice again.

Don't recall where or when, but definitely remember reading somewhere that Faye had sent out an email about the October 11 date.

And luckiest, AI Rewind was all over my TV all weekend! On Saturday at noon I saw the 2nd episode on CW, then that evening I saw the 1st episode on WGN, then Sunday CW reran the 2nd episode, and last night WGN had the 2nd episode. My son was watching with me last night while he was restringing a guitar and after seeing the two promos -- one heavily Clay and the second exclusively Clay -- he said, "Looks like they're letting Clay win this time."

Did Ruben and KLo audition in Atlanta? Because, if so, isn't it wild that they only feature Clay in the promo for the Atlanta audition show?

Neither Ruben or Kim auditioned in Atlanta. In fact...I think they auditioned in same city..the final audition city..my mind is blank at the moment...somewhere south..Nashville?

Lucky..thanks for reminding me of my unfinished work on the summer tour pages. :cry4:

ETA cuz ruben and clay are not the same person.

And luckiest, AI Rewind was all over my TV all weekend! On Saturday at noon I saw the 2nd episode on CW, then that evening I saw the 1st episode on WGN, then Sunday CW reran the 2nd episode, and last night WGN had the 2nd episode.

Unfortunately, here in Canada, unless the household has satellite TV, or purchases the extended channels on a cable package, there is little chance to watch Rewind. But I think it's cool that it's showing so many times on US stations - all the more chance that the average person might catch it unexpectedly!

Hee, couchie, we'll get them finished eventually.....

Regarding "Fifth Grader" -- I'll just be happy when Clay is on TV showing the world how smart he is....

I'm trying to get some updates done on the FCA concert pages for the upcoming tour. If ya'll could look at this thread, which is the representing list, and let me know if I've got you down for the right shows! Either PM me or post in the thread.

Tonight, I'm going to make sure there are threads for all the concerts of this "tour" (heh), and if not, I will create them. Please be patient with me on that....

Oh, BWAH!

You know I'm organizing this big conference in November and it's in a hotel that's like a freaking labyrinth to navigate. Two buildings and various elevator banks and bridges and levels and whatnot. So it's always a challenge to make sure the nearly 2,000 attendees find their way without becoming missing persons. The staff SHOULD help but they need some extra 'training' and familiarizing themselves before they can guide others.

SO....

I'm getting the staff there a little early and I'm going to take them around on a tour and then I'm going to send them on a scavenger hunt to 'test' their savvy with the lay of the land...and I've decided that I'll put a little prize in the rooms I'm giving instructions to find and each 'prize' is going to have a different picture of Clay taped on it!

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

That'll get 'em for giving me a hard time about my obsession hobby. :clap:

:helloogreen:

I don’t know if this has already been posted, but there is a tiny Clay mention in the October Access, the DirectTVHD magazine. The article is called The TeleVisionaries - 10 People who have changed what we watch and the way we watch it. The first story is Simon Cowell and

Simon Fuller.

Why them? These two British imports transformed the humble talent-search concept into a massive must-see event that made household names of Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken and Sanjaya.

I thought it interesting that these are the three mentioned. No Carrie. No Ruben or Fantasia. No winner except Kelly.

The article says that Idol isj signed through 2009! Ack! And then goes on to mention their other ‘creations’.

Happy Columbus Day!

Happy Thanksgiving!

:)

Like:

etc.

I like your idea, liney. Don't forget the "Now I'm a MAN!" episode - my favorite! :cryingwlaughter: Although I have no idea which concert it's from. It's ridiculous that I have so much clack on my computer that I need a table of contents.

Happy Thanksgiving, Canadians!

Happy Birthday, amazed in nj

Happy Monday everybody.

This is my first day back at work since last Tuesday. I've never been a big fan of Monday, but I'm actually glad to be back in the saddle again, so given that, I must not be completely well just yet!