#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

I've never been one to get into conspiracy theories regarding RCA or Roger, but Roger leaves RCA Oct. 1 and since then we have had a whole week's worth of clack...coincidence or not?

Kim

Complete and utter coincidence. IMO.

Anybody recognize the bald guy sort of behind Clay? He reminds me of an actor - NY guy - who used to play a cop/sidekick in the TV series Due North or Due South - about the Mountie working with the NY Police Dept?

Anybody?

The character's name was Ray.

How's that for obscure?!

Love the pics!

We ate Vienna sausages and potted meat too. heh. In Hawaii you find spam on the menu so made sure I ordered it when I was there.

Oh yeah, Vienna sausages with cocktail sauce (no idea why - I guess cuz it tasted good?) and potted meat... didn't have that real often but yes, we ate that too.... and smoked oysters, sardines in the can... as odd as some of it is, it was all comfort food... makes me miss my folks... in fact, as I recall, after they both had passed and my sister and I were cleaning out the cupboards (God, it was unbelievable what we found!), we did find some Vienna sausages... tossed those suckers since we had noooooooooooooooo idea what decade they were from.... :huh:

I like Spam, especially fried. It's good with fried rice and eggs.

We did this too but with regular white sticky rice... it was dinner many an evening... even now, I'll make up a cooker of sticky rice and do some over easy's (got my son hooked on that part!)... I'll have to check out the Spam again now that I see there's low fat, low salt, turkey, etc.

merrieeee - glad your day got better when you got home... man, don't think I've ever heard of anyone losing that many people around them that close together (and I know they aren't your relatives, but how freaky....)... here's to better tomorrows!!

liney23 - Happy Birthday! and thanks for all the pretties!

A day of wealth here - new pics, new video clip, 5th Grader news... yippee!

Another mention! Eonline has an article about Britney getting her driver's licence. They want to know if celebs get preferential treatment. Guess whose name is mentioned in the same paragraph as Madonna?

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/answer/index...ee-9b9002a877ca

I've never been one to get into conspiracy theories regarding RCA or Roger, but Roger leaves RCA Oct. 1 and since then we have had a whole week's worth of clack...coincidence or not?

Kim

Well, I have no idea if the two are connected, but I sure am enjoying it. And even more, I am enjoying seeing him out and about in NYC especially knowing that he really enjoys the city. I am not nosy (well, actually, I am :hubbahubba: ) but I like these non-descript random sitings by the paparrazzi since it allows my imagination to run wild about just WHAT is he doing in NYC this time ?? I rather enjoy making up my own mental images of him hanging out with Tyra or Mike Nichols/Diane Sawyer, or he and Jesse working out arrangements for the Christmas music, or meeting with RCA folks about the CD, or busy in rehearsals for Spamalot. Guess I have a boring life..doesnt take much to entertain me.

And, Kim, even if roger's new job and this new clack are unrelated, I am breathing a lot more easily since Oct. 1. Cannot pinpoint why, but the guy has always creeped me out.

Kim

Yeah, that's what I thought, but I was just wondering.

Kim

Kim

I agree. Coincidence.

Okay, so I'm watching 5th Grader. They said that this was this group of kid's last chance. NOW I understand why all the descriptions/names of the kids in the certs were strange to me. Hoping for a promo for next week!!!!

Okay, so I'm watching 5th Grader. They said that this was this group of kid's last chance. NOW I understand why all the descriptions/names of the kids in the certs were strange to me. Hoping for a promo for next week!!!!

FYI - 5th Grader is on both tonight and tomorrow night this week, so there are a couple chances for promo. Next week, it's just on Thursday night, and playoffs start on Friday night.

While I get a kick out of seeing paparazzi pictures of Clay from LA and NYC because I'm nosy and it's cool to know where he is, it certainly illustrates why it's probably best for him to actually live in Raleigh where he doesn't get bugged.

Anybody recognize the bald guy sort of behind Clay? He reminds me of an actor - NY guy - who used to play a cop/sidekick in the TV series Due North or Due South - about the Mountie working with the NY Police Dept?

Anybody?

How's that for obscure?!

Love the pics!

There were other people in the pictures?? :cryingwlaughter:

There were other people in the pictures?? :cryingwlaughter:

Yeah, I looked. Guess I'll have to turn in my ClayCard!

