#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

gallery_11_15_186809.jpg

gallery_11_15_152621.jpg

So how is everyone this morning????

Well I think I'm coming down with something. I have a rapid heartbeat, feel agitated, rapid shallow breathing, and a dry mouth. I may be feverish, as I'm perspiring and feel very warm and keep moaning.

I wonder why? Is anyone else experiencing the same symptoms?

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend to our Canadians! canada003.gif

Greetings to everyone else, too! :dance2:

Thank you for the wallpaper, ChaCha, and the handsome CApix, Idyjocelyn! :Thud:

The avi looks great, Muskifest. :P

:welcome:Zena, Sassy, and all other new members I have missed! Glad to have you at FCA!

Go, Tar Heels! :cheerleader:

Have an awesome weekend, FCA! th_bubblesmileyrev.gif

Caro listen.gif

ooooh...thank you, liney! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Ain't he delicious? :hubbahubba:

Ummm, muski... ya.ah... he is just a leetle delicious! :Thud: You're very welcome! It was a tremendous amount of work... NOT! :cryingwlaughter:

Claygasm, glad you realized no cropping was necessary to make that smiley sexysingerman your avie. Lookin' good, gals!!!

All this avie changin'... I decided to change my own. One of my favorite clack... David Foster Gala... Love everything about that appearance and his appearance, too!

Yup liney! I saw what you did for muski and grabbed that sweet smiling picture so fast it made my head spin!!!!

First time I've been able to get on this morning, because we're having a DANDY thunder and lightning storm on this supposed-to-be-a-30-above day. Look out cindilu2 and luckiest and goldarngirl! Here it comes!

:

Thanks a bunch FromClaygary but I'm in Halifax and it is beautiful here :D

I am loving AI Rewind. I didn't start watching Season 2 until the Wild Card results show, so this is all new to me. And these auditions are much more entertaining and less exploitative than what I saw of the AI6 auditions.

I am watching with Clay-focused eyes and it all looks good to me. As often as I've said that Clay Aiken IS the American Idol, it gelled in my brain watching today. Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood probably didn't need American Idol to become stars. They are both attractive females with great voices and American Idol was a stepping stone. Others that have come from the show had enough talent and ambition to make it without an Idol win -- Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry and, maybe, Kellie Pickler, as examples. But Clay, Ruben, Fantastia, Taylor and Elliott arguably would not have had recording contracts without Idol, not ever. Among these, only Clay has reached multi-platinum status and has become a superstar. And he became that superstar ON Idol and has retained a faithful following and sold millions of albums. He has a successful concert career. He does TV. He's a UNICEF ambassador. He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant. He met his inner hot, sexy man and appears to have made peace with him. His voice is his voice. And he's still the same wonderful guy we met on AI. The all-time top three recording success stories on Idol are Kelly, Clay and Carrie -- but I think Clay is the show's true success story. There is a line to walk between being too closely associated with Idol or divorcing from it, and I think Clay has maintained a good balance. This is the 5-year anniversary period and I do believe we can expect to see Clay and AI connected right up through the AI7 Finale.

When I unexpectedly saw Clay on AI5, the thing that hit me, and sent me to the boards, was a strong feeling of power from him, a sense of inevitability surrounding him -- like watching the future of entertainment walk on the stage and it was breathtaking. What I found on the messageboard was a surprising number of fans with diminished enthusiasm and some completely demoralized by tabloid-consciousness or internet gossip, career second-guessing, rumors and fear. I never bought that stuff because I had honeymoon immunity, and the impact he made on me that one night has been validated every day since. I am not and never have been Pollyanna. That's not it. A direct hit to the core of the brain caused this.

These are good meds, so blame it on that if my rambling is going off the page.

I am loving AI Rewind. I didn't start watching Season 2 until the Wild Card results show, so this is all new to me. And these auditions are much more entertaining and less exploitative than what I saw of the AI6 auditions.

