#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

I'm not even curious enough to listen to Loverboy. Did they have a lot of hits. I remember the name but I feel as they are known for one song but can't remember what it is.

Turn Me Loose. (I gotta have it my way, or no way at allllllll). Loving Every Minute Of It was pretty big too, I believe.

Turn Me Loose - I think that is a cover song, first sung in the 50's by Fabian Forte - who can't sing his way out of a paper bag and has a beach house near mine, driving around in a pink convertible in a desperate need to be noticed.

As to believing Clay - I just take what he says at face value. It is so much simpler than trying to read between the lines and I think my odds at getting to the truth are probably better. I think there is the zebra/horse story that interns are taught, sometimes it is just a horse, look for common diseases first, then the exotic.

BFM, never a favorite of mine, I don't really know why. I think the "we wrote all the songs on the album once again show the difference b etween Clay and other performers. To date, Clay never took credit away from anyone else. I would hope this would raise him in the esteem of some songwriters, but who knows.

ddly enough my favorite Clay songs so far are..... ballads - Oh shoot me now.

I'm not even curious enough to listen to Loverboy. Did they have a lot of hits. I remember the name but I feel as they are known for one song but can't remember what it is.

Turn Me Loose. (I gotta have it my way, or no way at allllllll). Loving Every Minute Of It was pretty big too, I believe.

The song that I always think of when I think of Loverboy is "Working for the Weekend." I couldn't come up with anything else, but you reminded me of those other two. Past that, though...eh.

For some reason, I love the way his EYES look when he's smiling. There's way more to his smile than just his mouth, it's his entire face that lights up.

ldyj - did you know there's scientific evidence that there's a type of smile called a "Duchenne smile" in which the corners of the eyes involuntarily crinkle?

It's the most sincere kind of smile there is - it makes you smile back!!

That's so cool - thanks for the info. I always look at Clay's eyes when he smiles, they just draw me in, and make me feel like he is really feeling that smile through his whole body.

Thanks luckiest for reposting that, and thanks cha cha for the information. Duchenne!Smile!Clay! is all kinds of hawt to me.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians!

aikim, I too loved "WKRP in Cincinnati" (I was so glad that Clay included that theme in his medley, because I think it's one of the best theme songs EVAH!). And I think your story shows that the more things change, the more things stay the same. *sigh*

Oh, and {{{{hugs}}} to you and CG for your teams not doing well.

I think my feeling on BFM most closely resembles AAIT's from yesterday -- I was surprised at my reaction, which really was "that's Clay's song, boy that doesn't sound right, I'm bummed." I was floored at how strong my reaction to it was. Now, I loved the song in concert, thought it was hella fun, and it certainly looked as if Clay was having a fantastic time singing it. But it could be that Clay simply got tired of the song, and I do agree that it's not a "singer's song." At this point, there's not a big reason to get my panties in a bunch though. I can't change anything. And if I feel the need to listen to the song again, I'll just pull out my iPod.

I think Clay is a good entertainer. He sells his performance to the audience. That is what he gets paid to do. Does he have to like every song he performs?

This is an interesting subject to me, JaMar. I like to think that a music comes from the performer, in the abstract sense, that it is a form of self-espression. I know it's naive, but I hate to think that someone would choose to sing a song they actually don't like just because it's well received. I know singers probably get really tired of some songs, and sing them because the fans really want them to, but that's different. To start out with a song you don't like.... not a good thing. I can't listen for just the sound. It's not enough for me. There needs to be something to hold it up, and for me, that's the communication behind it. But then, you know the kind of music I lean toward.....

I wonder if Clay actually did like the song for a while, and chose it for the concert because he did like it -- at that time. But things change, and he may have just decided later that it wasn't "him." It's hard to say really, though.

