#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

The more I think of it, the more I think that keepingfaith's story is exactly the kind of memory that could lead to song! I think we have a winner here!!!! - It also meshes with Clay's "don't let your boys grow up to be a cowboy' song story.

You know it just hit me...I still haven't seen clack from the last 3 shows. I'm going to San Diego this weekend to have some quality time with my brother's kids..... this might be just the distraction entertainment I need.

Couch, you've got to watch this one first! IWTKWLI by Spotlightlover in Orlando! It's a classic! I've watched it everyday! :cryingwlaughter:

My rule of thumb is to treat Clay as if he posted at the same board I am posting at. We all have different interpretations of how we respect Clay and respect other posters.

:preachit:

I think the Christmas idea is lovely. It will give us a chance to watch Clay's face while others talk and give him something to talk/snark/laugh/cry about. I was reading an article recently about how important it has become for artists to have audience participation--people no longer want to just sit and listen. (Sorry, I have no idea where I read it or I'd bring it here.) Anyhow, my point is that I think Clay understands that instinctually. Now, there will always be a few who resent ANY attention that anyone gets because they're jealous, but those are the "over-invested" not the NJU and sane people who make up most of the audience. I really don't think it matters that some people don't like the concept or "ONLY" want Clay (a point that I personally find so tiresome) because I think the majority of the audience WILL.

I pretty much ignore all the gloom and doom about how something will ruin his concert/tour/career etc because we hear the same old thing about pretty much every single thing he does , and it never amounts to anything but a tempest in a teapot. At any rate, it's Clay's concert and he can damn well do as he pleases. (Thank God--his instincts have been pretty good so far.)

wandacleo You are such a wise woman.

keepingfaith you must send your "JTTW" story. It sounds like a winner to me. - and-

Have a wonderful day

:bday2:

You know it just hit me...I still haven't seen clack from the last 3 shows. I'm going to San Diego this weekend to have some quality time with my brother's kids..... this might be just the distraction entertainment I need.

Couch, you've got to watch this one first! IWTKWLI by Spotlightlover in Orlando! It's a classic! I've watched it everyday! :cryingwlaughter:

Oh this was the song I had to rate so I did listen to this song from every venue and despite the hijinks and the laughter I put Orlando on my recommendation list. I listened to the audio and I swear that when I heard "heartache and pain" and the laughter for the first time I just knew he had pointed to Ang and Quiana. After I was done I watched the video clack..and sure enough...HILARIOUS. So minor adjustment I have seen this clip and of course the booing clip but that's it. Can't wait to see balcony girl.

I wasn't there, but in the clack I found the balcony girl part to be funny. I mean, he played the whole Classics to her, so no wonder it annoyed some people, but I got a kick out of it.

couchie, I loved your IWTKWLI recommendations. I had a blast listening to them yesterday, and out of the 5 I ended up choosing to keep Orlando and Newark on my iPod.

Oh this was the song I had to rate so I did listen to this song from every venue and despite the hijinks and the laughter I put Orlando on my recommendation list. I listened to the audio and I swear that when I heard "heartache and pain" and the laughter for the first time I just knew he had pointed to Ang and Quiana. After I was done I watched the video clack..and sure enough...HILARIOUS. So minor adjustment I have seen this clip and of course the booing clip but that's it. Can't wait to see balcony girl.

May I suggest another good one?

Ft Meyers WGLGD-cuteClayFaces-Q-sittingOnClaysLap_canfly172

Stargazer..I've read about this..sounds incredibly cute..can't wait to see it.

BTW, when we rate the 2007 Xmas show - hey where'd everybody go heee, maybe after opening night we can grab our song and we'd have the entire length of the concert to actually work on the project. :bolt:

KAndre you're in charge again...

:threadkiller:

Keepingfaith, your Joy To The World story is really funny and I think you should submit it. And, :00003653:

Clay in Spamalot or some other Broadway show. If he does it, I will go. However, I will believe it when he or his people announce it.

Fan Christmas stories -- could be very funny. If its not working, I'm sure he will change it up. The potential for some of the usual famewhores suspects fans to get on stage is certainly there, but it will be what it will be. I always enjoy his concerts no matter what he does or who he chooses to highlight.