:cry4:

No, you don't. I did see them when I went back to look, but I didn't recognize anyone. I also went back to look at the shoes and the stuff in his hands and the shirt that somebody said was the same one he wore at the McDonalds handprint thing 3 years ago. Can anyone else give me another reason to go look again? :Thud:

CRAP!!! (But YAY! for the rest of you guys.) Fifth Grader is going to show while I'm gone. It's been a long time since I sat in front of my computer refreshing for clack alerts but I guess that's where I'll be next Friday morning....because Baku is 11 hours ahead of us here in Houston. I guess this is a little dose of what I can expect in the new year, eh?

Talk about whiplash, he looks like a different guy in those candids and pretty comfy up there in the Big Apple, too. Nice. He doesn't look one bit fat in real life....unlike moi who looks fat in both pictures and in real life. Could that be because I am? Either way it's no fair, you should only have be one or the other.

My head hurts from looking at apartment photos online, over and over and over again. Dropping by here is a nice diversion from all the other things I am supposed to be doing. I've just decided to be in the moment and think about all that other stuff tomorrow. Does that make sense? I'll think about Clay having lunch in NYC tonight. Hmmm.....I guess that should be dinner.

zena, you are a wise one, you are. Did y'all know she's my friend? :flirtysmile3: And she writes REALLY REALLY funny stories. Really.

I am not ready to go anywhere, let alone to the other side of the world on Saturday. You want to see panic in its purest form, stop by my place tomorrow night. It should be classic. :onFire:

That's it. Time to get off my butt.

Whoa!! I almost (but not quite) forgot to wish liney23 a :00003653: . Spank me.

Clay.

Anybody?

How's that for obscure?!

Love the pics!

I remember Ray, but I don't think that's he. (Lurve Deep South!!!!)

Happy birthday liney23!!!

:7252:

The chest is starting to match the shoulders - very nice. Not much stomach to be seen though.

AN aside - I worked with this one guy who we all thought was chunky. Then the company decided to have the annual summer party at a private lake and people wore bathing suits - all I can say it that guy in a bathing suit was not heavy at all, more adonis like - Clothes are not always flattering.

For me, however, camaflage is quite neccessary.

EEEEEEEEE! Cool new pictures! "Regular guy but still probably working on something Clay" pictures! EEEEEEEEEEE!

EEEEEEEEE! Clay's gonna be on my teevee next week! Showing the world his brains! And his heart! And his working with kids! And...and...

Was Raleigh and Durham there? Because if it was shown he's kind to pets too, it would be perfect!!!!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

:polon: :polon: :polon:

I was going to give you guys a break from me today, but NO SUCH LUCK!!! :P

First and foremost......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINEY23!!!!!

:7252:

I remember you from my first board. I remember PMing you about your crystals and such and finding it so interesting! I am glad you found your way over to FCA!

A pretty picture!

clay9.jpg

Why the hell don't we have a drooling emotion????? Now THAT's my Clay!!

Hmmmm. Maybe spending the majority of my life in this area is one reason I am such a cynic in life!

Hey didn't ya'll boo Santa heee. You made Kobe cry. :cryingwlaughter:

Yeah, well Kobe DESERVED to cry!!!!!

Sort of like all of Philadelphia right now........ :cry4:

Just dropping off a pretty....

clayblackwhiteip3.jpg

OMG eandpmommy!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE drop by more often!!!!!!!!!

Is your sweet hubby stil making those lethal cosmos?????

EEEEEEEE! There's a preview clip that's just been vaulted. He's wearing the black button down shirt, the one from Syracuse I think. Bangs. He says "Crap! My whole plan is completely gone!" And there is new old footage of him on the street in Atlanta!

ETA CU link.

That's my Clay.

CRAAAAP!

Heh. He cracks me up so much. :cryingwlaughter:

Hee!! He said CRAP on national TV!!!!

I love him!

As per OFC, Clay's episode on Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader is going to Air on Oct. 11!!!

Wonder if that's not a typo. Unless I totally missed it - which is possible because I found this station called Chiller that is airing "Twin Peaks" and I was switching back and forth - I watched 5th Grader and didn't see a single promo. October 11th would be a week from tonight. You would think they would promote it heavily.

And if they don't, you can't blame it on Roger!! :cryingwlaughter:

Seriously, wouldn't you think they would save these celebrity episodes for November sweeps????