I do want him to find songs that can fit both the artist potential as well as the selling potential, but from what little I've read about the music business, that can be very difficult. Story from a former fandom: Huey Lewis and the News were having a heck of a time breaking in to the music business in the early 80s. First album went nowhere fast. They finished their second album, but the record company thought there wasn't a good single in the bunch. Against the band's wishes, they recorded a song called "Do You Believe in Love?", suggested by the record company. Totally unlike most of their stuff up to that point, way more "pop" than what they were used to. But guess what? The single went top 20 and it got their feet in the door. They then went on to have a fantastic career throughout the 80s. I think the main difference today is that radio isn't the be-all and end-all. But anyway, my point is that sometimes, the record company could be RIGHT.

*ducks stones from the poddies*

ETA: As I think about this more, These Open Arms comes to mind as an example. I don't like that song much, but Clay brings conviction to it, and that's what made it such a great song to hear live IMO. I don't like the song any better now that the tour is over, and I still skip it on the CD, but the way he communicated when he sang it made all the difference. I'd rather hear him sing that than BFM, despite my personal preferences.

Man, you're me with this song -- the live version totally sold me on it.

But I think that brings up an interesting point too -- I think it's incredibly difficult to capture Clay's energy in performing on a regular album. Recording studios just don't capture that kind of feeling. And that's where Clay's skills in being an all-around entertainer come in. He can take material and sell it, just simply by performing it live. I think he knows that. It's just getting the rest of the world to realize it.

Talking about recorded songs versus live performances...I Survived You. Love the song on the CD, but really did not like Clay's live performance of it...I thought at times his interpretation was a little over the top and too dramatic...I know a lot of fans love "pissy" Clay, but that one was not one of my favorites.

Kim

Turn Me Loose - I think that is a cover song, first sung in the 50's by Fabian Forte - who can't sing his way out of a paper bag and has a beach house near mine, driving around in a pink convertible in a desperate need to be noticed.

As to believing Clay - I just take what he says at face value. It is so much simpler than trying to read between the lines and I think my odds at getting to the truth are probably better. I think there is the zebra/horse story that interns are taught, sometimes it is just a horse, look for common diseases first, then the exotic.

BFM, never a favorite of mine, I don't really know why. I think the "we wrote all the songs on the album once again show the difference b etween Clay and other performers. To date, Clay never took credit away from anyone else. I would hope this would raise him in the esteem of some songwriters, but who knows.

ddly enough my favorite Clay songs so far are..... ballads - Oh shoot me now.

Turn Me Loose by Loverboy and Fabian - two different songs.

It's amusing how Clay's words are gospel when they confirm something people want to believe, and spin or 'saving face' when they don't. He said he didn't care for/about Back For More, and I believe him. I'm easy that way.

And if you're gonna shoot play, then line me up right beside her. I love me some ballads, and nobody does them better than my boyfriend.

I am not a professional singer but I have been involved in lots of groups, etc. and I gotta tell you, there are times when you sing songs just because it's expected. I've had a few instances where I absolutely HATED the song but sang it with all the conviction of someone who adored it. It's a performance.

Clay may have liked BFM at one time, I dunno. I didn't particularly like it because it seemed like his voice was forced and the song sounded "tinny" to me. Just my opinion.

Oh Scarlett..I have no doubt you'll see Clay tossing that mic stand again real soon.
Thanks!!! I hope you had a good night's sleep. Unfamiliar noises bother me -- maybe it would have helped if you had blasted Clay Aiken from everything electronic. That's what I do.

Ooooh, I like the mic stand throwing, too!

Vermicthrow.gif

Thanks a bunch, Gibby! MUAH!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA: As I think about this more, These Open Arms comes to mind as an example. I don't like that song much, but Clay brings conviction to it, and that's what made it such a great song to hear live IMO. I don't like the song any better now that the tour is over, and I still skip it on the CD, but the way he communicated when he sang it made all the difference. I'd rather hear him sing that than BFM, despite my personal preferences.

Awww, I just ::heart:: TOA, recorded and live!