What he looked like in those blue carpet pictures: no biggie to me. Harsh lighting, white background does not favor a pasty white boy. Fat? Hardly. I saw him close up this summer and he was NOT fat. More filled out than he used to be, yes. The entertainment websites and shows pick on lots of celebs for not looking their best. Clay is hardly alone. He is amazing in his ability to look so different at different times.

One of these days I will be able to stop walking these dang dogs. Too much reading not enough posting. You are all just so fascinating that I never have much to add.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Never ever make the mistake of saying saying you are having a good day because it can only go down hill from there!

I got to work this morning and here's what had happened today! My co-worker's aunt died, my husband's aunt died, my longtime friendly car mechanic died and another co-worker has her purse stolen!

Gosh and it is only 1:00pm.

:fca:

Have a great one, keepingfaith! I think you should send your story in, too.

:7252:

I think I'll go see Spamalot on one of those free nights in Vegas next month. I missed it when it was here in Houston this summer and was sorry I did. As to the veracity of the rumors? Meh! Who knows? I think it would be fun, probably wouldn't slow down an album because, heaven knows, there are a hundred other things that could slow it down, as well, that aren't nearly as much fun.

{{{{merrieeee}}}}

{{{{{{{{merrieeee}}}}}}}

Semi-OT: Got this from Cute Overload yesterday, and it simply cracked me up....

halloweenies.jpg

What makes it "topic?" Um...Clay likes dogs. Clay likes Krispy Kreme and McDonalds. Um...is that good enough? Please say yes....

Can we get an FCA timeshare in New York for multiple viewings of Spamalot? I'm already a believer! I was gonna share my story , but as I said it's poignant, sad, but very genuine. He'd never use it, I'm sure! But it's the only thing that came to me.

It's not the right temperature in the room right now, so maybe later. I love Clay's ideas and yes, I do hope he'll do a gospel set one day with the girls. It would be fabuloso! I love that montage that shows Clay doing all the Jefferson dances and "Help me , Jesus!" falls to his knees. He and the girls were just hi-larious . Qiana, "Wh-what's the matter?" Angela, " Take it easy now.." and so forth.

And Jesse's cute little bouncy ass as he conducts the Jefferson theme!

Many hugs and squishees to our merriee! Shit happens, but c'mon now- enough's enough already! My sympathies, dear one.

Can we get an FCA timeshare in New York for multiple viewings of Spamalot? I'm already a believer! I was gonna share my story , but as I said it's poignant, sad, but very genuine. He'd never use it, I'm sure! But it's the only thing that came to me.

Hey Diva..funny you should say that.... my mom's been sick the past couple years so we've banked a couple weeks of the time share. Well she gave me a week to use for fun and games and I'm just waiting for the opportune moment to turn that into some sort of Clay holiday.... I was thinking album release week in NYC or a integrate it with a tour somehow next year. I'd do a trade in a hot New York Minute. Imagine the fun....

ETA Or hell we could use it during a drought to go somewhere nice and sunny and sit around drinking fuzzy treasure trails and watching clack and of course exercising and eating healthy... or when he has that concert in the phillipines heee. Scarlett bring you clack supply! :cryingwlaughter:

I've never been to NYC, except once en route to NC when our little prop plan landed at La Guardia and we had to switch planes for the 2nd part of the trip. That was soooo exciting, we saw the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty on our approach! Hee, sad isn't it? I'd love it if Clay gave me a reason to have to go there. couchie, can I sleep on the floor of your time share? :partytime2:

122057805-S.jpg

This is a picture of the eHP at Central Park last December. Well it would be a picture of them if they were standing in front of the camera and not behind it!

We were doing our homage to Clay tour! You know GMA studio, Rockefeller Center, the UNICEF Snowflake, Macy's etc.

I have a lot of funny Christmas stories, because I have crazy relatives. But there's one story that is a favorite of mine because it's so illustrative of my daughter -- and she can't escape the retelling of this story every Christmas. When she was five, we were at my parents for Christmas and my mother insisted we go to church that morning because they were having a Christmas caroling service. My daughter loved to sing, has never had a shy bone in her body, and tended to demand attention by being LOUD. Let's just say she's never needed approval in her life --- for anything. So when the songleader said to a group of children sitting in a group, "Who knows the words to Joy To The World?" my daughter jumped up and loudly intoned in the third row at the First Baptist Church:

Jeremiah was a bullfrog

Was a good friend of mine

Never understood a single word he said

But I helped him drink his wine

And he always had some mighty fine wine

Singin'... Joy to the world

All the boys and girls now

Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea

Joy to you and me

And although people were laughing, that didn't stop her until she was through. Yeah, she's still a piece of work. Now my mother, who is the opposite of my daughter and cares way too much about what other people think, was in a state of shock. She'd never heard of Three Dog Night, but she knew her granddaughter was singing about drinking somebody's mighty fine wine in the Baptist Church on Christmas Day!