Oh Cool..I'm very happy we have a date for Fifth Grader. Which reminds me I need to send in my moola. Whoo hooo. Gladly!! Claygasm, oh I'm sure they'll start promoting it soon. And with baseball, premptions, etc many a show can get lost during the playoffs so a high profile show like this will probably be good for Fifth Grader. I was so happy when they began to start 24 in January and we no longer had to deal with so many issues.

Clay's hanging around NYC? Cool. That probably means he's working on somthing. Hope he's playing too.

So, there's clack and then there's clack. Paparazzi shots and charity events is well clack lite and personally don't feel there's anything special happening PR wise. Fifth Grader and Idol have been in the can for a long while. Although are either about RCA and Roger anyway or other parts of Team Clay? So I wouldn't even say conincidence.

Did the Insider/ET thing make it to TV or just online. Just curious..forgot to go back and click on that clack last night.

KAndre, I forgot to tell you that your strikeout post about your seminar cracked me the hell up this morning. I also cracked up that you asked questions that they have to scramble around to find the answer to..and then promise you a follow up call. Reminds me of my brother and I in our very devlish youth, when (and I hope I don't offend here) JW would come to our doors and start chatting with us. Now as many of you know I'm a PK so one thing I knew at that time was my bible. I typed up many a sermon, lesson plan for the bible college, and theology university paper. So my brother and I would ask them the most difficult question we could think of and watch them squirm. Ah man, that sounds awful. heee Thank goodness I'm such an :8: now.

Damn I need to go wash clothes and pack for my trip tomorrow. Can't wait to see my bro and SIL and the kids.

Yeah, well Kobe DESERVED to cry!!!!!

Sort of like all of Philadelphia right now........ :cry4:

Ahhh Remember the Titans. Don't abandon ship. uh... It ain't over until the fat lady sings?

Nope, I bet none of that helped did it :cryingwlaughter:

Nope. But thanks for trying!

This team has fought back all season, but winning 3 games in a row when 2 of those 3 are in Colorado and we have no pitching?

Stranger things have happened though.

But this is Philly. We LIVE to be disappointed by our sports teams!

As per OFC, Clay's episode on Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader is going to Air on Oct. 11!!!

Wonder if that's not a typo. Unless I totally missed it - which is possible because I found this station called Chiller that is airing "Twin Peaks" and I was switching back and forth - I watched 5th Grader and didn't see a single promo. October 11th would be a week from tonight. You would think they would promote it heavily.

And if they don't, you can't blame it on Roger!! :cryingwlaughter:

Seriously, wouldn't you think they would save these celebrity episodes for November sweeps????

Apparently 5th grader will be affected by playoffs and World Series play.

baseball post-season schedule

NLCS Game 1 Thurs., Oct. 11 TBS

NLCS Game 2 Fri., Oct. 12 TBS

ALCS Game 1 Fri., Oct. 12 FOX

ALCS Game 2 Sat., Oct. 13 FOX

NLCS Game 3 Sun., Oct. 14 TBS

ALCS Game 3 Mon., Oct. 15 FOX

NLCS Game 4 Mon., Oct. 15 TBS

ALCS Game 4 Tues., Oct. 16 FOX

NLCS Game 5 Wed., Oct. 17 TBS

ALCS Game 5 Thurs., Oct. 18 FOX

NLCS Game 6 Fri., Oct. 19 TBS

ALCS Game 6 Sat., Oct. 20 FOX

NLCS Game 7 Sat., Oct. 20 TBS

ALCS Game 7 Sun., Oct. 21 FOX

WS Game 1 (AL host) Wed., Oct. 24 FOX

WS Game 2 (AL host) Thurs., Oct. 25 FOX

WS Game 3 (NL host) Sat., Oct. 27 FOX

WS Game 4 (NL host) Sun., Oct. 28 FOX

WS Game 5 (NL host) Mon., Oct. 29 FOX

WS Game 6 (AL host) Wed., Oct. 31 FOX

WS Game 7 (AL host) Thurs., Nov. 1 FOX

(red indicates potential games)

That's potentially 3 weeks in a row of preemptions for baseball. There's a special showing of 5th grader tomorrow night, and I'll bet the October 11 showing of Clay's episode was just decided after considering what to broadcast and when after the baseball schedules were announced. (And after the falling ratings came in.) Maybe they'll even repeat portions of Clay's show during the celebrity special in November as well. Because you know, there's never encugh Clay Aiken.