Looks like it's time for weird song confessions. I loved every single new JBT song except TRD (yes, I'm strange, couchie, but I'll hold & fan you and bring the margaritas if ever someone else "takes" TRD), love ATD so much [whispers]that during the DCAT I lost the first line of MOAM twice while switching tapes to protect ATD[/whispers] and (don't peek if you love LAA) [/even smaller voice]when I had enough battery power for just 1 song, (*sniffs at Solo*) I unconsciously picked Listen over LAA. If I had stopped to think I would have picked LAA because other people love it, but by then it was too late.[/end smaller voice] There, oooh I feel nice and clean now -- and ready for the lynching. *giggles*

And I'm a weird mom too. I love having kids running around and making lots of noise -- as long as they don't hog DDR (switching to an appropriate siggy below...)

At first he just looked at me and shook his head, "no". I started to repeat it but then he just blinked and turned back to the tv. I waited. And waited. And then he said, "If it doesn't cost any money, you should go."

Welcome to my world. :( I'm going to Wichita and Omaha because they're both within easy driving distance and will be staying in a servicable but not luxurious hotel. I knew he'd flip if I booked airfare someplace. But I'm grateful that I'll get to go to the ones I am.

I think Clay is a 10 times better entertainer than he is a recording artist. I never download the audio of his concerts to listen to on my iPod because they just don't do for me what the visual performance does. I guess it's because I can't see the Duchenne smile. :) A lot of his songs on ATDW didn't blow me away until I saw him perform them on stage. He just puts so much more into a live appearance than he does into a recording - it's obvious the man loves performing and feeds off the energy of the audience.

I buy his CD's (in reasonable numbers) as a way of supporting his career, but I seldom listen to them. For some reason I listen to the demos in the car much more often than I do MOAM or ATDW. The exception is his Christmas CD's. Now those I can put on non-stop through the holidays and enjoy them immensely. In fact, I can't wait for November so that I can start listening to Christmas Clay without people looking at me funny.

Scarlett I love your siggie, and am going to suggest it to my husband. We bought a Wii about two months ago, and Dance Dance Revolution came out for it two weeks ago. My husband has been playing it practically non-stop. I probably would be too, except that my knee still isn't quite right from last weekend, and I like playing on FCA way too much!

I think Clay is a 10 times better entertainer than he is a recording artist. I never download the audio of his concerts to listen to on my iPod because they just don't do for me what the visual performance does. I guess it's because I can't see the Duchenne smile. :) A lot of his songs on ATDW didn't blow me away until I saw him perform them on stage. He just puts so much more into a live appearance than he does into a recording - it's obvious the man loves performing and feeds off the energy of the audience.

I can identify with these statements, although now that I have a true, honest-to-goodness iPod, I'm downloading lots of concert clack that I didn't way back when. But honestly, I think when I'm listening to these songs in my iPod, I'm also totally VISUALIZING Clay singing these songs. Even if it isn't a concert I attended, I can "see" Clay singing. His performances are ingrained into my thinking.

And yeah, I truly believe "entertainer Clay" is the way he'll go, and what he sees for himself. He's successful at it too!

In fact, I can't wait for November so that I can start listening to Christmas Clay without people looking at me funny.

YOU WAIT UNTIL NOVEMBER?!?!?!?!? :cryingwlaughter: I listen to Clay Christmas music all year long! I was on the recumbant bicycle at the gym the other day, pedaling along to "Winter Wonderland." It was great!

I am not a professional singer but I have been involved in lots of groups, etc. and I gotta tell you, there are times when you sing songs just because it's expected. I've had a few instances where I absolutely HATED the song but sang it with all the conviction of someone who adored it. It's a performance.

This is not meant to be personal in any way, jumpingjacks, and I have no doubt that groups do this all of the time, but I have to think there is a perceptible difference between performing a song with conviction of someone who adored it, and preforming it with conviction because you feel it. I don't know. If not, well, I think I'll just hold on to the illusion. As I said, I can be naive about these things. I think of the phrase we hear so often about 'keeping it real.' I think there's a lot of merit to that. I really don't want to hear someone sing something because it sounds good. I want to hear it because it's real. Not literally real, of course, but that it comes from some part of them that they relate to on whatever level. I think that's one of the things I don't like about many, but not all glory notes by power singers. They don't always communicate something real to me. They sometimes seem like musical muscle flexing. Now, of course, there are some that are perfectly placed, and work beautifully to communicate the sentiment (Solitaire and DSIAFCD, for examples of Clay glory notes I enjoy, but there are tons of others from various artists I could probably think of). It just comes down to what listeners want from music, I suppose, and that is not the same for everyone.