Thanks for the birthday wishes ... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Sure it's good to have them because it beats the alternative, yada yada, but do they have to keep coming so quickly?????

Keeping Faith... LOVED your story. Laughed very hard, so please to submit it. Question is, could you read it without totally cracking up???

And, :fest30: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I agree with you totally about how quickly they just keep on coming. Thank goodness for Clay... he makes me feel younger! :hubbahubba:

I bring a prezzie.

Untitled-11copy.jpg

(It's not great but I am still learning, thanks to cha cha))

merrieeee... I beg to differ... I think it is very great. Awesome clarity! I RCAS faster than the speed of a mouse!

Never ever make the mistake of saying saying you are having a good day because it can only go down hill from there!

I got to work this morning and here's what had happened today! My co-worker's aunt died, my husband's aunt died, my longtime friendly car mechanic died and another co-worker has her purse stolen!

Gosh and it is only 1:00pm.

:fca:

merrieeee... OMG!

I hope he does Spamolot. That sounds totally kool! And fun!!! I agree that he will make the storytime fun for all... that's just what he does! Exceptionally well, I might add. I can never figure out why people decide something is not going to be good before it happens. Have they not heard of self-fulfilling prophecy??? LOL

Couchie... your idea sounds like a good one about starting our rating from the beginning rather than the end. I'll still volunteer! Honest! No, really... I only did one song, so it was a joy and I finished on time, so KAndre didn't have to spork me, so it's all good! As soon as we get a set list!

Hee it gets better! Another co-worker just told me she found out her 19 year old son is the victim of Identity Theft! It seems he has had a mortgage since 2000! She always said he was ahead of his years*g*

merrieeee, how can you have all this unhappiness on my birthday? Stop it now! I LOVE your wallpaper present. So let's see, now you've done Snowflake and AI5 ... good going! If I could only get you to enjoy the music of your countrymen ... you know a little band known as the Beatles? Only through Clay Aiken could we have become such friends ... you with a Julio Iglesias background and me hanging with the 13th Floor Elevators. This is the biggest melting pot of musical tastes and backgrounds imaginable.

Thanks for the feedback on my Christmas memory. Dee will never live it down as long as I'm alive.

Okay, here is a question - why hasn't Clay mentioned anything about narrating Rewind?

Some theories:

He had to do it contractually, and didn't really want to.....and perhaps contractually he didn't get paid much

He is trying to see if there really is a Claymate ratings bump when he DOESN'T ask us to watch something

I don't think he mentioned it in his blog?

Heeee.....In other news, I am starting to think there was a Clay jeer in Cane, but no one wants to mention it because they lurve Jimmy Smits. (I don't, but then Cane is on the same time as James Spader, so it won't get watched anyway).

Spamalot - Bwah! And at our house, all I have to say is "Give up?" to start a reenactment of the limb-challenged knight. I also am quite convinced rabbits will use those huge teeth on my jugular vein, if given the chance, and I was gratified to see that they are indeed killers.

Okay, here is a question - why hasn't Clay mentioned anything about narrating Rewind?

My theory: He forgot! :cryingwlaughter: I lean towards the idea that it was something Clay wanted to do; one pathway to the TV show that he wants so badly.

I hope he narrates the whole season. And I also hope that it doesn't get preempted by football everyweek.

Those dogs! :clap: They have had some serious training!

Oh! Oh! Oh, rats! I got the top of the page!

I think the Christmas idea is lovely. It will give us a chance to watch Clay's face while others talk and give him something to talk/snark/laugh/cry about. I was reading an article recently about how important it has become for artists to have audience participation--people no longer want to just sit and listen. (Sorry, I have no idea where I read it or I'd bring it here.) Anyhow, my point is that I think Clay understands that instinctually. Now, there will always be a few who resent ANY attention that anyone gets because they're jealous, but those are the "over-invested" not the NJU and sane people who make up most of the audience. I really don't think it matters that some people don't like the concept or "ONLY" want Clay (a point that I personally find so tiresome) because I think the majority of the audience WILL.