I am watching with Clay-focused eyes and it all looks good to me. As often as I've said that Clay Aiken IS the American Idol, it gelled in my brain watching today. Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood probably didn't need American Idol to become stars. They are both attractive females with great voices and American Idol was a stepping stone. Others that have come from the show had enough talent and ambition to make it without an Idol win -- Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry and, maybe, Kellie Pickler, as examples. But Clay, Ruben, Fantastia, Taylor and Elliott arguably would not have had recording contracts without Idol, not ever. Among these, only Clay has reached multi-platinum status and has become a superstar. And he became that superstar ON Idol and has retained a faithful following and sold millions of albums. He has a successful concert career. He does TV. He's a UNICEF ambassador. He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant. He met his inner hot, sexy man and appears to have made peace with him. His voice is his voice. And he's still the same wonderful guy we met on AI. The all-time top three recording success stories on Idol are Kelly, Clay and Carrie -- but I think Clay is the show's true success story. There is a line to walk between being too closely associated with Idol or divorcing from it, and I think Clay has maintained a good balance. This is the 5-year anniversary period and I do believe we can expect to see Clay and AI connected right up through the AI7 Finale.

When I unexpectedly saw Clay on AI5, the thing that hit me, and sent me to the boards, was a strong feeling of power from him, a sense of inevitability surrounding him -- like watching the future of entertainment walk on the stage and it was breathtaking. What I found on the messageboard was a surprising number of fans with diminished enthusiasm and some completely demoralized by tabloid-consciousness or internet gossip, career second-guessing, rumors and fear. I never bought that stuff because I had honeymoon immunity, and the impact he made on me that one night has been validated every day since. I am not and never have been Pollyanna. That's not it. A direct hit to the core of the brain caused this.

These are good meds, so blame it on that if my rambling is going off the page.

Oh my gosh, keepingfaith, that is an absolutely beautiful and incredible post. I'm going to copy and paste it to a word file and keep it. You've blown me away with it. Every word is great, but the bolded part gives me good chills. The first sentence of that I'm nominating for thread title and will copy to the appropriate place. Then your next to the last paragraph, which I purpled, just did my soul good. As one here from the beginning, though not to the boards until the Friday after AI ended, I just loved reading your experience. Thank you for sharing all of this. Great big :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

See why I love you. :wub:

Lord, so Loverboy just released Back for More:

http://www.bananatoons.com/index_flash.html

Click on Loverboy to play it.

Loverboy? Seriously? And the guy claims he wrote it? Huh?

Stealing from CinPA at CH:

http://web.295.ca/~gtmadore/interview1.htm

In the linked interview, Mike Reno states:

The new album was produced by a group of people. Sean Hosein, Dane DeViller, Steve Smith, Anthony Anderson and myself and Adam H for the record company, RockSTAR Music Corporation. I am not listed as a producer, which is fine. I wrote every song on the album with the guys and organized the troupe - the group. I got them all together and after doing that they formed the record company which I'm also a consultant for but not a part of, and we devised a way to do a quality album by putting in talent and not asking anyone for money but we volunteered our time. We should almost call the new album "Volunteer."

If I were he, I'd be a bit embarrassed. Who is better known in the US, Loverboy and Clay Aiken, and who is all over Youtube singing BFM in 2005? And the performer listed on ASCAP is Clay Aiken:

BACK FOR MORE (Title Code: 321596690)

Writers:

DE VILLER DANE ANTHONY

HOSEIN SYED SEAN

KIPNER STEPHEN ALAN

Oh my gosh, keepingfaith, that is an absolutely beautiful and incredible post. I'm going to copy and paste it to a word file and keep it. You've blown me away with it. Every word is great, but the bolded part gives me good chills. The first sentence of that I'm nominating for thread title and will copy to the appropriate place. Then your next to the last paragraph, which I purpled, just did my soul good. As one here from the beginning, though not to the boards until the Friday after AI ended, I just loved reading your experience. Thank you for sharing all of this. Great big :F_05BL17blowkiss:

keepingfaith, I tried very hard to decide which part of that "absolutely beautiful and incredible post" as AnAmeraikenInTX put it, to quote, and I couldn't. I have a feeling it will be quoted many times by many people.