I really do understand the sadness people are feeling. I guess this song brought so much fun to the fandom and so much expectations and fantasies were attached to it. This was going to be the song that shock the world and introduce rocker Clay to the music industry. I really liked it and is my fourth favorite original song sung by Clay...but I just don't have the emotional attachment to it that others have. In some way I feel like its better to have this song recorded by someone else so that the fandom can finally put that fantasy to rest and move on to newer and better things. This is not the first time Clay shared a song with other performers. Invisible was recorded by someone else first...so this situation is really not unusual. Also...lots of artist write songs, or even record songs that they later give to other performers...two of Kelly;s biggest hits were Christina's and Avril's songs. So this shouldn't be taken "personally" by Clay fans.

I do believe he liked BFM enough to sing it all summer.I don;t think he can actually sing a song he didn;t like that much...remember Touch? I just don't think he loved it so that he felt some kind of attachment to it.

Clay may be a storyteller but don't really think he's prone to pat answers for anything real. A pat answer to me is the "I can't go to the grocery story"story -- it's something he has ready for when he's asked for the 100th time what has changed since American Idol. I loved the meet and greet because Clay was able to communicate with his fans and I thought he did it honestly. When he didn't want to answer something he just said noneya. And actually he explained why he wouldn't talk about Chamberlain. When somebody asked him about Back For More - what skin off his nose would it have been to say - I would love the song on a future album but its' being recorded by someone else oh hell if he loves it so much he can still record it. It's one song out of 12. Protect US? BWAH. The collective fandom has blown a fuse this week over Cane, over an idea HE came up with for the summer tour, over BFM being recorded by someone else and next week I'm sure it will blow it's fuse over Fifth Grader in some way -- either Fox didn't properly promote Clay's appearance and is out to get him or OFC sucks and why doesn't he care about his fan club. Somebody asked if would be on a future album or sing it and he said no, he didn't particularly like it. Ok, so that wasn't good enough and he got a follow up question at another meet and greet where he called in cheesy. Didn't that little dig of THAT SONG not being particularly liked by Clay do a bit more damage to the psyche of the fandom than somebody else recording it? After all..why would he protect RCA from the rabid hate. I'm with Jamar when she said

Feeling a need to find a reason why Clay said HE didn't like it...not so much. That's a slippery slope. IMO, Clay was pretty darn straight forward in his answers to the fans questions at the M&G's this summer. So some of them didn't fit into the "speculation" that went on about ATDW. I, for one, think he was telling it like it is.

The only song I never found a better live version of is Perfect Day, my favorite song from MoaM. Perfection. heee.

I loved the theatrics of I Survived You. So I can actually believe him when he says - he's thinking of a sandwich when he's singing LAA (maybe not every performance...) because I understood he neve wanted to committ hari kari when singing I Survived You. He's a born actor... He made me like Solitaire once I saw him singing it live and it was his dramatic presentation -- the way he tore himself away from the mic like it was the last thing he would ever do on earth.

Scarlett -- LOL... I love your signature. I'm exactly the same. That's one sterotype busted for me!! LOL at your love for ATD. I liked the song during JBT but frankly tired of it by the time it was on the album and didn't enjoy it in concert until he brought it back and it was suddenly seemed fresh and new. I really love all the changeups he did with it upon it's return.

As for singing songs he doesn't like..I don't believe he always didn't like the song (See ATD above) or that he HATED the song which is an entirely different thing. And he's enough of a showman that he can still do it and communicate it to you without you knowing he didn't care for it.

LdyJ..working for the weekend..that's the only song I recognized of all the Loverboy songs mentioned.