I pretty much ignore all the gloom and doom about how something will ruin his concert/tour/career etc because we hear the same old thing about pretty much every single thing he does , and it never amounts to anything but a tempest in a teapot. At any rate, it's Clay's concert and he can damn well do as he pleases. (Thank God--his instincts have been pretty good so far.)

i wanna be wandacleo when i grow up :clap:

Happiest of birthdays to keepingfaith! Loved your Christmas story!

:00003653: :partytime::balloons: :bier:

Also love the Christmas story idea - sappy Clay fan that I am *g* - and love the Spamalot idea even more - flove MP! Whatever makes Clay happy - I'm all over that!

and a pretty . . . cause I'm all over his thighs tonight too . . . as usual

Pala196049752-L.jpg

Ooooh, fried spam is so very, very good. Gooooooooood.

I grew up with Spam... sliced and fried, cut in chunks in salad, you name it, my mother found a way to feed it to us... and I liked it! Whenever it comes up at work, people look at me like I just got off a spaceship but I always liked it... didya know there's a Spam museum? Austin, MN on the way from Wisconsin to South Dakota....

keepingfaith - Happy Birthday! and you must submit that story... BWAH!!! Did anyone else singalong as they were reading it? Just me then?

And dang merrieeee - I think you get the prize (not that you probably want it) for the day with the most crap flung near or at one person...

And NYC? Spamalot? I'm there. I wanted to go when I was in NYC in May but no one else I went with was that crazy about seeing it... it is coming here next year late April so I can catch it then if this is just rumor... but I'd love to go back to New York!

And dang merrieeee - I think you get the prize (not that you probably want it) for the day with the most crap flung near or at one person...

You would not believe how carefully I drove home!*g*

I never drink...don't like the stuff but this is the kind of day where I would say I need drink. A Coca-Cola would go down real nice right now. This reminded me of the time my uncle died on a Tuesday and I found out that another uncle had died the next day.

What bothered me the most was my mechanic was younger than me. He had just worked on my car on Friday and I found out today that he died on Saturday. (Heart Attack) We had become friends over the 15 years he worked on our cars and we trusted him! One of the good guys!

I think I'll go watch some good Clack.

My theory:

He actually narrated this quite a while ago, perhaps several months ago, and he simply didn't realize it was already on. My guess is that he may be busy with other things, perhaps in New York, and the Idol Rewind gig may not be top of mind. I know it's a big deal to fans, but it may not be blogworthy to him at the moment.

I could imagine him preoccupied with plans for the Christmas tour, which may be why he blogged about the stories. It's entirely possible that he's been meeting with his producer, going through songs and perhaps even recording. He could be working with NBC network executives on plans for the skating special which will be taped in just a few weeks. Maybe he really is in discussions with Spamalot. He may simply be thinking of other things. And I think we've seen that he doesn't always keep up with message board discussions.

This idea that he was contractually obligated to do the program, and that he somehow resents his involvement, is something I personally find highly implausible. Idol Rewind was not even contemplated when he signed his Idol contract five years ago, and his very excellent attorneys, who were able to negotiate a departure from 19, would undoubtedly have been able to free him from any such possible obligation should one have existed in the first place. If 19/Fremantle had some kind of contractual authority over Clay, you would have seen him on American Idol Extra, the Fox Reality show which has had interviews with nearly every ex-Idol, but not, thus far, with Clay. (BTW, you may notice that AI Extra and AI Rewind share the same EIC). Kelly Clarkson's involvement with the first season of Idol Rewind was apparently minimal, if non-existent. If they could force Clay to narrate, they probably could have forced her to participate more fully as well.

BTW, legally, one cannot obtain specific performance of a personal service contract, anyway. That is to say, you cannot physically make someone perform against their will. You can sue them for breach of contract, and try for money damages, but you cannot make them actually work. But again, there is absolutely zero proof that Clay ever signed a contract with a provision for narration services on a program like American Idol Rewind.

Of course, I also like saltwaterdog's explaination:

My theory: He forgot! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cryingwlaughter.gif) I lean towards the idea that it was something Clay wanted to do; one pathway to the TV show that he wants so badly.

And I like Spam too!