So I did the next best thing and quoted AnAmeraikenInTX who applauded you so eloquently.

I love the words "honeymoon immunity". What a great way to remind me that a fresh perspective, wonderfully unencumbered by so much of the baggage I've picked up along the Clay road, can be an epiphany to me as well. Thanks especially for taking your thoughts, (especially in your weakened and medicated condition,) ;) one step further and sharing them here with us.

I'm not a PollyAnna either; i know that cause i've tried to be, and the clothes just didn't fit.

It's a long journey to being and staying authentic; imperfectly or otherwise. I think Clay works pretty hard at that, and I guess if that doesn't fit what people want to see in him, it's their loss.

Clay is special. Enough said.

Back at you, AAIT! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Thanks for commenting!

However, I suspect there's a boatload of people probably sick of hearing my thoughts and opinions that include references to AI5. I try to reign it in as much as possible, but sometimes it just spills over and I hope it remains at least tolerable for those of you who know too well the power this had on me:

thAIClay2.gifClay5.gif

{{{{{{zena}}}}}}

It's so sweet here at FCA. I think only about five people, total, appreciated my perspective at OFC, and I think that's because I wasn't a marketing legend in my own mind. For some reason, that stuff seemed to go over big. And the super-secret-inside-rockstar stuff. What a load of crap that all was, and how nice it is to be free of it.

kf we will never be tired of hearing your thoughts on AI5. I love you girl!

OMG. I am in love with those pics. I think that guy looks like a sexy, mature, confident, intelligent, handsome and sexy man.(yeah I know I said sexy twice!) But from that smile I sense underneath there is still a devilish, fun loving boy. What a combination!

Oh and liney belonging to the eHP, it's not if you live in a certain area it's more of a state of mind......if you can stand the state of our minds then you are in*g* Anyway evil is such a misnomer. It should be enthusiastic or eager or exuberant or exciting or excellent or....well you get the drift.

I suspect there's a boatload of people probably sick of hearing my thoughts and opinions that include references to AI5. I try to reign it in as much as possible....

Not to me--you can talk about it every day as far as I'm concerned.

It's so sweet here at FCA. I think only about five people, total, appreciated my perspective at OFC, and I think that's because I wasn't a marketing legend in my own mind. For some reason, that stuff seemed to go over big. And the super-secret-inside-rockstar stuff. What a load of crap that all was, and how nice it is to be free of it.

I'm one of those five. :wub:

Due to life sucking, I have to sell my Omaha Clay ticket.

Oh man, that really does suck. {{{{{jumpingjacks}}}}

This whole St. Louis concert thing puts a crimp into my concert season too -- which means I may be backing out of the Waukegan show. St. Louis would actually be more convenient for me, and at a more convenient time too. I'll keep y'all posted, but if I end up selling my ticket, y'all be the first to know.

keepingfaith -- I love you man. You so rawk. And this paragraph is fantastic:

The new album was produced by a group of people. Sean Hosein, Dane DeViller, Steve Smith, Anthony Anderson and myself and Adam H for the record company, RockSTAR Music Corporation. I am not listed as a producer, which is fine. I wrote every song on the album with the guys and organized the troupe - the group. I got them all together and after doing that they formed the record company which I'm also a consultant for but not a part of, and we devised a way to do a quality album by putting in talent and not asking anyone for money but we volunteered our time. We should almost call the new album "Volunteer."

If I were he, I'd be a bit embarrassed. Who is better known in the US, Loverboy and Clay Aiken, and who is all over Youtube singing BFM in 2005? And the performer listed on ASCAP is Clay Aiken:

Writers:

DE VILLER DANE ANTHONY

HOSEIN SYED SEAN

KIPNER STEPHEN ALAN

Oh blech!!!! BLECH!!!

Anybody need some bleach for their ears?