This is not meant to be personal in any way, jumpingjacks, and I have no doubt that groups do this all of the time, but I have to think there is a perceptible difference between performing a song with conviction of someone who adored it, and preforming it with conviction because you feel it. I don't know. If not, well, I think I'll just hold on to the illusion. As I said, I can be naive about these things. I think of the phrase we hear so often about 'keeping it real.' I think there's a lot of merit to that. I really don't want to hear someone sing something because it sounds good. I want to hear it because it's real. Not literally real, of course, but that it comes from some part of them that they relate to on whatever level. I think that's one of the things I don't like about many, but not all glory notes by power singers. They don't always communicate something real to me. They sometimes seem like musical muscle flexing. Now, of course, there are some that are perfectly placed, and work beautifully to communicate the sentiment (Solitaire and DSIAFCD, for examples of Clay glory notes I enjoy, but there are tons of others from various artists I could probably think of). It just comes down to what listeners want from music, I suppose, and that is not the same for everyone.

Nothing personal taken. I was just throwing my two cents into the conversation. I will readily admit that there is a HUGE difference between my token singing in community groups to a professional performing in front of the masses. I would never assume to know how Clay feels about any of it. For me, the glory notes sometimes feel like "look what I can do and how long I can go without taking a breath". The two songs you posted are really the only ones where I appreciate that ability....well...I do like Celine Dion's "River Deep/Mountain High"...

I don't see this having been posted...kind of a cute oldie, taken at (apparently) a YMCA camp in NC in 2002 (clickable).

th_ymca.jpg

Suzanne to the left, I believe Kristy directly in front of Clay, one of his other college friends (can't remember her name) second from the right. I recognize the gentleman standing to Clay's left behind Kristy but can't for the life of me remember where from or who he is. Anyone? I don't think it's Jeff (from LTS).

luckiest1 I'd forgotten you were up here this weekend! It was an all-day doozie. I went down to the city to an art show in the afternoon and it was HOT there; when I came back I had no internet or cable TV, so I was forced :lol: to go downstairs and do laundry and watch scruffy's banter series which I burned to DVD last week. Laughed my butt off and saw some things I hadn't even noticed in concerts I'd been at.

If anyone hasn't downloaded it, I highly recommend you do.

Random Theories.......

• BFM
was recorded by Clay

Maybe he still has it in his repertoire

Maybe he had an "option" to release it, and it ran out.

More than one cover of a song can be out can't it?

Maybe Clay used to like it but the when :hitsfanrs5: he didn't like it anymore.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I can honestly say I don't care that someone else recorded BFM! I never want Clay to record a certain kind of song. He records what he does, the record company puts out what they want and I listen. Most times I like it, sometimes I don't but it never occurs to me to think that he should have had that certain genre on the CD. Cover Album? I loved it! So what if it was not original songs, it was still Clay singing and that's all I really expected and needed.

I guess I am easy where he is concerned. He has more than entertained me in the past years and I am one of the proverbial "sing me the phone book and I will like it". Or if I don't I'm not going on some message board to complain that someone or ones have done him wrong!

Oh and the theories are already sprouting about 5th grader :whistling-1:

I LOVED "Touch". My favorite "original" Clay song EVER!!!!!!

I refuse to accept that he will never sing it to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee live!!!! <delusional>

JY was my favorite of the JBT new songs. Least favorite EASILY was ATD (but I love you anyway Scarlett!).

As you can see, Clay and I have similar tastes! :lol:

Although my favorite of the new songs from ATDW was TOA - and it was his too! LOVED it recorded and LOVED it live.

...over an idea HE came up with for the summer tour,

Couchie - what was this about?? What did I miss??

I have come to the conclusion that this fandom thrives on controversy and has from the beginning. I often wonder if Clay had won AI2 if the fandom would have been so intense since they would have had nothing to angst about.

Weird fandom this. Most fandom thrive on joy, not angst. And there has been plenty of joy being a Clay fan.

I too loved WRKP in Cincinnati. My favorite sitcom EVER. But I refused to buy the DVDs when I found out they didn't use the original music, which was such an integral part of the show (due to royalty issues) and that some of the epsiodes were the ones edited for syndication (due to them being stupid). I do wish they could somehow get everything straigtened out and release the episodes as they originally aired. I would be willing to spend more money to get the real episodes.

All I ask about Clay's next album is that CLAY is happy with it - that he likes the songs, likes the arrangements, likes the sound and looks forward to singing them in concert. I HOPE he gets a radio hit from it, but there are so many factors out of his control on that I won't be holding my breath. I don't care what style its in (well, unless it were CCM....). I have preferences of course, but its not MY album. It IS Clay's album and when all is said and done, I want it to truly be CLAY'S album. I would love to get a true idea of where is he musically.

ETA:

Oh and the theories are already sprouting about 5th grader :whistling-1:

Oh do tell!!

CG..I just think Clay has been duly informed in his latest blog comments that his plans for involving fans in his Xmas shows are all kinds of stupid. I think there is kind of a hope that he will listen and change his mind before the shows start. I won't be holding my breath on that. I bet he didn't expect the vehemence, the proclamations of non attendance and that he is cheap and unprofessional. Maybe it will be a disaster. Maybe it won't. But don't see how it is any worse than picking fans at random with no expectation for what they will say or do and he has done that at every show he has ever had since IT.

You just keep holding on to that Touch delusion k?

Agree with your entire paragraph about Clay's next album. I would love to know where he wants to go. If it's full of dance music I will laugh my fool head off and buy it happily. If it's some sort of country/alternative hybrid I will do the same. I'm pretty easy when it comes to him.

I agree with the comments that BFM didn't showcase Clay's voice, other than the chorus - I really liked that. I can imagine that singing something that an audience gets into is fun, even if the singer isn't particularly fond of the song. But the real reason I'd like to hear the song again is that I just prefer uptempo stuff. And not just with Clay. 9 times out of 10 I will skip a song on a CD if it's a ballad. If much of Clay's recorded material was sung by anyone else (with a few exceptions) it probably wouldn't even cause a blip on my radar screen. There is my musical taste and then there is Clay. Clay is a genre. What kind of music do I like? Alt. rock and Clay Aiken.

There is my musical taste and then there is Clay. Clay is a genre. What kind of music do I like? Alt. rock and Clay Aiken.

LOL I really love this and this is me. I like soul music and I like Clay AIken. For me it's not even about the songs, it's about Clay. Weird. But my involvement in this entire Clay fandom is weird. heee.

There is my musical taste and then there is Clay. Clay is a genre. What kind of music do I like? Alt. rock and Clay Aiken.

LOL I really love this and this is me. I like soul music and I like Clay AIken. For me it's not even about the songs, it's about Clay. Weird. But my involvement in this entire Clay fandom is weird. heee.

Not weird at all...I feel the same way.

Kim

FYI - I accidently ordered an extra ticket to New Brunswick NEW JERSEY (clarification for our Canadian friends) - and I can send it back for a refund, but if anyone in interested - it is for seat F4 (8th row -too far back for pros) 111.50 - I will wait a week before returning it.

Here is the thing, I think a lot of fans are easy, just not vocal. I don't think this fandom thrives on angst - individuals do, I don't and I know a lot of others do not. I got into this fandom as a stress reliever, I am so glad that worked. I may have to leave it some day because the negatives out way the positives if I am not careful. There are some fans who wanted to go Nyah, nyah to other fans and rub their noses in it, that is not wroking too good anymore. So they want to blame someone. I just want Clay to sing to me, that is how unfussy I am. I cannot wait to 5th grader - publicized or not, Clay will be on my TV, I will get to see all the stuff I have been spoilered on already, heh. Then I will be getting ready for Vega, where I will spoil others. Honestly, I don't think people have a brain in their head if they think Clay is just sitting on his butt,, I think he is busting his butt and does deserve his January or February vacations. Iused to get 6 weeks, he doesn't even seem to take that much off. He doesn't even get to really take off sick days, he just goes out and performs anyway.