I'm also waiting with armor on for the "Loveboy sucks for stealing Clay's song" brigade to come charging....

I love this too. You've told me enough about the OFC in this one little paragraph to basically tell me that I don't need to go there. Period.

See why I love you. :wub:

Writers:

DE VILLER DANE ANTHONY

HOSEIN SYED SEAN

KIPNER STEPHEN ALAN

Was that brain matter I have been wiping away from my keyboard? Are heads exploding that (1) someone else recorded BFM and (2) that some idiot claimed he wrote it?? Have they managed to drag Clive/RCA into the conspiracy??? Should I venture out and see????

However, I suspect there's a boatload of people probably sick of hearing my thoughts and opinions that include references to AI5. I try to reign it in as much as possible, but sometimes it just spills over and I hope it remains at least tolerable for those of you who know too well the power this had on me:

thAIClay2.gifClay5.gif

{{{{{{zena}}}}}}

Keepingfaith, I never tire of hearing of the effect AI5 had on you. It reminds me that even though I combusted at that hair, his power and lure is so strong and so special it transcended the superficial and went straight to the hearts and soul of people.

That, my friends, is the power of the Aiken!

Oh, do let me jump on the keepingfaith love wagon here...absolutely FLOVED your whole freakin' post, woman! Here's a present of appreciation.

yummy2SH.jpg

I also got a buzz from this line in zena's post:

It's a long journey to being and staying authentic; imperfectly or otherwise.

Gawd, ain't that the truth...and it's hard enough when your life is private and your own; to have it constantly under scrutiny and criticism...

Yeah, he's got titanium ones, fo sho. :hubbahubba:

Bravo Keepingfaith! I still have that clip on my computer and two years later it still gives me goosebumps! This man will not be denied, he is too talented and too driven for it to be otherwise.

I truly wish the fandom would allow him to develop into who is meant to be instead of always trying to make him into who they want or need him to be.

Loverboy and BFM...I wish them luck, I never had much of an attachment to BFM...it was a nice little song...too boy-bandish for me and I always though Clay could do better and hopefully he will on the next CD.

Kim

thAIClay2.gifClay5.gif

{{{{{{zena}}}}}}

:clap::clap::clap:

KF is gettin' the love this afternoon! And it's well deserved. I, too, LOVED Clay's AI5 appearance. I felt like I had to keep it quiet, though, or that I was weird or somehow a bad fan, 'cuz so many didn't like it. Ah, well. I've watched it hundreds of times since, and will keep watching it. I loved every freaking minute. Yeah, the hair might have been a little overdone, but it had the effect of making a huge contrast between AI2 and AI5 Clay. And the vox was FANTASTIC. I FLOVED it. It's one of the clips on my treo that I watch over and over, and will never take off. Clay simply, and seemingly effortlessly, BROUGHT IT that night.

First inning and the Cubs are already losing to the Diamondbacks...is it next year yet?

Sigh

Kim

Loverboy and BFM...I wish them luck, I never had much of an attachment to BFM...it was a nice little song...too boy-bandish for me and I always though Clay could do better and hopefully he will on the next CD.

I feel the same way. BFM never blew my skirt up. I don't know that I thought of it as boy-bandish, but to me it was formulaic without an irresistible hook. I'm always looking for that special song that once I hear it I need to hear it over and over again immediately. This wasn't one of those songs for me.

Oh, do let me jump on the keepingfaith love wagon here...absolutely FLOVED your whole freakin' post, woman! Here's a present of appreciation.

yummy2SH.jpg

muski, as I was scrolling down your picture, it made me think of this .....

stroke.gif

Here's a cutie -- in your honor, LadyJ!

bwahaha.gif

Are heads exploding that (1) someone else recorded BFM and (2) that some idiot claimed he wrote it?? Have they managed to drag Clive/RCA into the conspiracy???

But of course! Nevermind what Clay actually told people about not caring for the song.

---

Oooh jj. I'm so sorry. *sniff* Sorry you won't get to go [shallow] and sorry I won't get to meet you [/shallow]