Musical taste? Pretty much everything that is not hiphop or annoying sounding or people yelling at me. I don't like every song by any one person - I just like what I like.

I loved BFM for the energy of the song... it was just fun to sing along to!

I hated ATD when I first heard it... I thought the lyrics were stupid and the first verse was wwwaaayyyy too slow. I would have liked it more if the tempo had started at what the tempo was for the second verse. I LOVED it from the bridge onward, espcially after they added the Andy reverb!

If you listen to either of those songs and then listen to Invisible, to me you can hear the difference in quality immediately. Invisible is a great fast song for Clay's voice, especially after he started playing around wtih it a bit. I want more of that caliber. And, Clay has said he never gets tired of singing it, so that's what I want for him.

There are many people who think that the way to show someone you love them is to worry about them. I think that is a part of the love for angst in the fandom.

I also agree with whoever said that people have expectations of what Clay's being successful should look like and just can't get it in their minds that he's choosing his own path, his own version of what being successful looks like. I am having a ball watching him!

To me, Clay has brought a tremendous amount of love into the world and that is being a HUGE success! I know the fandom can be a pain in the arse sometimes, but also think about the amount of love and caring it has exhibited at times. The true friendships and the way fans help fans and the massive support for his foundation and UNICEF. I love the way I have changed due to his example! I truly love the man!

I guess I'm feeling philosophical this Sunday afternoon! LOL

The man loves to play with us, sooo... here are some pics of him doing just that!

baltgah.jpg

117424876-L.jpg

Pic055fsn.jpg

srhp_tampa.jpg

GAH... he is sooo gorgeous! :Thud:

Since I couldn't remember how the song started or really how it goes except for the fist pumping "Back for More" part, I just watched a YouTube of Clay singing BFM (don't know from which venue) and he looked like he was sneering the whole time! :cryingwlaughter: BFM WAS a fun concert song and it was kewl to watch Clay playin' "Rocker Dude"...my younger daughter LOVED the song when I played it through my iPod in the car and she thought it WAS a song on the radio the first time she heard it! Funny, though...a year later the song came on again and she said something like, "Oh...I remember that." Then later in the song, "You know, I can't imagine that song on the radio anymore."

Alrighty, then. :huh:

And I just have to quote this part of Couchie's post because it saves me typing all the content again in MY post! I bolded the parts that really made me especially go: :preachit: Yep. Agree in all counts! (Well, except Perfect Day isn't my favorite MOAM song...heh)

The only song I never found a better live version of is Perfect Day, my favorite song from MoaM. Perfection. heee.

I loved the theatrics of I Survived You. So I can actually believe him when he says - he's thinking of a sandwich when he's singing LAA (maybe not every performance...) because I understood he neve wanted to committ hari kari when singing I Survived You. He's a born actor... He made me like Solitaire once I saw him singing it live and it was his dramatic presentation -- the way he tore himself away from the mic like it was the last thing he would ever do on earth.

<snip>ATD. I liked the song during JBT but frankly tired of it by the time it was on the album and didn't enjoy it in concert until he brought it back and it was suddenly seemed fresh and new. I really love all the changeups he did with it upon it's return.

As for singing songs he doesn't like..I don't believe he always didn't like the song (See ATD above) or that he HATED the song which is an entirely different thing. And he's enough of a showman that he can still do it and communicate it to you without you knowing he didn't care for it.

It's a beautiful day here. I was up early to take Alex to her soccer referee job and just walked around the soccer complex listening to my iPod while she was 'working'. Now I'm getting ready to drive across the bay to watch Carrie pitch in the first game of her double header softball fun and then dash back across the bay in time to catch Alex playing soccer!

But FIRST I must go to a store to get another cassette adapter for my iPod so that I can listen to CLAY in the car to and fro.

Priorities, women. B) Later, friends! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh, and just in case you might forget....

:naughty2: :th74: :pinkhandcuffsf::XmasRed::DoClay: